PDA

View Full Version : Sega is Releasing a New Console

Depression Moon
02-03-2010, 08:23 PM
New Sega console hitting this summer - Pocket-lint (http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/31177/new-sega-console-hitting-summer)

KentaRawr!
02-03-2010, 08:26 PM
For a second I thought it was actually going to be called Pocket-Lint.

This piques my interest.

NorthernChaosGod
02-03-2010, 08:35 PM
I fucking hate waggle, even though I can get pretty much any of these already, I might have considered it without waggle.

Bolivar
02-04-2010, 12:02 AM
This is just the beginning....

What if next they put out some kind of proprietary, glorified home-arcade unit that they put out maybe 1 or 2 games out a quarter of classic franchises like phantasy star and streets of rage?

AND THEN THEY UNVEIL THE NEXT SEGA SYSTEM WITH MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 AS A LAUNCH TITLE MUAHAHAAHAHAHAHAA

Rostum
02-04-2010, 01:50 AM
What.

Raistlin
02-04-2010, 02:10 AM
However, gamers hoping to be able to load in more games will be disappointed, although the makers say that they hope to offer more Sega titles in the future, you won't be able to add them to this system.

Wtf? This hardly qualifies as a "console." It just comes with a bunch of pre-loaded classic games that every person really interested has already been emulating (or playing on an old Sega system).

Shiny
02-04-2010, 02:23 AM
Sega stopped trying to be innovative years ago.

Jowy
02-04-2010, 02:38 AM
dear god please just take sonic out back and shoot him

give us another Beyond Oasis or Jet Set Radio.

Bunny
02-04-2010, 03:56 AM
Hang up the towel, you're done.

Mo-Nercy
02-04-2010, 04:30 AM
This is a pretty lame effort. If Sega's looking to jumpstart their re-entrance into the world of designing consoles, they could've better. For one thing, the fact that the games you get, you're stuck with, means that even £50 is overpriced.

The handheld market is pretty dry at the moment. You don't see many good games for PSP these days, the Go was a big flop and DSi is as gimmicky as you'd come to expect from Nintendo these days. Maybe Sega could look to get back into the market with a Game Gear 2 or something.

Though I guess then there's question of where it's games would come from.

Madame Adequate
02-04-2010, 11:08 AM
However, gamers hoping to be able to load in more games will be disappointed, although the makers say that they hope to offer more Sega titles in the future, you won't be able to add them to this system.

Wtf? This hardly qualifies as a "console." It just comes with a bunch of pre-loaded classic games that every person really interested has already been emulating (or playing on an old Sega system).

My thoughts exactly.

I clicked the link and my reaction was, as Jess said, "Like you're in the middle of sex and you find out you're doing a troglodyte." :(

Depression Moon
02-04-2010, 06:43 PM

Yeah I know. I don't why they bother creating a seperate system for something that that can put on a disc or two for the Wii.

NorthernChaosGod
02-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Yeah I know. I don't why they bother creating a seperate system for something that that can put on a disc or two for the 360/PS3.

Fix'd

KentaRawr!
02-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Yeah I know. I don't why they bother creating a separate system for something that that can put on a disc or two for the 360/PS3.

Fixed

Fixed.

I don't know why they bother creating a separate system, so I'm looking forward to seeing what this system is able to do. :p

G13
02-04-2010, 11:03 PM
As much as I enjoy Sega, I will not be buying this. This reminds me of those crummy joystick Tiger games you find at Wal-Mart or Target.

Iceglow
02-04-2010, 11:37 PM
Sega stopped trying to be innovative years ago.

Sega got brought out by Nintendo YEARS ago to prevent them from shutting down entirely when the DC failed to beat off the PS1/PS2 and Xbox. Hence Sonic crops up in nearly every Mario game out there these days, though with the olympic tie in titles one has to question the fairness of a naked supersonic blue hedgehog with special running shoes to make him go faster compared to a fat mustached italien plumber in dungarees and workman steel toe capped boots...

Anyhow this is essentially a Megadrive made to look like, stand like and even have the remote from a wii. It's a cheap ploy at getting casual gamers who have fond memories of the megadrive to buy in to more Nintendo marketing. It's definitely not anything new or even something of a come back for Sega.

Oh and speaking of the Megadrive, you guys realize, the megadrive has been on sale all these years it never went off sale? In fact now it comes pre-loaded with those exact games and has the cartridge slot for cartridge games, not that they make these anymore. I can also tell you the megadrive sells for around £30 these days the only difference is, the one currently on sale, looks like an old school sega megadrive and has the pad of one too, it is not attempting to become a nintendo wii.

Hell I remember the days when Sega would release the ugliest thing ever just so it wouldn't look like a damn nintendo, game gear anyone?

Fire_Emblem776
02-05-2010, 07:37 AM
Wow it says it supports the old cartriges?