PDA

View Full Version : ahhh, fat face.

Jess
02-16-2010, 12:13 PM
Do you have any allergies? Or have you ever had a bad allergic reaction?

I've had an allergic reaction to something and my eyes have swollen up really badly, the skin is red and really dry and sore. It's really starting to get me down because it's been there since Friday and I start my new job tomorrow :(

If anybody has any miracle cures, please do suggest. but not putting cucumbers on them, because I'm allergic to cucumbers!

I hate being allergic to practically everything!

Mirage
02-16-2010, 12:16 PM
I think I recently developed a nickel allergy. I think it was when a pointy part of my belt buckle carved itself into the skin right under my belly. Ever since then I've started cetting a rash there whenever I use that belt, even it it's not sticking into my skin. Other than that, nothing.

Chloe.
02-16-2010, 12:19 PM
I don't have any allergies at all. I have a friend who is very allergic to nuts though, she can't go anywhere near them.

qwertysaur
02-16-2010, 12:35 PM
Food allergies are scary, because usually they result in your throat closing on the second reaction D:

I'm allergic to dust mites and penicillin.

Rye
02-16-2010, 01:17 PM
I get allergic to cheap metals in jewelry. They give me ear infections, or they make my skin break out in really ugly welts.

My eye has been swollen too lately, Jess, around the lids of my eyes. I wish I had a way to help the both of us!

Jess
02-16-2010, 01:48 PM
My eye has been swollen too lately, Jess, around the lids of my eyes. I wish I had a way to help the both of us!

I look like I have gone twelve rounds with Mike Tyson. It's seriously ugly. I cried all of this morning, things like this really get me down. Guess I'm just seriously vain. :(

I've bought a few 'Simple' products, from the shops. They only use natural ingredients, no perfumes.etc so they should hopefully help.

another thing that's been suggested to me is - used teabags - put them in the fridge to chill then put them on your eyes to make the swelling go down. Fingers crossed it works. I don't want to start my job tomorrow with two swollen, dry, ugly eyes. It's so bad I don't even want to leave my house, because right now I can't put make up on!

Quindiana Jones
02-16-2010, 02:21 PM
Oh my God, you totally need to meet my sister. She actually had tests, and it turns out she is pretty much allergic to everything. Including trees. TREES.

rubah
02-16-2010, 03:27 PM
Allergic to animal dander, probably! I went for years in sinus misery until I just started claritin every day one summer (then never quit because when do the plants finish blooming?!)

*buries nose deep into lola's fur*

Xaven
02-16-2010, 04:14 PM
Food allergies are scary, because usually they result in your throat closing on the second reaction D:

I'm allergic to dust mites and penicillin.
The world needs more EpiPens. Annnd, penicillin allergies represent. :D I just get hives though. My poor seester just developed an allergy to dairy. No, not lactose intolerance but an allergy, so taking lactase doesn't solve anything.

You people and your food partial bans. D:

Zeldy
02-16-2010, 04:39 PM
I'm not allergic to anything, threads like this make me feel guilty :(

I once had a reaction to too much eye waxxing, I told my Mum as she was doing it for me to stop as it was hurting alot, but she continued and said I was being a wuss. She waxxed till it bled! The next day the skin around my eyebrows was bright red and inflamed, she apologized and I now do my own waxxing. That's the only type of reaction I've ever had..

Raistlin
02-16-2010, 06:20 PM
I am allergic to pollen and pretty much everything else in nature. I regularly take an antihistamine, though, so it's usually under control.

Rodarian
02-16-2010, 06:37 PM
I'm allergic to shellfish

eat anything or catch a strong odor and my throat and face swell up...:queasy:

I Took the Red Pill
02-16-2010, 06:39 PM
I have allergies to cats (but I play with them anyways because hey they're cats) and iirc White Birch Bark or some random ass :bou::bou::bou::bou:e like that. I haven't had a bad allergy day in a while tho, here's to hoping that doesn't change anytime soon.

Rantz
02-16-2010, 07:05 PM
Sunlight.

Shlup
02-16-2010, 08:00 PM
I'm not really allergic to anything. I have a mild pineapple allergy but it's not even notable.

For the last month I've had a bump on my eyelid though! The doctor said it's a chalazion or something and it won't go away without eyelid surgery. ARGH!

Quindiana Jones
02-16-2010, 09:21 PM
Sunlight.

That explains the swift promotion from CK to Admin. ;)

Bunny
02-16-2010, 09:23 PM
I'm allergic to not being awesome.

NorthernChaosGod
02-16-2010, 10:46 PM
I have no known allergies. :cool:

You people and your weak bodies. :smug:

Meat Puppet
02-17-2010, 06:26 AM
I seem to have recently developed an allergy to cats, or my cats have been rolling around in something I am allergic to and I don’t know about. Whenever they’re around I get an itchy throat and sneezes and puffy eyes and so on and so forth :(

NorthernChaosGod
02-17-2010, 11:01 AM
I seem to have recently developed an allergy to cats, or my cats have been rolling around in something I am allergic to and I don’t know about. Whenever they’re around I get an itchy throat and sneezes and puffy eyes and so on and so forth :(

Cats clean themselves almost neurotically, it's probably them.

Jiro
02-17-2010, 11:22 AM
Oh my God, you totally need to meet my sister. She actually had tests, and it turns out she is pretty much allergic to everything. Including trees. TREES.

Fuck you my juice went everywhere