PDA

View Full Version : The Nintendo DS

Nice
02-16-2010, 04:58 AM
So I've had my DS for over a year and I have to admit, I can't live without the fucker. Do you own a DS? Why'd you get it? Why do you play it? What games do you have?

I've got
Dragon Quest IV
Final Fantasy IV
Pokemon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum
Chrono Trigger

And recently I just ordered like 5 other games that I can't wait to play

Pheonix Wright Ace Attorney
Castlevania Order of Ecclesia
Final Fantasy III
Knights in the Nightmare
Front Mission

So yar share you views folks.

RedPouch
02-16-2010, 05:01 AM
Get Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume. It's an easy tactics-style game, but it's really fun.

Jessweeee♪
02-16-2010, 05:47 AM
My grandparents gave it to me as a middle school graduation present back when the bulky gray DSs were shiny and new :3

Games I own or have owned:
Trace Memory
Nintendogs
The Sims 2
Hotel Dusk
FFIII
Ace Attorney (entire series :</D!)
The World Ends With You
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Tetris DS

VeloZer0
02-16-2010, 05:54 AM
I HATE THE DS SO MUCH!!!!

...had to get that out of my system. What makes it so unbearable is that it has such a lineup of titles that I really like, forcing me to play it all the time.

- The D-Pad and Buttons are WAY too small. I can't play for more than an hour or two without pain in my hands due to fingers cramping up. For something like Mega Man it is a half hour tops, and even then I can't play close to as well as I can on an emulator with a proper game pad.

- The low batter indicator is terrible. Way up in the right hand corner it is completely out of the field of vission when playing. Is it too much to ask that something pop up on screen when the battery starts getting low? I don't know how many times it has crashed and I have lost everything I've been doing.

- The PSP goes into a hibernate mode when the battery becomes critical, saving your game until you can get it plugged in (in addition to warning you on screen when the battery gets low). Why couldn't Nintendo spring for something like this? It makes the console soooo much more usable.

- The touch pad is just a huge gimmick. I have yet to see a single use of the touch pad I have liked. Fortunately the games I do like don't make use of it, so it isn't a huge negative for me, just a useless feature that adds cost. Which is a shame, because I would exchange the DS's two screens for the PSP's one anyday.

Well, after getting that out of my system, I'll touch on some of the positives.

- Obviously the DS is well bellow the PSP in terms of graphics rendering ability, but that isn't something I really hold against it. I don't think it has hurt the ability to develop quality games for the console.

- As I mentioned up top, it has many games I like, including:
Final Fantasy III & IV - both of which I think are amazing, and exactly what remakes should be.
Mega Man ZX & ZXA - Though the story is incredibly stupid the game play is solid, certainly an improvement from the MMZ series.
Castlevania DoS & OoE - DoS is a good metroidvania entry, while OoE did an excellent job of innovating while keeping the good.
Sonic Rush - I was so pleased to find a Sonic title I could actually enjoy, since in my opinion Sega hasn't made a Sonic game worth playing since Sonic 3.

RedPouch
02-16-2010, 06:34 AM
- The D-Pad and Buttons are WAY too small. I can't play for more than an hour or two without pain in my hands due to fingers cramping up. For something like Mega Man it is a half hour tops, and even then I can't play close to as well as I can on an emulator with a proper game pad.
I agree that the D-Pad is too small, though it didn't bother me THAT much. I can still play something like Metroid Fusion on it without any problem, and I can even do that Shine Spark trick to get out after unlocking level 4 access doors.

- The low batter indicator is terrible. Way up in the right hand corner it is completely out of the field of vission when playing. Is it too much to ask that something pop up on screen when the battery starts getting low? I don't know how many times it has crashed and I have lost everything I've been doing.
Hm, I've never had any difficulty noticing the low battery indicator. That's just me. Also, even when the batteries are low and that light turns red, the console still operates for a VERY long time. This has honestly never been a problem for me.

- The touch pad is just a huge gimmick. I have yet to see a single use of the touch pad I have liked. Fortunately the games I do like don't make use of it, so it isn't a huge negative for me, just a useless feature that adds cost. Which is a shame, because I would exchange the DS's two screens for the PSP's one anyday.
Hm, I like the touch pad though. And I have to say that for games like Chocobo Tales, it can make things really fun and interesting.

