PDA

View Full Version : Mafia XIV Game Thread - GAME OVER - Cult Win! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

[M] Gaius
01-29-2010, 04:11 AM
Carbuncle;2783576']Doomtrain, what do you think about all this? You haven't spoken in awhile. Odin, what are your opinions?
Why stop with them? Here some other people who haven't posted in a while:

Diablos (1 total post)
Anima (1 total post)
Phoenix (7 total posts)

And who Carby mentioned:
Odin (0 total posts)
Doomtrain (4 total posts)

So why did Carbuncle pick them in particular?

[M] Gaius
01-29-2010, 04:12 AM
Siren;2783582']What do you mean by threads?
Sorry, I mean threads as in thoughts. Many thoughts going through my head and different scenarios. Not threads in the message board sense. :)

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
01-29-2010, 04:15 AM
Thought that would be the case, but I just wanted to make sure.

[M] Adama
01-29-2010, 04:16 AM
Valefor;2783583']
Carbuncle;2783576']Doomtrain, what do you think about all this? You haven't spoken in awhile. Odin, what are your opinions?
Why stop with them? Here some other people who haven't posted in a while:

Diablos (1 total post)
Anima (1 total post)
Phoenix (7 total posts)

And who Carby mentioned:
Odin (0 total posts)
Doomtrain (4 total posts)

So why did Carbuncle pick them in particular?
Because I didn't remember who else was inactive. :p Diablos Phoenix Anima what are your thoughts?

[M] Caprica
01-29-2010, 04:22 AM
First order of business: I made a very lame post yesterday because I was on a serious time crunch. I'm sure this here post will make up for it.

Secondly...Two townies gone already?! Man..

Well, it's a new day. Let's get some scummies.

[M] Bahamut! I'm still lookin' at you, kid.

First of all, I'm still sticking with my post from yesterday, no matter how lame it was.

Leviathan;2782853']
Bahamut;2782841']

I know that. I was justifying why I would be off the hook if Ifrit flipped town.
in all honesty, so far, this is really all I have. I think it's enough for now.

##Vote: Bahamut

Yes, Bahamut, I see that you corrected yourself almost instantly, but that mistake shouldn't have happened. It looks a little fishy is all I'm saying.

Bahamut;2782603']I had chalked Ifrit's annoying behaviour up to first day ridiculousness, but I see what you're getting at, Chocobo. Regardless, I'm sticking with my vote, because, like I said, Ifrit annoys me, whether it's his role's fault or his.

As a note, if I had a role like that, I'd be screwed. If that is the case with Ifrit, I commend you.

Voting for people solely because they annoy you is mean :( but besides that, it's a careless move and can't afford to be making careless moves. We have a mafia and possibly even a cult or some other such third party to get rid of.

Bahamut;2782809']The fact that Cactuar claims that he would flip scum has brought something unorthodox to light. I'm gonna stick with my vote, but if Ifrit is lynched and flips scum, I'll have something more to say, not an accusation about anyone specific or involving any suspicion in any one person, but about the roles of the game itself. This still stands if Ifrit is not lynched, someone else is, and they also flip scum. I have a feeling that it's just a ridiculous hunch, but I'd like to investigate it further if our first lynch flips scum, regardless of who it is.

Bahamut;2782790']
Also, I say we do it the other way around. Let's lynch Ifrit first, and if he flips town then I'll take the knot next, whether I like it or not. If he flips Mafia, then I'm off the hook. Whichever way you decide, him or me first, it'll work out the same way.

You're essentially telling the town here that if Ifrit turns out to be mafia, then you're definitely town, and if Ifrit is lynched and turns out to be town, then you're definitely mafia. I see a potential problem here, does anyone else?

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
01-29-2010, 04:27 AM
I already did.

[M] Caprica
01-29-2010, 04:28 AM
@Valefor: as mentioned in my above post, i did see bahamut correct himself. my first instinct is to not trust anyone because that's how the lovely game of mafia works. the town's goal is to destroy the scum and survive, and because of that goal, everyone is guilty until proven innocent. that's just how it works.

because of that, my first thought on the post is "oh, he was just covering so he doesn't look suspicious." Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know. The only way to find out is if his role is revealed somehow.

[M] Caprica
01-29-2010, 04:28 AM
Just following my gut here is all.

[M] Gaius
01-29-2010, 04:42 AM
Ok, let's assume Bahamut is mafia. Put yourself in his head and ask why he did what he did on day 1. Why would a mafia make themselves so visible and go after Ifrit so determined? Wouldn't that just spell his own doom, like it almost did and may do so today? I'd really like to know what you think his strategy was.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
01-29-2010, 04:49 AM
Valefor;2783597']Why would a mafia make themselves so visible and go after Ifrit so determined?

Because most ,if not all, of us wouldn't expect something like this.

[M] Adama
01-29-2010, 04:51 AM
Chocobo;2782646']Why do you think he is likely to be mafia? Why don't you think he has a special role? Remember Horny Gay Faith Healer? It's happened before, where there has been someone with restricted posting options. Now I'm not saying that he could know this as well and use it to try to clear himself, but I am saying, as I have said before, that he is most likely a townie with restricted posting.

Chocobo;2782646']##unvote: Valefor
##vote: Cactuar

You seem to be too against Ifrit

Chocobo;2782595']I really don't understand anything that's going on right now.

Ifrit appears to have an odd role where he is forced to talk in rhymes. I doubt this would be a mafia role, so I say he is town, because I don't think he would try to do something like this so he can be cleared as a townie, there would be easier ways of doing that.

Why is Chocobo so hellbent on defending Ifrit? This a questions I'm asking myself too because I find it weird.

[M] Caprica
01-29-2010, 05:01 AM
Valefor: In reference to the quotes I posted where he says "if ifrit is lynched and flips town then I'm mafia. If Ifrit is lynched and flips mafia then I'm town," my gut is telling me either:

a) he's a townie who's completely and utterly without a shadow of a doubt certain that Ifrit is mafia.

b) he's a third party player who knows who's on what team. if Ifrit's on the mafia team and we all lynch Ifrit, then it will clear Bahamut's name if we follow his guidelines, and so the third party will live on and he will not be suspected...Unless of course he slips up somehow/a cop investigates and finds him to be guilty/a tracker follows him to the scene of crimes.

[M] Caprica
01-29-2010, 05:09 AM
@carby: that is a little weird, isn't it?

[M] Gaius
01-29-2010, 05:54 AM
Leviathan;2783603']
b) he's a third party player who knows who's on what team. if Ifrit's on the mafia team and we all lynch Ifrit, then it will clear Bahamut's name if we follow his guidelines, and so the third party will live on and he will not be suspected...Unless of course he slips up somehow/a cop investigates and finds him to be guilty/a tracker follows him to the scene of crimes.
What role would have that super powerful ability?

[M] Helo
01-29-2010, 07:04 AM
I hope Odin is replaced soon. Apart from the fact that we now know the psychologist, and the likely presence of a Cult, we haven't been given much else to go off from previous events. I am sticking my vote on an inactive for the time being.

##Vote: Anima

[M] Helo
01-29-2010, 07:12 AM
Valefor;2783620']
Leviathan;2783603']

Unless one was created, none. I doubt the mods would create too many new roles. It would also be grossly overpowered if the player was town-aligned, and if he wasn't then we wouldn't want him to win. I don't think this is the case though.

[M] Adama
01-29-2010, 08:09 AM
Looking over thread again.

Valefor;2783551']I guess we don't really know what Cheater is because it is a made up role, but it did come up green, so I have to assume town-alligned, and for that I have to believe her that there is a Psychologist. However I do not believe you are it and I suspect she was trying to get you killed for voting her out. The fact that you weren't could indicate you are in fact a killer. :greenie: Then again, I don't know why mafia would want to kill the Psychologist since their power isn't useful against mafia.
There was a small hint that Titan is the psychologist before Cactuar revealed it. Titan reacted angrily when Cactuar pointed out that there was a psychologist.

Titan;2782811']
Cactuar;2782801']Posting from my phone (this means I didn't read a bunch of the previous posts) so I'll keep this short. I was gonna save this for a better situation, but I think I'll just come out with it. Also forgive me for not using paragraphs, the enter button on my phone submits the post. Anyway. My role is Cheater. Before the game starts I choose one player and I am told ("peek at") their role. Because I "cheated" I come up guilty when investigated. I am town aligned. I will not reveal who I chose, but I will tell you that I was told he was a Psychologist. So I guess we have cult or something. I'll answer any questions when I return to my dorm.

I can't believe you did that, you Cheater! *lifts a piece of earth and tosses it away rather angrily*
Why would the Cactuar lie about the psychologist when they didn't lie about being the Cheater? The only way this would work is if the Cheater is revealed town upon death, but is actually anti-town. Based on the Cheater's information we can gather that there is probably a psychologist, it's probably Titan and there is probably a Cult.

Valefor;2783574']
Carbuncle, you're doing that as well. Stop fake voting Rydia and get down to business. But for now,

<b>##Vote: Leviathan</b>
What are you talking about? I haven't joke voted since Day 1 and I have been down to business since Day 1. :p

Back to Fatty and Fiery. Chocobo and Ifrit definitely have a connection to each other. Whether they are for the town remains to be seen, but Chocobo's defenses for Ifrit and them both voting the same leads me to believe this.

##Vote: Rydia

[M] Adama
01-29-2010, 08:12 AM
:)

[M] Anise
01-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Yo sorry I've been away. Something came up. Anyway, I'm going to catch up on what I've missed and post anything I come up with.

[M] Anise
01-29-2010, 10:00 AM
Ifrit;2782611']I'm not yet allowed to discuss my role.
But all I will say is that I am no troll.
Firstly, I'm enjoying Ifrit's rhymes. It takes a lot of effort to post like that, whether it's a restriction or not.

