PDA

View Full Version : which one

Lightening
02-16-2010, 04:20 PM
Since there's no main character in this game, who do you think you're going to use most of the time? it's a bit early, but we have an idea of what the characters are like.

demondude
02-16-2010, 04:33 PM
Fang is pretty win.

Vermachtnis
02-16-2010, 04:38 PM
Lightning, Fang, and Vanille. Probably knowing me.

qwertysaur
02-16-2010, 04:41 PM
I'm still not sure. ill tell you after I find out :jess:

Rantz
02-16-2010, 05:38 PM
I'll probably try to change the party around like I usually do, but Vanille's gonna have to get pretty damn annoying for me not to use her a lot! That red hair...

Madame Adequate
02-16-2010, 06:08 PM
According to what I've heard so far, I'll be using whoever the game decides I'll be using until pretty close to the end.

Sephiroth
02-16-2010, 06:08 PM
Lightning is more main character than you think.

My team is:

Lightning, Fang, Vanille.

During the storyline you need every character. Especially Hope because he is fast at learning Magic like Protes, Shell and Haste. Of course everyone can use the Enhancer job class, but first their Crystallium Board looks different and so it needs a different amount of Crystal Points to get from one spot to another. And so I've used Hope during the Final Battle. He was a great help, even with low Hit Points.

I was happy when I got the "Battle Member Change" option. Sometimes I just want to use other characters so I am glad you are able to change your party (but not from the beginning).

Psychotic
02-16-2010, 07:05 PM
Right now I'm leaning towards Lightning, Sazh and Snow, but really, I'm open to change.

Wolf Kanno
02-16-2010, 07:32 PM
Probably Snow, Sahz, and Fang, as they have all come across as the most interesting characters (I'm ignoring the fact that I know the game dictates your party until almost the end). I'll probably throw Lightening in there as well.

I'm indifferent to Vanille but her fans are definetly annoying. :roll2 Hope is someone who is seriously going to have to try hard to win me over cause he's just comes across super annoying in every story scene I've seen in the trailers. Not to mention his whole story in the party is a complete rip off of Ken Amada from Persona 3, its going to be very difficult watching his story unfold and not compare it to Ken (Whom I actually liked). Course I have to punch somebody cause Hope gets one of my favorite Eidolons in the series and I feel Sahz kinda got the raw deal.

Rad Bromance
02-16-2010, 10:14 PM
Sazh, Lightning and Vanille. :3

Sephiroth
02-16-2010, 10:36 PM
My main team:

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/9891/lightvanilleundfang.jpg

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-17-2010, 12:30 AM
Not too sure who it will be, I think I will wait and see. :D

Shlup
02-17-2010, 12:54 AM
Not too sure who it will be, I think I will wait and see. :D

This is almost exactly what I was going to say, except with more sexual innuendo.

Shiny
02-17-2010, 04:25 AM
I will probably use Fang mostly because she reminds me of Michelle Rodriguez and Michelle Rodriguez is a badass. And of course, using Lighting is a given.

LunarWeaver
02-17-2010, 05:09 AM
I'm using Hope, motherfuckers.

Raistlin
02-17-2010, 05:34 AM
I have absolutely no clue. I'll need to play the game first.

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-17-2010, 06:14 AM
I'm using Hope, mothersmurfers.

Hmmn, Lu using the underage boy, how shocking. :p

asukaevaunit02
02-17-2010, 07:02 AM
Fang seems most interesting to me, so definately her. Maybe a bit of Vanille and Hope too.

Nifleheim7
02-17-2010, 01:09 PM
Fang looks like she's going to be my favourite character.:)

Dignified Pauper
02-17-2010, 02:07 PM
Sazh for the frocobo.

sir helix
02-18-2010, 07:26 PM
sazh, hope, fang.

sazh, hes a black ff charecter need i say more.
hope, alexander rules
fang, bahamut pwns

Elpizo
02-22-2010, 10:24 AM
Hope is someone who is seriously going to have to try hard to win me over cause he's just comes across super annoying in every story scene I've seen in the trailers. Not to mention his whole story in the party is a complete rip off of Ken Amada from Persona 3, its going to be very difficult watching his story unfold and not compare it to Ken (Whom I actually liked). Course I have to punch somebody cause Hope gets one of my favorite Eidolons in the series and I feel Sahz kinda got the raw deal.

