PDA

View Full Version : Mafia XIV Game Thread - GAME OVER - Cult Win! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

[M] Adama
01-31-2010, 12:40 AM
And now for a break brought to you by Siren and Carbuncle.

http://991.com/newgallery/Simon--Garfunkel-Parsley-Sage-Rose-240756.jpg

[M] Helo
01-31-2010, 12:43 AM
Basically, I ave about 15 minutes left and I have to pin a vote down. I'm not convinced yet, but I'm going to revert back to my thoughts from the beginning of the day. Sorry.

##Unvote: Titan
##Vote: Shiva

[M] Apollo
01-31-2010, 12:44 AM
Ramuh;2784326']Ifrit is almost confirmed town. I know these were the statements of the previous Bahamut player, but nonetheless he basically said "If Ifrit is town, lynch me."I agree with these sentiments yet and have been a big fan of lynching one of them and turning on the other should we have done the first one wrong. Feeling more uneasy as the game progresses though, since we're getting low on townies. :(

Ramuh;2784327']Of course, it begs the question. Why did the previous Bahamut attack ifrit so much? Ifrit was not the most suspicious player one day one, yet Bahamut was dead set on lynching him. A Mafia would be scared of Ifrit because of his role being town-aligned. (most likely)

Also I doubt a doctor would protect a death miller when there are other more important roles in play. I believe the reason you didn't die Bahamut was not the doing of the doctor. This plus previous evidence leads me to the conclusion of:

##Vote: BahamutWhat if one of them recruited the other? This is just one huge What If and I'd rather let it play out in our individual minds than talk about it, since it'd mean both of these suspects play a mean game of mafia and have planned far ahead of any of us. I want this little idea on the books so I can at least preen about it, if it turns out true. :p

Anima;2784347']I'm trying to be more active... I just super suck at this game while you all are super awesome at this... =/

And plus, sorry that I don't spend all day on the computer..:mad: I do have a life, you know.I despise you and wish you'd talk more. A lot more. :mad2:

Valefor;2784380']I question Shvia's actions at the end of the day when she wanted us to keep the SK around. That just doesn't make sense, though I don't know why a mafia would want to do that either. Could be a third party role with possible night kill immunity, which would explain why Chocobo couldn't kill her. She also hasn't really contributed much in terms of discussion, being very confusing at times.I'm again saying it could have turned out for the better and felt it a worthwhile risk. If you're town, try to look at it this way: the fatty was not privy to any special knowledge, he could've killed you, me, or a bad guy. If I'm mafia, I guess I'd like the extra gun to help even the odds against Cult, but I like the idea of knowing who I"m killing rather than letting chance do all the work (because who have I killed so far?). And if I'm thinking were I cult, I'd hate to have a loony with a gun on the loose, so I'd probably lynch him or hope we could convert him at night, but could he kill the leader and leave us without growth?

I know I've garnered unintelligible as my reputation, but I hope someone understands this.

[M] Helo
01-31-2010, 12:46 AM
We've only lost two townies, we're still going strong.

[M] Apollo
01-31-2010, 12:46 AM
Real-time:

Roleclaim time! I am a Nexus. [M] Chocobo must have tried to kill me, killed [M] Alexander instead. I'm unaware of any further consequences of me being mostly awesome.

Please consider this.

[M] Helo
01-31-2010, 12:48 AM
I'd like to believe it, but anybody could have made that claim. Not buying it. :(

[M] Apollo
01-31-2010, 12:50 AM
Not many other people have a [M] Chocobo's dying confession. :p

[M] Felix
01-31-2010, 12:51 AM
Y'arrrrr! It could all be comin' together for a mafia-less game, shipmates! Consider:

- Serial killer used fer night kills to be makin' us think the mafia are operatin'!
- Death Miller ter be throwin' us off the scent and makin' us think there be mafia.

However, there still be the question of that scurvy roleblocker! They obviously be anti-town to be targettin' both me and Titan. I don't be thinkin' the Cult would be havin' a roleblocker if they be our enemy.

[M] Helo
01-31-2010, 12:51 AM
oh smurf it. This day has made my brain bleed and it's not suitable for a senior like me. :(

##Unvote: Shiva

[M] Adama
01-31-2010, 12:53 AM
Shiva;2784689']Real-time:

Roleclaim time! I am a Nexus. [M] Chocobo must have tried to kill me, killed [M] Alexander instead. I'm unaware of any further consequences of me being mostly awesome.

Please consider this.
Why did you say this

I can't defend myself without someone roleclaiming and I'm not willing to go there yet.

[M] Felix
01-31-2010, 12:53 AM
D'arrrr! But what if that roleblocker be a jailkeeper tryin' to be keepin' us safe?

[M] Elize
01-31-2010, 12:54 AM
Ok, all caught up, but about to take a shower(I be stanky), and I have a quick question. Why aren't we believing Titan's claim and investigation if both him and Cactuar have confirmed it? If it is because of what the flash says, when I hosted a game I made up many roles, and what Titan is talking about has been in more than 1 game here, if I am right.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
01-31-2010, 12:54 AM
You know, we could always just check Titans claim tonight and lynch Doomtrain, and have him check out Shiva tonight. Kill two birds with one stone.

If Titan dies tonight however, regardless of his role, we get Shiva tomorrow.

[M] Felix
01-31-2010, 12:59 AM
Odin;2784698']If Titan dies tonight however, regardless of his role, we get Shiva tomorrow.Avast there, Odin lad. What if Shiva be town? The murderin' scumbags will be readin' this and will surely be a-targettin' poor Titan.

[M] Apollo
01-31-2010, 01:02 AM
Valefor;2784438']Ok, the only thing keeping me from voting Shiva right now is that she didn't die on night 1, indicating that she might be a doctor. Otherwise, I haven't seen anything in her posts that was very helpful. She didn't vote yesterdy, and spent a lot of time trying to convince us that keeping the SK around was a good idea. Like I said before, not sure why a mafia would want to do that but town most certainly wouldn't want to do that. Even while doing that she didn't give us a better option. Someone had to be lynched. If not Choc, who? Why did she focus so much on saving the SK instead of trying to find the other scumbags? As for the doc angle, there are so many other possibilities, many of which have been touched on. I just can't make that assumption and ignore the rest of her behavior.

<b>##Vote: Shiva</b>:roll2 Have you never read any of my posts saying we should get rid of [M] Ifrit or [M] Bahamut? Starting with either of those two would have been alright by me and suggested as my alternative to lynching [M] Chocobo. And yeah, if I was magic, I could have gotten enough votes to at least endanger the dragon in a sudden death, if anyone liked my plan. And by now I've explained my Serial Killing logic, so not much more to say there.

Carbuncle;2784440']
Shiva;2784065']I would much rather the cop investigate [M] Ramuh 'cause he was, what, number four for [M] Chocobo before he outed himself, which really set the fatty up for Likeliest to be Lynched, and sure enough [M] Leviathan voted for chubster and our Serial Killer confessed. Maybe it's a lot to ask for, aiming a cop away from me, but odds say there's a mafia member in those first four votes for [M] Chocobo. :) Oh, and we totally gotta swing the fatty, right? I'll withhold my vote for now just so this ain't a railroading.
First scum thing she said. "Oh please please don't investigate me copper! Please please go after someone else because I'd come up as guilty!"Has been previously stated that I don't care if I'm investigated.

Carbuncle;2784440']
Shiva;2784101']I really do like the idea of being nice and safe by lynching you, but what benefits the town at this point also benefits the mafia. And we're down two townies already, and while we're busy stringing up [M] Chocobo, we're also removing a gun which might end up pointed at a mafia. He might kill a townie tonight if he lives, yeah, but he also might get a mafia. Earlier, he promised to kill himself rather than be used, but then later says he will kill again tonight if left alive. Sounds like a killer to me and that's useful (but risky).
Second scum thing she said. "Oh please please don't lynch the serial killer! Please please keep him alive so you won't see that he's probably telling the truth about me and he can kill of some townies!"Uh?

Carbuncle;2784440']
Shiva;2784101'], [M] Ifrit, [M] Carbuncle, [M] Valefor, and [M] Ramuh were the first four to vote for [M] Chocobo before [M] Leviathan crushed him and he 'fessed up. At least one of them is scum, I'm willing to commit to that. Specifically, I can't say. Those are my only worthwhile suspicions. The [M] Bahamut and [M] Ifrit confrontation would have been nice to solve, but theories surrounding it seem reasonable enough, especially with the Sudden Death match.

Third scum thing she said. "And now I'm going to point out people who are pro-town so you can kill them instead of a serial killer!" Listed suspects and my reasoning as to why. Less taunting dismissal and more reasonable rejection please.

Carbuncle;2784440']
Shiva;2784101']I can't defend myself without someone roleclaiming and I'm not willing to go there yet.
What could she mean by this?I can defend myself by roleclaiming but would be willing to do so if I must. Have since done so.

Carbuncle;2784440']Shiva, you have some explaining to do. And I just thought of something really amusing. Siren and Carbuncle. Geddit? Hehehe!Explained. And I don't get the [M] Siren and [M] Carbuncle joke.

I'd like to hear some retorts instead of outright dismissals please.

[M] Caprica
01-31-2010, 01:03 AM
Shiva, your claim actually makes sense. I noted earlier that I had a feeling a nexus is in play, as you didn't die even though Chocobo targeted you. I had a feeling you refused to address my question of your not-death in order to keep your role a secret. I wanted to see how you played before I made any official declarations though.

[M] Caprica
01-31-2010, 01:04 AM
Shiva;2784700'] And I don't get the [M] Siren and [M] Carbuncle joke.
Simon and Garfunkle.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
01-31-2010, 01:07 AM
They are likely to target Titan regardless right now. There isn't much stopping this from happening at this point.

Either

1) The enemy has the Roleblocker, and from here on out will prevent Titan from revealing their Identity.

2) If we have a doc, he's most likely defending Titan if Doom flips scum, or perhaps you 'supposedly' will if you get the power of a doctor tonight.

3) If we have no doc, Titan is dead regardless.

4) If they are something like a cult and can't kill, they'll try recruiting Titan. If they can't recruit power roles, then Titan lives and gives us a reading on Shiva.

Regardless of me saying that, Titan's fate was already decided. ;p

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
01-31-2010, 01:07 AM
That was at Ifrit.

[M] Felix
01-31-2010, 01:11 AM
Odin;2784703']'supposedly' Do I have to be bustin' out me Capn' Ifrit Says macro again? :tongue:

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
01-31-2010, 01:15 AM
Only if I can touch myself inappropriately to it. ;)

[M] Felix
01-31-2010, 01:16 AM
I don't think thar be an inappropriate way to touch yeself to an image of Cap'n Ifrit.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
01-31-2010, 01:17 AM
...What if I'm touching myself with your mom?

[M] Adama
01-31-2010, 01:20 AM
Shiva;2784700']I can defend myself by roleclaiming but would be willing to do so if I must. Have since done so.

What? You make no sense most of the time.

You come in here and say you can't say you're a Nexus without someone else roleclaiming as if that makes any sense. Choboco had already roleclaimed and admitted to killing you before you said that. I'm not buying it. And you know what it means when I say that don't you? Yes, you do fishy. Yes you do.

[M] Adama
01-31-2010, 01:22 AM
Trying to kill you I meant.

[M] Felix
01-31-2010, 01:23 AM
Odin;2784712']...What if I'm touching myself with your mom?If a lad like you had a wench like me mother, I'm thinkin' ye wouldn't have the slightest idea what to be doin' wi' her! :lol:

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
01-31-2010, 01:25 AM
Probably make her do my dishes. I fucking hate dishes. :mad2:

...What were we talking about again?

