PDA

View Full Version : >> Compilation of Final Fantasy VIII..

black orb
01-30-2010, 01:17 AM
>>> Lets say Squarenix decide to make a FF8 compilation just like FF7..
What would you like to see?
A sequel game, a prequel game or a movie?

>>> Personally I would like prequel game with Laguna as main character, the story/plot? I dont know really, Im not a FF8 expert..:luca:

Rantz
01-30-2010, 02:28 AM
I would play a game based on the legend of Hyne, or something concerning the Centra civilisation. I wouldn't mind a Laguna prequel either, though. ;)

Jessweeee♪
01-30-2010, 04:32 AM
I don't think there's really enough for a sequel or a prequel. Maybe if it was in movie form. If something had to be done with this game, I think the best option would be a remake. A PSP remake would be pretty cool. I certainly wouldn't complain about a snazzy current gen super pretty remake, either. I think FFVIII had the prettiest spells.

Mogi
01-30-2010, 04:37 AM
I think a futuristic game with Ulty as the protagonist would be awesome. Switch it up and give her a nice motive and some neat character attributes. Make us identify with her. Make us love her. Make us feel sorry for hating her to begin with.

McLovin'
01-30-2010, 07:33 AM
Just a remake.

Xardrick
01-30-2010, 08:33 AM
I would like a movie, like AC.

Roogle
01-30-2010, 03:00 PM
There is a reason that the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII has been nicknamed the Complication of Final Fantasy VII. Without giving the people what they want to see and delving into background stories, the games in the series will seem tacked on and low budget rather than informative and meant to be played on the go. I figure that it could be easily differentiated from the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII if the Compilation of Final Fantasy VIII had a next generation role-playing game as one of its titles. Maybe a remake, as Jessweeee♪ mentioned, or a sequel, as Mogi mentioned, would be the best way to start out with a bang.

Bolivar
01-30-2010, 07:01 PM
hehe, it would make the haters go crazy, but no, I don't think it really needs one.

A remake with smoother character models, faster battle framerate, and maybe real 3d backgrounds would be awesome, but my FFVIII plays fine on my PS3/PSP as it is.

Wolf Kanno
01-30-2010, 10:34 PM
While I feel that VIII has the most potential for sequel material on the basis that its one of the least developed worlds from the modern FF series, I feel that if the Compilation of VII is any indication of how it would be handled then I doubt I would get any of the answers I wanted. Not to mention that Time Travel already is a screwy plot device that mucks up continuity and causes major retcon problems that I feel VIII sequels/prequels would be devastating.

I'd do better with an updated Ultimania that finally gives a detailed explanation for the Centra are, gives a timeline for Laguna's action and maybe a few details about the Sorceress Wars and Ultimecia and her timeline as well.

I don't see how expansions could give me these details without screwing up other details and since VIII already has a shaky plot and story elements, I don't think adding new entries will really help the game so much. Hell, I don't even want a remake cause I just came from an old playthrough of the title and outside of its normal problems, I feel the game has aged rather well which completely surprised me.

hitman1984
02-19-2010, 06:19 PM
For me i feel the same way about VIII like i did about VII about ten years ago "how cool it would be if there was another game" but to be honest thye didn't do a fantastic job with VII, it wasn't all bad or a complete disaster but was far from what any VII fan wanted.

I think i would rather now just have games like VII and VIII maybe remade under the PS3 flagship with brand new stunning 1080p graphics and keep them pretty much true to the same story and gameplay, with maybe adding a few more side quests and perhaps even more story developement if that's possible.

With VIII in mind i think a prequal featuring Laguna, Ward and Kiros would be nice expanding their story more finishing up with Squall, Quistis, Irvine, Selphie and Zell all finding there way into there respected Gardens, and leading to the events with Edea gathering her powers.

Otherwise for me, just leave VIII alone and leave it as a classic.

Mercen-X
02-23-2010, 06:41 PM
Final Fantasy VIII: Event Chaos
Final Fantasy VIII: Flash Celsius
Final Fantasy VIII: Gaia's Cradle

No explanations.