PDA

View Full Version : Do you sell your games? Why?

asukaevaunit02
02-08-2010, 04:09 PM
I've been thinking about getting rid of some of my games lately, as I realised I bought many of them and played half of them decently (usually finished) and the other half, barely at all if at all.

So do you sell your games when finished with them or do you keep them?
When is the time you sell games? i.e. no longer fun, boring, complete etc...
And where do you sell them?

I generally keep ones that I've really enjoyed. But the thought of selling games seems a bit odd to me as I also like to keep/collect/show off games... even if I don't particulary like them or play them.

Games that I'm thinking of selling:
PS3:
Cid Mier's Civilisation Revolution - demo was good played for a while,but just takes forever to play, haven't played in a few months
Tomb Raider Underworld - bought last week, just didn't enjoy it, even though it looked really pretty
Soulcalibur 4 (possibly) - just gets frustrating online... getting less enjoyable
PS2:
Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 - played a few hours of 1 was ok ut not drawn in too much, and havnt played 2 due to assuming I need ot finish 1 first
Need For Speed Most Wanted - played once on ps3 and thought was rubbish, looked horrible and slow
Okami - didn't get what the hype was about, got boring/repetitive fast

Flying Mullet
02-08-2010, 04:17 PM
I rarely sell my games. Most games I buy I know I will enjoy to some degree so I intend to keep them. As time goes on, I'm always glad I have them, especially as they become older and harder to find.

Aerith's Knight
02-08-2010, 04:21 PM
I'm not that poor.

Momiji
02-08-2010, 04:29 PM
I generally trade in or sell games I don't play anymore so I can have money for new ones (do note that 'new' does not always mean 'new' in the sense of new releases, even really old games can be new to me if I've never played them :p)

Rantz
02-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Nevar. Then again, I very rarely buy new ones either. xD

qwertysaur
02-08-2010, 05:52 PM
I like having a large collection of games, so no :p

Madame Adequate
02-08-2010, 06:12 PM
Very rarely anymore. I traded a few things in to get a new 360 when my old one broke, but otherwise I don't these days.

Raistlin
02-08-2010, 06:20 PM
My mom's development has a big yard sale date once a year, and I've sold some old games at that. I'll dig through and pick out all previous years' sports games and other games that I never play and sell them really cheap.

I don't care enough to go to a gamestore and sell all of my games, though. I rarely buy new games nowadays anyway, so most of my current stock I intend on keeping.

ljkkjlcm9
02-08-2010, 06:28 PM
I never sell my games, and I always end up with large collections.

One of my friends is trying to get me to start pirating DS, Wii, and PC games (3 of the 4 platforms I play on). I refuse to do so because I like having the game, even if I don't ever intend to play it again. In the long run, I could play it again, and they're not really that expensive. Maybe if you're like him and you get 5 new games every week. I honestly get so annoyed that I haven't even beaten the last game he told me was awesome and to get, and he's already saying, "Oh get this game, and this one." I've gotten to the point that as soon as he mentions I game I just say, not interested.

THE JACKEL

Vermachtnis
02-08-2010, 06:43 PM
Yea I sell my games sometimes. Games I'll probably never play again. And to cover me on "New" games. I've got a bunch of old games that'll net me like 2 dollars so I don't bother with them and keep them.

black orb
02-08-2010, 06:57 PM
>>> I sell my games because i need money to buy other games..:luca:

NorthernChaosGod
02-08-2010, 08:03 PM
I have never sold any of my games nor do I plan on it any time in the future. I don't like the idea of me selling a game for $5 and then Gamestop turning around and charging triple that price.

Bolivar
02-08-2010, 08:30 PM
No. And there's really no one reason for it - it's just something I don't do and doesn't ever occur to me.

I would like to think I buy games that I know I'll like for a long time. I'm always going back and replaying older games, even newer PS3 ones.

Depression Moon
02-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 - played a few hours of 1 was ok ut not drawn in too much, and havnt played 2 due to assuming I need ot finish 1 first
Okami - didn't get what the hype was about, got boring/repetitive fast

WHAAAAT!