[M] Apollo
01-31-2010, 01:33 AM
Glad you're still not following, [M] Carbuncle. I think you're plenty dense and fishy as well. Your entire argument with [M] Odin was pretty senseless to me, especially with your favorite argument "THIS GUY IS MAFIA KILL THE SCUM SCUMMY SCUM SCUM". You used it with me, you used it with him, you point more wildly than anyone I've met, [M] Carbuncle. That's a shame, you've must have turned cult.

##VOTE: [M] Carbuncle

I gave up quoting because it seemed a pain in the ass when nothing is outright calling my name.

[M] Apollo
01-31-2010, 01:37 AM
Carbuncle;2784440']
Shiva;2784101']I can't defend myself without someone roleclaiming and I'm not willing to go there yet.
What could she mean by this?"I can defend myself by roleclaiming but would be willing to do so if I must." Have since done so.[/QUOTE]Trying once more to get through a canker sore's dumb ruby-studded head. There, quotation marks on what I originally meant. ;)

[M] Apollo
01-31-2010, 01:38 AM
Carbuncle;2784440']
What could she mean by this?"I can defend myself by roleclaiming but would be willing to do so if I must." Have since done so.Trying once more to get through a canker sore's dumb ruby-studded head. There, quotation marks on what I originally meant. ;)

Please note I smurfed up my previous post and won't edit it.

[M] Elize
01-31-2010, 01:43 AM
Well, I agree that Odin and Shiva are suspicious, but I think for today I will be going with Doomtrain.

##Vote: Doomtrain

I don't really know what to say, does anyone have questions for me? (I don't know the capital of Malawi, nor Assyria, in case you arre wondering.)

[M] Adama
01-31-2010, 01:52 AM
Ifrit;2784696']D'arrrr! But what if that roleblocker be a jailkeeper tryin' to be keepin' us safe?
Well, looks the the jig is up. I mind as well reveal myself now to clear some things up.

As Ifrit mentioned there is a jailkeeper type role that has the power of both a roleblocker and a doctor. But, that is not what I'm called. My actual role is called Companion and I'm town-aligned. You see, I told you the mods took an artistic license. As the companion I sleep with people at night. No really. I sleep next to the person I chose for that night and they are kept nice and safe in their comfy little beds, but they are also roleblocked.

Night 1 - I chose Titan because the Cheater outted him and I knew he'd probably be a likely target at night. I decided to protect him, but unfortunately also roleblocked him which is why he came up with the "no result" on this night.

Night 2 - I chose Ifrit because I was iffy about his role. I wanted to see what he'd say after he got roleblocked and protected and it confirmed for to me that Ifrit definitely had a killing ability at night. He says he went after Bahamut and Bahamut is still alive so we can presume this. Chocobo coming up as guilty for Ifrit and then it being revealed that Choboco is also a serial killer also tells me that Ifrit is most likely not lying.

And now for Shiva. Shiva didn't die when Chocobo tried to kill her. This was a red herring to me. I started to think well if there is a role like me for town there has to be a role similar to me for scum right? If this game were truly balanced then there is probably a Mafia Doctor or Mafia Roleblocker also known as Prostitute. I'm inclined to believe that it's Shiva because as someone mentioned earlier, doctors usually protect themselves the first night. Shiva's quote for not wanting a cop to investigate her is also obviously scummy. The Nexus roleclaim is convenient for her, but highly unlikely. Maybe Leviathon can shed some light on this?

I already said what I had to say on Odin, but just know that he should be someone to look out for as being anti-town as well.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
01-31-2010, 01:55 AM
Shiva;2784609']
Siren;2784291']Interesting theory Ramuh. So, you really think isn't any mafia?What else could this mean, [M] Siren? Maybe a reserved tone is all a cultist could muster? :\

When you say reserved tone, are you talking about me or Ramuh.

[M] Adama
01-31-2010, 01:56 AM
You probably meant to say I can't defend myself, but would be willing to do so. Because what you said before doesn't make sense, Shiva. Then again, alot of what you say doesn't.

[M] Elize
01-31-2010, 01:58 AM
Well, if that's true Carbuncle, then I think it's still possible for a mafia group, because Titan was probably a major target Night 1, and Ifrit the same Night 2.

[M] Felix
01-31-2010, 02:00 AM
D'arrr, well, wi' Carbuncle being the final piece o' the puzzle, I am now convinced:

There be no mafia. The scum in this game be the serial killer and the cult.

[M] Athena
01-31-2010, 02:03 AM
Ifrit, if that is the case, then it's possible that Doomtrain is a cult member. We will soon find out once we all decide to lynch him.

[M] Adama
01-31-2010, 02:04 AM
Titan;2784733']Ifrit, if that is the case, then it's possible that Doomtrain is a cult member. We will soon find out once we all decide to lynch him.
If he is a cult member then why did you say Mafia scum?

[M] Athena
01-31-2010, 02:05 AM
Well, because I wasn't originally convinced we have a Cult.

[M] Caprica
01-31-2010, 02:07 AM
Carbuncle;2784726']Maybe Leviathon can shed some light on this?
What exactly do you mean?

[M] Felix
01-31-2010, 02:10 AM
Right now me theory is just that, a theory, bein' based on the lack of knight kills, the serial killer and the potential death miller, y'arr.

Day 4 we will be knowin' for sure - the flip o' Doomtrain, assumin' o' course that Titan is genuine, which I think he be, and if there be any night kills.

If there be a cult, we can already assume they be havin' 3 members, and by tomorrow, that be 4.

[M] Adama
01-31-2010, 02:11 AM
You said you thought Shiva was suspicious earlier and that the reasons you thought so were obvious, but it's not. Especially now that you openly believe Shiva's Nexus claim.

[M] Felix
01-31-2010, 02:11 AM
Y'arrr! Or 3, o' course, if Doomtrain be one o' them! I forgot him.

[M] Adama
01-31-2010, 02:14 AM
Who tried to kill Alexander?

[M] Adama
01-31-2010, 02:15 AM
I mean killed Alexander. Keep getting those confused.

[M] Athena
01-31-2010, 02:17 AM
Well, if Shiva is a Nexus as she claimed, and she was Chocobo's target, I think his kill has been retargeted to Alexander.

[M] Felix
01-31-2010, 02:18 AM
Chocobo say he be targetin' Shiva, and Shiva be sayin' she be a Nexus, and so that is what I think be happenin' to Alexander.

I honestly cannot think what kind of landlubber would want to be givin' Alexander a black spot. He posted 0 times, so I cannot be seein' the point o' that. There be much more use in takin' out someone more talkative! D'arr.

[M] Caprica
01-31-2010, 02:20 AM
Titan;2784742']Well, if Shiva is a Nexus as she claimed, and she was Chocobo's target, I think his kill has been retargeted to Alexander.

That's why I believe Shiva's claim.

[M] Colette
01-31-2010, 02:21 AM
I've just finished reading everything that happened since I left; that was a ton of roleclaiming. If everyone that's roleclaimed is telling the truth, then this should be a piece of cake. (But seriously, what are the chances?!)

I'll hold my vote on Siren for now to prevent a majority vote on Doomtrain but, given Titan's explanation and Cactuar's role revelation, I trust in the choice to get rid of him.

[M] Adama
01-31-2010, 02:21 AM
Titan;2784742']Well, if Shiva is a Nexus as she claimed, and she was Chocobo's target, I think his kill has been retargeted to Alexander.
Ah that makes sense! One kill that day. No kills today. A Cult is now more likely to me.

[M] Colette
01-31-2010, 02:27 AM
Current votecount, too. Because I'm organized like that.

Carbuncle - 1
Doomtrain - 4
Odin - 1
Shiva - 1
Siren - 1

[M] Felix
01-31-2010, 02:29 AM
Crew members:
[M] Bahamut - Death Miller
[M] Carbuncle - Companion
[M] Titan - Psychiatrist
[M] Ifrit - Melodramatic Townie
[M] Shiva - Nexus

Bilge rats:
[M] Anima
[M] Diablos
[M] Doomtrain - Cultist?
[M] Levaithan
[M] Odin
[M] Phoenix
[M] Ramuh
[M] Siren
[M] Valefor

I think this be up to date. Me and me parrot apologize most heartily if we be makin' a mistake wi' this.

[M] Apollo
01-31-2010, 02:30 AM
Let's get this train rolling? This is only funny in that I originally put my first placeholding vote on him. :|

##UNVOTE: [M] Carbuncle
##VOTE: [M] Doomtrain

[M] Athena
01-31-2010, 02:32 AM
Doomtrain;2782295']Let's get this train rolling.
:p

[M] Felix
01-31-2010, 02:32 AM
Also, if I have to be namin' another cultist besides Doomtrain, I would have to be lookin' at who has changed their ways recently - after bein' recruited, you have a new goal after all!

D'arrrr, and wi' that I look no further than Odin. Quiet for the first two days, and now suddenly he be throwin' accusations of mafia cop all over the deck!

[M] Apollo
01-31-2010, 02:33 AM
We're looking for three so far?

[M] Felix
01-31-2010, 02:34 AM
Y'arrrr, supposin' both Odin and Doomtrain be cult, does this mean the Cult Leader be deliberately targettin' inactive players as recruits?

[M] Colette
01-31-2010, 02:34 AM
Anima, Doomtrain, Leviathan, Phoenix, Ramuh, and Siren have no vote currently on the table.

All of you, who's on your suspicion list? Out with it. :)

[M] Adama
01-31-2010, 02:36 AM
Doomtrain should walk the plank because as I've believed since the end of Day 1, Titan is probably the psychologist/psychiatrist.

I will believe your Nexus thing, Shiva, FOR NOW but you are still fishy. Especially when you said we should keep the serial killer here and not investigate you. :p Odin is still on my list of fishy people. Him going after me and Ifrit and then being lay low. Not good. Not good. Yet, I'd rather go after Doomtrain, someone who I also think is fishy and someone that Titan, who is someone I believe is innocent, says is insane and anti-town because I have more faith in that.

##Unvote: Odin

[M] Felix
01-31-2010, 02:37 AM
Also, we haven't been hearin' from Valefor in a while, when he was one o' the more active summons earlier. I wonder where that bird dragon serpent be a hidin' out! D'ARRRRR!

[M] Adama
01-31-2010, 02:39 AM
Exactly what I was going to say Ifrit. Valefor was so vocal Day 1 and Day 2 and now not a word from him. Interesting.

[M] Colette
01-31-2010, 02:44 AM
Valefor;2784438']Ok, the only thing keeping me from voting Shiva right now is that she didn't die on night 1, indicating that she might be a doctor. Otherwise, I haven't seen anything in her posts that was very helpful. She didn't vote yesterdy, and spent a lot of time trying to convince us that keeping the SK around was a good idea. Like I said before, not sure why a mafia would want to do that but town most certainly wouldn't want to do that. Even while doing that she didn't give us a better option. Someone had to be lynched. If not Choc, who? Why did she focus so much on saving the SK instead of trying to find the other scumbags? As for the doc angle, there are so many other possibilities, many of which have been touched on. I just can't make that assumption and ignore the rest of her behavior.

##Vote: Shiva

For reference, this is Valefor's current vote and his reasoning.

[M] Adama
01-31-2010, 02:51 AM
I don't particularly buy that there is no mafia at all. If there is, it is probably not a large mafia. Mafia being there is the only way a cult member can die at night according to a flash and people have said some very mafia type things in this thread. People meaning Shiva. And why would we have a death miller and no mafia? That makes no sense. Still, mafia, serial killer and cult seem like too much for a game with only 15 players. Hopefully it is just a cult and serial killer. It will be less of a hassle to take down a cult than it would be to take down Cult and Mafia. But, we have yet to find a Cult Leader. Who are the summons that seem like they'd be that?

[M] Felix
01-31-2010, 02:54 AM
And why would we have a death miller and no mafia? To make us think that there is a mafia, y'arrrr!