If he's not allowed to talk about his role yet, then I would like him to live long enough to give us something solid to work with. It is quite possible that he's one of the strongest townies we've got. So for now, he's not a major threat in my eyes.

Next section momentarily (I find it easier to plan my points separately, probably easier to read too)

[M] Anise
01-29-2010, 10:11 AM
Titan;2782949']
Carbuncle;2782941']
Cactuar;2782918']
What the hell. I never attacked him. I was never against him. What I meant is that you can't just assume he isn't town. He wasn't suspicious to me, but that doesn't mean he's beaming townie vibes out of his ass.
You say you were never against Ifrit and yet, you voted to lynch him. It did seem like an easy target for you because alot of people were ganging up on him at the time.

Sounds like a contradiction, and there's an old saying, and it goes something like this: Cheaters never prosper. Sorry Cactuar.

##Unvote: Ramuh
##Vote: Cactuar
The above post was made at 10:42pm (whatever timezone this account is in). So was the below post.

Cactuar;2782953']smurf it, Titan is the Psychologist. Have at him.

Which means:

Have you noticed how Cactuar immediately named me as that Psychologist after I had casted the final vote? Well, there you go.
Yes I noticed how he posted at the exact same time as Titan. I don't think he would have had enough time to preview, see the vote and then out Titan as the psychologist just to lay heat on him. I'm undecided as to whether Titan actually is the psychologist.

First of all, Cactuar was a townie. So outing another townie would draw the mafia's attention straight to that person and get them night killed. Here are some possible outcomes of last night:

- If Titan was protected, then we have to be dealing with two parties who can night kill, otherwise there wouldn't have been a death.
- There might be a bus driver, who decided to target Titan and Alexander.
- Titan is scum, and Cactuar outted him in the hope we'd be suspicious of him.

Regardless, I think we are actually dealing with a Cult. So it's on our psychologist, whoever that is, to find who it is and out him.

One more post coming~

[M] Anise
01-29-2010, 10:25 AM
Leviathan;2783590']

Bahamut;2782603']I had chalked Ifrit's annoying behaviour up to first day ridiculousness, but I see what you're getting at, Chocobo. Regardless, I'm sticking with my vote, because, like I said, Ifrit annoys me, whether it's his role's fault or his.

As a note, if I had a role like that, I'd be screwed. If that is the case with Ifrit, I commend you.

Voting for people solely because they annoy you is mean :( but besides that, it's a careless move and can't afford to be making careless moves. We have a mafia and possibly even a cult or some other such third party to get rid of.

Bahamut;2782809']The fact that Cactuar claims that he would flip scum has brought something unorthodox to light. I'm gonna stick with my vote, but if Ifrit is lynched and flips scum, I'll have something more to say, not an accusation about anyone specific or involving any suspicion in any one person, but about the roles of the game itself. This still stands if Ifrit is not lynched, someone else is, and they also flip scum. I have a feeling that it's just a ridiculous hunch, but I'd like to investigate it further if our first lynch flips scum, regardless of who it is.

Bahamut;2782790']
Also, I say we do it the other way around. Let's lynch Ifrit first, and if he flips town then I'll take the knot next, whether I like it or not. If he flips Mafia, then I'm off the hook. Whichever way you decide, him or me first, it'll work out the same way.

You're essentially telling the town here that if Ifrit turns out to be mafia, then you're definitely town, and if Ifrit is lynched and turns out to be town, then you're definitely mafia. I see a potential problem here, does anyone else?

Leviathan sums up my thoughts pretty much exactly. Voting for someone because they annoy you can get us in a lot of :bou::bou::bou::bou:, especially if Ifrit does have an important role.

All of this "if he's town then I'll be next anyway" talk makes you reek of scum. Also:

Siren;2783599']
Valefor;2783597']Why would a mafia make themselves so visible and go after Ifrit so determined?

Because most ,if not all, of us wouldn't expect something like this.

Siren has it right. Nobody expects the really loud characters to be scum, particularly if they're posting and (apparently) trying to help catch scum.

So for now, Bahamut is on top of my list.

##Vote: [M] Bahamut

[M] Anise
01-29-2010, 10:29 AM
Ramuh;2782663']Hey guys srs time nao. I was just messing earlier, but it caused some discussion so go us? :D Ifrit being mafia would strike me as odd, because he is the most active poster and no mafia is ever so vocal day 1. (same logic can be applied to me btw.)

Okay this post just irks me. Especially the bit at the end, in brackets. "I'm vocal day 1 just like Ifrit so we're both not mafia". Uhuh.

[M] Caprica
01-29-2010, 11:18 AM
Valefor;2783620']
Leviathan;2783603']

Mafia usurper. They have access to the mafia forums, they're counted as a member of the mafia, but their goal is to get the godfather killed. The other mafia members don't know that they're a traitor.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
01-29-2010, 11:39 AM
Phoenix;2783673']First of all, Cactuar was a townie. So outing another townie would draw the mafia's attention straight to that person and get them night killed. Here are some possible outcomes of last night:

- If Titan was protected, then we have to be dealing with two parties who can night kill, otherwise there wouldn't have been a death.

All the mafia figured Titan might be protected and went for someone else.

Leviathan;2783683']Mafia usurper. They have access to the mafia forums, they're counted as a member of the mafia, but their goal is to get the godfather killed. The other mafia members don't know that they're a traitor.

I don't think the usurper can see the Mafia forum.

[M] Caprica
01-29-2010, 11:47 AM
Siren;2783685']
Phoenix;2783673']First of all, Cactuar was a townie. So outing another townie would draw the mafia's attention straight to that person and get them night killed. Here are some possible outcomes of last night:

All the mafia figured Titan might be protected and went for someone else.

Leviathan;2783683']Mafia usurper. They have access to the mafia forums, they're counted as a member of the mafia, but their goal is to get the godfather killed. The other mafia members don't know that they're a traitor.

I don't think the usurper can see the Mafia forum.

Actually they can. I iknow this because: a) I played one in breakfast mafia, b) the roles flash says so :p

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
01-29-2010, 12:19 PM
I must of being thinking about the Final Fantasy mafia game.

[M] Mom – Host
01-29-2010, 12:23 PM
Carbuncle stop voting for me :(

[M] Anise
01-29-2010, 12:59 PM
It's because he likes you, y'know? ;)

[M] Elize
01-29-2010, 01:58 PM
Ok, here I am.
I have been rather slack not only this evening, but yesterday also, so I'll have a read through on what's been going on.
I'll do my best to give you my opinion on those who I find to be sus, of course.

[M] Felix
01-29-2010, 03:10 PM
Hey guys do you know the time?
Of course you do, it's 20 past RHYME

There's just one thing that I'd like to know
And so I am about to ask someone: Chocobo
Yesterday at one point you voted Valefor
How do you feel now? Is he someone to ignore?

[M] Helo
01-29-2010, 03:37 PM
Diablos;2783707']Ok, here I am.
I have been rather slack not only this evening, but yesterday also, so I'll have a read through on what's been going on.
I'll do my best to give you my opinion on those who I find to be sus, of course.

Please do.

[M] Adama
01-29-2010, 03:41 PM
Phoenix;2783673']

-Probably. I think there are two anti-town factions. Cult and Mafia or Serial Killer and Mafia because I think psychologist could be for a serial killer too.
-:confused: How could a bus driver target two people in one night?
-If Titan was scum, why wouldn't Cactuar mention that? They just said psychologist and psychologist doesn't necessarily mean Mafia though a Mafia psychologist could exist, but I think Cactuar would have said this if this were the case.

Rydia :mad2:

[M] Helo
01-29-2010, 03:45 PM
A Bus Driver switches the places of two people, Carbuncle.

[M] Helo
01-29-2010, 04:13 PM
Okay, for the first time I have an opportunity to make a good post.

Shiva;2782945']Oh for Crystals' sakes :mad2: If no one else is switching votes or an inactive's not saving the day in the next five posts, I'm going to lynch someone.

What? Why would you want to end the day like this? It's much more beneficial for the town if we can deliberate longer.

Shiva;2783554'][M] Carbuncle must be a saint for not settling that sudden death. :p Was sure hoping someone'd crack from that stalemate, and [M] Titan might not be looking too hot for doing the deed. Also worth looking into are the other people who voted on [M] Cactuar, because while he was begging for a rope, wouldn't be too easy to get a mafia like that? Another thing, I don't know what a Psychologist does, could someone explain? :(

Titan has been confirmed as a psychologist, so we aren't bothered about that, and you yourself said you were about to cause a lynch anyway.

Shiva;2783564']Thanks, [M] Valefor, I guess it was mentioned earlier, but I couldn't find a link in the mafia flash explaining the role, but that's what I'm going with then. Can Psychologists be turned cult, if [M] Titan wasn't killed, he could have been recruited?

I'm seeing a trend here of you dropping hints about Titan. Your point does not make sense because Titan would have been killed even if he was recruited. I find it odd how you are trying to taint Titan's reputation with invalid arguments.

[M] Elize
01-29-2010, 04:20 PM
Ok, I've left this rather late, haven't I? Hopefully that means I might be able to engage in some discussion for once, that'd be exciting.

Anyway, there's only really been one thing that has specifically caught my attention, and Phoenix has already beaten me to it:

Phoenix;2783678']
Ramuh;2782663']Hey guys srs time nao. I was just messing earlier, but it caused some discussion so go us? :D Ifrit being mafia would strike me as odd, because he is the most active poster and no mafia is ever so vocal day 1. (same logic can be applied to me btw.)

Okay this post just irks me. Especially the bit at the end, in brackets. "I'm vocal day 1 just like Ifrit so we're both not mafia". Uhuh.

It just really caught my attention, as you're needlessly covering yourself there, and I don't like it.

It seems like a mafian trying to put themselves on the same level as someone who is seen as being town (as it was speculated that if Ifrit really does have to rhyme every post, a role like that would probably be town).