Rase
02-16-2010, 07:25 AM
I can't say I've ever had trouble with holding it and playing for hours on end. Often I have the opposite issue, where I play and forget how long it's been. Different stroke for different folks I guess.

Mine is an old phat DS so the battery indicator is a light at the bottom. I've played on a Lite though, and haven't had any issues with watching the battery light. The thing turns red quite some time before dying also, giving you plenty of time to save. Maybe work on your peripheral vision? If you can only play the thing for an hour or so before you hand hurts you could always just make sure to plug it in when not playing and able to.

- The PSP goes into a hibernate mode when the battery becomes critical, saving your game until you can get it plugged in (in addition to warning you on screen when the battery gets low). Why couldn't Nintendo spring for something like this? It makes the console soooo much more usable.
Guess it's just something they didn't think was important. Again, I have never had my DS die while playing without giving me plenty of warning to save up.

You need to give Elite Beat Agents, Kirby Canvas Curse, Warioware Touched!!, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, and GTA: Chinatown Wars a shot. They all use the touchscreen in interesting and fun ways in my opinion.

I love my old original DS. Have had it since 2004 and it hasn't failed on me yet, despite dropping it enough times to finally break one of the hinges. I've probably logged more gaming hours on this thing than any console I've owned, except maybe my old SNES. I got it because it looked to have fun games on it, and it certainly has. I play it because of said fun games, and because I can play it wherever. I'm not one to take advantage of a portable system that much, aside from the fact that I can play while laying in bed or in another room. I actually own the following games:

Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
Chrono Trigger
Elite Beat Agents
Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy IV
Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure
Mario Kart DS
Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer
Ninjatown
Picross DS
Professor Layton and the Curious Village
Space Invaders Extreme
Tetris DS

It does everything I want a handheld system to, so I'm happy with it.

Jiro
02-16-2010, 10:18 AM
I bought it for new Fire Emblem games, new Dragon Quest game(s) and FFTA2. Then I wanted Ace Attorney.

Well I managed to get FFTA2. The same day my DS broke. I have a bunch of other games on it but I'm too distraught to look at my DS all broken and malfunctioning to check what games they are.

Sephiroth
02-16-2010, 10:24 AM
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance II Grimoire of the Rift
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Ring of Fates
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time
Final Fantasy Fables Chocobo's Dungeon
It's a wonderful World!
Chrono Trigger
Pokémon Pearl
Dragon Ball Origins

Why do I have a DS?

Because there are Final Fantasys for it and games I don't get for other consoles/handhelds. Plus, the DS is a cool handheld. I wish there would be an Ocarina of Time remake for it (remake for Wii would be better of course) and a remake of Final Fantasy V and VI.

Chloe.
02-16-2010, 11:22 AM
I was given the original DS for my birthday, soon after it came out. Last year I realised it was pretty much smurfed up so I brought a nice light blue DSi in November, I love it. :cool:

The games I own are:
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings
Final Fantasy A2 Grimoire of the Rift
Final Fantasy Fables Chocobo Tales
Children of Mana
The World Ends With You
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
New Super Mario Bros.
MarioKart DS
Super Mario DS
Yoshi Touch & Go
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team
Rhapsody a Musical Adventure
The Sims 2
The Urbz: Sims in the City
MySims
MySims Kingdom
Nintendogs
Lunar Genesis
Bomberman
Bomberman Story DS

:jess:

demondude
02-16-2010, 11:25 AM
Miles Edgeworth: Perfect prosecutor coming out soon makes me :excited:

qwertysaur
02-16-2010, 11:29 AM
You should look into repairing/replacing your DS Jiro, because the DS is region free so you can always import any game you want. :D

I have a dark blue original DS. I'm too lazy to list all the games I have for it, but they are fun to play :p

Quindiana Jones
02-16-2010, 11:35 AM
I own a DS but have yet to keep any games. Every time I browse in the shop, I see nothing I want. :(

qwertysaur
02-16-2010, 11:52 AM
You should get Tetris DS Quin :p

vinnie's mini's
02-16-2010, 01:44 PM
I have the original DS (The grey one). I got it for Christmas one year with Mario Kart DS - Though I can't remember which year xD. I really want to get a new one though because the one I have is just too chunky and heavy >.< It hurts my poor wrists! :( So yeah, I will be getting a new one soon :P

