PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl - Indianapolis v New Orleans

charliepanayi
02-07-2010, 09:56 PM
Colts to win. Probably. I think their extra experience of the big game might help them come out on top. But maybe being the underdogs will help the Saints not be as nervy as they seemed to be against Minnesota.

Hoping it's a good one anyway.

Shlup
02-07-2010, 10:07 PM
I am declaring this the "legit discussion thread" and it shall stay open. The thread in Gen Chat is the "suuuuuuuuuuuuuper boooooooooooooowl" thread for parties. Spam will not be permitted in this thread.

That said, I know nothing about either of these teams and am not interested in football. I do know the rules though because I r a smart.

Raistlin
02-07-2010, 10:35 PM
I am definitely rooting for the Saints. I consider the Colts slightly more likely to win, but if the Saints' D pressures Manning like they did Favre, Manning could be in for a long night.

Moon Rabbits
02-07-2010, 10:45 PM
"Hi, I'm Tim Tebow and the doctors told my mother to get an abortion because she got ill in the Philippines even though abortion has been illegal in the Philippines since 1930 and punishable by a prison sentence so really it's very doubtful that a doctor suggested she get an abortion and we are just being douche bags about this whole women's rights to her own body thing."

charliepanayi
02-07-2010, 10:47 PM
Manning isn't Favre, and despite all their best attempts to hand New Orleans the game, Minnesota still could have won. New Orleans will need to be less wound up tonight.

NorthernChaosGod
02-07-2010, 11:43 PM
And the Colts are on the board first. Sweet.

And a touchdown, awesome.

Momiji
02-08-2010, 12:23 AM
Looks like I'm watching this after all, despite saying that I wasn't in the GC thread.

Go Colts, I suppose.

Tavrobel
02-08-2010, 02:46 AM
Game over. Saints win.

Didn't get interesting until Q4, just as I expected.

Rase
02-08-2010, 02:51 AM
I won a pizza thanks to the Saints winning. I'm happy.

Momiji
02-08-2010, 02:51 AM
That was a pretty impressive play near the end. It almost looked as if he said 'hey look over there!' when he pointed xD

Goldenboko
02-08-2010, 03:07 AM
We had a huge party going on and the place erupted the moment the interception was thrown.

I really thought the onside kick to start the second half, while risky and the Coach would've looked terrible if it didn't work, was a great in terms of drama.

Raistlin
02-08-2010, 03:08 AM
Huzzah! Good job, Saints.

"Hi, I'm Tim Tebow and the doctors told my mother to get an abortion because she got ill in the Philippines even though abortion has been illegal in the Philippines since 1930 and punishable by a prison sentence so really it's very doubtful that a doctor suggested she get an abortion and we are just being douche bags about this whole women's rights to her own body thing."

The Tim Tebow nonsense is painful. I look forward to him falling to the 4th round and doing nothing in the NFL for a good 4-5 years.

Tavrobel
02-08-2010, 03:24 AM
Well, time to troll everyone who visits the frontsite.

Raistlin
02-08-2010, 04:25 AM
I heartily approve.

Del Murder
02-08-2010, 05:05 AM
Sean Payton has balls. Missed it on 4th and goal, but that doesn't stop him from opening up the second half with an onside kick. Cool that the Saints won. That town deserves it.

charliepanayi
02-08-2010, 09:08 AM
Well I was wrong.

Not as good as the last two Superbowls maybe but a good game. When Indianapolis went 10-0 up I was starting to wonder if New Orleans were going to get blown out, but their defence really stepped up after that. Brees was great, and their kicker just nailed those three longish field goals.

Raistlin
02-08-2010, 06:16 PM
Sean Payton has balls. Missed it on 4th and goal, but that doesn't stop him from opening up the second half with an onside kick.

Yeah, that onside kick in the Super Bowl was a badass call. It does not get more ballsy than that.

ljkkjlcm9
02-08-2010, 06:25 PM
In the end, Peyton Manning lost the game... just like Brett Favre did. It was close the entire time until that interception. Which, I called, because I knew, and the Saints also knew, he was going to be driving down the field with passes like that. It was only a matter of time at the end of the game. I was ecstatic.

