PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom Teeth

leader of mortals
02-05-2010, 04:23 AM
So, how many people had a problem with their Wisdom Teeth, and how was it resolved? My problem was that after my braces, my Orthodontist was afraid that my Jaw was not large enough for my Wisdom Teeth to come in without making my teeth crooked again. Then, when I got my X-Rays, I think all 4 of my teeth were impacted. I had to get them pulled out. My bottom lip was numb for about 8 hours or so, and the feeeling is mostly back now. I am still very light-headed, however, and I'm not sure if it's because I have had about 800 calories today, my anesthesia, my after-anesthesia pain pills, or some combination of the three.

For those with attention deficiency disorders, here is a summarized snippet of the general ramblings for you to ponder over - Got my Wisdom Teeth out, have any of you had to have something done for yours?

Edit: Censoring is ftw on this forum

Jessweeee♪
02-05-2010, 04:33 AM
I was put under and they cut them out before they could grow in. It barely hurt at all, but I slept pretty much all through that day and most of the next. After the third day my face got mega swollen, and I was too embarrassed to go to school. I came back for picture day, though, and my face was still slightly swollen. I probably doodled over my picture in the yearbook that year :|

Shlup
02-05-2010, 04:51 AM
It's standard procedure around here to get your wisdom teeth out when you're like 18 or 19. I assumed that was the case in most places until I think... MILF? stated otherwise. Then again, he's like some weird European redneck so no one should take what he says seriously.

I got mine pulled when I was 18, got put under, no big deal.

Raistlin
02-05-2010, 04:55 AM
I got mine pulled when I was 18 17, got put under, no big deal.

Unbreakable Will
02-05-2010, 04:55 AM
I had all four of mine taken out. I had these liiiittle red pills that packed a big smurfing punch. I accidently took two at the same time and it was like euphoria :wacky:

leader of mortals
02-05-2010, 04:56 AM
Most people, on a visit to the dentist, will get an X-Ray that tells them whether or not they have a problem with their Wisdom Teeth, and whether they need to be fixed, removed, or they are safe to grow.

Shadowdust
02-05-2010, 05:53 AM
I was put under and they cut them out before they could grow in. It barely hurt at all, but I slept pretty much all through that day and most of the next. After the third day my face got mega swollen, and I was too embarrassed to go to school. I came back for picture day, though, and my face was still slightly swollen. I probably doodled over my picture in the yearbook that year :|

Mine were cut out before they could grow in as well. I think I was 14, almost 15 when they were taken out. Fortunately, they were taken out during Christmas vacation so there wasn't any grief from school. I remember waking up in the middle of the surgery. They were yanking on something and I started yelling, and then I passed back out until I got home. :p

Namelessfengir
02-05-2010, 07:35 AM
i got mine out when i was 18. it was weird because it was just novocain'd so when they cut them in half to get them out... friggen smoke coming out of my mouth.... and i only had grown three of them for some reason

then they gave me vicodin...

Breine
02-05-2010, 12:04 PM
Never had any problems with mine, and so I still have them.

leader of mortals
02-05-2010, 03:37 PM
During the surgery, I thought to myself about 3 times whether or not the anesthesia would kick in, but apparently I had just woken up about 3 times without even knowing that I fell asleep.:D

Didn't feel anything, anyway.

Unbreakable Will
02-05-2010, 06:46 PM
My mum had to drive me home after my surgery. She said that I tried to get out of the moving car at least four times blathering incoherently about food.
Apparently anesthesia gives you raging munchies.

Chloe.
02-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Mine are still growing, I only have one at the moment. :p

vinnie's mini's
02-05-2010, 07:54 PM
I don't even have any yet (Well I think so anyway) :( I'm not looking forward to getting them since nearly everyone I know has had them removed -Shivers-.

Psychotic
02-05-2010, 07:55 PM
I have absolutely no idea. I have an advanced mouth that is several years older (in terms of teeth development) than my regular age, so I assume that I would've had them by now. The last time I had teeth pulled out was when I was 11. And they were proper sized teeth too! So it may have been them, it may not have been. Who knows!

Rye
02-09-2010, 10:45 AM
I don't want to get my wisdom teeth pulled. Aside from making my front teeth slightly less even, they've given me no trouble. ;_;

theundeadhero
02-09-2010, 11:34 AM
I've had all four of mine taken out over three visits to the dentists. Only one really needed to get out but I figured whatever. They didn't put me out. My mouth was numbed up and then they broke them and pulled out the pieces. Afterwards, I got percoset each time.