The games I have are:
Mario Kart DS
Mario Party DS
Super Mario DS
Yoshi's island DS
New Super mario bros
Nintendogs
Diddy Kong racing DS
Bomberman
Lunar Genesis
Bust A Move DS
Luminous Arc
Magical Starsign
Rhapsody a Musical Adventure
Children of Mana
Heroes Of Mana
Final fantasy III
Final fantasy XII revenant wings
Final Fantasy A2 Grimoire of the Rift
Final Fantasy Fables Chocobo Tales
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Kingdom hearts 358/2 Days
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Platinum
Pokemon mystery dungeon: Explorers of time
Pokemon mystery dungeon: Blue rescue team
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Dash
Pokemon Link
The sims 2
The sims 2 Castaway
Mysims
The Urbz: Sims in the city

:bigsmile:

Flying Mullet
02-16-2010, 02:02 PM
I bought it for the Dragon Quest games that came out and are coming out for it and I own:
Dragon Quest IV
Dragon Quest V
Final Fantasy III

And I plan to buy Dragon Quest VI when it comes out.

KentaRawr!
02-16-2010, 02:39 PM
I love my DS. All my friends had them during middle school, yet everyone else always borrowed my copy of Dawn of Sorrow. :p

Nice
02-16-2010, 03:03 PM
I bought it for the Dragon Quest games that came out and are coming out for it and I own:
Dragon Quest IV
Dragon Quest V
Final Fantasy III

And I plan to buy Dragon Quest VI when it comes out.

I've been following DQVI since December and I can't wait for it to come out. I never knew how much I would love the series until I played IV and I plan on getting V soon enough. You should check out some of the other games though, the DS has one of the broadest libraries of any handheld.

JKTrix
02-16-2010, 06:38 PM
Hi hi, biggest DS fan here. And I am willing to physically fight anyone who wants to challenge that position :mad2:

I grew up on the Gameboys rather than consoles, so getting the DS was just natural progression. The lite is my favourite iteration so far because I like its buttons and dpad the best. Gonna have to dig around for a list of my games, and I'm probably gonna miss a lot of them because 80% of my collection is in a different country.

Okay here's the list of stuff I can remember. I'm sure I'm missing out a good handful of games because I haven't touched them in 4 or more years. The (J) means it's a game I imported.

Advance Wars Days of Ruin
Advance Wars Dual Strike
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
Arkanoid DS (J) (with paddle controller)
Bangai-O Spirits (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/114988-ds-dlc-via-sound-files-bangai-o.html)
Big Bang Mini
Bleach DS (J)
Bleach DS 2 (J)
Brain Age
Brain Age 2
Castlevania Order of Ecclesia
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Children of Mana
Chrono Trigger
Contact
Daigasso! Band Brothers (J) (with expansion cart)
Daigasso! Band Brothers DX (J)
Draglade
Dragon Ball Origins
Dragon Ball Z Harukanaru Densetsu
Dragon Ball Z Supersonic Warriors 2
Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans
Dragon Quest IV
Dragon Quest V
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime
DS Rakubiki Jiten (English/Japanese dictionary thing)
Elebits: The Adventures of Kai and Zero
Electroplankton
Electroplankton (J)
Elite Beat Agents (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/95886-elite-beat-agents-ds-must-get-game.html)
Etrian Odyssey
Final Fantasy Tactics A2
Final Fantasy Tactics A2
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Flash Focus
Front Mission
GTA: Chinatown Wars
Guitar Hero: On Tour
Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure
Heroes of Mana
Hotel Dusk
Jam Sessions
Jump Super Stars (J)
Jump Ultimate Stars (J) (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/90569-jump-ultimate-stars-ds.html)
Kirby Canvas Curse
Knights in the Nightmare
Korg DS-10
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Lost Magic
Luminous Arc (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/105125-ds-rpg-alert-luminous-arc.html)
Lunar Knights
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
Mario Kart DS
Mega Man ZX
Mega Man ZX Advent
Meteos
Meteos Disney Magic (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/95150-disney-metos-better-than-original.html)
Metroid Prime Hunters
Metroid Prime Pinball (free rumble pak)
Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii: Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2
New Super Mario Bros
Ninja Gaiden
Nintendogs
Osu! Tatatakae! Ouendan!
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations
Picross DS (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/108391-picross.html)
Planet Puzzle Leage
Pokemon Diamond (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/93743-pokemon-diamond-impressions.html) (J)
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Ranger
Professor Layton & the Diabolical Box
Professor Layton and the Curious Village
Retro Game Challenge
Rhythm Heaven
Rhythm Tengoku Gold (J)
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
Shiren the Wanderer
SNK Vs Capcom: Card Fighters DS (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/97520-phoenix-wright-snk-vs-capcom.html)
Space Invaders Extreme
Star Fox Command
Summon Night: Twin Age
Super Dodgeball Brawlers (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/108226-dodgeball-ds-8-player-wifi.html)
Super Robot Wars OG Saga Endless Frontier
Taiko Drum Master (J)
Tetris DS
The World Ends With You
Trauma Center
Trauma Center 2
Warioware Touched!

