PDA

View Full Version : Even Square Doesn't Know What Wada's Smoking

Depression Moon
02-11-2010, 03:14 AM
Square Enix Talks Final Fantasy XIII + Submit Your Questions – PlayStation.Blog (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/02/square-enix-talks-final-fantasy-xiii-submit-your-questions/)

How do you feel about Yoichi Wada’s statement that Final Fantasy XIII will be the last game of its kind for Square Enix (http://www.square-enix.com/jp/)?
We don’t know exactly what he meant by that. We don’t really know what he meant by this style of game. If you consider that during Final Fantasy XIII’s development, at peak time the team consisted of over 300 people. It was a huge team, plus it took a several long years to get the game finished. So, if Mr Wada meant that we would never make another Final Fantasy title with the similar number of people, taking as long as FFXIII did, we would agree. Obviously in the future we want to be much more efficient. Having worked on XIII, we feel that we have got much better at making good games for high definition consoles. In the future our teams will be smaller and more effectively run. We suspect that is what Mr Wada meant by his statement.

Edit: Oh I just realized a made a thread a while ago discussing that quote with Wada. This can be movied there or I can just post in that thread while this one is deleted.

JKTrix
02-11-2010, 02:42 PM
This was from an entirely separate interview, so I'd think it's fine. I posted both news articles on the front page (and the one relating to this one a few days ago).

There's some more interesting stuff in that interview, like there being no New Game+ and such.

Lightening
02-11-2010, 06:08 PM
your link doesn't work for me

I'm very glad to hear that future final fantasy games won't take this long to develop, i've been waiting for this game for aaaaages it feels like.

demondude
02-11-2010, 06:34 PM
Thank god. :colbert: long waits make me a sad demondude.

Bolivar
02-11-2010, 07:52 PM
I'm pretty sure he knows what he meant.

I could be wrong but it seemed like Wada said they were making the game because they were already locked in to creating an experience for the fans and really weren't able to go beyond FFX & X-2 like they should with a Final Fantasy. I just really got the feeling that he was saying there's no innovation in this title, only fanservice.