[M] Gaius
01-31-2010, 02:56 AM
Well I have weighed everything that has happened so far and I must say it makes sense from a logical standpoint, but it doesn't mean I buy it. Nexus is a very convienent role to claim, like Death Miller. The problem with Shiva is that I keep getting scum vibes from her posts but her stories keep checking out. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

I will say that I believe Titan, Ifrit, and Carbuncle's claims, for now. I actually was pretty sure there was a Jailkeeper-like role and unless someone else claims it, looks like Carby's it.

So now we have the 'Insane' verdict on Doomtrain. Looks like a good lynch for today. I think he has a good majority but I've been out of it today and don't know the current vote tally.

As for there being a cult and no mafia, that is certainly a plausible scenario but remember the first time we had a cult: the town was so focused on finding cult that the mafia was able to get victory. I don't want that to happen again, so I am keeping all the options open. There are plenty of reasons why the mafia's first two kills wouldn't have gone through (assuming Shiva is telling the truth and Alex wasn't the first kill).

This game gives me a headache.

[M] Gaius
01-31-2010, 02:57 AM
Ok so there were about 10 posts from the time I posted that so sorry if I didn't reflect anything else said.

Thanks for the votecount, B.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
01-31-2010, 02:58 AM
I see two problems right now.

Carbuncle;2784726']Night 2 - I chose Ifrit because I was iffy about his role. I wanted to see what he'd say after he got roleblocked and protected and it confirmed for to me that Ifrit definitely had a killing ability at night. He says he went after Bahamut and Bahamut is still alive so we can presume this. Chocobo coming up as guilty for Ifrit and then it being revealed that Choboco is also a serial killer also tells me that Ifrit is most likely not lying.

The theory of there being no mafia isn't the only way of explaining Ifrit not dieing. After all, the mafia might have tried to kill him.

2. If the cult can recruit, what if Doomtrain isn't the recruiter? Titan, can you be recruited?

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
01-31-2010, 03:00 AM
That is of course if all the roleclaims are true.

[M] Colette
01-31-2010, 03:06 AM
I don't understand what you mean by Ifrit not dying, Siren. As far as I know, no one has admitted to attempting to kill him. He's admitted to attempting to kill me but that's not the same thing. :lol:

[M] Felix
01-31-2010, 03:08 AM
Y'arrr, I also have to be sayin' that if Doomtrain is the rotten cultist mongrel we be suspectin' him tae be, then Titan, I suggest ye do NOT reveal who ye investigate if ye get a "sane" result. If ye do so, that will be makin' them a grand target for cult recruitin', d'arrr.

[M] Gaius
01-31-2010, 03:13 AM
Carbuncle;2784726']
Night 2 - I chose Ifrit because I was iffy about his role. I wanted to see what he'd say after he got roleblocked and protected and it confirmed for to me that Ifrit definitely had a killing ability at night. He says he went after Bahamut and Bahamut is still alive so we can presume this. Chocobo coming up as guilty for Ifrit and then it being revealed that Choboco is also a serial killer also tells me that Ifrit is most likely not lying.

It took you a waste of your power to figure this out? The fact that he found the serial killer didn't tip you off? What other possible role could he be? The only thing I could think of is Mafia Cop, and your test wouldn't have proven it either, since it would have blocked the mafia kill as well. Now, I don't think he is a mafia cop, but I never did, and I just don't know why you still suspected him after he stuck his neck out to get the SK yesterday.

[M] Colette
01-31-2010, 03:17 AM
If Ifrit was a Mafia Cop, roleblocking and protecting him would only have averted a mafia kill if Ifrit was the one to act out the deed. Usually, the moderator will ask one of the particular members of the Mafia to attempt a kill.

[M] Gaius
01-31-2010, 03:20 AM
Yes, I know how the game works. Again, I didn't really suspect Ifrit of being this role, but I wanted to point out a hole in Carby's logic because I don't get why he would target Ifrit even after his explanation.

Hey Bahamut, what result do you think you would get if the Psychiatrist investigated you?

[M] Adama
01-31-2010, 03:21 AM
Valefor;2784781']
Carbuncle;2784726']

It took you a waste of your power to figure this out? The fact that he found the serial killer didn't tip you off? What other possible role could he be? The only thing I could think of is Mafia Cop, and your test wouldn't have proven it either, since it would have blocked the mafia kill as well. Now, I don't think he is a mafia cop, but I never did, and I just don't know why you still suspected him after he stuck his neck out to get the SK yesterday.
If you paid attention to it closely you would have seen that I also said I wanted to protect him. I agree with Diablos that Titan and Ifrit would have been likely targets. I think both of them were pro-town but I wanted to confirm Ifrit. It wasn't a waste of power. It was protection for two charactesr who would be obvious targets for Mafia. I didn't buy what he said about Choboco at first because I had already outed Chocobo and then others voted for him. I felt he was bandwagoning once he realized Chocobo would be iced to save his on tail, but I don't think that's the case now.

And I find interesting how you've been active for the first two days and then now active now that we've called you out. ;)

[M] Felix
01-31-2010, 03:22 AM
Y'arrrrrrr! D'ARRRRRRR! Cap'n Ifrit just noticed somethin'!

##unvote Doomtrain ##vote: Ifrit

No speed lynchin' aboard this ship! How many times must he be tellin' ye scallywags? :lol:

[M] Apollo
01-31-2010, 03:22 AM
I haven't any real suspects if all my suspects are on [M] Ifrit's crew list. :( The rest are non-talkative lynchers, which are just good choices instead of cultivated suspicions. Tomorrow should help narrow things down more.

[M] Apollo
01-31-2010, 03:24 AM
Sorry, Cap. :(

[M] Adama
01-31-2010, 03:24 AM
Actually I said I wanted to protect Titan but it is implied that this is what I had in mind for Ifrit as well. They were both roleblocked and protected.

[M] Colette
01-31-2010, 03:27 AM
I would think I'd return a sane investigation, Valefor. Why do you ask?

[M] Gaius
01-31-2010, 03:27 AM
Carbuncle;2784785']
And I find interesting how you've been active for the first two days and then now active now that we've called you out.
Well, that's a coincidence, and you can take it for whatever you want. I made some posts at the start of this day, went out, and now I'm back. I didn't even know you guys 'called me out' until after I made my longer post above. Yesterday I had little else to do so I played mafia.

Carbuncle;2784785']I felt he was bandwagoning once he realized Chocobo would be iced to save his on tail, but I don't think that's the case now.
How was he bandwagoning when he was the first vote for Chocobo?

[M] Adama
01-31-2010, 03:31 AM
He was the first to vote for him, but not the first to say that he thought he was fishy. :p Once he saw that people thought it was weird how Chocobo was vehemently defending him he came out with his posts revealing that he was guilty.

[M] Adama
01-31-2010, 03:32 AM
Now stop side-tracking me from figuring out possible Cult members.

[M] Gaius
01-31-2010, 03:38 AM
Bahamut;2784792']I would think I'd return a sane investigation, Valefor. Why do you ask?
I said a while back there was no way to verify your claim. I also wanted to see if you had been recruited.

[M] Colette
01-31-2010, 03:44 AM
Makes sense, actually. Being a Death Miller for the time being at least, I'm fairly confident I'm "sane".

[M] Caprica
01-31-2010, 03:59 AM
##Vote: Leviathan

Voting for myself because there's not enough time for me to formulate a serious vote.

[M] Caprica
01-31-2010, 03:59 AM
cause unless I'm mistaken, the day ends at 11 pm est. that's less than 1 minute away.

[M] Colette
01-31-2010, 04:01 AM
Actually, I'm fairly certain you have plenty of time, Leviathan. I think the day will end at around 10 AM EST. :p

[M] Adama
01-31-2010, 04:02 AM
Yeah, we've gotten extended time today for turning in night actions early and blowing Rydia.

[M] Caprica
01-31-2010, 04:03 AM
oooooh, that's right. Well then :p

##Unvote

[M] Caprica
01-31-2010, 04:10 AM
can we have an updated votecount please?

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
01-31-2010, 04:12 AM
Bahamut;2784779']I don't understand what you mean by Ifrit not dying, Siren. As far as I know, no one has admitted to attempting to kill him. He's admitted to attempting to kill me but that's not the same thing. :lol:

Right now I wish we had a facepalm smilie.

[M] Anise
01-31-2010, 04:17 AM
Okay I'm sorry my posts have been sporadic but *inserts excuse nobody cares about*. Quick thoughts because I have to be at work 5 minutes ago.

I have a suspicion that Doomtrain might be a Jester. I'm not sure why, but surely his inactivity and then inability to read the damn thread makes him a target. I know it got Ramuh up in a huff! :p

Assuming there is no mafia (as has been suggested), then the death of Chocobo means there would be no night kill roles except for Ifrit occasionally.

Regardless of how the day ends (hopefully I can get back to post some more and actually vote), I think it'd be a wise move to have Titan investigate Bahamut and hopefully get another confirmed townie. Also mark me down as believing Titan - he's here to find the Cultists, not cure them. The only cure is a good lynchin'! :D

[M] Mom – Host
01-31-2010, 04:19 AM
Carbuncle;2784804']Yeah, we've gotten extended time today for turning in night actions early and blowing Rydia.

I didn't think you'd admit to that so easily. :jokey:

[M] Adama
01-31-2010, 04:25 AM
I did it! I found the Cult Leader!

http://canadianfermentation.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/manson1a.jpg

Have at him! :)

In trying to find this picture I discovered that Al Gore is considered a cult leader.

http://bp1.blogger.com/_iKcZ3qcCmyo/SAvylqCWBsI/AAAAAAAAG6w/A7TkeZ0-z54/s400/EndisComing.jpg

[M] Elize
01-31-2010, 05:27 AM
Phoenix;2784808']Okay I'm sorry my posts have been sporadic but *inserts excuse nobody cares about*. Quick thoughts because I have to be at work 5 minutes ago.

I have a suspicion that Doomtrain might be a Jester. I'm not sure why, but surely his inactivity and then inability to read the damn thread makes him a target. I know it got Ramuh up in a huff! :p

Assuming there is no mafia (as has been suggested), then the death of Chocobo means there would be no night kill roles except for Ifrit occasionally.

Regardless of how the day ends (hopefully I can get back to post some more and actually vote), I think it'd be a wise move to have Titan investigate Bahamut and hopefully get another confirmed townie. Also mark me down as believing Titan - he's here to find the Cultists, not cure them. The only cure is a good lynchin'! :D

Saying that Doomtrain could be a jester may be his way of protecting him. Titan, I would suggest you investigating Phoenix after Bahamut. Here arre my two reasons...

1. Above, possibly protecting Doomtrain

2. He posts just enough to stay out of our minds, without saying much. A good Cult Leader would choose someone like this. Actually, a good Cult Leader may act like this.

[M] Elize
01-31-2010, 05:41 AM
Just to clarify, because I'm sure it will come up, I'm not saying lynch Phoenix based solely on this, I'm just asking for him to be investigated, and to base what we do on that.

[M] Elize
01-31-2010, 06:15 AM
Well, since no one is here, I guess I'll go to bed.

Triple post ftw, btw.

[M] Gaius
01-31-2010, 06:39 AM
You might be on to something, Diablos, and I wish you would post more. You seem to be trying to stay out of our minds as well!

It's odd to bring jesters up all of a sudden. It could be a last ditch effort to save a fellow cult member, or even the cult leader (more likely, or else why would he stick his neck out like that?). That, and the result from Titan are enough to convince me that something is not right with this train.

I guess I'll leave Shiva alone, since the Nexus claim does fit in for now. I'm not totally convinced, though.

Anima is also laying low and I do not like it.

