PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone watch the Grammys last night?

SuperMillionaire
02-01-2010, 04:35 PM
Did anyone watch the Grammys last night?

Dreddz
02-01-2010, 05:05 PM
I forgot they even existed.

Breine
02-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Nope. But apparently Taylor Swift won "Album of the Year".

Rantz
02-01-2010, 06:32 PM
Was Kanye allowed in the building?

LunarWeaver
02-01-2010, 06:35 PM
I watched Lady GaGa's performance on YouTube, nothing else. If it doesn't have ridiculous shoulder pads and an Elton John piano duet, I cba.

Moon Rabbits
02-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Wtf is with Taylor Swift winning all of these awards? I didn't even know who she was before the Kanye incident. Album of the year? Seriously? Pff.

I watched Eminem/Lil Wayne/Wheelchair Jimmy's performance at the end and thought it was really good. Except that I couldn't stop thinking "lol wheelchair jimmy."

Pink did a really really cool performance too where she was all nekkid (totally ripping on one of Marilyn Manson's old outfits too btw) and flying around above everyone on sheets.

Bastian
02-01-2010, 06:56 PM
I didn't watch them, but I "attended them" via a photo of Imogen Heap and myself (from a couple years ago) which I twittered to her Twitter Dress which had a handbag which displayed images people could twitter to it. :P

She won the Engineering of a non-Classical album, which she well deserved. She wrote, played, produced, engineered her entire album herself (well . . . the strings were played by other musicians, as were the guitars). Anyway, she deserved it because she records millions of weird tiny sounds and turns them into stuff that sounds like catchy pop music.

charliepanayi
02-01-2010, 07:56 PM
The Simpsons episode Homer's Barbershop Quartet tells you all you need to know about the Grammys.

As for Taylor Swift, she makes Celine Dion look like Kate Bush.

BarelySeeAtAll
02-01-2010, 09:31 PM
I "attended them" via a photo of Imogen Heap and myself (from a couple years ago) which I twittered to her Twitter Dress which had a handbag which displayed images people could twitter to it.

*HATES* :mad2:

If I'd have known about that I would've sent one in, and hence would've had a LITTLE motivation to watch the Grammies.

However; I had better things to do :roll2

Momiji
02-01-2010, 09:58 PM
Trix told me to watch when Beyonce was on, which was a nice performance. Then it went to commercials and I heard 'Pink, Miley Cyrus, and the Black Eyed Peas' and closed the tab.

Vermachtnis
02-01-2010, 10:17 PM
I completely forgot about it. Never really cared about them anyway.

Mirage
02-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Commercial jizz-fest, no thanks.

NorthernChaosGod
02-01-2010, 10:59 PM
Wtf is with Taylor Swift winning all of these awards? I didn't even know who she was before the Kanye incident. Album of the year? Seriously? Pff.
I had heard of her, but all I knew is she was hot. I didn't really have a clue as to what she was.

I watched Eminem/Lil Wayne/Wheelchair Jimmy's performance at the end and thought it was really good. Except that I couldn't stop thinking "lol wheelchair jimmy."
Lol, you too? I haven't been able to stop thinking that since I first heard he was making music.

PuPu
02-01-2010, 11:57 PM
I'm just glad that AC/DC beat garbage bands like Linkin Park and Nickelback for Best Hard Rock Performance and that Judas Priest beat turds like Lamb of God and Ministry for Best Metal Performance.

Moon Rabbits
02-02-2010, 01:32 AM

<3

Shiny
02-02-2010, 01:57 AM
and Nickelback for Best Hard Rock Performance
It's crazy that they were even nommed.

PuPu
02-02-2010, 02:20 AM
Breine did not say that, just so you know. ;)

Also, I'm also surprised at the fact they were nommed too. Nickelback and pretty much all other bands in the same genre (post grunge) are terribad and unoriginal.

Shiny
02-02-2010, 02:28 AM
Hahahaa, sorry, PuPu! I multi-quoted, but forgot what I was gonna say with Breine's quote and ended up forgetting to delete the quote brackets.

charliepanayi
02-02-2010, 07:29 AM
You're surprised that a terrible act was nominated for a Grammy? An award where there's an absurd number of categories to be nominated for? I'd have been amazed if they hadn't been nominated.

