PDA

View Full Version : People that annoy you

leader of mortals
02-12-2010, 08:34 PM
What types of people really annoy you. I'm not talking about someone that is a dick, like someone who pokes and prods you and talks to you when you don"t want to hear it, but rather something different, for example...

1. Someone who says that things were made better back in the day. I don't want to hear it.

2. Someone who announces something before they do it. Either I can see you are getting your fricken mashed potatoes, or I don't care.

3. Someone who constantly states the obvious. Yes, I was aware that he caught the ball, thank you.

My grandpa fits all of the characteristics I said, actually.

Rye
02-12-2010, 08:58 PM
I hope this thread doesn't become about specific members, please!

The only thing that really comes to mind is... I dislike those who feel that a person is unqualified to do their job just because of their personal decisions or moral judgements or what not. Good example being Tiger Woods. Okay, he cheated on his wife. That really sucks. But does that effect his ability to hit a ball? Why is he being dropped from golf? Is his ability to hit said ball directly correlated to his fidelity? It makes no sense. Same with the Bill Clinton scandal.

nik0tine
02-12-2010, 09:01 PM
2. Someone who announces something before they do it. Either I can see you are getting your fricken mashed potatoes, or I don't care.This. People who are too lazy to actually succeed in life find temporary happiness in discussing their 'plans' that will obviously never come to fruition.

leader of mortals
02-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Yes, please don't allow this to become a flaming thread. If you want to talk about someone, talk about someone from your own life, without them knowing;)

Tavrobel
02-12-2010, 09:04 PM
I hope this thread doesn't become about specific members, please!

Goddamnit.

Many types of people annoy me. I get over it.

Raistlin
02-12-2010, 09:09 PM
People who interrupt me when I'm reading, especially just to ask insignificant questions like "what are you reading?" Since apparently everyone in the entire universe does this, people in general annoy me.

Miriel
02-12-2010, 11:51 PM
Slow drivers in the non-slow driving lanes.

ARGH. Move the smurf over!

Meat Puppet
02-12-2010, 11:53 PM
Good example being Tiger Woods. Okay, he cheated on his wife. That really sucks. But does that effect his ability to hit a ball? Why is he being dropped from golf? Is his ability to hit said ball directly correlated to his fidelity? It makes no sense. Same with the Bill Clinton scandal.

FUCK YEAH that Tiger Woods thing pissed me off. It’s not like he murdered 100 babies or something geez. And there are like all these online polls and :bou::bou::bou::bou: asking opinions if Tiger should quit golf... wtf is this :bou::bou::bou::bou:? Quit golf, why? I thought he was good at it! Besides, that whole thing just made me think Tiger Woods is even more awesome, like some kind of badass rockstar or something.

LunarWeaver
02-13-2010, 12:08 AM
Multiple times I have had people come in my room, wake me up, and then say, "Oh, were you sleeping?"

Yes. When you called my name until I woke up, I was sleeping. Yes. Yes, I was.

Cuchulainn
02-13-2010, 12:18 AM
Craig Bellamy

Iain Paisley

David Cameron

Rangers Fans

Liverpool Fans

Citeh Fans

Shiny
02-13-2010, 12:22 AM
People who get away with doing horrible things to other people without even a slap on the wrist.

Marshall Banana
02-13-2010, 12:32 AM
I kind of hate males in general! :goomba:

Bastian
02-13-2010, 12:33 AM
People who cannot understand the difference between opinion and fact. Most of day-to-day friends are music elitists who think that if the album wasn't recorded in some guy's bedroom and released on a completely obscure indie label then it must be utter trash. No, it's worse than that. I have a friend who seems to think that if you can actually relate to or enjoy an album, it must be pop-y trash.

Also, people who cannot understand irony.

KentaRawr!
02-13-2010, 12:42 AM
People who get annoyed easily annoy me. Like, 4serius, cool it bro, or imma have to cool it aaaaah

Captain Maxx Power
02-13-2010, 12:47 AM
OK I'd like to solve the puzzle...

NorthernChaosGod
02-13-2010, 02:36 AM
Stupid people, especially stupid people who don't think they're stupid. I had someone argue with me for over ten minutes that cannabis is not a drug in any sense of the word.

The only thing that really comes to mind is... I dislike those who feel that a person is unqualified to do their job just because of their personal decisions or moral judgements or what not. Good example being Tiger Woods. Okay, he cheated on his wife. That really sucks. But does that effect his ability to hit a ball? Why is he being dropped from golf? Is his ability to hit said ball directly correlated to his fidelity? It makes no sense. Same with the Bill Clinton scandal.

I agree with you on the Tiger thing, but I think honesty and fidelity have a lot more to do with politics than not.

Vermachtnis
02-13-2010, 03:08 AM
People who get annoyed easily annoy me. Like, 4serius, cool it bro, or imma have to cool it aaaaah

Same here. People who take everything too seriously annoy me. Are people who enjoy something a certain way and if you don't enjoy it like them, you're doing it wrong. We like the same thing so we should be friends, but nooooo, you gotta be a jackass about it.

leader of mortals
02-13-2010, 03:45 AM
People who cannot understand the difference between opinion and fact. Most of day-to-day friends are music elitists who think that if the album wasn't recorded in some guy's bedroom and released on a completely obscure indie label then it must be utter trash. No, it's worse than that. I have a friend who seems to think that if you can actually relate to or enjoy an album, it must be pop-y trash.

Also, people who cannot understand irony.

Because of that last line, I spent a minute looking through your post for a joke. I hope there wasn't one, or else I fail horribly.

Also, another thing... People who disagree with a subject without knowing even one side. My "friend", a term I use very loosely in this case, hated Obama for many reasons, including how Obama will have people that make more money pay more taxes. Anyone with a brain wave should know that people who make more already pay more taxes, but he didn't, and he also didn't believe us when we said they do.

Wow, I hate a lot of people, I must be a bad person:|

Psychotic
02-13-2010, 04:03 AM
I hate people whose ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, class status or taste in music/films/television/video games differs from mine, but most of all, I hate the Welsh.

rubah
02-13-2010, 04:12 AM
people who are afraid of differing backgrounds

PuPu
02-13-2010, 04:33 AM
Music elitists. I'll be honest here, I'm a huge one myself. Though I will say things like "Ugh, don't really like this band" I won't say stuff like "This band sux."

...At least I wouldn't do that unless they actually tried convincing me that their music was better than mine.

Actually, the fact that they're acting like music elitists isn't what actually bothers me the most; it's the fact that they suck at being elitist, 99% of the time, that bothers me the most.

(See sig for the three types of music with the most wannabe elitists that I've experienced)

NorthernChaosGod
02-13-2010, 05:42 AM

Same here. People who take everything too seriously annoy me. Are people who enjoy something a certain way and if you don't enjoy it like them, you're doing it wrong. We like the same thing so we should be friends, but nooooo, you gotta be a jackass about it.

Like tourneyfags?

Goldenboko
02-13-2010, 06:29 AM

There's a time and place for seriousness! Halo 3 is not the place, nor the time xD

Music elitists. I'll be honest here, I'm a huge one myself. Though I will say things like "Ugh, don't really like this band" I won't say stuff like "This band sux."

I can understand not liking true blue music elitism, however the second part is just silly. Are we to live our lives holding our tongue and watching our feet to never step on anyone else's toes? I will jokingly and seriously call any band sucky to people I know. Hell, I'll say much worse then that. Does it really matter whether I say I think the band someone's playing "Sucks serious :bou::bou::bou::bou:", or "Well, I really don't like this band." No. Maybe it'd be inappropriate to say the former around and to people I don't know, however I don't find it necessary to watch my tongue 24/7.

I hate people whose ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, class status or taste in music/films/television/video games differs from mine, but most of all, I hate the Welsh.

I approve.

Most of all though, I hate people who find it necessary to lay on the horn of they're fucking car. Don't honk at me while I'm in a car that says "Student Driver" on it you assholes.

Jiro
02-13-2010, 08:56 AM
Most of all though, I hate people who find it necessary to lay on the horn of they're smurfing car. Don't honk at me while I'm in a car that says "Student Driver" on it you assholes.

Look there's a kid who's just learning to drive, let's tailgate him and try to make him speed because I'm in a rush and I'm also a massive jerk who only cares about getting to where I'm going no matter how many poor kids I run off the road or scare to death.

Being a learner driver is dangerous. Not because you don't know how to drive, but because displaying plates (or whatever equivalent you have) seems to be a magnet for dickheads :(

Rye
02-13-2010, 09:20 AM

Ahhhhhhhh, yes yes yes. That was so annoying when I had to rush to work. Get out of the fast lane if you want to be going 45!

I sympathize with the student drivers and the over-honkers. xD I don't like when people honk too much. It's really unnecessary, unless you literally cannot switch lanes. Even with that slow drivers in the fast lane thing, I'll still just go around them. But you're not going to be finding student drivers on the freeway anyway!

Rodarian
02-13-2010, 09:27 AM
Most of all though, I hate people who find it necessary to lay on the horn of they're smurfing car. Don't honk at me while I'm in a car that says "Student Driver" on it you assholes.

Look there's a kid who's just learning to drive, let's tailgate him and try to make him speed because I'm in a rush and I'm also a massive jerk who only cares about getting to where I'm going no matter how many poor kids I run off the road or scare to death.

Being a learner driver is dangerous. Not because you don't know how to drive, but because displaying plates (or whatever equivalent you have) seems to be a magnet for dickheads :(

Thats so true.... I must admit I was one dickhead at one point... This lady was really driving terribly on the highway... And I getting horned at the back for not trying to over take...How hell can when I boxed other sides !! I vented at the poor lady !

Madame Adequate
02-13-2010, 09:51 AM
People who play too much ODST then insult me because I spend my time having sex with a girl :colbert: Also overly negative people.

Rye
02-13-2010, 10:02 AM
People who play too much ODST then insult me because I spend my time having sex with a girl :colbert: Also overly negative people.

Oh you did not just... oh no... Kumar, I have nothing to do with this! Spare me!

Faris
02-13-2010, 01:50 PM
3. Someone who constantly states the obvious. Yes, I was aware that he caught the ball, thank you.

Yes, my classmate/friend is like this. Also people, like her, who are insanely dependable when you're the opposite. Give me space and stop needing to do the same thing as me simultaneously, such as using the bathroom or buying from the vending machine, plzkthx. Lastly: Same topic loop. zomg, I don't always want to talk about work, school, that band, that show, that whatever!

blackmage_nuke
02-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Naggers

edit:

beaten to it :mad:

Mo-Nercy
02-13-2010, 02:27 PM

I agree with both of you. I feel horrible for learner drivers who get honked at for not reverse parking quickly enough, completing a three-point turn in three points or even just driving at the speed limit.

I hate tailgaters too. With city driving, most of time spent behind the wheel will be at or near traffic lights, so what's the point of wanting to go slightly faster. Unless you have a sixth sense that tells you that you won't make the next light unless you do 90kph for the next 500 metres, stfu with the horn and high beams and dangerous driving.

But probably more so than any other breed of driver, I find irresponsible provisional drivers the most annoying. I once encountered a car being driven by someone who had clearly just got his licence. He was doing well over the limit, had his mates dangling out the windows yelling godknowswhat at other motorists. I respect that if you pass your test, you have just as much right as anyone else to use the roads, but if you're going to act like a complete douchebag, take a chill pill. No one cares that you can drive. And I'm sure no one else but you thinks you're have a natural talent for it.

So anyway, I'm slightly behind this guy in a lane next to him. He tries to cross over into my lane but there's not enough room for him. My bonnet is well past his quarter panel, but he tries for it anyway. Luckily, it was a wide road and I'm able to swerve slightly away before laying on the horn. Then, for some reason, his friends all start making obscene gestures at me from in front, as if I had done something wrong. Little while later, he goes back to his lane because I guess he found the one I was in too slow and as he approaches an amber light, slams on the brakes when he should've clearly gone through it. He causes an accident behind him but drives off, not realising his role in it. Later on again, I'm behind him again because we've both turned off onto a smaller road that curves around a bay. He's excited to see there are no cars in front of him and floors it through a fairly long, gentle curve. Maybe he saw the guy who honked him in his rearview and wanted to show me how his Supra could own my Corolla. If his intention was to impress, it didn't go well, because he veered too close to the kerb and didn't realise his rear kerbside wheel had gone up a driveway. The car slams back down on the road violently as he drives through it and the aftermarket rear bumper comes loose and drags behind his car for another 200-300 metres before he has the common sense to stop.

Rantz
02-13-2010, 03:08 PM
People with pig-human hybrids in their sig are the worst. It's like, wanna change that sig buddy? And they're like no. And I'm like argh you utter douuuuuche get a life http://dl.dropbox.com/u/729269/Emoticons/shakefist.gif

Psychotic
02-13-2010, 06:44 PM
Yeah well your sig's not so hot either, buddy. When did writing text across the page like a normal person go out of fashion? I'm like, what the hell order do I read this in? "The were thirteen the days" or what? Don't even get me started on the changing colours. :colbert:

PuPu
02-13-2010, 06:56 PM
Are we to live our lives holding our tongue and watching our feet to never step on anyone else's toes? I will jokingly and seriously call any band sucky to people I know.

The point ------>
Your head

People always say that complain I'm too elitist to their music tastes, but the ironing is that I never start the elitism contest 99% of the time. But these wannabe elitists always whine that I'm too elitist because I happen to be better at being elitist than they are.

The only reason I hold my tongue is to try avoid an argument with the person that they clearly have no chance of winning, not because I'm afraid of hurting their feelings.

Does it really matter whether I say I think the band someone's playing "Sucks serious :bou::bou::bou::bou:", or "Well, I really don't like this band."

It does matter.

The former almost always get them butthurt enough to start to try and out-elitist me, the latter almost never does.

Once again, it's not mostly the elitism that bothers me. It's the fact that almost everybody is really bad at it, that bothers me.

Breine
02-13-2010, 07:18 PM
I tend to be very tolerant, so it usually takes a lot for me to complain out loud. Actually, people who complain way too much annoy me. Optimism is the way to go yo!

Raistlin
02-13-2010, 07:30 PM

Seriously. Around here there are a ton of old people drivers who go the speed limit (or less), regardless of the lane they're in.

qwertysaur
02-13-2010, 07:40 PM
My Mom sometimes purposely slows down when some jerks start tailgating her :bigsmile:

Zeldy
02-13-2010, 08:03 PM
Negative people get on my nerves. One of my friends does this thing where if I say something bad which has happened to me, it's happened to her and about 5x worse. It just annoys me so much xD It's not a competition!

Quindiana Jones
02-13-2010, 08:10 PM
I hate people that spout random clichés that they've been brainwashed into believing even though they have no clue as to the true meaning of the things they say.

~*~Celes~*~
02-13-2010, 08:27 PM
I can't stand people who use/take advantage of others. I don't mind making a cheesecake when you ask me to but if you're not going to do the dishes when I ask you to especially when the sink is nearly overflowing, forget it, no more cheesecakes :nonono:

VexNet
02-13-2010, 08:43 PM
a lot of things annoy me, but one of them are those people who on busses or at traffic lights, feel the need to press the button on either of these things after somebody else has done it before them, especially if they can clearly see that somebody has pressed the button before them. It's not the case that I must be the first to press it either, It's just a waste of time, pressing it again will do nothing. Pointless.

FaithWontFall
02-13-2010, 09:08 PM
My Mom sometimes purposely slows down when some jerks start tailgating her :bigsmile:

Hey my Mum does this too!:D
People that judge people on what they see bug me and also people who take up the entire pavement! What for?!!! Why do they do it?!

BardTard
02-13-2010, 09:50 PM
What types of people really annoy you. I'm not talking about someone that is a dick, like someone who pokes and prods you and talks to you when you don"t want to hear it, but rather something different, for example...

1. Someone who says that things were made better back in the day. I don't want to hear it.

2. Someone who announces something before they do it. Either I can see you are getting your fricken mashed potatoes, or I don't care.

My grandpa fits all of the characteristics I said, actually.

2 of these 3 things fit me. I don't think I have to say which ones they are. Haha.

Types of people that annoy me:

1. People who constantly talk about babies and trying to conceive. (My friend's stepbrother is watching something on TV at the moment about some pregnant girl...ugh)

2. People that are either hypocrites or just can't make up their mind. I can never tell the difference between these two seem to go hand in hand.

3. People who press you for information that you don't want to give because it will hurt someone's feelings. Example: "Why don't you come around anymore?" (Your house is nasty)

4. People who pretend they like something, or understand something (for reasons unknown) and don't even know when they agree with something that contradicts their beliefs.

That's all for now.

Crop
02-14-2010, 12:02 AM
I hate people who (mostly on facebook) say "good times" or "bad times". That's fine if you're talking about good/bad times that have past, but when people say "gonna stay in tonight, watch a film and chill out - good times!" it brings my piss to a boil. You don't know if it's going to be a good time yet, it hasn't happened. Moron.

I also hate people moaning about how much better things were "back in the day". Like they're all high and mighty because they know about it.

I also hate people who walk slowly in the street (unless they're really old, or have some sort of disability), I just want to punch them in the back of the head.

And most of all, I hate David Cameron with a passion. If there is one person I could punch in the face with no repercussions, it would be his smug mug.

Vermachtnis
02-14-2010, 12:45 AM

Me too! :D

Shlup
02-14-2010, 01:13 AM
I am annoyed by whiners and one-uppers and tend to avoid them. Not that we can't all whine and/or one-up sometimes, but when you do it enough that people come to expect that kind of behavior from you, I'm done.

Heh, I as well.

Lawr
02-14-2010, 01:53 AM
Hypocrites and people who are immature annoy me I guess. Getting annoyed will do absolutely nothing to make it any better so I just learn to get over it.

Heh, I as well.

Hey why don't you make a Facebook group about it?

Rad Bromance
02-14-2010, 03:13 AM
IT'S NAGGERS! :D

People who stereotype to ridiculous degrees have a tendency to annoy me.

I am annoyed by whiners and one-uppers and tend to avoid them. Not that we can't all whine and/or one-up sometimes, but when you do it enough that people come to expect that kind of behavior from you, I'm done.

My Mom sometimes purposely slows down when some jerks start tailgating her

Hey my Mum does this too!

Me too!

Heh, I as well.
I just slam on the breaks so they have to swerve their shiny new Escalade into the next lane and get honked at by other people. :p

Shlup
02-14-2010, 03:33 AM
IT'S NAGGERS! :D

Ehehehe, WIN.

Raistlin
02-14-2010, 03:36 AM
Oh wow, I'm ashamed I didn't realize that's what Maxx was referencing. South Park references are suitable for any conversation.

Rye
02-14-2010, 04:09 AM
Shame, Raistling!

NorthernChaosGod
02-14-2010, 05:59 AM
Oh wow, I'm ashamed I didn't realize that's what Maxx was referencing. South Park references are suitable for any conversation.

For shame.

Momiji
02-14-2010, 05:59 AM
Are we to live our lives holding our tongue and watching our feet to never step on anyone else's toes? I will jokingly and seriously call any band sucky to people I know.

The point ------>
Your head

People always say that complain I'm too elitist to their music tastes, but the ironing is that I never start the elitism contest 99% of the time. But these wannabe elitists always whine that I'm too elitist because I happen to be better at being elitist than they are.

The only reason I hold my tongue is to try avoid an argument with the person that they clearly have no chance of winning, not because I'm afraid of hurting their feelings.

Does it really matter whether I say I think the band someone's playing "Sucks serious :bou::bou::bou::bou:", or "Well, I really don't like this band."

It does matter.

The former almost always get them butthurt enough to start to try and out-elitist me, the latter almost never does.

Once again, it's not mostly the elitism that bothers me. It's the fact that almost everybody is really bad at it, that bothers me.

This has to be the most hilariously ridiculous post I have ever read. Good job.

What kind of people annoy me?... Hmm. Overprotective boyfriends. One of my friends who I've known since 7th grade got engaged to a guy she's only known for a few months, and now I can't so much as talk to her on MSN without him apparently pushing her aside and forcing himself into our conversation. It's not like I'm gonna steal your girlfriend, dude. We already decided that stuff wouldn't work out between us! Just a few weeks ago we exchanged cell numbers on Facebook since we were planning to meet up one evening, and he cut in and said 'oh you don't mind if I steal your number too do you? Call mine instead of hers if it's an emergency, because it costs less!' Uh, no. If, in the one-in-a-million chance I ever have an emergency that involves her, I'll be calling her directly, sorry.

Either way he called me the same night asking if she was still with me (I was already back at home), saying that she wouldn't pick up her phone. He said he was in a bit of a situation and needed to get a hold of her. It felt like he was using me as a way to watch her at all times.

But either way it's gotten so bad that the only way I can have any one-on-one conversations with her is on LJ, because apparently he doesn't know about that. Apparently, he isn't treating her well, and it's really upsetting. Ugh.

Oh, and he's in my Computer Science class too, where he always seems to act like a total dick to me. It's so much fun. :|

Rye
02-14-2010, 10:41 AM
Wow, that sounds awful, Justin. The second anyone ever tried pulling that with me, they'd already be in the town centre of Dumpsville. The idea of someone controlling my life is intolerable! She should tell that Edward Cullen wannabe to hit the road!

Luckily, the only thing Huxley and I argue about like that is motorcycles. In that, I really want to buy one in the future, and Hux forbids it because he says I'll die when (not if?) I have a crash. :x

PuPu
02-14-2010, 05:02 PM

Apparently:

being right = being hilariously ridiculous.

rubah
02-14-2010, 05:23 PM
Re: slow drivers in the fast lane

Goddamn if I can't count the amount of times that I have been driving at least the speed limit, in the left lane intending to pass a semi or something, and some dip:bou::bou::bou::bou: texas 2T trunk just has to fly by and pass me on the right.

That's when I speed up to keep them from making a douche 8D

I can understand having to pass someone on the right from time to time, but intentionally speeding up to tailgate another vehicle while you're doing it just seems foolhardy to me.

Btw, the truck is almost always black.

Momiji
02-14-2010, 05:42 PM

Apparently:

being right = being hilariously ridiculous.

No, but trying to out-elitist someone who is already trying to out-elitist you when the argument doesn't really mean :bou::bou::bou::bou: is actually incredibly amusing, in a sad way.

Old Manus
02-14-2010, 05:48 PM
The geeks in my CompSci classes who shout retarded :bou::bou::bou::bou: like THE CAKE IS A LIE and have Boxxxy as their desktop wallpaper and titter with their friends about how funny they are and THEY'RE SO FRIGGING NICE TO EACH OTHER HOW IS THAT FUN WHERE IS THE BANTER PEOPLE FFFFFFFFUUUU

Seriously, there's only one guy I've met so far with whom I can discuss the weekend's football results and the Six Nations. It makes me realise that the Computer Science student stereotype is actually totally right.

PuPu
02-14-2010, 05:53 PM
No, but trying to out-elitist someone who is already trying to out-elitist you when the argument doesn't really mean :bou::bou::bou::bou: is actually incredibly amusing, in a sad way.

Why? If you think you're right, and you think they're wrong, there's really nothing wrong with telling them why they are wrong.

Almost every argument you hear on this site and in real life doesn't mean anything either, though that doesn't stop people from trying to tell the other person that they're wrong.

It doesn't stop you, either.

Marshall Banana
02-14-2010, 06:52 PM
Ah~

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/eoff/luckysweets/sweet_iemdkf.gif

demondude
02-14-2010, 06:53 PM
claim
<hr />
YESYESYES I GOT ONE

EDIT BY BoB: Please do not double post.

qwertysaur
02-14-2010, 06:54 PM
I think that's the masamune dd :p

Marshall Banana
02-14-2010, 06:56 PM
claim
He he he.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/eoff/luckysweets/sweet_iemdkf.gif

Chocolate-covered Masamune

Your valentine (???) has been skewered, and now you're forced to write a looove letter to Evastio for everyone to see!

demondude
02-14-2010, 06:57 PM
WHAT THE CRAP

Raistlin
I suddenly approve of this game.

qwertysaur
Quin is going to love this :bigsmile:

Momiji
02-14-2010, 07:04 PM

Why? If you think you're right, and you think they're wrong, there's really nothing wrong with telling them why they are wrong.

Almost every argument you hear on this site and in real life doesn't mean anything either, though that doesn't stop people from trying to tell the other person that they're wrong.

It doesn't stop you, either.

It's one thing to be right. It's another thing to think you're right in a subjective argument, and be a petty little twerp about it. There is no right or wrong in a game of opinions. I like my opinions and I'm open about them, but it's not like I'll ever try to change anyone's opinions of something.

FFVII sucks. That's my opinion, and I can give you reasons why I think such a thing. I may even joke around with elitism as well. But to take such a thing so seriously...eh. In all seriousness, I don't care what people like.

Rye
02-14-2010, 07:16 PM
Be nice guys, please! leader of mortals didn't want his thread to be derailed into argument, don't disappoint him!

PuPu
02-14-2010, 08:09 PM
It's another thing to think you're right in a subjective argument, and be a petty little twerp about it.

lol irony.

Aside from that, this has got to be the most hilariously ridiculous thing I have ever read. Of course I'm going to think my opinions are right. You do too. Everyone does.

Arguing why you think you are right doesn't make you a petty twerp, otherwise you're just as much of a petty twerp as you think I am.

There is no right or wrong in a game of opinions.

There are actually right or wrong opinions, and plugging your ears shouting "lalalala" won't change that.

Not all opinions are valid, and not all opinions are equal. And not everyone is entitled to an opinion either, because having an opinion and being entitled to one are not the same.

I like my opinions and I'm open about them, but it's not like I'll ever try to change anyone's opinions of something.

Way to ass you me.

I don't try to change people's opinions either. Like I've said before, I don't start the arguments, I only defend my opinions and attack theirs when they start the arguments first.

FFVII sucks. That's my opinion, and I can give you reasons why I think such a thing.

Yeah, and everyone can give reasons as well. But not all of those reasons are valid, and they most certainly are not equal. The only people that are "petty twerps" are those who don't give good/valid reasons for their opinions. And that's a lot of people that I've argued with about music that don't give good/valid reasons.

In all seriousness, I don't care what people like.

I don't care if people like certain kinds of music either, but that won't stop me from thinking it sucks. Them starting an argument with me and me arguing why I think they're wrong doesn't mean I care about what they like either. - The lady said stop arguing, so stop arguing. Take it to PMs if it's important to you. -Rantz

Sure, tell it to the guy that didn't start the argument.
-me

Be nice guys, please! leader of mortals didn't want his thread to be derailed into argument, don't disappoint him!

Alright, let me try to make an on topic post.

People who think all opinions are equal annoy me. Not all opinions are valid, and not all opinions are equal. And not everyone is entitled to an opinion either, because having an opinion and being entitled to one are not the same. Opinions can be right and they can be wrong as well.

Shiny
02-14-2010, 11:58 PM
People who think all opinions are equal annoy me. Not all opinions are valid, and not all opinions are equal. And not everyone is entitled to an opinion either, because having an opinion and being entitled to one are not the same. Opinions can be right and they can be wrong as well.
I think everyone is entitled to an opinion though I agree not all opinions are valid.

leader of mortals
02-15-2010, 12:18 AM
How exactly can an opinion be wrong? If someone says they do not like something, that means they don't like it. How can this be wrong?

Quindiana Jones
02-15-2010, 12:32 AM
It's my opinion that raping children and sacrificing their burnt carcasses will grant me greater physical strength. This opinion is WRONG. Both factually and, by todays standards, morally.

leader of mortals
02-15-2010, 12:40 AM
Well Quin, that's a thought, not an opinion. A thought or belief is different from opinion.

PuPu
02-15-2010, 12:56 AM
I think everyone is entitled to an opinion though I agree not all opinions are valid.

A person who says "I think Barack Obama is a horrible president because his name sounds like Osama" has this opinion, but most definitely is not entitled to it.

edit: In relation to the music thing I said earlier, a person who has never listened to any death metal saying "death metal sucks" is not entitled to an opinion either.

How exactly can an opinion be wrong? If someone says they do not like something, that means they don't like it. How can this be wrong?

"In my opinion, I think that 2 + 2 = Fish and not 4."

Well Quin, that's a thought, not an opinion. A thought or belief is different from opinion.

No they aren't.

leader of mortals
02-15-2010, 01:14 AM

No they aren't.

Meh, I don't care. I'm not going to continue this conversation, because then I would be flaming you, and it would have made no sense warning your post. It'd make me a hypocrite, I guess.

Oh, and I hate hypocrites! Also, I hate Irony!

PuPu
02-15-2010, 01:19 AM
An opinion may be the result of a person's perspective, understanding, particular feelings, beliefs, and desires.

Opinion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion)

Meh, I don't care. I'm not going to continue this conversation, because then I would be flaming you, and it would have made no sense warning your post. It'd make me a hypocrite, I guess.

...says the guy who first starts the conversation by saying I'm wrong. Are you really going to warn me for disagreeing with you?

Cuchulainn
02-15-2010, 01:24 AM
An opinion may be the result of a person's perspective, understanding, particular feelings, beliefs, and desires.

Opinion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion)

...says the guy who first starts the conversation by saying I'm wrong. Are you really going to warn me for disagreeing with you?

You take yourself way too seriously fella, there may be an object lodged somewhere dark. Live Life & Love It.

PuPu
02-15-2010, 01:28 AM
Hey man, I don't tell you how to live your life.

Quindiana Jones
02-15-2010, 01:29 AM
Promoting knowledge and enlightening young minds is a noble deed!

Now: let us wed.

Shiny
02-15-2010, 01:32 AM
They can be. I dislike when people say that opinions cannot be wrong simply because they are opinions. That sort of thing annoys me as well. If I said, "My username is not Shiny on Eyes on Final Fantasy imo." That would be an invalid opinion. An opinion is just a judgement or personal perspective about something. It's not fact although it could be true or false depending on it's context.

leader of mortals
02-15-2010, 01:34 AM
Pupu, I meant the post that was snipped. I then disagreed with you hoping that you could listen to it instead of launching an attack. I'm very sorry for disagreeing with you, however, and I must admit that you are corrrect. A belief and an opinion are the same. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

Anyway, another type of person that annoys me are people that don't know what's going on but also don't ask for help. It's like in Math Class, when people don't understand something but don't ask questions because they are afraid they will look dumb, even though they look dumber when they have a 30% on every quiz, and fail and have to re-take the class.

Edit:

They can be. I dislike when people say that opinions cannot be wrong simply because they are opinions. That sort of thing annoys me as well. If I said, "My username is not Shiny on Eyes on Final Fantasy imo." That would be an invalid opinion. An opinion is just a judgement or personal perspective about something. It's not fact although it could be true or false depending on it's context.

Well Shiny, in my opinion(:p), if you think something that is wrong, I can't say that you aren't thinking it, unless it is a lie, so you are right, because there is a situation where my thought can be disproved, but if the person were telling the truth, I would personally say that every opinion is the truth, because I like to think that everyone that is telling an opinion is actually saying, "I think this way", and you can't tell them that they aren't thinking that way.

Also, I hate people that write long, run-on sentences, and still Irony.

PuPu
02-15-2010, 01:49 AM
I admit, my posts do seem somewhat harsh, and I'm sorry for that too.

Anyways, a type of person that annoys me are people who ask to borrow my pencil. They never give it back.

Imperfectionist
02-15-2010, 02:00 AM
but most of all, I hate the Welsh.

I agree on account of my being a sheep.

Anyway, I really hate people that think women have some obligation to vote, 'you know, cos of all that suffrage stuff'.

Also, people that gripe. I know so many people that constantly whine about the slightest thing that might be wrong with them like 'oohhh my god I have a cut on my finger', and it's like SHUT UP.

Oh, and people that say that art is an easy subject cos 'you just have to draw a pretty picture'. Bastards.

Grr :mad2:

Old Manus
02-15-2010, 11:49 AM
Best thread ever

Unbreakable Will
02-19-2010, 02:01 PM
I hate people today... period.
Except you guys, EoFF cheers me up.

Peegee
02-19-2010, 02:21 PM

DRIVERS ON THE ROAD DRIVE ME CRAZY OMG RAGE

Actually now that I'm thinking about other drivers on the road I'm just raging up and down now

FFFUUUUUUU :mad2::mad2:

Madame Adequate
02-19-2010, 04:34 PM
I'll tell you who annoys me, the Québécois do. Canada is like America's France, and Quebec is Canada's France. :colbert:

KentaRawr!
02-19-2010, 05:25 PM
2+2 = Fish seems more like a statement that can easily be proven wrong than simply an incorrect opinion. If I were to say "Imo, the sky is blue", would it be less a statement of fact than "The sky is blue"?

Oh well. I think FFVII is awesomesauce.

Brennan
02-20-2010, 04:23 AM
'oohhh my god I have a cut on my finger'

What if it was an unexpected papercut?

blackmage_nuke
02-20-2010, 07:16 AM
Oh, and people that say that art is an easy subject cos 'you just have to draw a pretty picture'. Bastards.

Art is an easy subject because you just have to smoke pot

NorthernChaosGod
02-20-2010, 07:47 AM

Art is an easy subject because you just have to smoke pot

I lol'd.

Loony BoB
02-20-2010, 08:14 AM
I mostly just get annoyed by people who walk in front of me but not faster than me. Even if they walk at the same steady pace, I still wish I was the one up front, so I start walking faster and overtake them. I just like to have a clear view of what's ahead, I guess. There are probably other things that annoy me but that always springs to mind.

EDIT: The worst of the above type of people are 'stringers', who slowly walk in a line together, chatting away, and leave no room to get past.

Rye
02-20-2010, 04:01 PM
I mostly just get annoyed by people who walk in front of me but not faster than me. Even if they walk at the same steady pace, I still wish I was the one up front, so I start walking faster and overtake them. I just like to have a clear view of what's ahead, I guess. There are probably other things that annoy me but that always springs to mind.

EDIT: The worst of the above type of people are 'stringers', who slowly walk in a line together, chatting away, and leave no room to get past.

This is the very worst. Especially in Manhattan - tourists really enjoy doing that and I want to smash them.

blackmage_nuke
02-20-2010, 07:17 PM

EDIT: The worst of the above type of people are 'stringers', who slowly walk in a line together, chatting away, and leave no room to get past.I hate that and most of my friends are stringers. I always try to walk slightly ahead or slightly behind and break the line and sometimes say blatantly that theyre blocking the path but no one listens to me.

The Shoeless Hobo
02-21-2010, 02:07 AM
http://www.pocomoketattler.com/Pics/nagger.jpg

Rebellious Eagle
02-21-2010, 08:03 PM

YES. If they make me late to class, I'll never let them forget it. >:D
And people who think that they're better than you and refuse to talk to you even though they don't know you.