<b>##Unvote: Shiva
##Vote: Doomtrain</b>

[M] Aaron
01-31-2010, 08:06 AM
I'll vote for...

##Vote: [M] Carbuncle cuz he is like, so totally fishy and stuff!

Anyways, sorry for being inactive for the past few hours, I was having my birthday party! :D It was a lot of fun!!

[M] Adama
01-31-2010, 09:31 AM
Anima;2784840']I'll vote for...

##Vote: [M] Carbuncle cuz he is like, so totally fishy and stuff!

Anyways, sorry for being inactive for the past few hours, I was having my birthday party! :D It was a lot of fun!!
You realize this is poor reasoning. Not to mention the fact that you're already on some people's radar for suspicion. You're now on my high list of people who are guilty. Not because you voted for me, but because you did so without even seeming to think it out. You've done that alot actually. With your random vote of someone yesterday because you were under "so much pressure" and then just disappearing. You like Odin, are a lay low. Guilty people use accuses for things in their outside life alot. They feel the need to justify why they've been away because they are paranoid that people will think they're on the baddy forum scheming. This is usually the case. Though a few people really do have outside things going on so does everyone else and they still manage to be active. :p

Phoenix the Jester comment is odd. I know someone said that already but I was thinking it earlier. At this point you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who would want to change from Doomtrain even cult, mafia, anti-town whatever because that would be stupid enough to incriminate themselves. But, you would find them trying to potentionally avoid lynching their fellow cult member/scummate. ;)

[M] Anise
01-31-2010, 09:46 AM
I mentioned jesters because I thought of jesters. Simple as that. I looked at Doomtrain's posting. Seeing as there's not a lot of it, I'll quote it all for you.

Doomtrain;2782295']Let's get this train rolling.

Doomtrain;2782298']YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, SHIH-VAH!

Doomtrain;2782615']I don't think Ifrit is mafia, weird roles are rarely scum.

Doomtrain;2782843']
Shiva;2782627']##Vote: [M] Doomtrain

It's nothing personal, just something to do before reading everything I've missed, and sorry for being late to the party. :(
You evil biceth! >:O

Doomtrain;2783765']Hi. So...what's going on?

Doomtrain;2784016']Sorry, my mom and dad have been on all day long. Can I get a rundown of events? I'm too lazy to look through the thread. >.<

Doomtrain;2784441']Hi guys. Sorry >.< My parents have been hogging the computer all day again.

Could someone tell me what's going on?

Doomtrain;2784513']Hello. I'm sorry if I'm suspicious. And I'm not new, I'm just really really busy lately. D:

Ramuh is pretty suspicious, but my true feelings are for Ifrit. Feelings of suspicion I mean. :D

His greatest contributions (and I use the term lightly) to the thread has been saying "weird roles aren't usually scum" and his latest post. The rest of the time he's asking to be told what's happened.

It's obviously annoying, and it sparked Ramuh to vote for him. I just... he's done nothing that screams jester, which is why I thought of it. It would be a pretty good tactic, and one I'd definitely try (if I were a jester, that is).

But honestly, if he is a jester, then it doesn't really change anything. He got an insane reading from Titan and so he's anti-town, which is more than enough reason to get rid of him. And if my suspicion is right and he's a jester, oh well.

[M] Athena
01-31-2010, 11:34 AM
I want to say that I don't think Doomtrain is a jester. While it could be possible, if he is one, wouldn't he have made more of an attempt to try to get lynched on day 1? Don't jester's win if that happens?

[M] Helo
01-31-2010, 11:35 AM
Regretfully, I agree that Doomtrain could well be a jester. Unfortunately with no night kill, we would have to keep him right until the end of the game, which could be a very bad idea if he was in fact Cult. I'm finishing what I started.

[M] Anise
01-31-2010, 11:46 AM
Titan;2784872']wouldn't he have made more of an attempt to try to get lynched on day 1? Don't jester's win if that happens?

That is the typical route they take. Be loud and confusing until they get lynched. It doesn't need to be on day one either.

But really, it doesn't matter if the jester wins. And like Ramuh said, he could be Cult and that's too dangerous to leave sitting around until the end of the game.

[M] Helo
01-31-2010, 12:06 PM
Often a jester on day one would be found out and simply killed in the night. A good jester would wait a while until he can create dirt on himself that would get him lynched unquestionably.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
01-31-2010, 12:27 PM
Siren;2784773']The theory of there being no mafia isn't the only way of explaining Ifrit not dying. After all, the mafia might have tried to kill him.

What I meant to say here is that no night kill doesn't mean no mafia. They
might have tried to kill him.

[M] Colette
01-31-2010, 12:59 PM
Okay, I gotcha. I agree that it's still possible that there's a mafia group out there but the roles that people have claimed so far lead most of us to believe that the setup indeed does not include one. We'll just have to wait for more information, I guess.

I don't know what the heck happened to Ifrit earlier. He exclaimed that he found something he had overlooked and backed off his vote to prevent a majority vote then never came back to explain what he missed! Why'd you leave us hanging, Ifrit?

And unless I'm mistaken, we've reached the point of a majority vote (Pretty sure 8 was the magic number). Here's the current votecount.

Carbuncle - 1
Doomtrain - 8
Siren - 1

We'll need a ruling from [M] Rydia on that!

[M] Colette
01-31-2010, 01:14 PM
Nope, correction! Didn't change Ifrit's vote when he voted for himself. Sorry.

Carbuncle - 1
Doomtrain - 7
Ifrit - 1
Siren - 1

Fixed.

[M] Anise
01-31-2010, 01:31 PM
He noticed a possible speed lynch, that's all.

[M] Colette
01-31-2010, 01:39 PM
Wow, yeah it looks like you're right. Maybe I read too much into it.

[M] Anise
01-31-2010, 01:56 PM
Any idea how long until the day is over? I know I could finish it up now, but I'd prefer to give people a chance to throw out thoughts and ideas before night.

[M] Colette
01-31-2010, 02:07 PM
~53 minutes.

[M] Apollo
01-31-2010, 03:25 PM
I doubt there's a jester, just look at how easily we lynched [M] Cactuar. If the cactus could do it, so could anyone else.

[M] Helo
01-31-2010, 03:25 PM
I'm prepared for the worst. :(

[M] Mom – Host
01-31-2010, 03:26 PM
Sorry I'm late, Rydia was catching her beauty sleep.

The hour was early and the town gathered around Doomtrain. Ramuh exclaimed, "I'm finishing what I started!" and stepped toward Doomtrain with a noose. "I wouldn't do that if I where you!" Doomtrain exclaimed, "It's time for Doom to go boom!" he yelled. But then nothing happened. Doomtrain was hanged, not exactly sure with his lack of a head though! :jess:

Doomtrain was a Dud.

PM your night actions to me!

[M] Mom – Host
01-31-2010, 07:41 PM
Today Sylph went to the movie theater and watched An exhibition of all the Cids from each and every Final Fantasy perform I want to be your Canary. She rated it 5 stars and then had a grilled cheese sandwich. also nobody died last night.

Day 4 begins now. You were all good again with night actions so you get 30 hours for Day 4. With 13 people left it takes 7 for a majority lynch.

[M] Felix
01-31-2010, 07:45 PM
My beloved citizens, we are truly dealing with a cult. I know this, for in a dream last night, St. Yuna came to me and told me of my destiny.

We must form our own religious order to counter this evil threat. And, as the hero who saved you all from the wicked and vile demon, Chocobo, St. Yuna has asked me to preside over it as...Emperor-God.

My children, my dear children, open your hearts to your Emperor-God, and have strength within yourselves and our true Town Cult will overcome the Evil Cult once and for all!

The Inquisition begins.

[M] Athena
01-31-2010, 07:47 PM
Good grief, again?

[M] Felix
01-31-2010, 07:49 PM
Ah, Lord Titan. It would be an honor if you, with your skilled divination talents, would serve in my new order as High Priest.

[M] Adama
01-31-2010, 07:55 PM
We should get rid of Galileo for spouting his treacherous blasphemous rhetoric all over this place. Amen.

[M] Athena
01-31-2010, 07:55 PM
Lord Titan, hm? I do like the sound of that and being High Priest, so I will have to consider about your request Ifrit.

[M] Caprica
01-31-2010, 08:00 PM
Is this going to be like in the History of the World movie? Where we all dance and stuff?

[M] Helo
01-31-2010, 08:00 PM
The question is - would a dud be insane?

[M] Felix
01-31-2010, 08:03 PM
Truly anybody who has not opened his heart to the Way of Truth is insane. Doomtrain was a threatening presence, that much is clear. If allowed to follow what he believed to be his divine destiny, a cataclysm could have rendered the town's foundations apart.

Thankfully that did not happen, praise be to Rydia.

[M] Apollo
01-31-2010, 08:05 PM
I don't know, the guy was orange, so it's kind of ambiguous there. He had a supposedly one-time killing power and that's all we really learn from this. Was he really anti-town?

[M] Apollo
01-31-2010, 08:05 PM
Leading a church while we have a cult isn't helping, [M] Ifrit. :p

[M] Felix
01-31-2010, 08:06 PM
Rydia works in mysterious ways, Shiva. I could not expect someone uninitated like yourself to understand the Will of the Gods.

[M] Helo
01-31-2010, 08:07 PM
I thought he was a normal townie who thought he was a bomb.

[M] Adama
01-31-2010, 08:09 PM
Ramuh;2784999']I thought he was a normal townie who thought he was da bomb.

Fixed.

[M] Felix
01-31-2010, 08:09 PM
Truly there are a number of possibilities.

Perhaps the poor soul was, as Ramuh says, a wretch who believed he was the bomb.
Perhaps he was a bomb who merely had a chance of detonating.
Perhaps he was a bomb that could only be detonated with a night kill, rather than a lynch.

We will never be enlightened about this matter until the End of Days, however, so I deem it a futile endeavour to speculate.

[M] Apollo
01-31-2010, 08:10 PM
I'm going to take that as a "[M] Titan is a lying lying-face for a liar" remark. I'll be gone for a good while, so I'm going to cast a vote now, if anything looks better or more clear later, I'll try to find time to change targets.

##VOTE: [M] Titan

[M] Helo
01-31-2010, 08:14 PM
I'm guessing the Cult have recruited three players now, so it would be 10-4.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
01-31-2010, 08:23 PM
Ramuh;2785007']I'm guessing the Cult have recruited three players now, so it would be 10-4.

Could be 10-3, depending on if they recruited Alexander.

[M] Elize
01-31-2010, 08:30 PM
Why does Shiva want to kill the Psychologist? Perhaps she is afraid?

[M] Athena
01-31-2010, 08:36 PM
It's probably because Doomtrain didn't end up as a scum or cult, but as a dud who was insane. Though, it would have been nice if he had tried to defend himself rather than keep quiet.

[M] Elize
01-31-2010, 08:47 PM
I've been thinking... Is it possible that a cult member would show up as whatever role they originally were, and not as a "Cult Follower", or something?

And I don't understand how a role that is supposed to kill the last person that voted for them wouldn't be considered insane...

[M] Elize
01-31-2010, 09:25 PM
Also, what did you do last night, Titan?

[M] Felix
01-31-2010, 09:27 PM
Question the High Priest not. He will report to us only if he has had some new revelation. Those revealed to be innocent in his dreams will soon fall prey to the evil heretics.

[M] Elize
01-31-2010, 09:38 PM
How could the Cult get help out of Titan telling them whether or not a certain member is in thier ranks?

[M] Felix
01-31-2010, 09:42 PM
Ah, Brother Diablos, allow your Emperor-God to enlighten you.

Suppose that the High Priest announces that you, Diablos, is a true believer in Rydia, and not a member of the Dark Cult's ranks.

