PDA

View Full Version : Searching for the Heart of the cards

Nice
02-16-2010, 04:09 AM
So recently I've started watching the old Yu-Gi-Oh tv show, you know the Duelist Kingdom arc. I've also been reading the manga too. So it is inevitable that I would wanna play me some card battles! So can any of you recommend a console/handheld/pc yu-gi-oh game that's worth my money?

PuPu
02-16-2010, 07:03 AM
If you want just plain old card duels, then YGO: The Eternal Duelist Soul. There's no story or anything except duel, get better cards, duel.

If you want the best YGO game currently out (or so I hear) YGO 5D's Stardust Accelerator.

If you want a really, impossibly tough to beat YGO game, YGO: Forbidden Memories. No seriously, don't get this. Unless you enjoy grinding for hours and hours to get good cards only to realize that the COM will always have better cards which are impossible for you to acquire.

edit:

hours and hours
This is actually REALLY inaccurate. It should have said "weeks and weeks" and that's assuming you are REALLY lucky and play nonstop. "A few months" is actually what will most likely occur before you actually get the minimal cards necessary to win the game.

Sephiroth
02-16-2010, 10:19 AM
You should play the real game. That's the best thing you can do if you are interested in "Duel Monsters".

Anyway, I have played some Yu-Gi-Oh! games for consoles and handhelds. The only one I really like is Day of the Duelist with its Invasion of Chaos cards. Oh, and PC games like the old Joey the Passion.