PDA

View Full Version : Create your own Mafia Roles/Set-up

leader of mortals
02-05-2010, 10:04 PM
Anyone who has played Mafia games on this forum may have, at one time, thought of a new role. Hosts have used them in thier own games(Ones that come to mind are my Blabbermouth, Horny Gay Faith Healer, and the Mafia Serial Killer), but if you don't plan to host, your ideas just go to waste! Well no more! In this thread, you can give ideas for new roles, or maybe even entire set-ups, and people can comment on them, and maybe future hosts could even use them in future games.

Here is an Idea I have had...

2 Suicidal Townies + 1 Shrink

Every night, the Shrink can investigate someone and get a sane/insane reading, but the Shrink will know of the 2 characters that are suicidal, and on night 2 he can choose to save one of them. This will mean that the suicidal townies will try their hardest to act smart, and the Shrink can choose whichever one he finds the smartest. Then, the previously Suicidal Townie will get a new role, with some sort of kick-ass description like...

Cured of your evil thoughts by *insert name of Shrink here*, you finally feel free! To help the town, you pick up your old gun again. Funny, it only has one bullet...

You are now a Gun-Holding Townie. Every night, you can choose whether or not to kill someone, and if you are killed during the night, your attacker dies with you. If you are lynched during the day, you have the powers of a Vengeful Townie. Choose wisely how to spend your only bullet.

So the Shrink will know the person is town, and the person will know who the shrink is.

What are your ideas for a role, or possibly even an entire set-up?

oddler
02-06-2010, 12:39 AM
You already know all mine, leader of mortals! :choc2:

~*~Celes~*~
02-06-2010, 12:43 AM
Note: I'm like, half serious. If even half. Maybe only 1/4 serious.

What if I made a roleclaim about a role i just made up in my very own head?

It's called: Pop Singer

On a random night, the mod links me to one of the sub forums of the game. I can view it and see who all is in there but I can't post anything and i can't join the forum, else i give myself away. I'm pro-town, and my goal is quite simply a kind of spy.

I haven't worked out exactly the whole description but yeah I totally had that idea suddenly in my head.

If you think this is completely 100 percent stupid, press 1.

Alternatively, if you could create any sort of role...what would it be, what does the role do, etc

Is it obvious that I'm bored yet? :|

I was going to make that as a claim if things got too bad for us :p

the name "Pop Singer" came about a) because i was listening to pop music at the time, b) i think i had more to the idea , but i can't remember precisely what it was other than that it involved lyrics.

qwertysaur
02-06-2010, 01:09 AM
Dud, Hag, Depressed Townie. :p

oddler
02-06-2010, 01:21 AM
Mafia Revenger

- Fills normal conditions of Mafia member
- If lynched, player my opt to "shoot" another player right before their death (similar to the ability of a Vengeful Townie)

Stalker

- May choose one player to "stalk" any time after Day 1, effectively "tracking" and "watching" that player during nights
- Once a player is chosen to "stalk", the player must "track" and "watch" that same player every night for the duration of the game
- Before choosing to "stalk" someone, the player is innocent; afterward, the player is guilty
- The role may or may not have a gun/knife
- Wins with Town

Psychotic
02-06-2010, 01:58 AM
Juicer
Every time you get another player to use the phrase "The juice is loose!" you may choose to juice another player during the day. This kills them, but you get a delicious smoothie out of it.

Laddy
02-06-2010, 04:31 AM
Juicer
Every time you get another player to use the phrase "The juice is loose!" you may choose to juice another player during the day. This kills them, but you get a delicious smoothie out of it.
I lol'd.

leader of mortals
02-06-2010, 05:18 AM
Cyborg: The incredibly overpowered role that lets you choose to Protect, Investigate, Track, or Watch, balanced by only being able to use a power once every other night, starting on night 1, or any other night if you want to save your move for when you might need it.

Mafia Instigator: Forces another player to use their night action on them. If there is a Mafia Doctor, this role may be good to both confuse and remove the threat of a Vigilante.

Trustworthy Mafia: Chooses 1 mafia member per night to hang out with, and that mafia member will be innocent. This character also comes up innocent upon investigation, until a mafia member that he hung out with is killed and revealed as guilty.

Mafia Hypnotist: Can take control of a person's night action. Only gets 2 chances to use his night action, and can only control 1 person. For example, he picks someone and gets doctor, and he can either take a chance and try one more person, or control the doctor. If he has control of a night action, the person he is in control of won't know they are being controlled, and will continue sending in night actions. If they are investigative, they will get the investigation for the person the hypnotist says, and will not know why. A shrink that investigates a hypnotized person will cure the person, and the hypnotist will not know it. He will cease getting results from investigative roles, and he will not be in control of any other roles.

Del Murder
02-06-2010, 08:32 AM
I don't want to give away my roles because I may actually use some of them in Del's mindsmurf.

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-06-2010, 08:52 AM
Random idea:

---
Whore/Prostitute

Starts as a Town with night ability to sleep with any player who they choose, though they cannot sleep with a single player more than once. They can only opt out of using their power every other night. If either they or the person they are sleeping with is investigated, they will appear innocent. If the player sleeps with the Godfather, they become his Mistress therefore will then only win with the Mafia. They will also lose all night actions, consequentially they will not have a vote within the Mafia.

If whoever they're sleeping with is killed during the night, they will die too.
---

Sorta a sucky role to have. :S

qwertysaur
02-06-2010, 12:08 PM
Ghost and Golem.

The Golem starts as an inactive account. When the Ghost dies, he/she possess the Golem and continues playing. At any time the Ghost can commit suicide to switch, and both roles flip as Vanilla Town. :p

Baloki
03-21-2010, 11:50 AM
Welcome

Baloki, no necroposting. ~ShlupQuack