PDA

View Full Version : One of the few things that disapointed me (Vincent related)

MJN SEIFER
01-29-2010, 07:23 PM
Is that having Vincent in your team never altered any of your encounters with the Turks in anyway. I realize Vincent is an optional character, and that his main storyline is connected to Hojo more than anyone else connected to Shinra, but I just thought that seeing as that Vincent is a Turk, the other Turks should have atleast commented on the fact that he was betraying them or something (like how President Shinra coments on Cloud being a "traitor" because he's with Avalanche now).

Thoughts?

Roogle
01-29-2010, 08:32 PM
The developers did not put in many scenarios for Yuffie and Vincent because of their status as optional characters as you mentioned. I would like to see this changed and their stories intertwined seamlessly with the rest of the cast in a potential remake.

Do you think that the current generation of Turks would know who Vincent is since he was from several generations prior and had not aged since his disappearance?

Bolivar
01-30-2010, 06:59 PM
They probably wouldn't know him personally, but they may know "of" him or a certain look about him, or his mannerisms.

I really would have liked to have seen it as well, MJN, good point!

Raistlin
01-30-2010, 08:03 PM
Considering Vincent was a Turk likely before any of the current Turks were even born, it's not so surprising.

However, one of my main criticisms of FF7's story is the fact that Hojo was not utilized better, and Vincent certainly would have played a part in that development.

PeneloRatsbane
02-01-2010, 02:31 PM
Vincent didn't seem like a very good turk anyway, he just went to sleep under trees and behaved really innappropriately with the people he was assigned to protect. Get involved with all there business and trying to tell them what to do with their own kid. Granted they probably should have listened but still, wasn't very professional of him.

Mercen-X
02-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Dirge... I want to know more about Grimoire Valentine. He looked like an older version of the Vincent we know and love (complete with gun).

Raistlin
02-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Get involved with all there business and trying to tell them what to do with their own kid. Granted they probably should have listened but still, wasn't very professional of him.

Yeah, that "don't torture and experiment on some innocent baby" attitude of his is just SO nosy.

PeneloRatsbane
02-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Yeah, that "don't torture and experiment on some innocent baby" attitude of his is just SO nosy.

Lol

But yeah, I'd like to see more of Grimoire, you just know he was tapping Lucrecia before Hojo got his grubby mits on her and Vincent started fawning over her.

MVP
02-02-2010, 03:31 AM
Yeah I wish they had, sucks that they didn't.

BG-57
02-02-2010, 12:25 PM
Vincent does get some nice dialogue if you take him with you to confront Hojo on the Sister Ray (Barrett is the other must-have of course).

FaithWontFall
02-07-2010, 03:19 PM
On topic of Vincent, has anyone seen him kick Aerith? (this could also be considered unprofessional i suppose) Is it just a rumour?
Was he even a Turk for that long anyway?

Raistlin
02-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Vincent stopped being a Turk not long after Sephiroth was born (when Hojo experimented on him), which would be well before Aerith was born.

Mo-Nercy
02-08-2010, 06:12 AM
I never liked his shoes.

PeneloRatsbane
02-08-2010, 02:31 PM
i know, his shoes were silly. It always annoyed me that he didn't get changed out of those skanky clothes he'd been asleep in for 30 year. he must have stunk

Masamunemaster
02-11-2010, 08:38 PM
they always reminded me of goofys shoes lol

Mercen-X
02-16-2010, 05:19 PM
He's now existed for 60 years. He's been wearing the same outfit for 3 consecutive years (that we are physically aware of. Who knows if he perhaps changed his clothes sometime before the events of the game?) Obviously, since we see Vincent still wearing the same red trash in both Advent and Dirge, the creators would like us to believe he's never going to change. Yuck. Does he at least shower?

PeneloRatsbane
02-16-2010, 11:32 PM
He's now existed for 60 years. He's been wearing the same outfit for 3 consecutive years (that we are physically aware of. Who knows if he perhaps changed his clothes sometime before the events of the game?) Obviously, since we see Vincent still wearing the same red trash in both Advent and Dirge, the creators would like us to believe he's never going to change. Yuck. Does he at least shower?

I don't think he does. How come his hair grew tonnes but his chin is completely hairless. Did Hojo kill him before he hit puberty or something?

Tokimadoushi
02-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Cloud didn't change his outfit for 5 years...Barret just ditched his shirt, and Cid never changed after the rocket incident either (perhaps he wanted to keep its smell on him).

People in Final Fantasy just DON'T change their clothes...even when they're pregnant (ahem, Lulu FFX).

Mercen-X
02-23-2010, 05:54 PM
1. Cloud (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eiWTp540Sw&NR=1) had a distinct reason to be attached to his outfit. 2. We have no proof he never changed at least for a second while Tifa washed it for him. 3. Cid's outfit only exists for at most a few weeks in-game time. 4. At least characters from Spira have a good reason to wear the same outfits consistently: I doubt they have much in the way of fashion designers to nag them into wearing new clothes everyday. The closest thing they've got to changing clothes is the Garment Grid.

PeneloRatsbane
02-24-2010, 12:36 PM
I was suprised Lulu's baby wasn't flat when it came out. I mean corsets are not exactly going to be healthy for the baby. It was just flat out laziness that they didn't give Lu another outfit but Paine, Yuna and Rikku had loads.

Just kidding about Vince really but he hasn't washed in 30 years, hes been asleep in a basement, he's got to stink. Plus it doesn't explain the absence of a massive beard cos his hair still grew