Yeargdribble
02-08-2010, 10:02 PM
I like having a collection and the paltry sum I can get for selling the game is not worth more than the satisfaction of seeing it on my shelf, and who knows. Once in a blue moon I might actually play it again.

The idea of selling a game so that I might get another game for 5 bucks less just doesn't seem appealing to me and the GameStop model makes me sick in my mouth knowing that someone sold back a game, got very little for it, and if it's new enough you'll see it on the shelf for $57 used when it's $60 new. To hell with that.

AntRid
02-08-2010, 10:06 PM
I’ve traded in games in the past but now I just hang onto them. It’s not really worth it.

Levian
02-08-2010, 10:36 PM
I sold my Gamecube as well as a bunch of games a couple years ago. Figured I should sell it while it was still worth something. I kept the few games I just had to keep however, which was Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine and Resident Evil Zero. I sold around 10 games, and I don't miss any of them, so it was a good call I suppose.

I really can't sell any games that are even kinda fun. I get urges to play games I don't have. :( I can only sell boring games.

VeloZer0
02-09-2010, 01:36 AM
I never sell my games because:

1) I'm very discerning about the games I buy, so the games I own are ones that I want to come back to again years later.

2) I don't believe in buying of used games. To me buying a used game is the same as pirating a copy, as the developer gets no money either way. I pay for games I feel are worth supporting the developer, and go the much cheaper route for games I just want to try out.

Mo-Nercy
02-09-2010, 02:13 AM
I only very rarely sell or trade my games. I'm a conservative video game buyer, I usually only buy I know I'd like (Dynasty Warriors, Tekkens, Soul Caliburs) or games that I know will be good (Bayonetta, Little Big Planet).

I can't remember the last game I sold personally, but while my girlfriend was in China, I volunteered to sell off her old Sims 2 and all the expansions she had (which was everything 'cept the 'Stuff' packs) and buy her Sims 3 with the moneys earned.

I'm also wanting to get rid of Transformers Revenge of the Fallen. It came free with the PS3 my girlfriend gave me and it's an awful awful game.

Jiro
02-09-2010, 08:54 AM
I get urges to play games again after a long time so I hang onto mine.

Slothy
02-09-2010, 11:41 AM
I don't trade my games because I generally only buy stuff I like and will want to play again eventually. The only exception in recent history was GTA4. I traded it while it was still worth a decent amount at EB so I could get Killzone 2. Since I found GTA4 boring as hell and Killzone 2 was actually fun, I don't regret it one bit.

Rase
02-09-2010, 03:31 PM
I have no problem trading in games that I know I will never touch again. Games like New Super Mario Bros. for DS or Pokemon Pearl I had not played for roughly six months before selling them, and I still have never felt the urge to play through any game I've sold again (plus since those two were popular Nintendo games I got $25 for each). It also helps that I have a local store called Entertainmart that actually buys used games for a decent price (and sells used movies, games, and CD's at quite low prices). I have no problem buying used games either; if not for that I would own no games for my PS2 (rather than twenty), and only three for my 306 (instead of nine). Plus being able to get Silent Hill 2 for $10 and Metal Gear Solid 1,2, and 3 for $30 makes me a happy man.

Zeromus_X
02-10-2010, 05:29 AM
Unless it's a game I didn't like/don't plan to play again, I usually never sell games. There's always the chance a friend will want to borrow it, or I'll get nostalgic and want to pop the game in for a while.

Wolf Kanno
02-10-2010, 08:35 AM
I'm a collector at heart so the idea of selling a game is complete blasphemy to me. Though I do buy games that suit my taste so I genuinely love the majority of my collection and lord knows nothing is more satisfying that looking up rare games on ebay or Amazon.com only to discover you are sitting on a small fortune. I once had a friend come over and he saw my collection of PS1 games and was just floored at all the rare titles I own, he then threatened to murder me and steal my collection after I showed him my NES collection.

Hell I'm constantly looking for games to add to my collection and have been taking great advantage of the new console generation to finally pick up all the PS2 titles I wanted for cheap. I really need to start getting in on the Gamecube as well since I own a Wii...

Mirage
02-10-2010, 08:54 AM
I don't sell games because I only buy the ones that I really like.