PDA

View Full Version : Project Needlemouse Music

Bolivar
02-03-2010, 02:54 AM
So apparently this game really is the Sonic 4 people like me have been begging and pleading about for the last few years.

A very short, few second, clip has been out there as a teaser for the upcoming project. Here's a D-Toid link:

Destructoid - Project Needlemouse soundtrack teased, sounds like Sonic! (http://www.destructoid.com/project-needlemouse-soundtrack-teased-sounds-like-sonic--162374.phtml)

I know it's absolutely insane to be saying this, but these few seconds alone fill me up with anticipation.

VeloZer0
02-03-2010, 03:09 AM
I know it's absolutely insane to be saying this, but these few seconds alone fill me up with anticipation.

I'm totally with you.

Though even if it is Sonic 4 I still won't be 100% sold on the game until I actually play it. As much as I liked Sonic 1-3, the almost two decades of abuse the franchise has suffered under Sega makes me perpetually gun shy about new titles.

Madame Adequate
02-03-2010, 01:58 PM
I'm skeptical that there won't be some terrible gimmick. But as Jim said they're completely self-aware with this marketing; they have to know what we want.

Right?

Right?

Bolivar
02-04-2010, 12:01 AM
I'm skeptical that there won't be some terrible gimmick. But as Jim said they're completely self-aware with this marketing; they have to know what we want.

Right?

Right?

I hope so, man. I hope so.

Captain Maxx Power
02-04-2010, 12:13 AM
So apparently this game really is the Sonic 4 people like me have been begging and pleading about for the last few years.

Right, like Sonic Team are really listening to the fans on this one (Protip: They stopped listening post Sonic Adventure). There's only one reason and one reason alone that this game is even being made; The runaway success of Megaman 9. It's kind of funny how Sega, a company that was running somewhat in Nintendo's dust at the end of their console run, is now tagging along playing mimic of one of their most popular publishers, like that kid who follows around the "cool" kids trying to be like them.

Still, if that's the kind of lousy reasoning that makes them bring out a decent 2D sonic game then all power to it.

VeloZer0
02-04-2010, 02:34 AM
I finaly found the article I was looking for.
Sega: Sonic Quality to Be 'Fixed Over Time' - IndustryGamers (http://www.industrygamers.com/news/sega-sonic-quality-to-be-fixed-over-time/)

Best Quote by a Sonic developer:
“The quality is something that will be fixed over time. It's not something where you wake up one morning and say, 'You know what, we're going to improve our quality on this franchise,' and it magically happens.

Bolivar
02-04-2010, 01:40 PM

Right, like Sonic Team are really listening to the fans on this one (Protip: They stopped listening post Sonic Adventure). There's only one reason and one reason alone that this game is even being made; The runaway success of Megaman 9. It's kind of funny how Sega, a company that was running somewhat in Nintendo's dust at the end of their console run, is now tagging along playing mimic of one of their most popular publishers, like that kid who follows around the "cool" kids trying to be like them.

Still, if that's the kind of lousy reasoning that makes them bring out a decent 2D sonic game then all power to it.

I....wow... after reading this post it took me a second to realize this isn't 1994. Damn dude...damn.

Anyway, the game is actually called Sonic 4 (http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/04/project-needlemouse-is-sonic-the-hedgehog-4-episodic-on-ps3/)

VeloZer0
02-04-2010, 02:34 PM
Now I am really excited about this game... but still holding back a little to avoid being hurt again.

I like the link from the article you posted that said some people would be upset that it would feature only Sonic. I haven't talked to a single person who didn't think the proliferation of non Sonic characters was one of the things contributing to the downfall of the series.

Flying Arrow
02-04-2010, 05:03 PM
For those waiting for Sega's other shoe to drop:

Destructoid - Sonic the Hedgehog 4 confirmed ... and it's episodic! (http://www.destructoid.com/sonic-the-hedgehog-4-confirmed-and-it-s-episodic--162499.phtml)

Bolivar
02-04-2010, 06:12 PM
I like the link from the article you posted that said some people would be upset that it would feature only Sonic. I haven't talked to a single person who didn't think the proliferation of non Sonic characters was one of the things contributing to the downfall of the series.

I thought Tails and Knuckles were great, but after that, it was just so unnecessary.

VeloZer0
02-05-2010, 02:15 AM
I don't think episodic delivery is necessarily a bad idea. If you think of it, they could release this, then in a year release Sonic 5, and so on an so forth. Or they could just keep releasing new zones for Sonic 4, which in the context of a retro game is just like having a new game.

That isn't saying that this couldn't be an unscrupulous money grab.

Madame Adequate
02-05-2010, 03:14 PM
If this works out right then I'm happy with episodic. I'd be pretty happy if they just made episodic downloads for S&K :p But I'm still very wary.

Dreddz
02-06-2010, 10:39 AM
Dunno what to say really. As an old school Sega kid this does sound promising. But it still seems like they're taking the easy way out with this game. I thought they had something with Sonic Adventure (its like my favourite Sonic game after Sonic 2) and to see them scrap any kind of 3D Sonic game in favour of a rehash (thats all it is folks) is kind of lame. I hope they still have ideas for a 3D Sonic game. Just look at what worked in Sonic Adventure and just do that again. Its not that hard Sega.

VeloZer0
02-06-2010, 02:21 PM
I'm presuming this is meant to cater to the people who don't think Sega has ever produced a good 3D Sonic game. The only Sonic game I have liked since S&K is Sonic Rush for the DS. I'm not trying to hate on your game preferences, but from what I have heard this seems to be a general consensus. Though it could be a case of me just exposing myself to media sources that have similar views of myself.