Now suppose that you are the vile leader of the Heretics. Who is your first choice to brainwash? It's Diablos! Because just that very same day, the town has been told that Diablos is sane.

Do you understand why he must only speak out if he finds a wicked infidel?

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
01-31-2010, 09:43 PM
Probably because Titan might see no reason to check someone again.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
01-31-2010, 09:47 PM
To many possibilities right now actually. I think I'll go along with this cult thing though, I don't think it's likley we'd have this many no kill nights by coincidence. If we are to believe the Nexus claim, then that means it's not likely Shiva is cult, but it also means there is a good chance we have a cult member who is very much a mystery. If Shiva was targeted, we may very well have a random cult member not even the Cult intended to target.

So, even if you thought the person was highly unlikely to be a target of the cult, there's a very real chance they were selected by complete mistake due to a Nexus.

That said, I question Titan, if only a little. My big issue is, can cult in this game recruit power roles? I actually suspect not. I don't think Cult typically can, and given this game has Vanilla Townie's like myself, I don't suspect we have more power roles, except possibly one more.

1 SK
1 Nexus
1 Companion
1 Dud
1 cheater
1 Melodramatic

If there were to many other power roles, a cult would be hard pressed to win due to lack of legitamate targets, and if they took one of towns power rolls, like the supposed Melodramatic it would be in the bag for them.

[M] Felix
01-31-2010, 09:54 PM
Brother Bahamut, do you have a night action at all?

[M] Felix
01-31-2010, 09:57 PM
I don't think Cult typically can, and given this game has Vanilla Townie's like myselfYour Emperor-God is displeased with you advertising yourself as a target to the Cult, Odin. You may want to study the teachings of Rydia more carefully in future.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
01-31-2010, 10:09 PM
I originally thought it was a bad Idea until I realized what the chances of me getting targeted are.

I'm constantly on every ones suspicion list, so why would you recruit someone likely to get lynched? Unless I was cult before the suspicion, what are the chances they have recruited me since, or intend on recruiting me now? Me claiming Vanilla town doesn't really change the likelihood of me getting recruited or not. All it does now is give you all warning to watch me at all future days, not something thats really of benefit to the Cult at all.

I say we turn our eyes to someone who has yet to claim a power roll, and whose behavior has remained consistent from day one. We nail them I think we may find our cult leader.

My suspicions? Anima and Bahamut.

I started thinking about Bahamut on the basis of his day one not saving himself vote showed him to be townie, but I think that he either slipped up and didn't think to change his vote, or he hoped someone else would change so he would look innocent by default. All things considered, there was actually a good chance of that happening when I look back on it. If anything, him showing he was there and not switching votes probably gave him more credibility then the others, and his behavior has remained consistent, unlike other suspects.

As of now, Bahamut is my main suspect for Cult Leader.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
01-31-2010, 10:16 PM
On one final note, Titan should only reveal his findings under 2 conditions.

1) We are about to lynch someone he flipped Sane the night before.

2) He flips someone insane.

3) For some reason, he is about to be lynched.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
01-31-2010, 10:16 PM
I mean 3 conditions. ;P

[M] Helo
01-31-2010, 10:20 PM
I don't suspect Bahamut as Cult Leader, because his claim of Death Miller would have been completely stupid.

[M] Colette
01-31-2010, 10:24 PM
I do not have a night action, Ifrit. Why do you ask?

I was afraid that Doomtrain would turn out to be a strange or unknown role like that. In my opinion, it gives us hardly any insight into how Titan's night action works. According to Titan, his result on investigating Doomtrain was Insane. But what does that mean?!

Ifrit, if the Town's strategy includes not asking Titan to divulge his night action targets and results, who else can we ask? If the roleclaims thus far are true, then you and Carbuncle also have night actions. Are we at liberty to inquire what they did last night?

Going back to read other posts that were posted just now while writing this.

[M] Felix
01-31-2010, 10:31 PM
I believe Brother Odin's conditions seem a perfectly fair and reasonable thing to follow. As for my own night actions, as St. Yuna has divulged to me that there is no mafia, I do not feel uneasy to reveal to you that last night I had Doctor powers, and I chose to protect myself, the Emperor-God.

Brother Bahamut, I take no pride in using this method to divine your identity. It is simply not your fault. However, I saw this post and I simply cannot unsee it. I must enquire.

Actually, he's been gone since last night, which was one of the reasons the night lasted so long. Been shopping around for replacements, can't seem to find one.This post was made in the mafia discussion thread (post #127) about your predecessor, Bahamut I.

If you are not in possession of a night action, why would you be holding up the night?

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
01-31-2010, 10:32 PM
If we believe there is no Mafia, however, and since there isn't likely a cop at all in this game, what possible reason would there be to have a Death Miller? Is there any reason to beleive that role would flip insane on investigation in this game?

Honestly, it makes next to no sense for this game to even have a death miller. So why should we believe his claim?

Also, I've seen games lost on the premise that town thought the Mafia wouldn't be stupid enough to do something, so I don't take that as a legitimate reason. ;P

[M] Helo
01-31-2010, 10:32 PM
I assume the reason would be so that we would think there was a Mafia once he flipped, so we would be mislead.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
01-31-2010, 10:35 PM
But once we figured cult existed, what would that even mean at that point? It's barely effective at misleading anyone in this game for the lack of deaths that ensued.

I don't really buy he was placed for the shear purpose of misleading us.

[M] Helo
01-31-2010, 10:38 PM
If he was killed at any point from day 1-3 then we probably would have believed there was a Mafia.

Also, I found something interesting. Shiva pleaded for the cops not to investigate her at the end of day 2, and now I think it's probably because the investigation would hit a random townie and a cop might get a guilty reading. Shiva probably thought such an accident could occur, although the cop would have got the name of the person he investigated by accident. Just throwing it out there as I think I believe Shiva now.

[M] Colette
01-31-2010, 10:40 PM
Odin;2785047']I'm constantly on every ones suspicion list, so why would you recruit someone likely to get lynched?

I say we turn our eyes to someone who has yet to claim a power roll...

My suspicions? Anima and Bahamut.

I started thinking about Bahamut on the basis of his day one not saving himself vote showed him to be townie, but I think that he either slipped up and didn't think to change his vote, or he hoped someone else would change so he would look innocent by default. All things considered, there was actually a good chance of that happening when I look back on it. If anything, him showing he was there and not switching votes probably gave him more credibility then the others, and his behavior has remained consistent, unlike other suspects.

As of now, Bahamut is my main suspect for Cult Leader.

You weren't really on my suspicion list, Odin. You're exaggerating when you say "everyone's" list. Be more specific.

I see that you've listed reasons why you suspect me. Why are there no reasons listed for why you suspect Anima?

And yes, I myself already went over the reasons that I could have claimed Death Miller if I was a Cult Leader. However, given Titan's role, there is supposedly a way to confirm my claim. I'm fairly confident a Psychologist's investigation on me would return a Sane result. (Fairly confident, meaning a Dud supposedly came back Insane... so, yeah. No idea if that would actually work.)

Ramuh;2785055']I don't suspect Bahamut as Cult Leader, because his claim of Death Miller would have been completely stupid.

Why would claiming Death Miller be a stupid claim to cover myself as Cult Leader when we were unsure of Titan's supposed ability?

Also, going back to Titan investigating me, I'd much rather not since I'm Town aligned anyway. Like I've said before, Town players' night actions directed toward me are wasting time for the Town.

Let it also be said again that the only roles to be believed outright are the roles of the players who have died so far.

[M] Felix
01-31-2010, 10:40 PM
Odin;2785064']But once we figured cult existed, what would that even mean at that point? It's barely effective at misleading anyone in this game for the lack of deaths that ensued. Your Emperor-God believes that Serial Killer is part II of that puzzle. That he only managed to acquire one kill probably was not planned for by the fates.

[M] Helo
01-31-2010, 10:42 PM
A cult member is innocent upon cop investigation (at least it was in country mafia) and so why would saying you would read guilty and flip mafia be a good thing to say when if were in fact cult?

[M] Adama
01-31-2010, 10:43 PM
Bahamut;2785058']
Ifrit, if the Town's strategy includes not asking Titan to divulge his night action targets and results, who else can we ask? If the roleclaims thus far are true, then you and Carbuncle also have night actions. Are we at liberty to inquire what they did last night?

Why do you ask?

[M] Adama
01-31-2010, 10:44 PM
I get that the dud could have thought he was a bomb, but what I'm not sure of is how he could come up insane.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
01-31-2010, 10:46 PM
The point is, after the serial killer is gone, the deception of a death miller is doomed to fail. There really is no point in having a death miller. Deaths would have stopped, outside of the ones you yourself caused. And look at how easy it was to find out about a cult. Would the death miller being lynched really have stopped this revelation? I don't think it would have had any effect.

And Serial killers dying early happens almost every game they are in. I don't see how they couldn't have forseen that happening. Honestly, the Death Miller is a useless role for this game, so I see no reason to believe the claim.

[M] Helo
01-31-2010, 10:49 PM
Discovering the Cult was not easy as it took 3 whole game days to do it. :/ And we haven't lynched a member yet, so we still can't be 100%

[M] Colette
01-31-2010, 10:52 PM
Ifrit;2785059']
I believe Brother Odin's conditions seem a perfectly fair and reasonable thing to follow. As for my own night actions, as St. Yuna has divulged to me that there is no mafia, I do not feel uneasy to reveal to you that last night I had Doctor powers, and I chose to protect myself, the Emperor-God.

Brother Bahamut, I take no pride in using this method to divine your identity. It is simply not your fault. However, I saw this post and I simply cannot unsee it. I must enquire.

Actually, he's been gone since last night, which was one of the reasons the night lasted so long. Been shopping around for replacements, can't seem to find one.This post was made in the mafia discussion thread (post #127) about your predecessor, Bahamut I.

If you are not in possession of a night action, why would you be holding up the night?

:eep:

Unfair play, Ifrit.

I can only say that perhaps Rydia was insuring that all accounts were in play before continuing the game. A moderator's out-of-game statements should hold no sway over our decisions or inquiries.

However, if you doubt me, I will martyr myself today to prove that I flip "Mafia Goon" given that the entire town is in agreement. I have "yet" to be recruited by a supposed Cult. Given that no one has died at night recently, this way may be the only way to prove my claim. Obviously, I'd rather it not happen but this is the way it usually works for me in the game of Mafia. xD

[M] Felix
01-31-2010, 10:56 PM
I agree it is unfair play, however, Brother Bahamut, as I said, I had already seen it. The prophecy would've factored into my decisions about you regardless. I thought it fairer to hear your voice on the matter than to simply hold it inside of me all this time, I do hope you understand.

Regardless, I believe you are one of the true believers, and not tainted by the Cult's deceit and lies.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
01-31-2010, 10:56 PM
Gah, I was trying to avoid using that quote. I didn't want to pull a stupid comment from Rydia to justify my claims. Honestly though, I suspected Bahamut before remembering that one. ;P

[M] Adama
01-31-2010, 11:04 PM
As I asked before who you believe would be most likely recruited by cult. Let's take this on a day-by-day basis.

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

[M] Colette
01-31-2010, 11:05 PM
Carbuncle;2785071']
Bahamut;2785058']

Why do you ask?

I was asking whether other players other than Titan should reveal their night actions in Ifrit's strategy. Building off of current claims, it becomes harder to lie about your actions at night over time. I was also asking because I'm not always the best about looking into the future concerning revealing the Town's actions and I didn't want to flat out request that you guys tell us what you did.

[M] Mom – Host
01-31-2010, 11:07 PM
Rydia throwin' down. That is unfair and we were plagued with inactives Day 1. That comment meant that: One of the reasons the night was so long, is because the opening of the day was delayed in a search to find replacements and partners, notice both those nouns are plural. :cool:

Trying to make sure that mafia remains played within the thread.