I also noticed Chocobo being rather defensive of Ifrit, the subject was touched on briefly, but didn't really go under much scrutiny.

But my main point is still your post Ramuh, what's going on there?

[M] Helo
01-29-2010, 04:26 PM
Simple: I was concerned people would take our rhyming the wrong way. What I am trying to say is that what we were doing doesn't in any way point towards us being scum. I will admit I worded it poorly and it looks suspicious.

[M] Elize
01-29-2010, 04:40 PM
Yeah, it was worded rather badly, as I found it quite obvious that you were just playing along with his rhyming, thus making that part of your post needless covering...

Oh, and I just had a thought about Titan, do you think it possible that Cactuar discovered that someone else was the psychologist. Then rather than putting heat on the real psych, said that it was Titan to try and then get the mafia to kill Titan?
And then if they didn't kill Titan, could it then mean that Titan is scum himself?

You really have to think of every possibility, and Ramuh, you've just gone and said that
Ramuh;2783739']Titan has been confirmed as a psychologist
When Cactuar may or may not have been telling the truth here. Now I'm not trying to 'taint titan's reputation' this is purely speculation, right?
I just thought I'd throw it out there, because we really do have to think of every possibility.

[M] Athena
01-29-2010, 04:41 PM
Ramuh;2783739']
[QUOTE='[M] Shiva;2783554'][M] Carbuncle must be a saint for not settling that sudden death. :p Was sure hoping someone'd crack from that stalemate, and [M] Titan might not be looking too hot for doing the deed. Also worth looking into are the other people who voted on [M] Cactuar, because while he was begging for a rope, wouldn't be too easy to get a mafia like that? Another thing, I don't know what a Psychologist does, could someone explain? :(

Titan has been confirmed as a psychologist, so we aren't bothered about that, and you yourself said you were about to cause a lynch anyway.
QUOTE]

I want to point out that I have not confirmed whether my possible role as a psychologist is true, so quit treating as if it's been confirmed. What we do know is that there could be a psychologist among us, or it's possible that the Cheater's claim might be entirely false. Once we do find out that there is a psychologist, then it is possible we could be dealing with a cult along with a mafia.

[M] Athena
01-29-2010, 04:42 PM
bah, my quoting didn't work, and I can't edit my post to fix it. :(

[M] Anise
01-29-2010, 04:44 PM
I agree. His role isn't confirmed. We should neither treat is as such, nor dismiss the possibility.

[M] Helo
01-29-2010, 04:44 PM
Trying to Kill Titan would have been silly because he would receive any protection the town could offer. I'm also getting the feeling that this game involves a Cult and a Serial Killer.

[M] Helo
01-29-2010, 04:45 PM
Okay whatever. :|

[M] Anise
01-29-2010, 04:49 PM
Wouldn't the game be too unbalanced if we had a Cult and a Serial Killer?

[M] Helo
01-29-2010, 04:50 PM
We've had a game with a Cult, Mafia and a serial killer before.

[M] Anise
01-29-2010, 04:51 PM
I stand corrected then. Let's not dismiss the possibility.

[M] Athena
01-29-2010, 04:51 PM
I don't think we have both a Cult and a Serial Killer. It's either we have a Cult, or we have a Serial Killer, or we have neither.

[M] Apollo
01-29-2010, 04:52 PM
[M] Ramuh, it's great you point at me, since it gives me reason to throw dirt right back:

Ramuh;2783644']I hope Odin is replaced soon. Apart from the fact that we now know the psychologist, and the likely presence of a Cult, we haven't been given much else to go off from previous events. I am sticking my vote on an inactive for the time being.

##Vote: AnimaYeah, yeah, kill more inactives who won't give us jack information, sounds great. I'm thinking your behaviors might need more scrutiny. :p

If my behavior seems paranoid, it's cause it is, and that's my best answer for now when you question my motives. :(

[M] Helo
01-29-2010, 04:54 PM
Shiva;2783760'][M] Ramuh, it's great you point at me, since it gives me reason to throw dirt right back:

Ramuh;2783644']I hope Odin is replaced soon. Apart from the fact that we now know the psychologist, and the likely presence of a Cult, we haven't been given much else to go off from previous events. I am sticking my vote on an inactive for the time being.

##Vote: AnimaYeah, yeah, kill more inactives who won't give us jack information, sounds great. I'm thinking your behaviors might need more scrutiny. :p

If my behavior seems paranoid, it's cause it is, and that's my best answer for now when you question my motives. :(

It is better to apply pressure on an inactive than just let them hide. I don't necessarily intend to stick to that vote.

[M] Anise
01-29-2010, 04:55 PM
Okay I want to edit that last post because I said "dismiss the possibility" twice very close to each other. It looks bad :( *OCD attack*

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
01-29-2010, 04:57 PM
Hi. So...what's going on?

[M] Elize
01-29-2010, 05:54 PM
Ok, I really have to sleep now, and as we do have to vote, I'm going to go with my original suspicion of Ramuh, as I still feel that comment you made, whether or not you worded it badly, seemed off.
The way you were almost adamant that Titan was the psych so you could throw blame on Shiva, also adds to it, but that could have been a mistake on your part if you overlooked Titan's initial response to Cactuar's claim.

Regardless, you seem slightly off in my eyes so I'm voting for you.
I may be on in time for the day to end, and if things have changed by then, obviously I'll rethink my vote, until then,

##Vote: Ramuh

[M] Gaius
01-29-2010, 05:59 PM
So some of the best information we have to go on right now is what happened at the end of the day where we had the 3 way tie. Here's how the tie broke out and who voted for who:

Bahamut (2): Shiva, Leviathan
Ifrit (2): Bahamut, Cactuar
Cactuar (2): Chocobo, Ifrit

The following people posted in 'Sudden Death' (in this order):

Bahamut - I'd like to ask Bahamut why he let the Sudden Death play out rather than save himself by switching his vote to Cactuar.
Carbuncle
Cactuar (why didn't you save yourself by voting for one of the others? :()
Chocobo
Shiva
Titan - broke the tie with his post.
Valefor - technically my post didn't get off until after the day ended but I'll count it anyway.

Now, I'd like to think that if a mafia was up for lynch in a three way tie on day one, another mafia would save their butt. And if Bahamut was mafia, why wouldn't he save his ass right away? It's possible there is some deeper strategy here but it is too early to get into that right now. In a few days we'll have more evidence to shed some light on this.

Based on that evidence I have to assume right now that Bahamut isn't mafia. And I never really thought Ifirit was mafia. So that would mean it was a three way tie between three townies. The mafia would know this, and would have no reason to break it.

Too many people didn't vote yesterday. We need more votes! The day is already halfway over and we have like 3 total votes. As for my vote, it stays on Leviathan, because I still don't like his reasoning behind voting Bahamut.

[M] Helo
01-29-2010, 06:06 PM
I find the fact that I could be lynched based on an off statement I made troubling. To put things into perspective, all evidence on me is based on misreadings and my discrepancy in comparison to the rest of the town. My game has been poor thus far and it very well could lead to me being lynched, but I am throwing caution to the wind at this point.

Honestly, ask me and I will answer you to the best of my ability. I'm going back and looking through the thread to see what I can pull out.

[M] Gaius
01-29-2010, 06:08 PM
Ramuh, you vote is currently on Anima. Can I ask why him rather than any of the other inactives? Odin for example hasn't even posted at all.

[M] Helo
01-29-2010, 06:11 PM
Odin promised activity, whereas I haven't heard a peep from Anima.

[M] Gaius
01-29-2010, 06:12 PM
I thought you were going back and looking through the thread, Ramuh. That took 5 minutes?

[M] Helo
01-29-2010, 06:13 PM
Multi-tasking my friend.

[M] Helo
01-29-2010, 06:21 PM
Okay. I haven't found any groundbreaking contradictions but I have found a more worthy cause to think over.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Doomtrain;2782295']Let's get this train rolling.

Hi Doomtrain

Doomtrain;2782298']YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, SHIH-VAH!

Aaw. :(

Doomtrain;2782615']I don't think Ifrit is mafia, weird roles are rarely scum.

Okay.

Doomtrain;2782843']
Shiva;2782627']##Vote: [M] Doomtrain

It's nothing personal, just something to do before reading everything I've missed, and sorry for being late to the party. :(
You evil biceth! >:O

:|

Doomtrain;2783765']Hi. So...what's going on?

:eep:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Possibly worthless, but I don't think so. Doomtrain has been active and his post times indicate that he has been online through a variety of periods, indicating that the chance of him being busy is less likely. Doomtrain has failed to make any contribution, instead opting to pop up every now and then to avoid suspicion. Doomtrain has had plenty of time to read through the thread, yet he hasn't even replied yet.

This time I don't think it's arguable. This doesn't mean OMG DOOMTRAIN IS MAFIA, but his occasional appearances of no substance are strange. What do you think of that?

[M] Gaius
01-29-2010, 06:27 PM
I think there may be something there. He certainly isn't helping, that's for sure.

But if he is mafia, just calling him out won't be enough. Votes speak louder than words in this game. I'm not telling you to vote for Doomtrain, but at least vote for somebody. Votes will get people talking and they are good evidence to use as the days go on and we get more information.

[M] Gaius
01-29-2010, 06:28 PM
Whoops, sorry, I forgot you vote was on Anima. Maybe I'll go through todays posts and do a vote tally.

[M] Helo
01-29-2010, 06:30 PM
I would love to vote for Doomtrain right now, but I worry it would seem like I'm just trying to be in with the town.

Well screw that. I compiled that list so I can do whatever I want.

##Unvote: Anima.
##Vote: Doomtrain.

I hope we can get replacements though.

[M] Helo
aha, never mind.

[M] Helo
my vote still sticks.

