PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Quotes

I Don't Need A Name
01-27-2010, 03:15 PM
I don't mean from movies or anything.
What are your favourite, somewhat philosophical, QUOTATION?
Mine would have to be 'People will continue to commit atrocities as long as they believe in absurdities' - Voltaire.

Rantz
01-27-2010, 03:53 PM
"Love is the most beautiful things of the world. Where love there no war. If you dream peaceful planet then there are no alternate way without love.
I m love, my love changed fully all everything even myself before i wasn't." (http://forums.eyesonff.com/eyes-each-other/128071-what-love-2.html#post2774283)

LunarWeaver
01-27-2010, 04:25 PM
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking." ~ A.A.Milne

"I Googled 'best quotes' until I found one I liked." ~ Noctiluca

BarelySeeAtAll
01-28-2010, 07:12 PM
I don't mean from movies or anything.
What are your favourite, somewhat philosophical, quotes?
Mine would have to be 'People will continue to commit atrocities as long as they believe in absurdities' - Voltaire.

If I could be bothered to find it on the net I would, but "Voltaire"? Recognisable: French philosopher-enlightenment-person from French Revolution or am I indeed wrong? :confused:

Mine actually IS from a book but since you're going all phil on us:
"Always remember others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself" OR "Speak when you are angry--and you will make the best speech you'll ever regret" I know they aren't exactly philosophical but eh..

I Don't Need A Name
01-28-2010, 07:31 PM
Yes, yes he is

Jessweeee♪
01-30-2010, 03:18 AM
“Your chances of getting struck by lightning go up if you stand under a tree, shake your fist at the sky, and say 'Storms suck!'” - Johnny Carson

Mogi
01-30-2010, 03:21 AM
"Those who speak do not know; those who know do not speak."

I like it because I'm shy and anti-social. I don't know who said it.

Also, did you know that the word "quote" is actually a verb, "quotation" being the noun form? Most people use "quote" as a shortened form of "quotation," and it's slightly mistaken because it's used so often.

Just sayin'

I Don't Need A Name
01-31-2010, 10:40 PM
Sorry Mogi!
'War does not determine who is right. Only who is left.'

Cuchulainn
01-31-2010, 11:08 PM
"Think you're escaping and run into yourself. Longest way round is the shortest way home." James Joyce

Croyles
02-04-2010, 05:19 AM
I seem to be using "You can not fill a cup thats already full" a lot recently. You know, for people who think they already have the whole world figured out.