Coming Soon Games: Edgeworth Attorney, Korg DS10+, Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey.

Yeargdribble
02-16-2010, 09:03 PM
I love my DS. It's get about equal attention as my PSP which is quite a bit. I don't really share the mentioned problems with the DS.

I've never really noticed the D-Pad being too small. I have one of the beefy nerf cases on mine which helps me hold the DS and makes stylus play quite comfortable. I can play for hours without much trouble, but I dunno. Some people's hands are different.

The battery indicator has always been pretty obvious to me on my DS Lite. I also don't understand how anyone lets it get that low. My DS, PSP, phone, etc. all charge frequently. Either you're playing intermittently and failing to charge it, or you're playing for half a dozen hours in a row. If the former is true, get in a habit of plugging it up. If the latter is true then you probably should take breaks for your health and it isn't too much of an imposition to plug it in while you play considering you're likely somewhere stationary to play that long.

The only times I can imagine someone requiring a longer battery life from the thing is if they took lots of trans-ocean flights. If you want it on road trips, just find a way to plug it up in the car.

This is certainly a spot where the PSP has the DS whipped in every possible way. This is a brilliant feature and the DS needs it. Sometimes I like to just switch off the PSP on the fly and toss it aside. Sure I can close the DS, but it's still on and slowly draining the battery.

I have no problem with the dual screens or the touch pad. As long as developers don't force it, it can be useful sometimes. It can also make for interesting gameplay that couldn't otherwise happen.

Bolivar
02-16-2010, 09:06 PM
I got the DS Lite when it came out w/ New Super Mario Bros. After that, though, most of the games I have are remakes. I've gotten a little bored with it especially in the last year and now have PSP Go which I'm loving. I'll probably get back into the DS with DQV soon hopefully.

JKTrix
02-16-2010, 09:36 PM
http://i46.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/a2g7ld.jpg

Xaven
02-16-2010, 10:35 PM
^Nifty?

You people and your extensive libraries! Is there there that much time in a day to be able to play all of those? Holey moley~! Mullet's collection sounds like mine before my lil' bro's DS was stolen. We never got another one, so we haven't gotten a new game in 2ish years. xD I think we had a total of 5 or something.

Warioware Touched (Best ever!)
Mario Kart DS
Mario & Luigi: PiT
Pokemon Diamond (his)
Pokemon Pearl (mine)
Metroid, maybe?
...Hmm. Something else maybe.

So that's it. I kinda miss the little thing.

Wish my older brother hadn't stolen and pawned it off like he did everything else in the house. ;__; When's the next gen handheld coming out, people? Maybe I'll hold off for that.

qwertysaur
02-17-2010, 03:48 PM
Slimes are <3

KentaRawr!
02-17-2010, 04:42 PM
I still need to beat Megaman ZX, Final Fantasy IV, and get both the Nanostray games. ;-;

Raistlin
02-17-2010, 04:47 PM
I like my DS, though I haven't used it much lately. To be fair, I haven't played many games at all recently.

I own:

Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy IV
Mario Kart DS
New Super Mario Bros. DS
Dragon Quest IV

I think that's it. My sister has a bunch of other games for her DS that I could always "borrow," but I don't know exactly what she has.

