PDA

View Full Version : Noob Question Part Deux

Wolf Kanno
02-06-2010, 05:34 PM
So I've been playing the game a bit more and actually doing Missions and Quests for once. I have a few quick Questions...

1. Where can I get an Uosse (sp?) (a type of fish for the Ghost at the Lighthouse Quest) the one site I checked told me to buy it at the auction house but its unavailable for the moment.

2. How do I actually do crafting? I've been trying to Blacksmith, Synthesize and I've even taken up the quest for the new Synergy Craft but wih the exception of the last one I seem to be at a loss to how to even start. I have yet to find a guide to help me with this. Do I need to complete a quest or short task before I can get access to the ability to do these specific crafts or do I have the means now and I am just being a bit thick about this?

Del Murder
02-06-2010, 06:00 PM
1. Fish need to be fished up with a rod and bait. I have no idea what that fish or quest is though.

2. You craft by using crystals. Just go to your inventory and use a crystal like you would use an item. Then you put the appropriate materials in the boxes that you wish to synthesize together. Each synthesis recipe has a level, and high level ones will be out of your reach until you skill up (you skill up by crafting). There's no quest you need to do before you craft. As long as you have the right materials you can attempt any recipe.

Crafts - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more (http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Crafting) will show you all the crafts along with the recipe's and appropriate level caps for the recipe. That should help you get started.

Wolf Kanno
02-08-2010, 07:23 PM
That helped a lot. Thank you. :D