PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else...

Melissaur
02-16-2010, 04:58 AM
Find this http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3349/3273349710_c559dc620c.jpg absolutely disgusting. As I see it, if you want to be all fake, with layers of makeup and fake teeth, and parade around in frilly dresses and skimpy bathing suits, go ahead. But I think having your 1-8 year old little girl do it is despicable.
I mean, what does this teach them? They have to be fake to get anywhere in life. And once I watched this show and all these girls are total brats, and the mom are just as bad. I want to slap them.

Bunny
02-16-2010, 07:30 AM
I completely approve of mothers living vicariously through their preteen daughters because they are hideous wastes of space. What else are child there for if not to be the indentured servants of their obvious betters?

Bastian
02-16-2010, 07:39 AM
What Bunny said.

If not this, then fathers forcing their sons to play football at any costs (yay for concussion-related brain damage!) or any other such roles. Hell, I'm worried about the fact that my friend's one year old has a drum set (his father, my friend, is a drummer) . . . Any time you put too much pressure on a kid to take up a hobby of yours and try to live vicariously through that kid is just going to backfire in the end.

But this specifically makes me want to barf up the popcorn I just ate.

Moon Rabbits
02-16-2010, 07:57 AM
That ^

Xaven
02-16-2010, 09:02 AM
What Bunny said.

If not this, then fathers forcing their sons to play football at any costs (yay for concussion-related brain damage!) or any other such roles. Hell, I'm worried about the fact that my friend's one year old has a drum set (his father, my friend, is a drummer) . . . Any time you put too much pressure on a kid to take up a hobby of yours and try to live vicariously through that kid is just going to backfire in the end.

But this specifically makes me want to barf up the popcorn I just ate.
Yawh. My English professor was discussing this with us a few weeks ago, specifically about the contact sports issue for boys under 14. The damage to those boys may be physical, but the psychological battles they face are just as hurtful, them being quite literally forced to repeatedly tackle other children head-on, warlike. We read through causal essays on kids inducing themselves to vomit as a hope that the coach would simply let them sit out a round, so they wouldn't have to go out there again for their coach and for their parents.

Those pre-pre-preteen pageants aren't so different really. Minus the physical war, plus... pageantry war.

Vyk
02-16-2010, 04:50 PM
This has been going on long enough, and considering most people's arguments are generally speculative, there should be studies by now to see the results of what this kind of stuff does to a grown person. I know pre-teen beauty pageants were kinda underground when I was a kid, but it exploded as I grew up. And now some of them should be old enough to see the results of that lifestyle. I imagine its not good. I've had enough troubles with shallow women who -didn't- grow up as under-aged beauty queens