JKTrix
02-17-2010, 05:11 PM
Nanostray

Now there's a game I forgot I had. I'd say it's skippable. It was fine when it came out, though I didn't like it. But if you just want a shooter for the DS, you have two awesome Space Invaders games and the very cool Big Bang Mini.

If you do go the Space Invaders route and can spend some extra money, you gotta get one of these.
http://i49.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/2m4ak9j.jpg

Works great for games where you only move left and right, which includes Mario Kart. That is, if you have a DS with a GBA slot.

Quindiana Jones
02-18-2010, 12:08 AM
What is it? /dsnewb

Momiji
02-18-2010, 01:03 AM
Let's see, what have I got...

*counts* 20.

Trauma Center: Under the Knife
Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2
Etrian Odyssey
Etrian Odyssey II
Rhythm Heaven
Bangai-O Spirits
Big Bang Mini
The World Ends with You
Disgaea DS
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2
Dragon Quest IV
Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Elite Beat Agents
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Pokémon Pearl Version
Shiren the Wanderer
Guilty Gear Dust Strikers (heh, no comment)

Probably will be added to my collection in the near future:
Pokémon SoulSilver
KORG DS-10+

KentaRawr!
02-18-2010, 04:08 AM
What is it? /dsnewb

I don't even know. My guess is that it's some tilt thing.

Momiji
02-18-2010, 04:22 AM
It's this. :P (http://www.joystiq.com/2007/08/01/arkanoid-ds-to-include-attachable-knob-controller/)

Also, KORG DS-10+ Synthesizer ordered. :D

JKTrix
02-18-2010, 04:51 AM
What is it? /dsnewb

I don't even know. My guess is that it's some tilt thing.

Ah yeah, sorry about that. Momiji is right. It's a paddle controller that was released with the DS version of Arkanoid... in Japan. You used to be able to get it on its own, but now the only way to get it new is with an imported copy of Arkanoid. I got it back when I could spend silly money on things like that.

Got Edgeworth and Korg DS-10 Plus today.

Jessweeee♪
02-19-2010, 01:26 AM
- The PSP goes into a hibernate mode when the battery becomes critical, saving your game until you can get it plugged in (in addition to warning you on screen when the battery gets low).

That is a lie! Why just yesterday I was playing FFVIII for a couple of hours off the charger and then SUDDEN HIBERNATION. That had never happened to me before because I'm so compulsive about hitting "Home" to check it and I thought I had lost my progress!

Maybe mine is broken :(

Iceglow
02-19-2010, 10:14 PM
Anyone complaining about the lack of space on a DS ought to try the DSI XL when it's out the buttons are a little bigger and the screens are huge for a hand held.

I'm in severe need of both a new psp and a new ds I brought my old silver ds (original series) second hand a couple of years back and now it doesn't even fold closed. I had to superglue the hinge back together because the plastic casing cracked. I plain need a new psp because my niece busted it (thanks darlin, real sweet of you to decide I needed it and then to drop it on a lol) and it's completely dead.

However aside from the whole DS hinge being destroyed and fixed with superglue the DS console itself works fine like perfectly, in fact the top screen looks sharper than ever lol.

Games I have on the DS that I play regulary are:

Pokemon Diamond version
Final Fantasy Tactics A2
Bomberman DS
Animal Crossing (though I think the game cart died which sucks)

I just got Advance Wars Dark Conflict and my girlfriend just got Prof Layton Curious village which I will no doubt play as well.

I really want to get the Front Mission DS game, I looked on Ebay seems I can get one for like $20 which for me is more like Ł10, thats not bad.

ljkkjlcm9
02-19-2010, 10:21 PM
Don't get a new DS now... developers already have their hands on the next generation DS...
Nintendo World Report - News Article: Pokemon Company Obtains Next-Gen DS Development Kits (http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=22584)

THE JACKEL

JKTrix
02-20-2010, 01:38 AM
It's not like that's coming out tomorrow.

Get one now if you're thinking of getting one.

VeloZer0
02-20-2010, 03:21 AM
Anyone complaining about the lack of space on a DS ought to try the DSI XL when it's out the buttons are a little bigger and the screens are huge for a hand held.