Also, seeing Brees and his son after the game was the most adorable thing I've ever seen, and I'm happy for him.

THE JACKEL

charliepanayi
02-08-2010, 07:58 PM
In the end, Peyton Manning lost the game... just like Brett Favre did.

Way to oversimplify both situations.

ljkkjlcm9
02-08-2010, 08:06 PM
In the end, Peyton Manning lost the game... just like Brett Favre did.

Way to oversimplify both situations.

If the quarterback continues to be the most common player to get MVP of the league and superbowl games, though I'd say the interception by Tracy Porter(and the entire defense during the game) or the recovery by J. Casillas during the onside kick had bigger impacts... then yes, I will say that the QB on teams LOSE the game. Especially when Brett Favre threw an interception when their team was within field goal range to win the game... and especially when Peyton Manning was trying to force throws to get down the field fast and score to tie it. Anyone and everyone should have seen that interception coming.

With all the emphasis on the QB, just because it's the easiest position to single out, I'm going to do it too. It can't just be positive emphasis, on them, they need a good heaping of negative too.

The game may not have been all about those plays, but until both of them, they very much had a chance to win. They were the final nails in the coffin.

THE JACKAL

charliepanayi
02-08-2010, 09:16 PM
You're boiling things down to one incident, but Favre's interception was partially a result of poor play-calling and a really dumb penalty to give away, which forced his throw. And there were the fumbles. Similarly, Manning's interception isn't why they lost the game per se, the onside kick gamble that paid off, Brees' completion rate and the sterling work of the New Orleans defence were all big factors.

This wasn't a Superbowl where a team lost the game, New Orleans won it.

Bunny
02-08-2010, 10:38 PM
Jackal, how much of your opinion is colored by your dislike of Manning as a quarterback and person?

I wasn't disappointed with the outcome of the game but I would've been fine with a winner on either side. I'm glad Brees and New Orleans won it since, at the end of the night, they were the better team (after the first quarter, anyway) and deserved it more than the Colts. I like the numerous risks that Payton took as a coach, throwing out the stops with the gutsy calls.

Overall, good game. Enjoyed it.

rubah
02-09-2010, 03:19 AM
So, I hear the Superbowl ad writers hate women, y/n?

Raistlin
02-09-2010, 03:47 AM
More like the Super Bowl ad writers hate humor and intelligence.

Del Murder
02-09-2010, 03:49 AM
I liked Letterman's ad.

Goldenboko
02-09-2010, 03:56 AM
So, I hear the Superbowl ad writers hate women, y/n?

n. They where writing to appeal to the statistics. Don't like it? Buy more Fords and watch more Football. Also, accepting that men are attracted to boobs is not sexist.

Rase
02-09-2010, 03:59 AM
I liked the Dorito Samurai.

Raistlin
02-09-2010, 04:05 AM
I liked Letterman's ad.

I only caught the last second of that one. I stopped paying too much attention after the 5th or so Budweiser/Bud Light commercial.

Bunny
02-09-2010, 05:31 AM
The first screaming chicken Denny's ad and the Dorito Samurai were among the funniest. The beer commercials, Tebow's abortion bull:bou::bou::bou::bou: and the GoDaddy.com :bou::bou::bou::bou: were annoying.

NorthernChaosGod
02-09-2010, 05:39 AM
I liked Letterman's ad.

I only caught the last second of that one. I stopped paying too much attention after the 5th or so Budweiser/Bud Light commercial.
Those were hella annoying, it made me want to take back the case I bought and exchange it for Coors or something.

The first screaming chicken Denny's ad and the Dorito Samurai were among the funniest. The beer commercials, Tebow's abortion bull:bou::bou::bou::bou: and the GoDaddy.com :bou::bou::bou::bou: were annoying.

The Dorito Samurai was hilarious, I loved it.

Sephex
02-09-2010, 09:50 PM
http://images.smarter.com/blogs/peyton2.jpg
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s26/Sephex/doritos.png
http://www.chron.com/photos/2010/02/07/20353316/260xStory.jpg