PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill

Blue
01-31-2010, 03:33 PM
http://wikicheats.gametrailers.com/images/thumb/7/71/SilentHill_HC_banner.jpg/720px-SilentHill_HC_banner.jpg

I'm currently playing threw from start to finish on the silent hill series, iv even set up my PlayStation 1 because my ps2 for some reason doesn't like ps one games anymore XD
mainly playing it because i seemed to have by passed this series due to me loving resi evil instead.

So what's your best bits about this game, and your main gripes and moans about it. And is there any funny or entertaining quirks i should look out for =D

like in two where pyramid head gets his thing on with 4 legs! LOL

Markus. D
01-31-2010, 09:33 PM
My top three most things to do with SH!

Things I am lured to
Atsmosphere
Music
Screwed Up Symbolism

Top 3 Games
Silent Hill 3
Shattered Memories
Silent Hill 1

Top 3 Protagonists
Cheryl/Heather Mason (All incarnations :D)
Lisa Garland (Silent Hill 1)
Cybill Bennet (Shattered Memories)

Top 3 Antagonists
Walter Sullivan (Silent Hill 4: The Room)
Claudia Wolf (Silent Hill 3)
Maria (Silent Hill 2)

Locations
Lakeside Amusement Park (Shattered Memories)
Nowhere (All incarnations)
Artaud Theater (Origins)

Favourite Monsters
Valtiel (Silent Hill 3)
Ariel (Origins)
Bubble Head Nurse (Silent Hill 2)

Boss Fights
Scarlet Fitch (Homecoming)
Eddie Dombrowski (Silent Hill 2)
The Memory of Helen Grady (Origins, the scare factor is just, WHOAH, for me)

Moon Rabbits
02-02-2010, 08:17 PM
I've only played the main numbered series (+ Homecoming) but I really want to try Origins and Shattered Memories out.

I can't decide between 2 and 3 as my favourite instalments ... probably 2, just for the story and Pyramid Head. 3 just had some "quality" to it that I loved.

Maria's repeated deaths throughout Silent Hill 2 were always entertaining. The Pyramid Head rape scene (and the Fukuro video) are both smurfed up.

Valtiel is awesome. Closers and Siam are my favourite monsters - though I was disappointed to find out Closer was pronounced like you would pronounce "to close a lid" as opposed to "to come closer." :greenie:

Markus. D
02-02-2010, 09:03 PM
Valtiel is awesome. Closers and Siam are my favourite monsters - though I was disappointed to find out Closer was pronounced like you would pronounce "to close a lid" as opposed to "to come closer." :greenie:

Indeed!

and really? ... I've been pronouncing it awesomely this whole time, awesomely incorrect ,_,;

Moon Rabbits
02-04-2010, 04:22 PM

Indeed!

and really? ... I've been pronouncing it awesomely this whole time, awesomely incorrect ,_,;

Yes, the art books and Ultimania-esque books say that they're called that because they are so large and close doorways and gaps and escape routes with their huge form.

Still, I prefer the "come closer" idea.