PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a Final Fantasy Idol game...

SuperMillionaire
01-27-2010, 09:19 PM
I want to make an American Idol-style singing competition featuring Final Fantasy characters, but I need help with it.

I need 24 semi-finalists: 12 males and 12 females, to form a top 12 group made up of 6 males and 6 females.

Here are the semi-finalists I have chosen so far:
Males: Cecil, Locke, Cloud, Squall, Zidane, and Tidus
Females: Rosa, Celes, Tifa, Rinoa, Garnet, and Yuna

I need 6 more males and 6 more females. And please tell me the games in which the characters originated.

To make the game faster-paced, I will shorten the semi-finals to just one round, cutting 6 and 6 to form the final 12, and then eliminate two singers (one male and one female) per finalist round (similar in format to So You Think You Can Dance)

Also, I need a host (similar in style to Ryan Seacrest) and three judges (I will not include a Kara DioGuardi counterpart; I only want counterparts for Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul, and Randy Jackson).

Also, in what sub-forum should I put the game in? Please help, thank you!

NorthernChaosGod
01-27-2010, 10:44 PM
Um.... how the hell are they actually going to compete?

SuperMillionaire
01-28-2010, 02:31 AM
They're gonna sing songs...

Shiny
01-28-2010, 02:44 AM
You should put the game in Wonder Square. And this should go in General Final Fantasy.

KentaRawr!
01-28-2010, 02:45 AM
Final Fantasy IDOL. Duh.

qwertysaur
01-28-2010, 02:56 AM
Females
Terra, Beatrix, Queen Bhrane, Shantotto, Lani, Ashe, Fran, Barbaccia, Siren, Rydia, Hal, Luca, Edea, Scarlet.

Males
Edgar, Edward, Setzer, Balthier, Cid of the Lufaine, Cid, Cid Haze, Cid Pollendina, Cid Previa, Cid Del Norte Marquez, Cid Highwind, Cid Kramer, Regent Cid Fabool IX, Cid, Cid, Dr. Cid, Cid Raines, T.G. Cid, Cid Randell, Cid, Mogcid, Cid, Cid, Dr. Sid, Blank, Cinna, Marcus, Auron, Adel (She counts as a man :p), Pupu, Rubicante, A Marlboro, and one of the Onion kids :p

PuPu
01-28-2010, 03:05 AM
I'm pretty sure Yuna would win.

Kyros
01-28-2010, 04:13 AM
I vote Julia from FFVIII as the winner.

AntRid
01-28-2010, 04:30 AM
I assume you missed out Rikku from FFX and FFX-2 because she is too good?

SuperMillionaire
01-28-2010, 07:48 PM
I also need a host and three judges that mimic the styles of Randy, Paula, and Simon.

DarkMateria
01-29-2010, 12:35 AM
I'm pretty sure Yuna would win.
I think celes could take her, opera and pop are on different levels.

SuperMillionaire
01-29-2010, 07:44 PM
The competition hasn't begun yet, so there's no need to vote yet. We don't even have a host and judges yet.

Mercen-X
02-03-2010, 05:58 PM
I need 24 semi-finalists: 12 males and 12 females, to form a top 12 group made up of 6 males and 6 females.

I need 6 more males and 6 more females. And please tell me the games in which the characters originated.

To make the game faster-paced, I will shorten the semi-finals to just one round, cutting 6 and 6 to form the final 12, and then eliminate two singers (one male and one female) per finalist round (similar in format to So You Think You Can Dance)

Also, I need a host (similar in style to Ryan Seacrest) and three judges (I will include counterparts for Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul, and Randy Jackson).F1rst a question: WHY the hell do you really need 24. Can't 12 be enough?

Cid (the name which appears the absolute most often throughout the franchise) should definitely be the host. Likely the same narrator for Dissidia: Cid of the Lufaine. I would suggest Barret or Raijin to counter Randy. If Edea's not a singer in the comp, she could take Abdul's seat.
I don't know about Locke, but Cloud and Squall would definitely lose a singing comp. "We've got no spirit, no we don't." Might as well add the pirate captain Bikke, or Prince of Elfheim, or one of the Circle of Sages, or even Sage Sarda from Final Fantasy I to the lineup.
Maybe Kuja, if you don't make "him" a judge (countering Cowell).
For girls, I'd agree on Terra, Beatrix, Ashe, Fran, Siren, Edea, and I've never heard her because I've never played XI and haven't seen her in Dissidia yet, but Shantotto. Also from XI, Prishe*, Cornelia, Lady Lilith*, Lilisette*, Verena, Princess Claidie, Ulmia, or Semih Lafihna. Naturally, I just pulled all of that of a wiki.
Arylon, Princess Sarah, and Queen Jayne from FF1.
Ifalna and Aeris from FF7. Also Shera, Elena, and Jessie.
Then there's Yuna's counterpart Lenne, Lulu and possibly Rikku, Paine, and Leblanc.

SuperMillionaire
02-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Cid of the Lufaine can be a narrator, but he doesn't act like Ryan Seacrest, so I need one who does.

I think Barret could be Randy, but Auron would probably make a better Simon. As for a Paula counterpart, I still don't know. Some of your contestant suggestions are interesting, though, and I'll take them into consideration.

Mercen-X
02-06-2010, 07:16 PM
I'm pretty sure Jessie could fit in Paula's seat.

blackmage_nuke
02-07-2010, 01:33 AM
Is this going to be like your final fantasy Biggest Loser thread?

SuperMillionaire
02-07-2010, 05:28 AM
I'm pretty sure Jessie could fit in Paula's seat.
You mean Jessie from Final Fantasy VII?

Is this going to be like your final fantasy Biggest Loser thread?

Well, the new season of American Idol is coming up, and I hope I can get this project into production soon. I'm still working on gameplay mechanics.

blackmage_nuke
02-07-2010, 07:36 AM
I mean are you going to badger everyone for a few months then not do anything

SuperMillionaire
02-07-2010, 04:41 PM
I don't want to do that... I hope I can get this game up and running by the time the Hollywood voting round begins.

SuperMillionaire
03-02-2010, 10:29 PM
UPDATE:

I will slash the number of finalists down to 10, like the first season of Idol, dropping Squall and Rinoa of VIII. The aforementioned male and female contestants from IV, VI, VII, IX, and X remain.

The host will be Rin (X) as Ryan, and the judges are Auron (X) as Simon, Esther (VII) as Paula, and Barret (VII) as Randy. Additional narration will be done by Cid of the Lufaine. Cornelia Castle will host the event.

Each week, the contestants will sing cover songs from various real-world artists, ranging from dance-pop to hard rock. All songs MUST be in English. More information will be revealed soon.