[M] Adama
01-31-2010, 11:07 PM
I will let town know what I do at night if only clear things up as I did, but in this instance it may not matter what I did last night or it may matter alot. I will leave that up to you to decide.

[M] Mom – Host
01-31-2010, 11:11 PM
Reference for the future, if you think using a quote or any action is unfair, don't use it. Remember, one of the rules of the game is you must play fair. Don't make me banish anybody. (Banishment is death, and in addition you will lose even if your team wins.)

[M] Adama
01-31-2010, 11:14 PM
Remember people, that just because Shiva was a Nexus Day 1, she may not be now. If she has been recruited by the cult she would lose her role most likely. She has still been acting very strange and that vote Titan is interesting. Also do not answer about who you think the Cult recruited.This may give them too much information on who would think so they would go after so they might not go after them. For now, let's focus on a possible Cult Leader.

[M] Elize
01-31-2010, 11:15 PM
I'm sorry Ifrit, I guess I need to think before I speak, huh? I didn't realize that.

Also, Ifrit, just to kinda shoot down that train of thought you have, when I was replaced Rydia had to confirm it with her other self, making it take longer than just a few seconds, so this may be a reason it drew out the night, along with the problem of finding a replacement in the first place.

Also, I have a problem with Odin's explanation for saying he is Vanilla, because the Cult could recruit him now knowing that we don't suspect him now, and the reason we don't suspect him is because we do suspect him(Makes SOOOO much sense). Maybe he is already a Cultist trying to draw attention from himself... He seems to be using reverse psychology, making us think 1 way by using our previous thoughts.

[M] Adama
01-31-2010, 11:16 PM
I meant on who we think they would go after so they might not go after them.

[M] Adama
01-31-2010, 11:18 PM
Though more about Shiva, if she were a Nexus it would probably be impossible to recruit her since she probably bounces back anything.

[M] Apollo
02-01-2010, 12:53 AM
This is probably my only break in a long while. :( My only idea about why the Psychwhatever was mistaken is that maybe he is a bad one. Not as in scummy, but gets reverse results or something. While I would love to know his readings for last night, if we think he wasn't recruited or roleblocked, asking is detrimental right now. Maybe tomorrow, maybe the day after. But I do not know why the orange dud came up insane, but I do know he wasn't purple if that's what we're after.

[M] Felix
02-01-2010, 12:56 AM
Your Emperor-God had been waiting for this infidel to post, so that he could perhaps trip himself up further. However, the thread is dull and so in the interests of all of the children of Rydia having a good time, I am making this post now.
As for there being a cult and no mafia, that is certainly a plausible scenario but remember the first time we had a cult: the town was so focused on finding cult that the mafia was able to get victory. I don't want that to happen again, so I am keeping all the options open. There are plenty of reasons why the mafia's first two kills wouldn't have gone through (assuming Shiva is telling the truth and Alex wasn't the first kill).Ever since the Gods told me that there was a cult, I have been awaiting somebody to post this, and I knew whoever did would be one of the wicked brood. Wise words, and yet an attempt to cloud our judgement - the mark of the scum! This is an attempt to draw our gazes from the defilers using what is seen as conventional wisdom that cannot be contested.

And so after I saw the infidel had made this post, I took a little look into him. I have suspicions that he is the wicked leader who seeks to oppose us, my children.

Firstly, he was active on the first two days, and then slowed right down after that. I divine that it is because he has brainwashed more hoodlums into his horde, and has decided to take a back seat while they spread their vile lies in his place.

The gods have also told me to pay close attention to his interactions with Shiva.

Ok, the only thing keeping me from voting Shiva right now is that she didn't die on night 1, indicating that she might be a doctorI believe this blasphemer may have tried to recruit Shiva on Night 1. What happens when someone tries to brainwash a Nexus? Does the power merely "bounce off" onto some other poor soul, or is it just cancelled out? Either way, I believe Valefor is curious about as to why his attempts have failed, and seeks to probe out the true meaning behind Shiva.

He has not been an inactive, but has certainly slipped under many of the children of Rydia's radar. No longer can he hide from the righteous fury of the gods! The infidel must be purged!

##vote: Valefor

[M] Colette
02-01-2010, 12:57 AM
Carbuncle;2785085']Remember people, that just because Shiva was a Nexus Day 1, she may not be now. If she has been recruited by the cult she would lose her role most likely. She has still been acting very strange and that vote Titan is interesting. Also do not answer about who you think the Cult recruited.This may give them too much information on who would think so they would go after so they might not go after them. For now, let's focus on a possible Cult Leader.

I'm not going to explicitly ask the mechanics of the moderators' setup but I would assume that a Cult Leader targeting a Nexus would result in the Cult Leader adding a random other player to the Cult, similar to a Cop targeting a Nexus and getting a result that says some other random player is guilty/innocent. If Shiva is indeed a Nexus and we are indeed dealing with a Cult (which mostly likely is the case), then Shiva would be our "Invincible Townie" that couldn't be tainted.

[M] Colette
02-01-2010, 01:00 AM
It seems you and I are sort of on the same page, Ifrit. I can't say I share totally your evaluation of Valefor, however.

[M] Felix
02-01-2010, 01:14 AM
If you do not share my evaluation, Brother Bahamut, then I wish to be enlightened about your thoughts on the blasphemer.

[M] Colette
02-01-2010, 01:15 AM
Carbuncle, you have a horrible vote record up to this point, in my opinion. You may argue that voting for Chocobo on Day 2 was a good thing but that's exactly the type of excuse a baddy would use. Not asking you to return a statement concerning this; just making it known. I am also not saying I don't believe you. The Companion seems a likely role in this setup to me and your explained targets match up so far. :)

I'm also concerned over players that did not have a vote on the table at the end of Day 1, then did have a vote for Day 2. They would be: Anima, Diablo, Odin, Phoenix, Ramuh, and Siren. I consider all of them to be most likely to have been recruited already if there is a Cult.

[M] Colette
02-01-2010, 01:22 AM
I went back through and searched his posts and actually, the more I read into it, the more I do agree with your perspective... His voting record is about as bad as Carbuncle's if you count Shiva as a Town aligned player. Not to mention how he doesn't have the buffer of Carbuncle's roleclaim.

Hmm... I don't know. It seems a good argument, so I'll add to your vote for the time being. I'd like to hear something from him, though. Along with the list of players I just posted up there for not having votes on Day 1, then having votes on Day 2.

And :lol: at me calling Diablos Diablo in my previous post!

[M] Colette
02-01-2010, 01:23 AM
It would help if I vote when I say I'm going to vote! Durr.

## Vote: Valefor

[M] Elize
02-01-2010, 01:30 AM
Wow, that is a pretty strong arguement there, Ifrit. I think I will have to bandwagon, because everything else I have thought so far is just mad theories and possibilities.

[M] Elize
02-01-2010, 01:31 AM
And I too have forgotten to vote. What an idiot I am...

##Vote: Valefor

[M] Gaius
02-01-2010, 02:28 AM
Ifrit;2785105']
As for there being a cult and no mafia, that is certainly a plausible scenario but remember the first time we had a cult: the town was so focused on finding cult that the mafia was able to get victory. I don't want that to happen again, so I am keeping all the options open. There are plenty of reasons why the mafia's first two kills wouldn't have gone through (assuming Shiva is telling the truth and Alex wasn't the first kill).Ever since the Gods told me that there was a cult, I have been awaiting somebody to post this, and I knew whoever did would be one of the wicked brood. Wise words, and yet an attempt to cloud our judgement - the mark of the scum! This is an attempt to draw our gazes from the defilers using what is seen as conventional wisdom that cannot be contested.
Not true, I just didn't want to fall victim to the same traps that we fell for the last time this happened. I was on that losing team and I don't want to lose again. Unlike you I wasn't 100% sure that we have just a cult and no mafia. What made you so sure, anyway? Do you have some information we don't?

Firstly, he was active on the first two days, and then slowed right down after that. I divine that it is because he has brainwashed more hoodlums into his horde, and has decided to take a back seat while they spread their vile lies in his place.
I've been plenty active on all the days. When I have time to post, I post. I had a lot of time on Day 2 so I posted more on that day.

I believe this blasphemer may have tried to recruit Shiva on Night 1. What happens when someone tries to brainwash a Nexus? Does the power merely "bounce off" onto some other poor soul, or is it just cancelled out? Either way, I believe Valefor is curious about as to why his attempts have failed, and seeks to probe out the true meaning behind Shiva.
I don't even know what you are getting at here. I had suspicions of Shiva and stated them clearly in my other posts and that's all there is to it.

He has not been an inactive, but has certainly slipped under many of the children of Rydia's radar. No longer can he hide from the righteous fury of the gods! The infidel must be purged!
I really don't see how I'm under the radar when I've been plenty active, discussed, and voted for during the three days.

I question your sanity now Ifrit. Who is the person the town believes the most, and therefore the most likely to be recruited? Your actions have defintely gotten you to a revered position among the town. I'd say you are the person who was the most likely to be turned!

Please don't blindly follow Ifrit in a game where one person's goal could change on a day's notice. You have to think very carefully in this game.

[M] Anise
02-01-2010, 02:47 AM
Siren;2782891']
Bahamut;2782841']
Siren;2782833']I wasn't just talking about you being potentially mafia buddies.

I know that. I was justifying why I would be off the hook if Ifrit flipped town.

What I meant is you might not be mafia or town.

This post was made towards the end of day one, before any mentions of a third party.

Over the last few days, Siren's posts have been fairly consistent, but lacking any real depth or insight. To borrow from Diablos' argument against me:

Diablos;2784821']He posts just enough to stay out of our minds, without saying much. A good Cult Leader would choose someone like this. Actually, a good Cult Leader may act like this.

This is what I believe Siren is doing. I believe the Cult would have at least one person trying to fly under the radar, most probably the leader.

I would like to here some specifics from Siren - who do you think is Cult? What role claims do you believe?

Until then
##Vote: Siren

[M] Felix
02-01-2010, 02:48 AM
Not true, I just didn't want to fall victim to the same traps that we fell for the last time this happened. I was on that losing team and I don't want to lose again. Unlike you I wasn't 100% sure that we have just a cult and no mafia. What made you so sure, anyway? Do you have some information we don't?Yes, well of course you would not want the mafia to win, and of course you do not want to lose. Anyway, heathen, I do applaud your attempt to deflect your sins against the Gods onto me. What made the God-Emperor so sure? The answer to your question lies all over this thread, as I posted numerous times my theory and how it had been pieced together.

I've been plenty active on all the days. When I have time to post, I post. I had a lot of time on Day 2 so I posted more on that day.You have been active, thou heathen, when it has suited you and your dark purpose! Take yesterday. Myself and Lord Carbuncle wondered where you had gone, while discussing the cult and suddenly you appear to play down the looming threat such a group would cause!

You're not the most active, and you're not the least active. You strive for a happy medium, which is what any scum with half a brain would do. Yes, there are others in that situation too, and rest assured that they will not escape the gaze of Rydia forever. For now, though, her glorious eye is fixed firmly upon you.
I question your sanity now Ifrit.You would dare question the glorious Emperor-God?! Although I do have to note the use of the word "now", as for the last few days you have repeatedly said you believe my claim of who and what I am. And yet now you would turn on me, for uncovering your true nature! Heathen!

Who is the person the town believes the most, and therefore the most likely to be recruited? Your actions have defintely gotten you to a revered position among the town. I'd say you are the person who was the most likely to be turned!Of course the Emperor-God has a revered position. I am the messenger of Rydia on Earth. However, there have been plenty who have sought to usurp and supplant me. Look at dear Initiate Odin, for example. As for your accusations of being most likely to be turned, well, I wouldn't be surprised if you tried! ;)
Please don't blindly follow Ifrit in a game where one person's goal could change on a day's notice. You have to think very carefully in this game.SILENCE, HERETIC! The children of Rydia will follow their Emperor-God into the very fires of Chocobo's Dark Palace! They are free to leave the cause at any time they want, but they should also know their Emperor-God will lead them to the promised land!

