PDA

View Full Version : Skin

Rye
02-04-2010, 09:30 AM
My upper legs, especially in winter, get lots of tiny red bumps that was are raised from the skin. They're not a pimple or acne and I don't think it has to do with shaving - They tend to be up up up on the part of my leg that doesn't really actually grow hair, and they've happened since I was a child. Does anyone else get these? What ARE the things?!

Does your skin have any sort of unusual problems?

blackmage_nuke
02-04-2010, 09:31 AM
I had bad dandruff before, now i only have a bit of dandruff

qwertysaur
02-04-2010, 09:41 AM
I have eczema. :(

Cuchulainn
02-04-2010, 01:54 PM
sounds fatal.

Breine
02-04-2010, 01:57 PM
The only thing is that I get dry skin on my hands during wintertime, so I'm lubricating pretty much every day. It's pretty common.

kikimm
02-04-2010, 05:51 PM
I have really dry, sensitive skin. It sucked when I went to New Zealand and it was all really cold there and eczema was just like heeey and man it was so bad. I hardly got any sleep at night it was so tortuously itchy and painful. What you have, Rye, kinda sounds like dermatitis to me.

The most annoying thing about my skin is that it makes buying and using makeup/facial care products a pain in the ass. >:(

Unbreakable Will
02-04-2010, 06:04 PM
I can get some pretty bad acne sometimes on my face, ;~; but I've thankfully stopped having so many outbreaks in the last year.

Moon Rabbits
02-04-2010, 06:19 PM
I have freckles everywhere :jess:

I don't get anything like red bumps on my legs ... sometimes my octopus tattoo bumps up on one of the tentacles and gets a little itchy when I'm sick. I have a little red dot that appears on my right middle knuckle from time to time. The skin on my thumbs is usually pretty dry. Other than that... no!

Inferno
02-04-2010, 06:35 PM
@ Rye

Psoriasis maybe ? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psoriasis)

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-04-2010, 06:38 PM
I have freckles in a bunch of spots, and some acne on my face and upper body. Also, current sporting bedbug bites! *sighs*

Lacarus
02-04-2010, 07:06 PM
My upper legs, especially in winter, get lots of tiny red bumps that was are raised from the skin. They're not a pimple or acne and I don't think it has to do with shaving - They tend to be up up up on the part of my leg that doesn't really actually grow hair, and they've happened since I was a child. Does anyone else get these? What ARE the things?!

That sounds similar to what happens to my leg during winter. I think it's just dry skin. You could try ointments if it really bothers you. I'm sure there's en ointment for that.

NorthernChaosGod
02-04-2010, 08:39 PM
My face and scalp just get drier in the winter, which is perfectly understandable for the season, so I just use a thicker lotion and use anti-dandruff shampoo.

Zeldy
02-04-2010, 11:24 PM
If freckles are considered "problems" then, I'm covered in the buggars. In the Summer I get freckles everrrrrrywhere.

In the winter, I might get dry hands or something, and the wind proper attacks my lips! Vaseline is my best friend.

Shlup
02-04-2010, 11:26 PM
I have a chalazion right now.

Jess
02-04-2010, 11:42 PM
Psoriasis maybe ? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psoriasis)
I suffer from Psoriasis, and what Rye described doesn't sound like it to me. But, there are different kinds so it may be worth getting checked out.

so yeah, I don't get what you described Rye, but I do get Psoriasis. Apparently it can be triggered by stress. I tend to get it on my elbows, tummy and back. I have a cream prescribed by the doctors, which clears it up a bit and I also have sunbeds because the UV light helps clear it up too.

I get a really dry nose and lips too, but vaseline on my nose and lips whilst I sleep keeps them soft :)

louby_4eva
02-05-2010, 12:04 AM
Rye, It sounds like ingrown hairs to me. Although it wouldn't make sense if it only happens in winter. I have terrible ingrown hairs on my thighs :( aside from that, and the occasional dry spell in winter, my skin is pretty soft and lovely :D :D :D

Smile and Be happy :love:

Raistlin
02-05-2010, 03:40 AM
Does anyone else get these? What ARE the things?!

Cancer. (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2002/11/11/)

~*~Celes~*~
02-05-2010, 05:31 AM
I have eczema. :(

Mo-Nercy
02-05-2010, 05:32 AM
Whatever you've goy Rye, I've got the same on my upper arms massive guns. I don't know what it is either. To me, they're like tiny little permanent goosebumps.

Kamiko
02-05-2010, 05:45 PM
One of my friends has the bumps you're describing on her upper arms. I get them on my thighs sometimes, but I'm not sure what they are and they never last for long. Some of my scars are keloid and I have this crazy one on the inside of my right elbow. You can't really see it but it's from a shot when I was about five and it's this weird bump thing underneath the skin. It feels really strange.
Also, my freckles have this strange habit of forming patterns in diagonal lines of three.

qwertysaur
02-06-2010, 03:33 PM
Do they itch Rye?

Rye
02-07-2010, 10:27 AM
Nope! They're just... there. I hate winter time skin.

I did have one itchy part on my leg. I got this circular dark scar on my leg on that spot, because for a month or two, it stayed really dry and looked almost burnt (wind burn?), and despite moisturizing and not scratching it, it just turned into a really ugly scar and never quite healed. My skin scars too easily. :x

I don't want anymore of those again.

Rodarian
02-07-2010, 11:07 AM
When I get stressed I get bad eczema on my scalp :( It suxs bad so I have this extreme shampoo that smells like wood varnish :S

Cuchulainn
02-07-2010, 06:25 PM
Nope! They're just... there. I hate winter time skin.

I did have one itchy part on my leg. I got this circular dark scar on my leg on that spot, because for a month or two, it stayed really dry and looked almost burnt (wind burn?), and despite moisturizing and not scratching it, it just turned into a really ugly scar and never quite healed. My skin scars too easily. :x

I don't want anymore of those again.

Joking aside it may be Keratosis pilaris...and not, infact, fatal.

Rye
02-07-2010, 07:25 PM
That's what it looks most like, but much less severe. =O Thanks! I guess it is normal.

Shiny
02-07-2010, 11:05 PM
I use to have eczema under my armpits when I was younger. It would turn them a very gross brownish color and cause soars on the skin. Now they're as smooth as a baby's bottom.

theundeadhero
02-08-2010, 03:26 AM
I use the Dove 1/4 cream moisturizer bar to keep my skin awesome.