Hope can pride himself on being the most realistic 14 year old teenager the series has seen so far, judging from the english-subbed story scenes I've seen on Youtube. He acts precisely as a boy his age and with his upbringing should when he's suddenly turned l'Cie and has to fight against the whole world. He's afraid, and he damn well should be. You may or may not like this, but for me I love him. He's my favourite character in XIII, coupled with Vanille and Sahz.

Characters I'll be using the most once I get the chance to choose my team for myself are without a doubt Hope and Vanille. Don't really have a preference as for the third party member. I like Sahz storywise, but in battle I don't like his weapon. Maybe Fang, Lightning or Snow, don't know yet.

Hope FTW.

Chloe.
02-22-2010, 04:04 PM
I'm thinking probably Lightning, Vanille and Fang. But I really don't know until I play the game.

vinnie's mini's
02-22-2010, 04:11 PM
I'll probably just do what I always end up doing (Because I can't make my mind up) and thats to just use all of them evenly.

Vermachtnis
02-22-2010, 06:10 PM
Hope is someone who is seriously going to have to try hard to win me over cause he's just comes across super annoying in every story scene I've seen in the trailers. Not to mention his whole story in the party is a complete rip off of Ken Amada from Persona 3, its going to be very difficult watching his story unfold and not compare it to Ken (Whom I actually liked). Course I have to punch somebody cause Hope gets one of my favorite Eidolons in the series and I feel Sahz kinda got the raw deal.

That doesn't bode well for me and Hope's character, cause I didn't even like Ken. The best part about Ken was Spears showing up in the store.

Wolf Kanno
02-23-2010, 06:24 AM

Hope can pride himself on being the most realistic 14 year old teenager the series has seen so far, judging from the english-subbed story scenes I've seen on Youtube. He acts precisely as a boy his age and with his upbringing should when he's suddenly turned l'Cie and has to fight against the whole world. He's afraid, and he damn well should be. You may or may not like this, but for me I love him. He's my favourite character in XIII, coupled with Vanille and Sahz.

Characters I'll be using the most once I get the chance to choose my team for myself are without a doubt Hope and Vanille. Don't really have a preference as for the third party member. I like Sahz storywise, but in battle I don't like his weapon. Maybe Fang, Lightning or Snow, don't know yet.

Hope FTW.

Different taste, I generally hate "kid" characters and I really wish that a series try for once to ditch this concept of needing one. Hope may be "realistic" but that doesn't make him likable as I generally don't get along with kids and children of any kind. He's going to have to try really hard to impress me like Ken Amada did in P3 (Vermachtnis, you are officially dead to me) cause nothing sucks the joy out of a good story than watching a kid character whine around and retell the same "coming of age" tripe that "good" kid characters only seem capable of telling. The least they could have done was actually try to touch a new angle here, kid characters are always scared, coming to age through adventures, or a prodigy getting back in touch with their social age. Hope seems like he's hardly changing the wheel and as I said, any video I've seen of the brat has him whining around and making me wish that someone would just knock the brat out and just throw him into the bag of infinite holding until the adventure is over. :roll2

NeoCracker
02-23-2010, 09:43 AM
The only character I"m feeling as of now is Snow. I'm with Wolfy all the way on Snow and Ken though. :p

Loony BoB
02-23-2010, 11:31 AM
It'll depend largely on how early/late they come into the game and also how they are in battle.

I want to say Sazh, Vanille and Lightning. But I think it'll end up being Snow, Vanille and Lightning because I tend to avoid guns, and tend to enjoy those that use fists/feet when attacking. Maybe Vanille will lose out to Fang, too, but we'll see.

I'll avoid Hope, though. Another tendency in FF games is that I hate playable children characters.