[M] Anise
02-01-2010, 02:53 AM
PS I liked rhyming Ifrit better :(

[M] Gaius
02-01-2010, 02:58 AM
So now I'm suspect for being medium-active? Isn't that what most people in this game are? You're just being silly and grasping at straws now.

I know my 'showing up' when I was 'called out' looks suspicious but all I can say is that it is a coincidence. I don't scan this thread looking for my name, I just post when I come on. It's up to you if you believe me or not.

I question you 'now' because this has now become a game where someone's goals change one day to the next. Surprising you didn't figure that out for yourself, being a smart person that you are!

I don't want to vote for you because it is true that I haven't doubted you much from the beginning. But you have to admit you would be a fine prize for the cult, if not the finest. I can't help but be paranoid now.

[M] Adama
02-01-2010, 03:02 AM
On the flip side, I said before I find it interesting with Valefor's behavior. And I see why people are voting for him. He has become alot more of a lay low then he was before. He's not helping town as he was and not participating in much discussion possibly to not draw attention to himself. He did come out when people kept asking where he was. A few minutes after actually so it goes to show you that he was reading this thread most likely but not posting.

Leviathan seems a bit off the rader now as well. What do you think about this all Leviathan?

As for Siren, I'm not sure. She points out the possibility of a Mafia alot.

Anima is weird. Just comes in and votes and leaves. Not sure what's up with that, but I do find it good to point out.

[M] Adama
02-01-2010, 03:03 AM
Hm what happened to my other text. Another post coming up. :eep:

[M] Felix
02-01-2010, 03:11 AM
Sister Phoenix, do not despair. We could come up with some rhymes about the glory of St. Eiko together if you like.

As for the Infidel:

The Gods would say a third are mid-level, not most. But nice try at trying to say you are part of the masses! :greenie: The most active posters in this thread, as you were on Day One and Two, did not mysteriously slow their posting down later on, coinciding with the wicked forces of darkness growing in power.

I am not smart, heathen, I am merely the most holy! My objectives could well have changed at any point over the last four days, if your blasphemous belief that I could be a recruit is true. Yet you only claim they have done so 'now' after you have become the leading candidate to be cleansed in the heavenly fires. Why is this relevant? Well, you seem to view the Emperor-God as a grand prize. Something to take down with you into the fires of hell. A sort of wicked trophy. That is why you are trying to convince the faithful that I am like you.

[M] Adama
02-01-2010, 03:11 AM
Bahamut, my voting record is solid. Day 1 I voted for Alexander for being inactive and not contributing to anything because quite frankly I didn't have much else to go on, but I did think and still think that you are fishier than Ifrit. Day 2 I voted for Choboco which I must point out I was the probably the first one to realize that Choboco's behavior was odd and pointed out some oddities in some of his posts before voting for him. If I was a baddy/Cult member there would be no way of me knowing Chocobo was a serial killer so that destroys your theory right there. Day 3 I voted for Odin for reasons I have already explained a few pages back. And then unvoted and voted for Doomtrain because I thought his inability to want to read the thread and coming in and out without contributing anything was fishy. I also believed Titan's claim that he was insane, but I'm not a bit confused with that since it was revealed he was a dud and possibly was a bomb before. So there you go. I have all solid reasons for my votes.

Let's take a look at your voting record shall we? Bahamut, Day 1 you came out randomly voting for Ifrit for a stupid reason. You said because he annoyed you. The fact that you have the gall to get on me for having a bad voting record when your's is one of the worst in the game just makes me even more suspicious of you. Not to mention the fact that your Death Miller claim is the most suspicious one. You randomly claimed out of no where and revealed that you'd be guilty upon lynch. Interesting.

[M] Anise
02-01-2010, 03:14 AM
Anima has made eight (8) posts in the thread, assuming I can count correctly. Even a new player would have suspicions or thoughts on somebody.

[M] Aaron
02-01-2010, 03:22 AM
I do have suspicions!

First people be thinkin' that I be mafia and now people be trippin' and thinking I be in a cult! That's whack! LOL

[M] Gaius
02-01-2010, 03:23 AM
Ok you guys can do what you want with me. I'm not cult though. I truly don't have the time to get into this right now. I agree that my posting times look suspicious but it's just that: looks.

My role is Hag. If I die then the next night phase is skipped. So essentially you get a do over. And if you're nice I bet Rydia will give you 50 hours for that day. Then this game of mafia can be longer than the NBA playoffs. I'm pro-town, though, and I've been so all along.

I really think you guys should rethink the 'power' of this town: Ifrit, Titan, and Carbuncle. Why wouldn't the cult want to have such power? Titan most of all since he was outed on Day 1. Has he helped us at all? What was all that Dud nonsense? That's all I got for now.

<b>##Vote: Titan</b>

[M] Adama
02-01-2010, 03:38 AM
What color is the role Hag? :)

[M] Adama
02-01-2010, 03:39 AM
Also Valefor, you forgot to include Shiva in your 'power' list.

[M] Athena
02-01-2010, 03:42 AM
I've been helpful. The Dud turned out Insane when I investigated him. And I think it was beneficial that he's out since he hasn't been very helpful when he was around. I can find possible cult members when I investigate someone. The last person I happened to investigate turned out Sane, so I won't report who that person is. If I get lynched today, the Town will regret it.

[M] Colette
02-01-2010, 03:46 AM
Carbuncle;2785147']Let's take a look at your voting record shall we? Bahamut, Day 1 you came out randomly voting for Ifrit for a stupid reason. You said because he annoyed you. The fact that you have the gall to get on me for having a bad voting record when your's is one of the worst in the game just makes me even more suspicious of you. Not to mention the fact that your Death Miller claim is the most suspicious one. You randomly claimed out of no where and revealed that you'd be guilty upon lynch. Interesting.
Like I said, I (the replacement) wouldn't vote for a player simply on annoyance. The Bahamut account had a different persona behind it on that day. That's the only defense I have for that.
I wasn't getting on you about your vote record. I said it looked horrible to me, meaning that you've voted for dead people that are not Mafia or Cult. And I said I believed your claim thus far. You reacted just as I feared you would: in an attacking manner. It seems to me that you're letting emotion run your decisions rather than logic. I still believe you, anyway. :choc2:
I did not "randomly" claim. I already stated that I claimed in order to alert the Town in case I died and flipped "Mafia Goon" and caused unneeded confusion. Why is my claim the most suspicious one, in your opinion?
Valefor claims that his role is a Hag. The opposite of a Beloved Princess if I understand his claim correctly. Why roleclaim, Valefor?
On the subject of whether or not a supposed Cult could recruit power roles, I believe it would be yes. It appears that there are many irregular roles in this setup so if there is a Cult, it would seem more balanced to me that they would be able to recruit mostly anyone (besides a Nexus or Mafia member).
Also, the color of a role shouldn't matter, Carbuncle. Using color as an argument is the same as using Rydia's out-of-game moderation as evidence.

(Posted as my real account, sorry.) >.<

[M] Adama
02-01-2010, 03:47 AM
No the color argument is valid especially if you know the game I'm referring to in the discussion thread. Though this is an odd role so it may not matter in this case, but does in others. I can use anything someone says in this thread as a strategy of seeing if they are guilty. This includes the roles they claim and how they claim them which DOES include color.

[M] Colette
02-01-2010, 03:50 AM
I'm still a Death Miller, though, Carbuncle.

[M] Adama
02-01-2010, 03:50 AM
Bahamut you realize that you voted for dead who are not Mafia or Cult either? So what are you even getting at? :p

[M] Colette
02-01-2010, 03:53 AM
I do see that 1 of 3 of the players I voted for are dead (and he was a baddy).

What are you trying to prove?

[M] Adama
02-01-2010, 03:58 AM
Well I also voted for a baddy so there you go. You're bringing up points against me when you've done similar or worse things. You're too busy trying to condemn people like me and too blind to see the real fishies. There is only two possible reasons for this. You're guilty and this would explain all the suspicious things you've been doing since Day 1. Or you're just not willing to come up with some good reasoning to anything.

[M] Adama
02-01-2010, 04:04 AM
Anima;2785150']I do have suspicions!

First people be thinkin' that I be mafia and now people be trippin' and thinking I be in a cult! That's whack! LOL

Anima explain please. What are your suspicious and why are you so inactive and random?

[M] Colette
02-01-2010, 04:09 AM
I have voted for one confirmed baddy, yes. You, Carbuncle, have also voted for one confirmed baddy; however, the others you have voted for were confirmed Town (assuming a Dud is Town aligned). Not to mention that all 3 of them are now dead. Simply pointing out that your voting record looks horrible. That's all.

And I still believe your claim. I do hope you understand that I'm making a point to keep you (and others) talking. This is not about me disagreeing with you completely and calling you out as a baddy.

[M] Elize
02-01-2010, 04:09 AM
Bahamut;2785171']I'm still a Death Miller, though, Carbuncle.

A Death Miller should be Green and Red, not Blue and Yellow.

[M] Anise
02-01-2010, 04:13 AM
He's proving the fallacies of the color argument.

[M] Colette
02-01-2010, 04:14 AM
Valefor;2785153']My role is Hag. If I die then the next night phase is skipped. So essentially you get a do over.

Going back to this... If Valefor dies, then a supposed Cult would have no chance to gain members between the following two lynches. However, all other night actions would also be skipped due to jumping straight into the next day. Curse or blessing, all?

[M] Anise
02-01-2010, 04:15 AM
Anima;2785150']I do have suspicions!

Yeah my suspicion is now on you. We start to call you out, and here you are. Still, you're not saying anything useful.

If you're not willing to share your ideas with us then you're obviously trying to be counter-productive and that doesn't sit well with me.

[M] Adama
02-01-2010, 04:15 AM
Bahamut;2785178']I have voted for one confirmed baddy, yes. You, Carbuncle, have also voted for one confirmed baddy; however, the others you have voted for were confirmed Town (assuming a Dud is Town aligned). Not to mention that all 3 of them are now dead. Simply pointing out that your voting record looks horrible. That's all.

And I still believe your claim. I do hope you understand that I'm making a point to keep you (and others) talking. This is not about me disagreeing with you completely and calling you out as a baddy.

Even though you agreed with me you still felt the need to say that you think I have a bad voting record despite you having a bad voting record and on top of that some of the most piss poor reasonings of this game. It doesn't matter if you're a replacement. I'm not going to overlook what character Bahamut did before because someone else was playing him. This does not make you less fishy.

[M] Colette
02-01-2010, 04:16 AM
Phoenix;2785180']He's proving the fallacies of the color argument.

I'm not proving anything because no one except me knows for sure whether I'm a Death Miller or not!

[M] Felix
02-01-2010, 04:18 AM
I believe that if Valefor is a child of Rydia, and is a Hag as he says, then it is still a bad thing if he dies. However, a loss of the night phase is a good thing. Not enough to wish to deliberately cleanse an innocent.

[M] Anise
02-01-2010, 04:18 AM
Bahamut;2785181']Curse or blessing, all?

If Valefor's role claim is correct, then you're lynching a townie. Preventing the Cult recruiting is obviously a benefit, but you're also preventing Titan from finding the Cult.

So basically, the only thing it does is kill Valefor.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
02-01-2010, 04:20 AM
Carbuncle;2785142']As for Siren, I'm not sure. She points out the possibility of a Mafia a lot.

With no night kill again, I'm starting to really doubt there is one.