[M] Gaius
01-29-2010, 06:33 PM
Votecount

Leviathan (1) - Valefor
Anima (0) - <s>Ramuh</s>
Bahamut (1) - Phoenix
Ramuh (1) - Diablos
Doomtrain (1) - Ramuh

[M] Athena
01-29-2010, 06:42 PM
It does appear Doomtrain may not be contributing much, but appears to post only to appear not to be inactive. It seems that this could work to his advantage, but he seems to not contribute much to anything. Perhaps is it because he could really be scum and doing this on purpose to appear as a non-threatening townie? Who knows, so I'll put in my vote for him to give him reason to speak out.

<b>##Vote: Doomtrain</b>

[M] Athena
01-29-2010, 06:42 PM
That's too many appearances of appear in my post.

*appears to lift a part of the earth and smashes it to pieces*

[M] Helo
01-29-2010, 06:45 PM
I think the day should be extended because of the inactives imo.

[M] Gaius
01-29-2010, 06:48 PM
Oh dear lord no. This game is long enough as it is. It does suck to have inactives, but you get that in any game.

[M] Aaron
01-29-2010, 06:54 PM
Sorry that I wasn't active on day 1... I was a little busy and didn't get a chance to get on. :(

Anyways, Cactuar was being a total jerk to everyone, I totally would have voted him/her off... >:P

Doomtrain;2783765']Hi. So...what's going on?

##vote: Doomtrain

-_-

[M] Helo
01-29-2010, 07:09 PM
I like to think I caused Doomtrain's downfall. :mwahaha:

[M] Colette
01-29-2010, 07:30 PM
I'm going to vote for Anima. How does everyone feel about that? :greenie:

## Vote: Anima

[M] Aaron
01-29-2010, 07:41 PM
Bahamut;2783836']I'm going to vote for Anima. How does everyone feel about that? :greenie:

## Vote: Anima

But I didn't do anything. :(

[M] Helo
01-29-2010, 07:44 PM
That may be the issue.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
01-29-2010, 07:49 PM
Indeed activity was promised, so here it is.

Valefor;2783792']So some of the best information we have to go on right now is what happened at the end of the day where we had the 3 way tie. Here's how the tie broke out and who voted for who:

Bahamut (2): Shiva, Leviathan
Ifrit (2): Bahamut, Cactuar
Cactuar (2): Chocobo, Ifrit

The following people posted in 'Sudden Death' (in this order):

Bahamut - I'd like to ask Bahamut why he let the Sudden Death play out rather than save himself by switching his vote to Cactuar.
Carbuncle
Cactuar (why didn't you save yourself by voting for one of the others? )
Chocobo
Shiva
Titan - broke the tie with his post.
Valefor - technically my post didn't get off until after the day ended but I'll count it anyway.

Now, I'd like to think that if a mafia was up for lynch in a three way tie on day one, another mafia would save their butt. And if Bahamut was mafia, why wouldn't he save his ass right away? It's possible there is some deeper strategy here but it is too early to get into that right now. In a few days we'll have more evidence to shed some light on this.

Based on that evidence I have to assume right now that Bahamut isn't mafia. And I never really thought Ifirit was mafia. So that would mean it was a three way tie between three townies. The mafia would know this, and would have no reason to break it.

Too many people didn't vote yesterday. We need more votes! The day is already halfway over and we have like 3 total votes. As for my vote, it stays on Leviathan, because I still don't like his reasoning behind voting Bahamut.

For the most part I agree with you. Bahamut is not likely anti-town. However, 3 way tie between townies? Really? That is a very odd statement to make. I think it's fairly clear Bahamut wasn't mafia for not saving himself, but Ifirit's lack of posts means he may not have had a chance to otherwise. Yet you seem to state a rather certainty Ifirit isn't mafia, which is unsettling.

If he is Mafia that makes it look like a connection between you two. If not, how exactly were you so certain with basically no evidence to support you?

Also, you come out now saying Bahamut is town after all that time going after him? It's like you actively spread suspicion, and then cleared tried clearing yourself of being scum by dissolving it all with this post?

I'd say perhaps you just realized the thing about the votes, but that would be odd. Bahamut, whom you've constantly talked about, was one of the three in a tie, you would think the Votes would be a major factor, and you would have paid attention earlier? How could you have missed that one?

And just how sure you can be sure Ifrit is town is highly unsettling as well, regardless of his role.

##vote Valefor

[M] Helo
01-29-2010, 07:52 PM
Leviathan (1) - Valefor
Anima (0) - Ramuh
Bahamut (1) - Phoenix
Ramuh (1) - Diablos
Doomtrain (3) - Ramuh, Titan, Anima
Anima (1) - Bahamut
Valefor (1) - Odin

[M] Colette
01-29-2010, 08:21 PM
Hey Doomtrain, what do you have to say about having the majority of the votes cast so far? :eek:

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
01-29-2010, 08:37 PM
Odin;2783844']And just how sure you can be sure Ifrit is town is highly unsettling as well, regardless of his role.

If part of Ifrits role is to rhyme, he probably isn't mafia, as mafia normally wouldn't get such a thing.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
01-29-2010, 08:38 PM
I'm back guys, and I will first address all questions asked to me...

Valefor;2783555']I'm going through day 1 posts, and I came across this that I missed yesterday:

Chocobo;2782595']I don't have anyone to vote for, so I will vote for a random inactive, because I think a random gut feeling is better than voting for someone I find to be innocent.

Chocobo;2782716']Also, I'm going to stop this inactive attack before it really starts. It always turns into a witch hunt where people lynch random townies hoping to find a mafia, and then if there were mafia that were inactive, they start trying to contribute. It's too common, and it's too useless.
How dare you harp on me for harping on inactives when you yourself did the same thing!

Well, that vote was kinda like a placeholder. I actually didn't notice that I had done that, though. I'm sorry, I guess I'm just a hypocrite(and I HATE hypocrites:p)

Carbuncle;2783601']
Chocobo;2782646']Why do you think he is likely to be mafia? Why don't you think he has a special role? Remember Horny Gay Faith Healer? It's happened before, where there has been someone with restricted posting options. Now I'm not saying that he could know this as well and use it to try to clear himself, but I am saying, as I have said before, that he is most likely a townie with restricted posting.

Chocobo;2782646']##unvote: Valefor
##vote: Cactuar

You seem to be too against Ifrit

Chocobo;2782595']I really don't understand anything that's going on right now.

Ifrit appears to have an odd role where he is forced to talk in rhymes. I doubt this would be a mafia role, so I say he is town, because I don't think he would try to do something like this so he can be cleared as a townie, there would be easier ways of doing that.

Why is Chocobo so hellbent on defending Ifrit? This a questions I'm asking myself too because I find it weird.

I defended Ifrit because I don't believe him to be mafia, and I didn't see any reason that people were voting for him. It seemed to me like people were voting based solely on a possibility. If there had been evidence to back the possibility up, I may have, if I found the evidence to be good, voted for him instead of cactuar. As for me and Ifrit voting together, I don't know, maybe we just thought the same.

Ifrit;2783727']Hey guys do you know the time?
Of course you do, it's 20 past RHYME

There's just one thing that I'd like to know
And so I am about to ask someone: Chocobo
Yesterday at one point you voted Valefor
How do you feel now? Is he someone to ignore?

Hmm, I don't know. I still don't have a read on him. When I voted, as I just said above said, it was really just a place holder in case I couldn't think of another to vote. My vote was purely just looking at the list and picking a random name based on my super psychic abilities.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
01-29-2010, 08:43 PM
Siren;2783867']
Odin;2783844']And just how sure you can be sure Ifrit is town is highly unsettling as well, regardless of his role.

If part of Ifrits role is to rhyme, he probably isn't mafia, as mafia normally wouldn't get such a thing.

We can't take this as a fact. Although I agree that is probably the case, don't completely stop looking at Ifrit.

[M] Caprica
01-29-2010, 08:46 PM
Siren;2783867']

But we don't know that for absolute certain. It's possible that it's an invented role that's pro-mafia, just to throw us off. I'm not saying that Ifrit is most definitely mafia, I'm just saying that all things are possible and we need to remember that.

@Valefor: So is your vote for me simply because of my day 1 self-proclaimed lameness, or what? Have you even looked at my evidence?

I'm backing off of Bahamut due to the fact that he has just recently been replaced. But I'm asking that you all please keep my evidence in consideration.

[M] Aaron
01-29-2010, 08:50 PM
Actually,

##unvote: Doomtrain

because if he WERE mafia, then he would be more intent in the game. As for who I vote for, I'm still undecided...

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
01-29-2010, 08:51 PM
That's why I said if it's part of his role.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
01-29-2010, 08:52 PM
That was at Chocobo.

[M] Adama
01-29-2010, 08:52 PM

WTF that's ridiculous. I feel like punching Rydia just for this comment you put. So far I've learned a few things.

ChocoboxIfrit
RamuhxIfrit
DoomtrainxIfrit
Doomtrain doesn't want to draw attention to themselves. But why?
Ifrit wants the attention and is a total slut
Ifrit is probably not a vanilla role
The Cult is there probably
Bahamut vs. Ifrit has still been puzzling me
Everybody Hates Cactuar could be a show
Bahamut's "lets vote for people who are annoying" thing is still fishy
Inactivity doesn't always equal Mafia
Activity doesn't always equal Town

[M] Caprica
01-29-2010, 08:53 PM
Yeah but what I'm trying to say is, it's possible that it could also be a pro-mafia role that requires rhyming.

[M] Caprica
01-29-2010, 08:54 PM
errr ah, okay, sorry about that :exdee: thought you were still talking to me

[M] Colette
01-29-2010, 08:55 PM
Carbuncle, how did you learn Ifrit was a total slut? :shifty:

[M] Athena
01-29-2010, 08:56 PM
Anima;2783881']Actually,

because if he WERE mafia, then he would be more intent in the game. As for who I vote for, I'm still undecided...

Are you aware that mafia scum do usually work behind the scenes, so it's possible this is just a façade to fool us to ignore him.