I was looking into it, but I would have to try it out first to get a final verdict. Unfortunately I am overly pessimistic and envision a larger console with the same size input controls.

Momiji
02-20-2010, 05:15 AM
It's not like that's coming out tomorrow.

Get one now if you're thinking of getting one.

Yeah seriously. Don't spend your life waiting for the next best console or else you'll never enjoy what time has to offer now!

Iceglow
02-20-2010, 07:48 AM

I was looking into it, but I would have to try it out first to get a final verdict. Unfortunately I am overly pessimistic and envision a larger console with the same size input controls.

Well I've played on two now, one japanese one english and the buttons do feel bigger to me so thats my input on it.

Mirage
02-20-2010, 10:30 AM
jktrix' list makes me think he's got an acekard or r4 :p

JKTrix
02-20-2010, 05:09 PM
I moved to the US in September/October of 2008 for school, which means I have had no job since then.
These are the DS games I've purchased since I've been in the US that I still have here. There might be one or two that I've left in Bermuda from one of my trips back (like Zelda Spirit Tracks which I left from my Christmas break).
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/2784/dsc01150ih.th.jpg (http://img11.imageshack.us/i/dsc01150ih.jpg/)

The DS has been out since 2004, and I had a well-paying job up until I left for school. It's not a stretch to deduce how much more stuff I could have purchased in the space of 2004-2008 with a well paying job compared to 2008-now with no job.

This post is less out of a need to prove anything, but more because I like to show my collections off :P

These are some of the older games that I've brought with me.
http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/315/dsc01151u.th.jpg (http://img697.imageshack.us/i/dsc01151u.jpg/)

On the last row, the 3 games are Jump Ultimate Stars, DS Rakubiki Jiten (Japanese/English dictionary thing), and Daigasso Band Brothers DX.

The DS is my favourite game system!

Mirage
02-20-2010, 05:31 PM
yeah ok, perhaps i believe you!

are you aware there are links to porn sites on that la.gg site you're using?

JKTrix
02-20-2010, 06:27 PM
Changed :P It was blocked on my computer.

Nice
02-21-2010, 05:16 AM
I can't believe those pokemon people! Soul Silver and Heart Gold isn't even out yet and they're already creating more! Great, another $35! =p I can't wait.

Also JKtrix, there's no need to defend why you have 93 DS games dude. It's an old system at this point and as a bonus, its one of the best, second to only the ps2. Plus in the past three weeks, I've spent $208.19 on DS games. =o So I shudder to think how many games i'll have by December. Anyway it's all thanks to this guy right here (http://www.youtube.com/user/retrocalypse?blend=1&ob=4). He's got like over 190 DS games...

Mirage
02-21-2010, 09:42 AM
the PS2 is even older, and I've just got 20 games, I don't even have 100 *pirated* games on my PS2 :p

KentaRawr!
02-21-2010, 01:29 PM
Also JKtrix, there's no need to defend why you have 93 DS games dude.

This post is less out of a need to prove anything, but more because I like to show my collections off :P

Evastio
02-21-2010, 07:19 PM
I moved to the US in September/October of 2008 for school, which means I have had no job since then.
These are the DS games I've purchased since I've been in the US that I still have here. There might be one or two that I've left in Bermuda from one of my trips back (like Zelda Spirit Tracks which I left from my Christmas break).
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/2784/dsc01150ih.th.jpg (http://img11.imageshack.us/i/dsc01150ih.jpg/)

The DS has been out since 2004, and I had a well-paying job up until I left for school. It's not a stretch to deduce how much more stuff I could have purchased in the space of 2004-2008 with a well paying job compared to 2008-now with no job.

These are some of the older games that I've brought with me.
http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/315/dsc01151u.th.jpg (http://img697.imageshack.us/i/dsc01151u.jpg/)

On the last row, the 3 games are Jump Ultimate Stars, DS Rakubiki Jiten (Japanese/English dictionary thing), and Daigasso Band Brothers DX.

The DS is my favourite game system!
You didn't get nominated the most hardcore gamer for nothing, eh? :p

As for me, I'm currently working on Dragon Quest V and Final Fantasy Gaiden. I've also been revisiting The Legendary Starfy every now and then.

qwertysaur
02-24-2010, 04:15 PM
Daigasso band brothers is love. :p