Breine
02-02-2010, 09:42 AM

<3

Double <3

Pure Aerisbeauty7
02-02-2010, 02:45 PM

Yes, she did. I'm happy that she won the award. I like her music and I think that she is a good singer.:):angel:

ljkkjlcm9
02-02-2010, 05:18 PM

Yes, she did. I'm happy that she won the award. I like her music and I think that she is a good singer.:):angel:

Carrie Underwood is a better singer, in terms of vocal ability. Taylor Swift's music is more widely appealing however. (comparing them because they're both "country")

THE JACKEL

Jessweeee♪
02-02-2010, 07:55 PM
I think Taylor Swift wins so many awards because of her adorable image xD

Breine
02-02-2010, 08:14 PM
I don't have anything against Taylor Swift, but it just seems odd that her album won "Album of the Year".

charliepanayi
02-02-2010, 08:20 PM
I don't have anything against Taylor Swift, but it just seems odd that her album won "Album of the Year".

She's incredibly safe (i.e. boring), won't get up anyone's nose like Lady Gaga does, and sold over five million copies of her album. She's pretty much the perfect choice for a music industry who are desperate for any mega-sellers.

Breine
02-02-2010, 08:33 PM

She's incredibly safe (i.e. boring), won't get up anyone's nose like Lady Gaga does, and sold over five million copies of her album. She's pretty much the perfect choice for a music industry who are desperate for any mega-sellers.

Yeah, I presume that's why she won too :) But still, it's odd. Just odd.

charliepanayi
02-02-2010, 08:48 PM
Odd is the day the Grammys picks a decent album as Album of the Year.

JKTrix
02-02-2010, 11:19 PM
This was seriously my single favourite moment
http://i45.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/2387ma.jpg
(context: there was a Michael Jackson tribute in 3D, hence the glasses)

The Jamie Foxx performance of 'Blame it on the Alcohol' was absolute chaos. Seeing "I'm on a Boat" nominated for anything got a laugh out of me too. I also didn't know Weird Al had a new album until this show.

So it's not a complete loss.

Rad Bromance
02-02-2010, 11:32 PM
Nope, but I watched Lady Gaga's absolutely wonderful performance with Sir Elton John on YouTube last night. Gaga's performance is really the only thing I wanted to watch The Grammys for anyway, and the only reason I watched the 2009 MTV VMAs (although Beyonce's performance on that was pretty fantastic too). :)

Also, the fact that "I'm On A Boat" got nominated for a grammy is pretty hilarious/great.

SuperMillionaire
02-04-2010, 03:41 PM

I agree. To me, Taylor Swift is one of the few "pure-hearted" musicians today; one who puts all her heart and soul into her music and sings about romance and compassion. I wonder where everyone else went. I think Taylor could very well be the next Celine Dion.

Moon Rabbits
02-04-2010, 06:10 PM

I agree. To me, Taylor Swift is one of the few "pure-hearted" musicians today; one who puts all her heart and soul into her music and sings about romance and compassion. I wonder where everyone else went. I think Taylor could very well be the next Celine Dion.

You can sing about romance and compassion in other ways than "generic pop ballad."

blackmage_nuke
02-04-2010, 07:35 PM

Im not sure you read his post right...

I also think televised award ceremonies take away from my precious simpsons reruns

NorthernChaosGod
02-04-2010, 08:12 PM

He doesn't like her, she's boring and her music sucks.

charliepanayi
02-04-2010, 08:13 PM
I think Mr Millionaire is being sarcastic. Or is insane. One or the other.

SuperMillionaire
02-04-2010, 08:30 PM
Excuse me?

NorthernChaosGod
02-04-2010, 08:35 PM
I think Mr Millionaire is being sarcastic. Or is insane. One or the other.

You obviously weren't here for the profanity argument.
http://forums.eyesonff.com/lounge/128983-you-offended-profane-music.html

SuperMillionaire
02-04-2010, 08:52 PM
Thanks for pointing that out, NCG. I am still in support of a content rating system, but I've toned it down a bit; it would not actually "restrict" people from listening to it, but would determine its suitability for certain age groups. But enough about that.

charliepanayi
02-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Oh, now I remember! I did cover the 'insane' angle as well I think.

SuperMillionaire
02-04-2010, 09:17 PM
Excuse me again?

Aurey
02-04-2010, 09:41 PM
Haha, this thread! Charlie, never change.

My thoughts on the Grammys: Beyoncé is Jesus. Gaga is a goddess. Not a fan of Pink, but the performance was neat. Everybody else who performed was horrible. Tay Swift dropping and breaking a Grammy was LOL.

SuperMillionaire
02-07-2010, 05:15 AM
Yes, Taylor Swift did drop a few of her Grammy trophies...