[M] Caprica
01-29-2010, 08:56 PM
@Carby: Welcome to mafia 101. Those are essentially the basics of every game :cool:

[M] Caprica
01-29-2010, 08:58 PM
Titan;2783891']
Anima;2783881']Actually,

Are you aware that mafia scum do usually work behind the scenes, so it's possible this is just a façade to fool us to ignore him.
I'm with Titan on this one. Having been a victim of such foul play, I speak from experience. Also having played that way when I was mafia before but you don't need to know that :shifty: It's actually a pretty common mafia tactic.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
01-29-2010, 09:03 PM
Leviathan;2783887']Yeah but what I'm trying to say is, it's possible that it could also be a pro-mafia role that requires rhyming.

I was just saying that I don't think they did that.

[M] Adama
01-29-2010, 09:04 PM
Leviathan;2783892']@Carby: Welcome to mafia 101. Those are essentially the basics of every game :cool:
ChobocoxIfrit the basic of every game according to you. Noted.

[M] Caprica
01-29-2010, 09:13 PM
Why yes of course. There is always an obtuse Chocobo :( in every game as well as a rhyming Ifrit :D in every game. Always. You just usually can't see them. they're quite stealthy :|

@Siren: And I'm just saying you should probably be more open minded than that and be prepared for anything, because the mods set the rules, not us. You never really know mafia because the mods have the power to virtually do whatever they want.

[M] Adama
01-29-2010, 09:18 PM
In a Mafia game a long time ago, the Mafia Godfather would could in and go out. Hardly contributing to anything, but still making sure they atleast posted sometimes. Doomtrain is doing exactly that. The Godfather wanted to avoid saying something incriminating and did not want to draw attention to themselves.

Although Doomtrain is fishy I'd rather go after either Bahamut or Ifrit first because they are also fishy to me. This would also clear up some suspicions depending on what side they are on. decisions decisions

[M] Colette
01-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Then vote, Carbuncle. There's no point in not having a vote up at all times. :cool:

[M] Felix
01-29-2010, 09:23 PM
Chocobo;2783871']
Hmm, I don't know. I still don't have a read on him. When I voted, as I just said above said, it was really just a place holder in case I couldn't think of another to vote. My vote was purely just looking at the list and picking a random name based on my super psychic abilities.
okay thanks for that bro
now I feel guilty 'cause ##vote: Chocobo

There's a point to all of this stupid rhyming
You see, I get a reward for my expert timing
Every damn day I get a random power
And last night I got to be a cop for an hour

Guess who I investigated? That's right, Chocobo!
And she came up Guilty yo yo yo.
She seemed like she wanted to be the leader
So I checked her out, 'fore we come to need her

I doubt I'm naive, paranoid or insane
As I'm not a cop, and my powers just wane!
Sorry again chocobo.
but time for you to go.

[M] Caprica
01-29-2010, 09:24 PM
On one hand, I dont' want to vote for Bahamut just yet because he's just been replaced and that'd be kind of cruel to get rid of the replacement just like that if we all voted for him. On the other hand, I stand by all of my evidence and I personally think it's enough for me to vote for him. :|

[M] Caprica
01-29-2010, 09:28 PM
@Ifrit: Do you have a title for this role of yours?

[M] Colette
01-29-2010, 09:29 PM
Interesting, Ifrit. Chocobo, how do you plead?

Leviathan, if you want to vote for me, vote for me. Don't let outside influences... influence you. xD

[M] Aaron
01-29-2010, 09:29 PM
Fine!

##vote: Doomtrain

This is sooo hard! I'm under so much pressure.

[M] Felix
01-29-2010, 09:30 PM
Melodramatic Townie(that's me!)

[M] Gaius
01-29-2010, 09:30 PM
Odin;2783844']For the most part I agree with you. Bahamut is not likely anti-town. However, 3 way tie between townies? Really? That is a very odd statement to make. I think it's fairly clear Bahamut wasn't mafia for not saving himself, but Ifirit's lack of posts means he may not have had a chance to otherwise. Yet you seem to state a rather certainty Ifirit isn't mafia, which is unsettling.

If he is Mafia that makes it look like a connection between you two. If not, how exactly were you so certain with basically no evidence to support you?

Also, you come out now saying Bahamut is town after all that time going after him? It's like you actively spread suspicion, and then cleared tried clearing yourself of being scum by dissolving it all with this post?

I'd say perhaps you just realized the thing about the votes, but that would be odd. Bahamut, whom you've constantly talked about, was one of the three in a tie, you would think the Votes would be a major factor, and you would have paid attention earlier? How could you have missed that one?

And just how sure you can be sure Ifrit is town is highly unsettling as well, regardless of his role.

##vote Valefor
Thanks for agreeing with most of what I said and then voting for me you weirdo.

Some of your information is incorrect. I never 'went after' Bahamut, and most of the time I have stated that I do not think he is mafia (and I don't talk about him 'constantly'). You should go back and read stuff so you can be clear, or maybe you're just fishing for reasons to vote for me.

The only time I contemplated voting Bahamut was in the post I made after the day had ended (I was typing it up as people were posting so I didn't know day ended). I stated that I did not think any of the people up for it were mafia, with reasons, but I also thought that the most likely person to be mafia of the 3 was Bahamut. Of the 3. I'd rather take a chance and vote for someone based on my interpretations than wait for a mafia to come in and vote someone who they know is a town.

Everything was happening fast and it didn't occur to me that Bahamut would have saved himself right when sudden death occured, so take that for what you will when you read that post.

I never said I was sure Ifrit isn't mafia, but I don't think he is at this time, and I've stated my reasons. If you don't want to go back and read my posts (I don't think you have anyway so why would you now), the reason is simple:

Who ever draws the most attention to themselves on day one will get the votes on day 1. This happens <i>every single time</i>.

Ifrit started posting in rhyme so people voted him.

Bahamut made a bunch of posts going after Ifrit for posting in rhyme so people voted him.

Cactuar made a role claim out of no where so people voted her.

See the pattern? That's why I don't think they are mafia, because the mafia wouldn't be stupid enough to do those things. I'm not saying the other two aren't mafia, but if they are, we'd find out eventually. Do you really think a guy who posts in rhyme would be able to last until the end of the game? And hell, that fool is entertaining. Why not keep him around? :D

[M] Felix
01-29-2010, 09:32 PM
Those are meant to be on seperate lines, hosts!
Please believe me, I won't edit my posts.

[M] Helo
01-29-2010, 09:33 PM
Wow. The thing about that fattie chocobo that was most incriminating was the fact that he defended Ifrit, but after this my mind is boggled. It could be a genius plot to clear Ifrit by outing his fellow mafia member ... possibly even a Mafia Usurper situation. I'm sticking with my vote on Doomtrain for a while to give Chocobo some time to respond.

[M] Felix
01-29-2010, 09:35 PM
Oh ho Ramuh, that's an interesting slip
It seems you know how Chocobo's gonna flip :greenie:

[M] Gaius
01-29-2010, 09:36 PM
Ifrit's claim sounds plausible, and I have been suspicious of Chocobo when he went after me as an inactive and then told me to stop going after inactives.

Cactuar the confirmed town also suspected Chocobo.

<b>##Unvote: Leviathan
##Vote: Chocobo</b>

[M] Gaius
01-29-2010, 09:38 PM
Ifrit;2783915']Oh ho Ramuh, that's an interesting slip
I agree. Also check out Anima quickly voting Doomtrain once you out Chocobo, completely ignoring the other stuff going on.

[M] Colette
01-29-2010, 09:39 PM
Yep, I don't get the Anima jumping to Doomtrain thing, either.

Who hasn't voted yet? :mad2:

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
01-29-2010, 09:41 PM
Leviathan;2783897']@Siren: And I'm just saying you should probably be more open minded than that and be prepared for anything, because the mods set the rules, not us. You never really know mafia because the mods have the power to virtually do whatever they want.

I'm not claiming I know. I do agree that Ifrit might be mafia. Besides, we don't even know for sure that his role does require rhyming.

[M] Gaius
01-29-2010, 09:43 PM
Well Siren, we don't know anything for sure, except that Cactuar was a Cheater and Alexander was Vanilla. You have to weigh all the evidence and make your own judgements. That's how the game is played!

What are your instincts telling you?

[M] Helo
01-29-2010, 09:44 PM
Ifrit;2783915']Oh ho Ramuh, that's an interesting slip

Elaborate.

[M] Adama
01-29-2010, 09:45 PM
Melodramatic townie or cop, this still doesn't explain your rhymes, Ifrit.

[M] Caprica
01-29-2010, 09:49 PM
me :( I don't know who to vote for.

Ifrit, I find your roleclaim to be quite plausible. But I think I'll stick with my vote for Bahamut because of my evidence.

##Vote: Bahamut

[M] Felix
01-29-2010, 09:50 PM
It could be a genius plot to clear Ifrit by outing his fellow mafia member ... possibly even a Mafia Usurper situation. Suppose you're right, and let's say I'm bad
Why would you post this now, that's pretty mad
You don't try to dispute my claim, or give it much thought
Instead you go right into the fallout, like an ugly wart!

We don't know what Chocobo will be
Maybe he's cult! Or a serial killer, tee-hee!
You seem certain that mafia's his role
I'm not, and I want him to pay the toll.

[M] Caprica
01-29-2010, 09:50 PM
@Siren: I made it perfectly clear that I wasn't calling Ifrit out as mafia. I was trying to tell you to keep an open mind about things just in case.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
01-29-2010, 09:51 PM
I don't know how you got a guilty reading from me... I don't know how I can prove myself, but I assure you, I am town. I do have a power role as well. Would you like me to roleclaim?

Hmm, maybe there is a Framer. If you had enough thought to investigate me, maybe a Framer had enough thought to frame me?

