PDA

View Full Version : Left 4 Dead Series: Discussion and Help

Unbreakable Will
02-04-2010, 06:12 PM
Discussion:
I've recently bought the original and have a Gamefly rental of the sequel for Xbox360. I'm moderately good at these games (Advanced Difficulty), who else plays? Which is better in terms of level layouts and characters iyo?

Help:
I want to get better at these games, to advance to Expert mode, but the jump from Advanced to Expert is so far I have a hard time getting past the second and third safe-rooms. Any suggestions?

kikimm
02-05-2010, 01:21 AM
Which campaigns are you having trouble with?

Unbreakable Will
02-05-2010, 01:29 AM
Well, (on the first game) No Mercy and Death Toll aren't THAT bad, except for a few retries along the way. But the others are wretched ;~;

kikimm
02-05-2010, 01:40 AM
Hmm, those were the ones *I* had problems with :p At least the campaign parts. I dunno, you know the best way to get better at them is just play them a :bou::bou::bou::bou:load - you have to have really good knowledge of the layout of the levels. Also, I find running through them fast also works, because you seem to miss more of the spawn points of specials. It works really well for the Blood Harvest campaign. >=)

Unbreakable Will
02-05-2010, 05:15 AM
GOD I hate that last section on Blood Harvest. >.< Its ridiculously hard.

Meat Puppet
02-05-2010, 05:23 AM
I remember the good old days when I would see poor sods spending 6 hours beating Blood Harvest on Expert, and I was kind of proud of myself thinking that I would never be that way... that was, until, I spent about that much time beating Dark Carnival (in my defense, I took a break to punch Mexican children). I celebrated by beating The Parish in 42 minutes, which is far from my best but not bad considering that level is tantamount to staring into a fluorescent light

p.s. the only difficulties are expert and versus

Madame Adequate
02-05-2010, 03:28 PM
The only difficulty is Expert Realism. :colbert:

I mostly played L4D all on my lonesome because I'm a little Jonny no-mates. So I have a hell of a time if I play on Expert. How to do it depends on the level and its quirks - I do the first level of Dark Carnival really slowly and methodically because it's mostly safe to, attacks are pretty rare. Conversely, you have to charge like a maniac through The Mall because attacks start before you even leave the safe room and they just. Don't. Stop.

Also god help you if the AI decides it'd be funny to arse around. The number of times I died on the Coaster because those halfwits can't navigate the tracks... oy vey...

ljkkjlcm9
02-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Left 4 Dead 2 is so much better than the original. It's difficult to go back and play the first after playing the second one.

THE JACKEL

Unbreakable Will
02-05-2010, 04:59 PM
I actually got through the first two last night on L4D, and I'm picking up my own copy of L4D2 today, for the small price of $40. I almost bought a used copy yesterday for $60 (the new copies were still at $65 w/o tax). Then the nice cashier told me to wait until today b/c of a price drop. He was one cool dude. :cool:

Meat Puppet
02-08-2010, 01:24 AM
Left 4 Dead 2 is so much better than the original. It's difficult to go back and play the first after playing the second one.

THE JACKAL
I prefer many things about Left 4 Dead 2, but I still get a desire to play Left 4 Dead 1 often. Depends on my mood, mostly, but I don’t think I’ll ever be able to leave Bill, Louis, and Francis gathering dust. Plus you hardly ever get to be a Hunter in Left 4 Dead 2.

Madame Adequate
02-08-2010, 02:26 AM
Whilst I love the original characters, I honestly cannot conceive of ever, ever having enough of Ellis. If the laws of nature would allow it, I would bear that man's children.

Unbreakable Will
02-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Whilst I love the original characters, I honestly cannot conceive of ever, ever having enough of Ellis. If the laws of nature would allow it, I would bear that man's children.
Ah, another who shares the same view. I may play as Coach, but only so Ellis can do his thing. :cool:

Jiro
02-09-2010, 08:59 AM
I mostly played L4D all on my lonesome because I'm a little Jonny no-mates. So I have a hell of a time if I play on Expert.

It doesn't help that the one time I was playing with friends, we had one guy full of bravado who charged in and died rapidly, another who kept missing, and well Timekeeper seemed to be a favourite of the Smoker, he kept getting dragged from the back of the group :(

Unbreakable Will
02-09-2010, 01:10 PM
I mostly played L4D all on my lonesome because I'm a little Jonny no-mates. So I have a hell of a time if I play on Expert.

It doesn't help that the one time I was playing with friends, we had one guy full of bravado who charged in and died rapidly, another who kept missing, and well Timekeeper seemed to be a favourite of the Smoker, he kept getting dragged from the back of the group :(
That sounds like a mix of how I used to play.

"Chaaaaaarge....ah sh*t....help....help....help...fuck..."

Jiro
02-10-2010, 04:41 AM
This is why I'm the goddamn leader xD

Unbreakable Will
02-10-2010, 05:07 AM
I got the "Unbreakable" achievement in L4D1 :love:

Loony BoB
02-18-2010, 10:06 PM
Danielle and I struggle when doing the higher difficulties - it's the tank that gets us, and if he doesn't, there are always two other specials coming in right behind his death, so yeah. I wouldn't mind watching a few people play it together on expert to see how they manage things.

Admittedly, this was only the other day after not playing for a year or so and we only tried No Mercy, so yeah. :p

I was never good at FPS games, as much as I do enjoy them I just don't have the efficiency that a lot of other people out there seem to have.

Quindiana Jones
02-18-2010, 10:14 PM
My only deaths on No Mercy were from when the Tank punched me off the top of the hospital at the end. TWICE.

Loony BoB
02-18-2010, 10:23 PM
Your only deaths? On the high difficulty levels? Wow.

Quindiana Jones
02-18-2010, 10:27 PM
Sorry, no. It was the mention of No Mercy that reminded me. That was just on Normal difficulty.

It was pretty freaking hilarious watching my character fly off the building though, I have to admit. :blush:

Madame Adequate
02-18-2010, 11:57 PM
My only deaths on No Mercy were from when the Tank punched me off the top of the hospital at the end. TWICE.

I find that too amusing to really feel any anger when it happens.

You can kind of get revenge in L4D2. In the hotel, chuck a bile bomb off the side. Watch the lalz.

Unbreakable Will
02-19-2010, 02:22 AM

I find that too amusing to really feel any anger when it happens.

You can kind of get revenge in L4D2. In the hotel, chuck a bile bomb off the side. Watch the lalz.
Smurf yes. Bloody screaming bastards can fall to their death. :cool: