PDA

View Full Version : I just don't get it

Levian
02-05-2010, 03:05 AM
Is Owen Wilson hot? Really?

Owen Wilson?

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/owen-wilson.jpg

This guy?

He's got something Donald Trumpish about his face, I suppose that in itself can't possibly be a good thing. Then there's the nose, why isn't your skin crawling by the mere thought of coming in contact with it? If he was dating Monica in an episode of Friends, she would constantly look at it and when they talk she would blurt out stupid stuff like "I didn't mean to be nosy" or "strike a nose! err, I mean pose! POSE! not nose, pose! Strike a pose!" and then she would break up with him at the end of the episode because she would let a silly thing like that ruin the relationship. It's not silly though, it's a scary ass nose.

Point is, I keep seeing Owen Wilson on hot celebrities lists, and then I keep wondering who put him on them. I know I'm a male and I'm supposedly not able to tell whether a man is a attractive or not, but I like to think I'm able to tell in most cases. Oh well!

Topic #1: Females, homosexuals and bisexuals, is Owen Wilson attractive?

Topic #2: Is there a same sex celebrity sex symbol that you don't understand the attraction of at all?

kikimm
02-05-2010, 03:24 AM
Oh god absolutely not. I can't ever watch any movies with him in them because I just can't bear to look at that face for an extended period of time. It's not even the nose. I could forgive the nose if the rest of the face was decent.

As for topic #2...I could go on forever. ;) But the one on my mind right now is Hayden Panatierre. Really. There was like 50 of her at my high school. What's so special D:

Aurey
02-05-2010, 03:30 AM
NO! I didn't realize people found him attractive, to be honest. His brother isn't looking that great these days either, and I thought Luke looked at least decent in The Royal Tenenbaums, whatever don't judge me.

#2: Angelina Jolie. Easy answer, but it's the first that comes to mind.

Miriel
02-05-2010, 03:48 AM
Hot? Definitely not.

Charismatic? Yup. And that counts for a lot. Makes me sad to think about him trying to kill himself. He never seemed like a particularly sad or depressed kinda guy. But supposedly a lot of comedians have bouts with depression. Anyway the more charming a guy is, the more attractive he becomes. It's just how it works.

Jim from The Office isn't technically a good looking guy http://mydailyheadache.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/957cvrb_krasinski.jpg but he's so sweet and charming that he just gets cuter and cuter until that funky nose and cheeks aren't really an issue anymore.

Johnny Depp looks like a hobo these days and he still tops the Sexiest Man Alive lists. It's been YEARS since Depp looked downright hot, but he has that je ne sais quoi that makes him attractive to people.

And and, I hate Hayden Panatierre. I don't hate a lot of actors, but I hate her. I can't stand watching her in ANYTHING.

Madonna
02-05-2010, 04:51 AM
[Orlando Bloom]! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh7qzDJG94M)

Meat Puppet
02-05-2010, 05:16 AM
personally I don’t think Owen Wilson is hot but since I look just like him I better vote yes for my own sake

um, paul mccartney? i dunno.

Breine
02-05-2010, 10:45 AM
He's okay. I think the main attraction about him is that he's charismatic, like Miriel said.

As for topic number 2, I'd say someone like Cristiano Ronaldo. I don't get it.

Madame Adequate
02-05-2010, 03:30 PM
He's not conventionally hot but as Miriel says, he has a lot of charisma. And that's even better.

Levian
02-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Charisma does indeed make someone attractive. I mainly just found him annoying in Wedding Crashers and Marley & Me though, haven't seen anything else of his.

~*~Celes~*~
02-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Hot? Definitely not.

Charismatic? Yup. And that counts for a lot. Makes me sad to think about him trying to kill himself. He never seemed like a particularly sad or depressed kinda guy. But supposedly a lot of comedians have bouts with depression. Anyway the more charming a guy is, the more attractive he becomes. It's just how it works.

Jim from The Office isn't technically a good looking guy http://mydailyheadache.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/957cvrb_krasinski.jpg but he's so sweet and charming that he just gets cuter and cuter until that funky nose and cheeks aren't really an issue anymore.

Johnny Depp looks like a hobo these days and he still tops the Sexiest Man Alive lists. It's been YEARS since Depp looked downright hot, but he has that je ne sais quoi that makes him attractive to people.

And and, I hate Hayden Panetierre. I don't hate a lot of actors, but I hate her. I can't stand watching her in ANYTHING.

I agree with everything Miriel says. I used to like Hayden at first but... she lost her charm pretty quick.

Bastian
02-05-2010, 06:42 PM
Eh . . . not my cup of tea.

Then again, I tend to disagree with what a lot of people think of as hot (Johnny Depp, Robert Pattinson, George Clooney, Brad Pitt (most of the time), and the list goes on and on). Basically, you could name a male celebrity thought of as "hot" and I can point out specifically why I think they're not.

Jessweeee♪
02-05-2010, 08:34 PM
No. The whole nose and mouth area is just kinda ew. Also that weird thing he does with his mouth.

Quindiana Jones
02-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Jack Sparrow is hot. Johnny Depp is not. :(

Chloe.
02-05-2010, 08:50 PM
No. The whole nose and mouth area is just kinda ew. Also that weird thing he does with his mouth.

That's what I was thinking. :barf:

vinnie's mini's
02-05-2010, 08:57 PM

That's what I was thinking. :barf:
Totally agree. Its just...Well there aren't any words for it :mad:

Moon Rabbits
02-05-2010, 11:19 PM
Ew Owen Wilson is ugly as sin.

blackmage_nuke
02-06-2010, 03:26 AM
Everyone looks hideous by comparison when they co-star with Jackie Chan :colbert:

G13
02-06-2010, 03:41 AM
Charisma does indeed make someone attractive. I mainly just found him annoying in Wedding Crashers and Marley & Me though, haven't seen anything else of his.

He was okay in Marley & Me, but I can't stand him in any other role. I'm sure he's an okay dude irl but I just can't handle him as an actor.

Topic 2: I dunno... Dane Cook?

krissy
02-06-2010, 04:11 AM
dane cook is a sex symbol?
who are people having sex with nowadays to make that happen
muskrats?

anyway owen wilson is a fine example of man ass
haters gonna hate

Breine
02-06-2010, 12:04 PM

He was okay in Marley & Me, but I can't stand him in any other role. I'm sure he's an okay dude irl but I just can't handle him as an actor.

He was pretty good in Darjeeling Limited. Wonderful movie overall, just so you know :)

eestlinc
02-07-2010, 04:31 AM
I really dislike Owen Wilson, or at least I dislike every character I've seen him play. I don't know about attractiveness, but his personality repulses me.

G13
02-14-2010, 11:49 AM
dane cook is a sex symbol?
who are people having sex with nowadays to make that happen
muskrats?

I never said he was a sex symbol. It was those other people. They're not here now but if you wait a while they might come back.