[M] Caprica
@Ifrit: You messed up your rhyming :|

[M] Gaius
Bahamut, you were after Ifrit for most of day 1. What do you think of his current claim?

[M] Gaius
01-29-2010, 09:52 PM
Is Framer a mafia role? I don't think we've had that one.

[M] Helo
01-29-2010, 09:54 PM
Ifrit;2783928']
It could be a genius plot to clear Ifrit by outing his fellow mafia member ... possibly even a Mafia Usurper situation. Suppose you're right, and let's say I'm bad
Why would you post this now, that's pretty mad

We don't know what Chocobo will be
Maybe he's cult! Or a serial killer, tee-hee!
You seem certain that mafia's his role
I'm not, and I want him to pay the toll.

A Cult member usually appears innocent upon investigation. Yes he could be a serial killer, but the chances of that are lower than the ones of him being mafia.

[M] Helo
01-29-2010, 09:55 PM
Valefor;2783933']Is Framer a mafia role? I don't think we've had that one.

Yes. A framer can make someone appear guilty upon investigation, and tends to be mafia-aligned.

[M] Caprica
@Chocobo: *Facepalm*

Announcing that you're a pro-town power role is never a good idea. Now you'll probably be a marfia target :(

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
Valefor;2783933']Is Framer a mafia role? I don't think we've had that one.

We have in a game where I was mafia, I think.

[M] Caprica
01-29-2010, 09:56 PM
**mafia.

my bad :exdee:

[M] Gaius
01-29-2010, 09:57 PM
Votecount

Leviathan (0) - <s>Valefor</s>
Anima (1) - <s>Ramuh</s>, Bahamut
Bahamut (2) - Phoenix, Leviathan
Ramuh (1) - Diablos
Doomtrain (3) - Ramuh, Titan, <s>Anima</s>, Anima
Valefor (1) - Odin
Chocobo (2) - Ifrit, Valefor

[M] Mom – Host
01-29-2010, 09:58 PM
Game was reopened at about 11PM EST. It is now about 5PM EST. ~6 hours left in the day. As you were then! :jess:

[M] Felix
01-29-2010, 09:59 PM
Chocobo;2783930']I don't know how you got a guilty reading from me... I don't know how I can prove myself, but I assure you, I am town. I do have a power role as well. Would you like me to roleclaim?

Hmm, maybe there is a Framer. If you had enough thought to investigate me, maybe a Framer had enough thought to frame me?Honestly, you can claim if you think it would be good
But I'm set on this course of action, understood?

I can't say for certain that a Framer's not in play
But the odds are poor, that's what I will say.

Leviathan;2783931']@Ifrit: You messed up your rhyming :|What the hell! I most certainly did not
My rhyming kicks ass, and your mom's hot.
A Cult member usually appears innocent upon investigation. Yes he could be a serial killer, but the chances of that are lower than the ones of him being mafia. A member might, but the head guy?
I think he'd be guilty, but maybe I'm just high.

[M] Gaius
01-29-2010, 10:00 PM
Not voting: Carbuncle, Chocobo, Siren, Shiva, Doomtrain

[M] Helo
01-29-2010, 10:01 PM
I think you're just high ... I think.

[M] Adama
01-29-2010, 10:03 PM
I am going to vote, but not just yet. There are still some questions I want to ask. Anima, why did you place your vote for Doomtrain?

[M] Caprica
01-29-2010, 10:09 PM
Ifrit;2783928']

[M] Caprica
01-29-2010, 10:09 PM
do thought and wart rhyme? I don't think so but I could be wrong xD

[M] Felix
01-29-2010, 10:10 PM
Those two words sound exactly the same!
Maybe different accents are to blame?

[M] Caprica
01-29-2010, 10:11 PM
Possible. :p

[M] Felix
01-29-2010, 10:13 PM
After this game is finished and won
I'll make a recording just for you, hon! ;)

[M] Caprica
01-29-2010, 10:15 PM
That's kinky~ :jokey::jokey:

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
01-29-2010, 10:17 PM
Well, I guess I'll claim...

I am an Overeager Vigilante

I kill every night, I can't choose not to kill. Night 1 I killed mostly off of intuition, admittedly not a great idea, but I wasn't really sure on anyone else.

The person I chose was Shiva. The reasons I killed Shiva was that she seemed to be saying nothing while also posting just enough to stay out of peoples minds, but not be considered inactive, and the intuition that I said. I don't know why it didn't go through, I could have been roleblocked, she could have been protected.

[M] Caprica
01-29-2010, 10:19 PM
Can godfathers be killed via nighttime vigilante shots?

[M] Caprica
01-29-2010, 10:19 PM
for the record, I'm not establishing Shiva as the godfather just yet. Merely conducting an "investigation" for this unique occurrence.

[M] Felix
01-29-2010, 10:22 PM
Why did you color the text for that yellow?
Is that's how it was in the Role PM, good fellow?
Orange is the usual color of the vig
So forgive me for asking, I feel like a fig!

[M] Caprica
01-29-2010, 10:25 PM
there's one of these in every game :greenie:

While the role color really isn't that big of a deal...Ifrit's right in that vigilantes tend to be orange. Doctors tend to be yellow, I believe.

[M] Caprica
Or was it white? Meh, I dunno. Largely insignificant like I said :exdee:

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
Well, I had deleted my role pm, so I forgot it, but I thought it was Yellow? What's yellow then?

[M] Gaius
01-29-2010, 10:26 PM
I doubt Shiva was protected unless she is the doctor herself.

There could be a lot of weird stuff going on here.

[M] Caprica
01-29-2010, 10:27 PM
Are we sure this isn't Del's mindsmurf setup? :|

[M] Gaius
01-29-2010, 10:29 PM
Del Murder signed up for the game.

[M] Caprica
01-29-2010, 10:30 PM
Oh, right. I was just being silly anyway :p

[M] Felix
01-29-2010, 10:31 PM
Carbuncle;2783925']Melodramatic townie or cop, this still doesn't explain your rhymes, Ifrit.
Sorry, I missed this, please don't be mad!
In order to get a power, there's rhyming to be had.
It's what I've been told I have to do every day
Else at night I'll have no action to play.

[M] Gaius
01-29-2010, 10:32 PM
So right now if we believe both Ifrit and Chocobo we need to explain the following things:

Why did Chocobo come up guilty?
Why wasn't Shiva killed?

Obviously to believe them both is asking a lot already. :p

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
01-29-2010, 10:33 PM
Leviathan;2783967']Doctors tend to be yellow, I believe.

Ah, you're right. So it is Orange, I guess I just forgot.

[M] Gaius
01-29-2010, 10:35 PM
Hmm, seems like something you wouldn't forget so easily, though I'd hate for this to be about color!

[M] Caprica
01-29-2010, 10:36 PM
Well, if Ifrit's right and he got the power of cop, how do we know he wasn't made to be insane/paranoid? But at the same time, while the color is insignificant, how do we know Chocobo is telling the truth about the deletion of the PM? And well, Shiva hasn't even popped in to say a word about the fact that she was supposedly targeted and didn't die.

So many unanswered questions!

[M] Caprica
01-29-2010, 10:37 PM
Chocobo, who do you plan to target tonight, and why?

Shiva, what do you have to say about Chocobo's claim?

[M] Caprica
01-29-2010, 10:38 PM
:holmes:

[M] Apollo
01-29-2010, 10:39 PM
Huh, I'm targeted by a Vigilante and we end up with one death, which is not me? Because if you killed me, who killed [M] Alexander? We should be seeing two deaths unless a doctor protected someone else too? [M] Chocobo your claim's pretty shaky. :(

[M] Gaius
01-29-2010, 10:39 PM
Hey Choc, why would you delete your role pm in the first place?

[M] Apollo
01-29-2010, 10:40 PM
I had a good lunch and watched TV. :(

[M] Gaius
01-29-2010, 10:40 PM
Shiva;2783988']Huh, I'm targeted by a Vigilante and we end up with one death, which is not me? Because if you killed me, who killed [M] Alexander? We should be seeing two deaths unless a doctor protected someone else too? [M] Chocobo your claim's pretty shaky. :(
You do know we're playing mafia right? So there's this group, called the mafia, who kills people at night...

[M] Caprica
01-29-2010, 10:41 PM
Shiva;2783988']Huh, I'm targeted by a Vigilante and we end up with one death, which is not me? Because if you killed me, who killed [M] Alexander? We should be seeing two deaths unless a doctor protected someone else too? [M] Chocobo your claim's pretty shaky. :(
Do you know something we don't? Why should there be two kills?

[M] Caprica
01-29-2010, 10:42 PM
And why didn't you die :colbert:

[M] Apollo
01-29-2010, 10:42 PM
Mafia and Vigilante, where's your math coming from?

[M] Caprica
01-29-2010, 10:43 PM
Oh, I see. You're saying you think the doctor protected you. But that doesn't make much sense because unless I'm remembering wrong, you weren't really a big deal day 1. *reads back just in case*

[M] Caprica
01-29-2010, 10:44 PM
My math is coming from my arse, quite clearly :p

[M] Gaius
01-29-2010, 10:45 PM
Shiva, how do you explain why you didn't die?

[M] Apollo
01-29-2010, 10:47 PM
I'd love to throw in a roleclaim now, but it's a little early in the day for this.

[M] Athena
01-29-2010, 10:47 PM
Wow, a lot turned up. Seems that things are becoming pretty interesting.

[M] Adama
01-29-2010, 10:50 PM
Chocobo;2783959']Well, I guess I'll claim...

I am an Overeager Vigilante

I kill every night, I can't choose not to kill. Night 1 I killed mostly off of intuition, admittedly not a great idea, but I wasn't really sure on anyone else.

The person I chose was Shiva. The reasons I killed Shiva was that she seemed to be saying nothing while also posting just enough to stay out of peoples minds, but not be considered inactive, and the intuition that I said. I don't know why it didn't go through, I could have been roleblocked, she could have been protected.

I don't buy this. You voted for Valefor and Cactuar because you found them the most suspicious so it would have made sense for you to go after Valefor. This is the first time you said you thought Shiva was fishy in this thread. I'm going to check over this thread again to make sure of that.

##Vote: Chocobo

If Chocobo comes up guilty as Ifrit claims he is, that doesn't mean Ifrit should be off the hook. Ifrit could be trying to cover their behind as someone said.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
01-29-2010, 10:51 PM
Well, I deleted all of my pms except my Night 1 action(I had a small conversation with Rydia), and my Role PM was in those I deleted.

I don't know why Shiva didn't die, but I did choose to kill her.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
01-29-2010, 11:01 PM
Carbuncle, I was never really suspicious of Valefor. I have already said this. It was just a pure guess/placeholder.

I was thinking of killing Bahamut, but then I wasn't really sure about him. He did seem suspicious, but not really like a mafia member. I looked over the thread in the night to see if I could find anyone, and I settled on Shiva, because I really wasn't too sure.

[M] Gaius
01-29-2010, 11:02 PM
Chocobo, assuming your vote won't be needed to save your ass, who would you vote for?

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
01-29-2010, 11:07 PM
Valefor;2784008']Chocobo, assuming your vote won't be needed to save your ass, who would you vote for?

I'm not sure. To contradict what I had just said, it may be Bahamut. I probably won't vote for Shiva, however.

[M] Helo
01-29-2010, 11:09 PM
I call BS. Doomtrain lives another day.

##Unvote: Doomtrain
##Vote: Chocobo.

[M] Gaius
01-29-2010, 11:10 PM
Why not? If you were suspicious of her enough to kill her before, what changed?

[M] Helo
01-29-2010, 11:11 PM
Also you have to think about this psychiatrist. A Vigiliante and a serial Killer is too much, and the presence of a cult, vigilante and Mafia is also overbearing for a medium sized game.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
01-29-2010, 11:12 PM
Sorry, my mom and dad have been on all day long. Can I get a rundown of events? I'm too lazy to look through the thread. >.<

[M] Gaius
01-29-2010, 11:13 PM
I'll give you that. Overeager Vig seems like a role for a 20+ person game. Then again, this game was designed to have that many people but not enough showed up.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
01-29-2010, 11:13 PM
Well, I didn't want to say this, but I think she is the doctor, because most doctors protect themselves night 1, and the kill didn't go through.

I didn't want to say that, but I know that if I said "I don't want to say", I'd be speed lynched, or something.

[M] Athena
01-29-2010, 11:14 PM
I thought we were talking a psychologist earlier.

[M] Helo
01-29-2010, 11:15 PM
Doomtrain;2784016']Sorry, my mom and dad have been on all day long. Can I get a rundown of events? I'm too lazy to look through the thread. >.<

Well.

The day begins with Titan saying that he is not 100% the psychiatrist, which is followed by some friction between me and a few players. After being backed into a bit of a corner, I compile some evidence against you and you receive three votes. It looks like you're favorite to be lynched, but Ifrit claims he investigated Chocobo and Chocobo is guilty. Chocobo claims he is an overeager vigilante.

Basically a variety of reasons has lead to disbelief over Chocobo's roleclaim and he is on the highway to the gallows.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
01-29-2010, 11:15 PM
Doomtrain;2784016']Sorry, my mom and dad have been on all day long. Can I get a rundown of events? I'm too lazy to look through the thread. >.<

Useless stuff went on, Ifrit investigated me last night and got guilty, people are voting for me now, I'm trying to explain(even though I'm not fully sure myself) how it all happened.

[M] Helo
01-29-2010, 11:17 PM
Valefor;2784017']I'll give you that. Overeager Vig seems like a role for a 20+ person game. Then again, this game was designed to have that many people but not enough showed up.

The roles would have been altered as such if that was the case. I have hosted games before and you simply have to even it out according to the numbers. It makes all the difference.

[M] Athena
01-29-2010, 11:20 PM
Ramuh, why are you saying psychiatrist instead of psychologist? Haven't the Cheater specifically said Psychologist?

[M] Helo
01-29-2010, 11:21 PM
Typing error is all.

[M] Apollo
01-29-2010, 11:23 PM
Why is [M] Titan so certain of his role?

[M] Gaius
01-29-2010, 11:24 PM
Votecount

Leviathan (0) - <s>Valefor</s>
Anima (1) - <s>Ramuh</s>, Bahamut
Bahamut (2) - Phoenix, Leviathan
Ramuh (1) - Diablos
Doomtrain (2) - <s>Ramuh</s>, Titan, <s>Anima</s>, Anima
Valefor (1) - Odin
Chocobo (4) - Ifrit, Valefor, Carbuncle, Ramuh

Not voting: Chocobo, Siren, Shiva, Doomtrain

Please let me know if you see a correction.

[M] Adama
01-29-2010, 11:24 PM
Titan;2784019']I thought we were talking a psychologist earlier.
You mean that thing you are? :p

[M] Felix
01-29-2010, 11:28 PM
Come on you lazy bums, go ahead and vote!
Vote for me if you want! Or even a goat!

(Are there any goat summons in the game?
If not, then that is pretty lame)

[M] Gaius
01-29-2010, 11:28 PM
Something doesn't sit right with this, but I can't figure out what it is. Where is tidusluvr when you need him.

[M] Gaius
01-29-2010, 11:29 PM
Shoat the goat?

[M] Felix
01-29-2010, 11:31 PM
I wish Shoat was here because then
I could rhyme it with "vote", again and again!

[M] Caprica
01-29-2010, 11:31 PM
I'm so confused right now. It looks like i'm not the only one either.

[M] Caprica
01-29-2010, 11:35 PM
Okay, In order to fully comprehend this, I'm gonna have to write it all down. I'll get back to you all when I can :eep:

[M] Caprica
01-29-2010, 11:51 PM
Okay this post WAS confusing me but now I get what Shiva's trying to say here, and I think she has a good point.

##Unvote: Bahamut

##Vote: Chocobo

[M] Caprica
01-29-2010, 11:55 PM
Shiva's point: If Chocobo tried to kill her, why isn't she dead?

Chocobo said it himself when he said doctors tend to protect themselves night one. Sounds to me like Shiva doesn't understand why she didn't die if she was supposedly targeted. Thus, we can conclude that unless she really IS the doctor and is trying really hard to keep it undercover, Chocobo is lying.

[M] Helo
01-30-2010, 12:00 AM
I think Chocobo has hit the point of no return. :(

[M] Helo
01-30-2010, 12:05 AM
Also, once again Doomtrain pops up to ask what's going on before disappearing again. Got my eye on that sucka'.

[M] Felix
01-30-2010, 12:05 AM
For that we would need more votes; three.
And let's not do that, time is mon-eeee!

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
01-30-2010, 12:06 AM
Alright, I give. You all win. I'm actually the Serial Killer. I did actually target Shiva last night, however, and that's why I chose to say I was a vig, so I could say that and hopefully Shiva would be all "Oh yeah, I actually protected myself", and people would be all "Oh, that means he's confirmed townie, even though he was guilty"

This is bull...

[M] Caprica
01-30-2010, 12:08 AM
You're just too obtuse for this game :(

[M] Helo
01-30-2010, 12:08 AM
A Mafia and a serial killer would be too much I think for only 15 players. Looks like we're dealing with a cult. It's been fun Chocobo. :cool:

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
01-30-2010, 12:09 AM
Then explain Alexander dying

[M] Adama
01-30-2010, 12:09 AM
Shiva could be alive because she was protected by a doctor or roleblocker as someone said. She could be that doctor or roleblocker. I don't think we should throw out all possibilities.

[M] Caprica
01-30-2010, 12:10 AM
If there's a cop, perhaps they should investigate her? Just in case :D

[M] Adama
01-30-2010, 12:10 AM
Nevermind. Nice try Chocobo!

[M] Felix
01-30-2010, 12:11 AM
Sorry chocobo, I feel your pain
You can't help it, you're real insane
But you can do one last job!
Care to help us find the mob?

Place a vote on who you think is bad
And that will make me really glad!

[M] Helo
Chocobo;2784053']Then explain Alexander dying

Target switching roles maybe? I just got a strong feeling about a cult. :/

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
Leviathan;2784055']If there's a cop, perhaps they should investigate her? Just in case :D

No, do not out the cop.

[M] Caprica
01-30-2010, 12:14 AM
I'm not saying the cop should out themselves. Just suggesting that they investigate Shiva to see what she flips.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
01-30-2010, 12:17 AM
Well Ifrit, if Shiva is not a doctor and there is not a cult, I would say she is pretty suspicious. Not for what happened at night, but for the reasons I tryed to kill her. I was actually trying to find mafia as a serial killer, not just look for random kills.

[M] Apollo
01-30-2010, 12:22 AM
I would much rather the cop investigate [M] Ramuh 'cause he was, what, number four for [M] Chocobo before he outed himself, which really set the fatty up for Likeliest to be Lynched, and sure enough [M] Leviathan voted for chubster and our Serial Killer confessed. Maybe it's a lot to ask for, aiming a cop away from me, but odds say there's a mafia member in those first four votes for [M] Chocobo. :) Oh, and we totally gotta swing the fatty, right? I'll withhold my vote for now just so this ain't a railroading.

[M] Helo
01-30-2010, 12:22 AM
I'd be perfectly happy for a cop to investigate me.

[M] Apollo
01-30-2010, 12:24 AM
By the by, as long as we know who the Serial Killer is, is it worth keeping them around if they go off really suspicious suspects? Just an idea I've got, not something I'm actually trying to sell, just how viable is this? [M] Chocobo cannot win unless he is in the last standings, so can we not use him for a short while, or is that going to help the mafia?

