PDA

View Full Version : That sinking feeling

blackmage_nuke
02-13-2010, 03:19 AM
For some reason I just dont feel right when I was my hands in the Kitchen or Laundry sink, I have to wash them in the bathroom sink or I feel somehow unclean.

Am I crazy?

edit: also when I drink tap water It has to come from the kitchen sink which makes this whole ordeal even more complicated..

Xaven
02-13-2010, 03:26 AM
For some reason I just dont feel right when I was my hands in the Kitchen or Laundry sink, I have to wash them in the bathroom sink or I feel somehow unclean.

Am I crazy?

edit: also when I drink tap water It has to come from the kitchen sink which makes this whole ordeal even more complicated..
I do prefer hand soap to dish soap. And yeah, I try to go for my kitchenette's sink when I fill up my Brita filter, not the bathroom one. I know they're essentially the same. Just feels dirty to drink bathroom sink water~!

rubah
02-13-2010, 04:13 AM
A sink is a sink to me.

Usually I draw the line at drinking out of toilets, but you never know 8D

Leeza
02-13-2010, 04:16 AM
bmn: I feel pretty much the same as you so you're not crazy. I know that I am not crazy. I think. :cat:

nik0tine
02-13-2010, 04:29 AM
I'm too good for the kitchen sink.

NorthernChaosGod
02-13-2010, 05:46 AM
I don't feel right washing my hands anywhere other than a bathroom, but I do get water from the bathroom sink too sometimes. Probably just because it's right outside my room and it's convenient.

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-13-2010, 06:01 AM
I'm used to washing in kitchen sinks at work. There's anti-bacterial soap dispensers anyways. *shrugs*

Rye
02-13-2010, 10:25 AM
I'm okay washing my hands in a sink, but I still feel a little sick drinking tap water, which I've been doing in England for months since I can't afford to buy bunches of water bottles here like I do at home. There's something about it that just feels off to me.

02-13-2010, 10:28 AM
I'm okay washing my hands in a sink, but I still feel a little sick drinking tap water, which I've been doing in England for months since I can't afford to buy bunches of water bottles here like I do at home. There's something about it that just feels off to me.

Really? I find most bottled water to be a bit off. The mineral composition of Evian and Aquafrina is nasty. Give me generic stuff, Nestle or Evian. :D

Then again, I grew up on well water in a rural area, so it was delicious.

Rye
02-13-2010, 10:31 AM
I like Poland Spring water a good deal. The iced tea company I worked for made their own line of bottled water (though it's not very popular or out there, like the top water bottle lines), and I quite liked it! I used to be able to buy a 24 pack of huge sports sized bottles for $3.50 with my discount. It was fantastic!

02-13-2010, 10:33 AM
Wow, that's pretty cheap considering when I buy like a 1L bottle of Evian it is almost the same price. :x

Rodarian
02-13-2010, 02:27 PM
As long as there is hand soap (whether be liquid or bar) next any faucet, I will wash my hands....

Mirage
02-13-2010, 02:47 PM
I think you're crazy.

I also drink from almost any place that's got clean water, but also some that don't. Rivers or creeks out in the woods or on the mountains for example.

Rantz
02-13-2010, 02:56 PM
I'm not wholly fussed drinking or washing my hands in the kitchen sink, but I do prefer the bathroom sink for both, especially drinking. It does seem cleaner for some reason. I tend to think it tastes better too, but it might be a trick of the brain.

fire_of_avalon
02-13-2010, 05:51 PM
I`m the opposite of Rantz. While I will wash my hands anywhere water runs, I hate drinking water from the bathroom. But I only drink tap water if i know it`s from a spring or well, I do NOT drink nasty city water. yuck.

NorthernChaosGod
02-13-2010, 06:45 PM
Really? I find most bottled water to be a bit off. The mineral composition of Evian and Aquafrina is nasty. Give me generic stuff, Nestle or Evian.
wat

02-13-2010, 07:05 PM
Oops, I meant to say Dasani and Aquafina. I LOVE EVIAN.

To be fair, I wrote that post at like 4am?

Breine
02-13-2010, 07:09 PM
A sink is a sink to me.

Yeah, I don't care. It's all clean water.

Jessweeee♪
02-13-2010, 07:16 PM
I don't like washing in the kitchen sink because the handles are always greasy.

Raistlin
02-13-2010, 07:32 PM
I never really thought about this before, but I almost always use the bathroom sink to wash my hands, but the kitchen sink to get tap water to drink. I think the latter just has to do with the proximity of the kitchen sink to the glasses and fridge (for ice), though.

FaithWontFall
02-13-2010, 09:16 PM
I think bathroom tap water tastes nicer than kitchen tap water. Maybe coz it looks cleaner or because im closer to it in an emergency. I dont know.
I prefer to wash my hands in the bathroom too. However when im cleaning other things im picky about where i put dirty water. I hate putting it down sinks.
:)

eestlinc
02-14-2010, 01:10 AM
i wash my hands in the kitchen sink after handling meat.

Shlup
02-14-2010, 01:12 AM
Sorry, blackmage, you and those who agree with you are crazy. A sink is a sink.

Though we don't drink tap water around here. It'll kill you.

NorthernChaosGod
02-14-2010, 06:03 AM
Sorry, blackmage, you and those who agree with you are crazy. A sink is a sink.

Though we don't drink tap water around here. It'll kill you.

You's crazy, Shlup. >:|

Shlup
02-14-2010, 09:08 AM
I make tea with water from the bathroom!

Xaven
02-14-2010, 09:49 AM
I make tea with water from the bathroom!
Doesn't it taste super hard, dude? D: Tea should come from bottled water! :redface:

Rantz
02-14-2010, 01:25 PM
With tea I don't really care which sink it comes from.