[M] Anise
02-01-2010, 04:21 AM
Bahamut;2785185']
Phoenix;2785180']He's proving the fallacies of the color argument.

I'm not proving anything because no one except me knows for sure whether I'm a Death Miller or not!

Whether you're a Death Miller or not is irrelevant to the argument. You could say you're a Jailkeeper, Mafia Goon or even a damn Cultist. The point is, the color of the role doesn't change its characteristics. The actual role explanation is the most important thing.

[M] Colette
02-01-2010, 04:22 AM
Carbuncle;2785183']Even though you agreed with me you still felt the need to say that you think I have a bad voting record despite you having a bad voting record and on top of that some of the most piss poor reasonings of this game. It doesn't matter if you're a replacement. I'm not going to overlook what character Bahamut did before because someone else was playing him. This does not make you less fishy.

Good, it shouldn't matter. I agree. I would just like everyone to keep in mind that there was a different mind behind this body the first day, no big deal.

I still fail to see how I have a "bad" voting record though. :)

I agree on the ideas already stated by Ifrit and Phoenix about the Hag role. Consider this, however: if Titan has been recruited by a supposed Cult (or any Town aligned role with a night action), their night action simply aids the supposed Cult, correct?

[M] Adama
02-01-2010, 04:26 AM
Bahamut;2785067'] , going back to Titan investigating me, I'd much rather not since I'm Town aligned anyway. Like I've said before, Town players' night actions directed toward me are wasting time for the Town.
You realize this is the same silly thing Shiva said even though the Nexus thing makes sense, you realize this is the same silly thing Shiva said. Saying you preferred if Titan didn't investigate you is one of the fishiest things you could say regardless of whether your flimsy claim is true.

Bahamut;2785067'] it also be said again that the only roles to be believed outright are the roles of the players who have died so far.
You are contradicting yourself. First you say you say this then you say that you believe my role claim. You just spout out a crock of contradictions and love to point the finger without any means of any solid reasoning at all.

[M] Adama
02-01-2010, 04:28 AM
The color of the role does matter when it's not entirely made up. Most hosts have used the same colors for every game I think. If I said I was a Townie with red lettering that wouldn't make sense.

[M] Felix
02-01-2010, 04:29 AM
The God-Emperor requests that the Children of Rydia furnish him with a vote count.

(please :))

[M] Anise
02-01-2010, 04:35 AM
I'm pretty sure it's

Valefor (3): Diablos, Bahamut, Ifrit
Siren (1): Phoenix
Titan (1): Valefor

[M] Caprica
02-01-2010, 04:35 AM
Sorry I've been away, been busy all day. :(

Back with a real post in a minute. Gotta read a little more

[M] Colette
02-01-2010, 04:36 AM
Okay. Assuming Shiva is a Nexus (which I do), any Town aligned role that targets her will randomly target another player. A Town aligned player that does so will still learn something though it would not be what they intended to learn in the beginning. If a Town aligned player targets me, then they're wasting their time because I've already told you my role. It's up to each player to discern whether I'm lying or not but, from my perspective, they have nothing to learn from it. If something can be learned from a Town aligned player targeting me, please enlighten me.

We've already been over a Gunsmith. I would not have a gun.
A Watcher role could target me to possibly find another player with a night action that targets me. Unlikely.
If Titan targets me, then I would like to think I'd return a Sane result because I have yet to be recruited by a supposed Cult.
Cops will find me guilty.

Shiva also voted for Titan. That makes it...

Siren - 1
Titan - 2
Valefor - 3

[M] Aaron
02-01-2010, 04:44 AM
I don't even think there is a mafia... The only people dying are dying by lynching!!!

This game is total whack!

[M] Anise
02-01-2010, 04:52 AM
Anima;2785206']I don't even think there is a mafia... The only people dying are dying by lynching!!!

##Unvote: [M] Siren
##Vote: [M] Anima

You're real fishy. I don't like it at all. We've already long discussed the idea that there is no mafia in this game.

[M] Elize
02-01-2010, 04:52 AM
Anima;2785206']I don't even think there is a mafia... The only people dying are dying by lynching!!!

Wow, this summon is a genius. I can't belive I didn't think of that!

[M] Colette
02-01-2010, 04:55 AM
Siren and Anima, since you're around... What do you guys think of what's going on right now?

Valefor has claimed to be a Hag, a role that if killed will cause the following night to be skipped if what Valefor says is true, I think.

Doomtrain was supposedly investigated by Titan who got an Insane result on him, but when Doomtrain was lynched he was revealed to be a Dud (most likely a Town aligned role that believes he is a Bomb).

Carbuncle claims to be a Companion, a role that acts as a Jailkeeper (meaning he can protect and roleblock one player per night).

Shiva claims to be a Nexus.

Ifrit claims to be a Melodramatic Townie and also outed the Serial Killer.

I, Bahamut, claim to be a Death Miller, stating that I will be found guilty if investigated by a Cop and revealed as a "Mafia Goon" if I die.

Just a reminder, the day is scheduled to end at ~ 8:40 PM EST. We have plenty of time left in the day and I'm about to head to bed soon.

[M] Aaron
02-01-2010, 04:59 AM
Gosh! This game is so hard to keep up with! It's like so effing confusing! and like, everyone keeps hating on me! I thought this game was supposed to be about mafia and townspeople but now cults are added into the mix and then I saw that I had a PM and I'm a Jester!

... I honestly can't keep up! T_T

[M] Colette
02-01-2010, 05:00 AM
Why would you say you're a Jester, Anima?

[M] Aaron
02-01-2010, 05:01 AM
Bahamut;2785211']Siren and Anima, since you're around... What do you guys think of what's going on right now?

Valefor has claimed to be a Hag, a role that if killed will cause the following night to be skipped if what Valefor says is true, I think.

Doomtrain was supposedly investigated by Titan who got an Insane result on him, but when Doomtrain was lynched he was revealed to be a Dud (most likely a Town aligned role that believes he is a Bomb).

Carbuncle claims to be a Companion, a role that acts as a Jailkeeper (meaning he can protect and roleblock one player per night).

Shiva claims to be a Nexus.

Ifrit claims to be a Melodramatic Townie and also outed the Serial Killer.

I, Bahamut, claim to be a Death Miller, stating that I will be found guilty if investigated by a Cop and revealed as a "Mafia Goon" if I die.

Just a reminder, the day is scheduled to end at ~ 8:40 PM EST. We have plenty of time left in the day and I'm about to head to bed soon.

I don't even know what a Hag, a bomb, or duds are! Someone explain to me since this is my first time playing!

[M] Aaron
02-01-2010, 05:01 AM
Bahamut;2785213']Why would you say you're a Jester, Anima?

I had a PM that said I was..

[M] Caprica
02-01-2010, 05:02 AM
:|

[M] Athena
02-01-2010, 05:03 AM
So we have ourselves a first-timer with Anima?

[M] Aaron
02-01-2010, 05:04 AM
so what are they?

[M] Anise
02-01-2010, 05:06 AM
You know what, fuck this. I don't believe you're a newbie. I think you're cult trying to hide. My vote stays.

[M] Athena
02-01-2010, 05:07 AM
Read the discussions thread, click on the pictures on the first post. They will lead you to a flash that will help explain the roles to you.

[M] Elize
02-01-2010, 05:10 AM
I don't believe Anima is a Jester. I think he is a cultist trying to say he is a jester so he isn't lynched.

[M] Felix
02-01-2010, 05:12 AM
KILL ALL JESTERS! JESTERS ARE HERETICS AND BLASPHEMERS!

##unvote ##vote: Anima

[M] Aaron
02-01-2010, 05:12 AM
Titan;2785222']Read the discussions thread, click on the pictures on the first post. They will lead you to a flash that will help explain the roles to you.

Oh, thank you. I know how to play already because we learned how to play this game in school but I never played on a forum

[M] Athena
02-01-2010, 05:14 AM
Though you won't likely find the roles you have listed as not knowing about there, so sorry about that.

[M] Felix
02-01-2010, 05:16 AM
You know, when I think about it, I do think it could be a vile heretic faking jester...but not to hide. Perhaps it is to buy Valefor one more day to brainwash innocent Children of Rydia! Sacrificing itself for its blasphemous leader!

[M] Colette
02-01-2010, 05:20 AM
Anima, I'll try my best to explain the roles of everyone that's claimed so far to the best of my ability. I suggest you look through the Flash setup in the Mafia XIV Sign-up and Discussion thread, also. It's very informative. It's also extremely late in the game to be asking for help and explanations. You should have done your homework. :(

A Hag is a supposed newly-created role for this setup of the game. If the Hag dies, the following night cycle is skipped and we continue into the next day cycle. I assume the Hag is Town aligned.

A Dud is also a newly-created role for this setup. We're assuming, I think, that the Dud believes he is a Bomb but actually has no power. The Dud is presumably Town aligned.

A Bomb is usually a role that, if lynched, will kill the last player to vote for them. Bombs are usually Town aligned.

A Companion is another supposed newly-created role that can protect and roleblock one player at night. This means that the targeted player cannot use his/her night action if they have one but that they are also protected from night kills by Mafia or a Serial Killer or what have you. A Companion would most likely be Town aligned.

A Nexus is a role that diverts all night actions directed at them onto other players. A Nexus is Town aligned.

A Melodramatic Townie's role is very, very unclear. From what Ifrit has stated, he supposedly can use a random night action each night and this is most likely only if he posts in a certain style during the day. The role would presumably be Town aligned.

A Death Miller is a role that is essentially a normal Vanilla Townie except for the fact that, if investigated by a Cop, he will be found guilty. Also, upon a Death Miller's death, he will be revealed as a Mafia Goon and it will not be explained until the end of the game that he was actually a Death Miller. Death Millers are Town aligned.

As for your supposed role, Anima, a Jester wins only if he is lynched during the day. Jesters usually use tactics to wheedle the other players into lynching them without telling them that they are Jesters.

I find the role of Jester very overpowered if there is indeed no Mafia in this setup. However, I guess the Jester could possibly be recruited by Cult... Meaning that you could be telling the truth about your PM and that it's your first time playing and you don't understand fully. It still doesn't clear that you're not currently a Cult Member to me, however. :)

If I find out I typed all that up for you for no reason, I will hit you with a trout when this is all said and done. :choc2:

[M] Aaron
02-01-2010, 05:26 AM
This really is my first time playing this game online so thank you a lot for that. :)

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
02-01-2010, 05:29 AM
You know, given how I am technically Odin, there should be nothing stopping me from cutting every god damned one of you in half.

Anime is not a damned Jester. He is crazy. He's a certified Lunatic, and at this point Ifrit's Idea that it's a diversion or my theory Bahamut is the leader are the two best leads I say exist.

So, I'll toss my lot at Valefor, take a nap, and hope to god we have managed to accomplish something.

I say we ignore Anima completely until a cult leader is lynched, otherwise we waste precious little time.

##vote: Valefor

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
02-01-2010, 05:30 AM
Damn it I spelled it Anime, not Anima. BAHHH! ;P

[M] Adama
02-01-2010, 05:32 AM
Anima;2785212']Gosh! This game is so hard to keep up with! It's like so effing confusing! and like, everyone keeps hating on me! I thought this game was supposed to be about mafia and townspeople but now cults are added into the mix and then I saw that I had a PM and I'm a Jester!

... I honestly can't keep up! T_T

FACEPALM

[M] Athena
02-01-2010, 05:33 AM
I completely agree that we should ignore Anima until we know more.

[M] Felix
02-01-2010, 05:39 AM
##unvote ##vote: Valefor

:shobon:

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
02-01-2010, 05:40 AM
And hope he isn't the cult leader.

[M] Aaron
02-01-2010, 05:44 AM
This game is making a little more sense now but it's really weird having a game of mafia without mafia... How does town win?