[M] Adama
01-30-2010, 12:27 AM
Shiva doesn't want to be investigated so she says go for [M] Ramuh instead. VERY FISHY

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
01-30-2010, 12:28 AM
Shiva;2784068']By the by, as long as we know who the Serial Killer is, is it worth keeping them around if they go off really suspicious suspects? Just an idea I've got, not something I'm actually trying to sell, just how viable is this? [M] Chocobo cannot win unless he is in the last standings, so can we not use him for a short while, or is that going to help the mafia?

I'm not gonna let you use me, because I know I wouldn't win. I would kill myself. It's better to just kill me now.

[M] Gaius
01-30-2010, 12:29 AM
No, we should not keep the SK around! We have to vote off someone, we have a prime scum subject, so we should vote them off. Otherwise who would we vote off, Shiva?

[M] Caprica
01-30-2010, 12:31 AM
We don't even know for certain that Chocobo is the serial killer just yet. I'm not so sure I believe it yet, anyhow. What I don't get is how you didn't die if he targeted you, unless the doctor really did forgo the usual "protect myself night 1 just in case" and protected you. And then of course there's the idea of a roleblocker. But why would they block Chocobo?

[M] Caprica
01-30-2010, 12:32 AM
and why would you be protected?

Godfathers are immune to night kills, and they also appear innocent upon investigation.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
01-30-2010, 12:34 AM
Godfathers are not always immune.

[M] Helo
01-30-2010, 12:35 AM
Carbuncle;2784069']Shiva doesn't want to be investigated so she says go for [M] Ramuh instead. VERY FISHY

Exactly what I was thinking.

[M] Apollo
01-30-2010, 12:47 AM
Go ahead and investigate, whatever. And I'd really hate to waste the time to lynch [M] Chocobo is all, if he would just do us the favor of killing himself, but I do not really have a better suggestion than a fact. Hard to dispute that. :(

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
01-30-2010, 12:52 AM
If I stay alive tonight, I will kill.

[M] Gaius
01-30-2010, 12:56 AM
Shiva, who do you suspect, besides Chocobo (whose feathers are already cooked it seems)? You haven't voted or really done much.

[M] Apollo
01-30-2010, 01:05 AM
I suspect everyone, of course. :p Well, maybe not [M] Titan if he is supposed to be the Psychologist. ...Aren't Psychologists supposed to fix Serial Killers?

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
01-30-2010, 01:08 AM
No. Psychologists will either be a cop that gets a sane/insane reading on the person they choose, or maybe finds Cult Members.

[M] Colette
01-30-2010, 01:24 AM
Valefor;2783932']Bahamut, you were after Ifrit for most of day 1. What do you think of his current claim?

As for being after him on Day 1, that was someone else playing this account. It's impossible to know for sure what another person is thinking so I can't account for "my" actions on Day 1.

There's a name for the role that gets a "random" action per night but I don't remember what it is. I'm pretty sure it's in the flash thing but I'm not entirely sure. Schizo, maybe? But I think that one doesn't know what it's going to do to the target. I'll look through after I post. Personally, I think Ifrit is the role he claims.

[M] Gaius
01-30-2010, 01:26 AM
Fair enough, Rydia did say you were replaced so we can't really question your Day 1 actions anymore.

[M] Apollo
01-30-2010, 01:28 AM
Chocobo;2784086']If I stay alive tonight, I will kill.I really do like the idea of being nice and safe by lynching you, but what benefits the town at this point also benefits the mafia. And we're down two townies already, and while we're busy stringing up [M] Chocobo, we're also removing a gun which might end up pointed at a mafia. He might kill a townie tonight if he lives, yeah, but he also might get a mafia. Earlier, he promised to kill himself rather than be used, but then later says he will kill again tonight if left alive. Sounds like a killer to me and that's useful (but risky).

Anyways, [M] Ifrit, [M] Carbuncle, [M] Valefor, and [M] Ramuh were the first four to vote for [M] Chocobo before [M] Leviathan crushed him and he 'fessed up. At least one of them is scum, I'm willing to commit to that. Specifically, I can't say. Those are my only worthwhile suspicions. The [M] Bahamut and [M] Ifrit confrontation would have been nice to solve, but theories surrounding it seem reasonable enough, especially with the Sudden Death match.

As for me, I can't defend myself without someone roleclaiming and I'm not willing to go there yet. Investigate me if you want, copper, but I'm a fan of you not revealing yourself. Did a doctor protect me last night? What is my own role? I don't find any of this useful without riling up mobsters.

[M] Apollo
01-30-2010, 01:33 AM
[M] Valefor, that is by far your worst post yet. :( [M] Bahamut's goal is still the same, no matter who plays him. While you can't question #2 about what #1 was thinking, you can look at both #2's and #1's actions and see what two people might've been trying to keep.

[M] Gaius
01-30-2010, 01:35 AM
That's an interesting theory if Choc does in fact turn out to be the SK. Mafia would be happy to vote for him as it would help their cause while appearing to be town aligned.

[M] Colette
01-30-2010, 01:38 AM
Looking through the flash, Ifrit's role isn't spelled out exactly but there are multiple roles that allow different night actions on different nights.

Ifrit, do you have control over what action you take during the night?

[M] Apollo
01-30-2010, 01:39 AM
Ah, but I wasn't thinking that at all. :p Scum like to gang up on someone not their own when they can, right? And if it's before the Serial Killer revelation, of course the only motivation is a death. Anyone after that might just do it to be good and safe, so they're less suspicious.

Time to look at [M] Cactuar's votes and see who matches up. :)

[M] Gaius
01-30-2010, 01:39 AM
Shiva;2784103'][M] Valefor, that is by far your worst post yet. :( [M] Bahamut's goal is still the same, no matter who plays him. While you can't question #2 about what #1 was thinking, you can look at both #2's and #1's actions and see what two people might've been trying to keep.
What I mean is, we can't ask him why he said specific things or why he went after Ifrit. Obviously the character's goal doesn't change.

[M] Apollo
01-30-2010, 01:40 AM
In response to [M] Valefor, oops, I type slowly. :(

[M] Colette
01-30-2010, 01:41 AM
Valefor;2784104']That's an interesting theory if Choc does in fact turn out to be the SK. Mafia would be happy to vote for him as it would help their cause while appearing to be town aligned.

On that note, a group of people lynching a Serial Killer doesn't help separate Town from Mafia. It does, however, eliminate a Town threat which should be the Town's main objective, in my opinion. Claiming that you're not in league with the Town is a surefire deathwish. Therefore, Chocobo should die sooner than later.

[M] Gaius
01-30-2010, 01:43 AM
Shiva;2784107']Ah, but I wasn't thinking that at all. :p Scum like to gang up on someone not their own when they can, right? And if it's before the Serial Killer revelation, of course the only motivation is a death. Anyone after that might just do it to be good and safe, so they're less suspicious.

Time to look at [M] Cactuar's votes and see who matches up. :)
It would be foolish for mafia to gang up on someone this early in the game. It would stick out when we look at vote histories on later days.

[M] Felix
01-30-2010, 01:44 AM
Bahamut;2784106']Looking through the flash, Ifrit's role isn't spelled out exactly but there are multiple roles that allow different night actions on different nights.

Ifrit, do you have control over what action you take during the night?
I receive a PM that says "Tonight you are a (FISH)"
And then I can choose who will sample my dish.

Also, my role will not be on that site.
Just like the Cheater, who was killed last night.

[M] Apollo
01-30-2010, 01:49 AM
Valefor;2784113']It would be foolish for mafia to gang up on someone this early in the game. It would stick out when we look at vote histories on later days.You're probably right, especially for the first day, because if two if not all three were town, then there would have been little point in being choosy. ...But hanging [M] Cactuar out of all of them is unlucky, since we were all looking for a showdown between the others.

[M] Felix
01-30-2010, 01:50 AM
Rydia, am I right? Is there 15 mins 'til doom?
We'll find out then if there's a killer in the room!

[M] Gaius
01-30-2010, 01:53 AM
Is it just me, or does Shiva's post just not make any sense sometimes?

[M] Colette
01-30-2010, 01:53 AM
I think we still have 2 hours, Ifrit. 11 PM EST should be the deadline.

[M] Colette
01-30-2010, 02:04 AM
Rydia;2783940']Game was reopened at about 11PM EST. It is now about 5PM EST. ~6 hours left in the day. As you were then! :jess:

So, who else has something interesting to say? And who's going to cower in the shadows like the fiends they are? :redface:

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
01-30-2010, 02:08 AM
Bahamut;2784125']
Rydia;2783940']Game was reopened at about 11PM EST. It is now about 5PM EST. ~6 hours left in the day. As you were then! :jess:

So, who else has something interesting to say? And who's going to cower in the shadows like the fiends they are? :redface:

*cowers*

[M] Colette
01-30-2010, 02:10 AM
You already said you were scum! You don't count.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
01-30-2010, 02:15 AM
Bahamut;2784127']You already said you were scum! You don't count.

*daykills you*

Yeah, I can do that because I pwn.

*Can't actually do that*

[M] Apollo
01-30-2010, 02:18 AM
Ugh, looking at my options for other possible lynchees, I've got [M] Bahamut and [M] Doomtrain with 2 votes against them each, and I need to get 3 more votes on either of them if I want to a chance at keeping the Serial Killer alive. Is either one of these acceptable replacements for you, [M] Chocobo?

I'm personally willing to give the dragon and fire demon duel another try, and not terribly upset about giving up someone who is mostly inactive and asks for updates only.

[M] Colette
01-30-2010, 02:21 AM
Shiva, I don't understand your reasoning for keeping a Serial Killer alive. Can you explain how that would be beneficial to the town, please?

[M] Apollo
01-30-2010, 02:28 AM
He'll kill people, possibly mafia. :p

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
01-30-2010, 02:29 AM
##vote: Chocobo

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
01-30-2010, 02:38 AM
Shiva;2784133']He'll kill people, possibly mafia. :p

But probably not.