PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of colored light bulbs?

KentaRawr!
01-27-2010, 03:15 PM
You know, those light-bulbs that come in different colors? My brother bought one of those once. It didn't really make the room look any different, except if you put your hand pretty close to it, there were funny colors.

What about you?

Psychotic
01-27-2010, 03:31 PM
I rate them a C+

~*~Celes~*~
01-27-2010, 03:38 PM
I've always wanted one but if they don't actually change the color of your room, that's kind of boring :(

LunarWeaver
01-27-2010, 04:36 PM
I wish light bulbs really did pop above a person's head when a particularly good idea strikes them. I also wish these were colored, depending on the thought. Oh, I'm dreaming again and not answering the thread. I'll say they're fine in a "they're fine" kind of way. I give them a B- just to be ahead of Psychotic.

rubah
01-27-2010, 05:55 PM
My sister had a black light when I was young and she still lived at home. One day, she borrowed my special glow in the dark crayons, and gave them back all used and short. I was pretty mad, but she told me she had used it to write on the walls of her room so it would only show up under black light.

She only let me in once to see it lit up, and I stared around in wonder, admiring the majesty.

Turns out later they were all cuss words and marilyn manson lyrics. It was less cool when I was scrubbing them off with my mom while she screeched 'don't read them!!1'

Later, I felt proud when my parents hung my art up on the walls in there. Recently I realized that was to hide the remainder we didn't scrub off.

Aerith's Knight
01-27-2010, 08:49 PM
I've build my own multicolor LED light in my apartment, and it works pretty well, looks good too, I build a control system to separately control the amount of power flowing towards any of the LEDs, so that you can basically make any sort of light, pretty cool.

I give it a B+

theundeadhero
01-27-2010, 09:59 PM
I used to have a green light bulb in my room for when I was rocking out. It wasn't as cool as I could have hoped.

B

Tofu Rocket
01-27-2010, 10:51 PM
stained glass bulbs ... Æ +

NorthernChaosGod
01-27-2010, 11:37 PM
I only know about black lights, but those are pretty cool for a novelty.

qwertysaur
01-27-2010, 11:46 PM
they are OK

Raistlin
01-28-2010, 01:36 AM
What's the point, exactly? I know black lights can be entertaining, but I don't understand the novelty of random other colors.

KentaRawr!
01-28-2010, 02:07 AM
What's the point, exactly? I know black lights can be entertaining, but I don't understand the novelty of random other colors.

Switching the moood.

Moon Rabbits
01-28-2010, 03:29 AM
I am neither here nor there about coloured lightbulbs.

Throw the lightbulbs in a thing that revolves or strobes or shoots lasers then yes I totally love them. BLACKLIGHTSssssssssss< 3

AntRid
01-28-2010, 03:42 AM
I had a blue light once but I couldn’t tell if it made a difference since I had blue walls.

BardTard
01-28-2010, 02:15 PM
I like colors :D Unfortunately I've never owned a color light bulb. :( Just a blacklight that eventually broke.