PDA

View Full Version : Parasite Eve anyone?

Saber
02-12-2010, 12:44 PM
So I've decided to play these games again so before I started with PE2 I wanted to get the giffs of what happened in the 1st one before hand. So after three days of playing I've made it to the final battle.

Anyways I have not yet beaten 2 cause I always get stuck at the same place. This time I'm going to be using a guide, just so I get through it.

Have any of you played these games and what would you say about them?

Marshall Banana
02-12-2010, 01:08 PM
I rented Parasite Eve long ago when I was a kid, but the game repeatedly froze on me after just an hour or two of gameplay, and I never picked it up again!

I really do want to play it, though. I think it's time for me to download it (before I forget again)! :kauberry:

Slothy
02-12-2010, 01:31 PM
Never did play the second one, but Parasite Eve is one of my favourite games from the Playstation era, and definitely one of the best things Square ever made. I really wish they'd take a shot on new IP's like it again.

Saber
02-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Its a game worth downloading and checking into. I can't wait to start playing PEII.

What I like about the game is that you can build your own weapon. I have yet to find the best combos but the weapon I got right now is (from what I read) the internets favorite. Every site I visited said the weapon is worth making so I did. but I'm going to take time to build my own ideas too.

Bolivar
02-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Played through a good chunk of it, but years ago, with gameshark, and I really liked it a lot. Yes, they should do more things like this.

Mercen-X
02-16-2010, 07:07 PM
Anyways I have not yet beaten 2 cause I always get stuck at the same place. This time I'm going to be using a guide, just so I get through it.

I beat 2 w/o guide, but there was mention of bonus material, something like getting an extra item for a second playthrough due to having a certain number of items left in my pack. I never actually played it again. I believe I own PE, it's probably in a box somewhere. I know that I beat the first boss and haven't played since. I had a similar experience with FFT, however, I won the first battle but forgot to save and died in the next battle. It's been about four years since and I'm still iffy about playing because of how DAMN long the cutscenes are.

Saber
02-18-2010, 12:42 PM
I just started Parasite eve 2 and I don't think I'm going to play it. The controls are like resident evil (early games, 1,2,3 not 4 and 5) as if the whole idea wasn't a rip from resident evil to begin with. I'm sure it gets better but I'm just not up for it at the moment. Maybe somewhere down the future I'll play it. As for now though I would rather play resident evil.

LunarWeaver
02-18-2010, 04:23 PM
I loved the first one when I was younger. I played it again a few years ago. I rented the second and never finished it. That's too bad. I'm not sure that without nostalgia I would like it.

I've been waiting for the 3rd game forever. It's been in development since the dinosaurs roamed. I don't own a PSP, but maybe some day.

Breine
03-18-2010, 12:09 AM
Never played any of the games, but I've always been very interested in trying them.

Are any of them available on PlayStation Store?

Kumo
03-20-2010, 02:26 PM
I've been trying to buy these on eBay lately but the bidding usually goes above $20 for the game! I hope they bring it out on PSN soon (I don't think they have yet.)

ANGRYWOLF
03-21-2010, 12:36 AM
and passed...

I have heard good things about it.I regard it as a series Square should have kept going but abandoned along with Mana, Ogre Battle and other series they hold the rights to.
I regard that as sad and quite frankly bad business on their part.

:mad2:

Shotgunnova
03-25-2010, 11:09 AM
Ahh, Parasite Eve. Pretty fun li'l romp and has lots of replayability because it's rather short. Fun soundtrack too, especially the funky NYC world map theme. Never did play the 2nd one but would pick it up in a heartbeat if I could...seem to remember it getting mixed reactions from PE-lovers.

Saber
03-25-2010, 04:41 PM
Well I've played part 2 for a bit and got to a guy with a flame thrower for a mouth. Read online that you get something special from beating him in three mins. So I'm currently taking a break. Its just so different then the first one and in my opinion the first one had it right.

Polnareff
04-11-2010, 10:13 PM
I've been trying to buy these on eBay lately but the bidding usually goes above $20 for the game! I hope they bring it out on PSN soon (I don't think they have yet.)

Good luck with that, as IIRC the games are based off some novels or something like that. I also hope for a PSN release though.

Maybe with them making The 3rd Birthday they can re-release the originals?

black orb
04-11-2010, 10:49 PM
>>> It was a torture, I remember getting stuck every 5 minutes in this game..:luca:
I dont want to play it again..

Monol
04-17-2010, 07:25 PM
Ahhh this game is sooo freaky

Wicked fun though

cool concepts even if your not so into the gameplay

worth playing imo

Clo
04-27-2010, 04:01 AM
The storyline seemed great, but my GOD, I could not handle the battle system. Ew.

Saber
04-27-2010, 04:12 AM
Parasite eve 1 I liked a bunch I had a pretty powerful gun and got through the game twice. The battle system was not what threw me off. The storyline and sperm banks is what got me. Sure they did what they could and the game can be beaten in 4-6 hours.

Parasite 2 is a lot more difficult in the controls. In order to move backwards you have to turn around and then press forward. Its just difficult for me. It was a great addition to the original but it lacked the great qualities I liked about the first one.

Hot Shot
04-27-2010, 08:29 AM
I played this game AGES ago and I loved it! I wanna try and get my hands on both of them again and play it again. Hopefully, I can get a new PSP and play it on that.

unjust
06-26-2010, 03:31 AM
i played it when i was young a and i have it but it doesnt work havent finished it

Rostum
06-26-2010, 11:57 AM
I loved the second one. Can't wait for the third one to come out.

theundeadhero
06-26-2010, 03:26 PM
I have the first one and enjoyed it when I played through it a million years ago. I don't remember the story much anymore. I guess I'll have to replay it soon.

Saber
06-26-2010, 04:30 PM
I didn't know there was going to be a third one. Anyways yay!!

I quit the second one cause Final Fantasy XIII came out and I started playing that instead. I will get back to it someday.

Shadowdust
07-03-2010, 01:08 AM
Its just so different then the first one and in my opinion the first one had it right.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I really enjoyed the first one and once I understood the battle system, it made the game that much better. The second one has an interesting story but was very difficult for me to play through due to the controls and battle system. I honestly wish they would've just done an improved version of the original battle system rather than just scrapping it. To this day, I can't beat it without some sort of cheat enabled.

The 3rd Birthday looks interesting. Apparently you get to control other combatants in it and I'm curious how that will play out. I really wish they would do one of these games for the PS3 so I don't have to deal with my hand cramping up on the PSP. :p I guess beggars can't be choosers though.

ShinGundam
07-20-2010, 02:13 PM
Complete E3 trailer
YouTube - Parasite Eve the Third Birthday - Complete E3 Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YieoURCBSXE)