PDA

View Full Version : Traveling!

KentaRawr!
02-16-2010, 05:26 PM
So, at my 13th birthday, my Mom gave me a digital camera. One of the first pictures I took was this one, in October:

http://b2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/01277/23/04/1277254032_l.jpg

I fumbled with my camera, and that's why I only got the last line of birds. I was disappointed with the shot for a few reasons, but I still saved it. It's one of the few pictures I still have since my camera was stolen when I was 14.

Well, now I'm 17. I was walking outside, about to head off to Jiu-Jitsu class. I looked up from my driveway, from where I took that picture above, and I saw a flock of birds flying and squacking just as they had when I was 13. It made me feel like even though I was now studying Jiu-Jitsu, as well as other martial arts, just as I'd wanted to do, and I was doing well in school, just as I'd wanted to do, things were still the same. To be honest, I almost cried when I saw them fly above me. I know that things aren't the same, and that me and my friends aren't going to be with one another forever. So, rather than hold on to that, I want to travel and improve myself, to find friends, and become a person they can rely on so I'll never be without them.

The boring story makes it seem like an EoEO thread. But anyway, that's just what I think of whenever I think of traveling and what it means to me. What do you think of traveling?

Shlup
02-16-2010, 08:09 PM
I love traveling. So far my husband and I have traveled to Hawaii, Jamaica, Alaska, and the Grand Canyon. I guess you could also count Colorado, Las Vegas, and Oklahoma. My husband also spent two months on a tour bus driving around the US.

And in April we're going to Japan. The cherry blossoms will be in bloom and we'll celebrate nine years of being together. I am constantly pissing myself with excitement. Constantly.

Meat Puppet
02-17-2010, 06:28 AM
I went to Texas last year and it was just as boring as I had suspected.

Breine
02-17-2010, 04:03 PM
I dig traveling! I really, really love it. Backpacking is the way to go, yo!

Peegee
02-17-2010, 05:25 PM
I am constantly pissing myself with excitement. Constantly.

Trying to go for EoFF qotd, are we?

I've traveled to a fair number of places - Vancouver, Quebec, Hong Kong, china, Macau, California, Connecticut, Tennessee, Florida, New York City, Chicago, Buffalo....I forget if there's more. I'm surprised I haven't been to Detroit yet.

Anyway I used to not enjoy traveling. As far as I was concerned everywhere is home to somebody so it's just a novelty. However I've started to enjoy traveling lately. I'd love to travel around Europe, or at least the United Kingdom one day, and Australia/New Zealand/Tasmania are on the list for 'asap'.

Later this year I am going on a land tour around China. Will be very fun.

Shlup
02-17-2010, 07:17 PM

The one on Twitter? I post that, dummy; I'm not gonna pick myself.

Peegee
02-17-2010, 07:36 PM

The one on Twitter? I post that, dummy; I'm not gonna pick myself.

I guess incontenance is the new hip thing to do. I tried to help you Mandee.

Loony BoB
02-17-2010, 08:43 PM
I do enjoy travel, definitely - although I prefer traveling to meet people rather than go places (but it can't hurt to do a little of both, naturally :D). I spent my young life traveling everywhere in the North Island of New Zealand. Since then I've traveled to a few places around Europe, a lot of the UK, and a trip to California... my thoughts are basically if it's sunny, I've enjoyed myself, and I've enjoyed myself triple if it involves meeting friends on some level. I'd rather meet friends at home than travel to a place where there's nobody I know. I guess I just like to share experiences.

Rodarian
02-17-2010, 08:57 PM
I am an avid traveler.

I think the next trip I'll plan solo will be meeting any one of you guys! That should be cool!!!

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-17-2010, 09:09 PM
I haven't travelled far but I've been through all of New Brunswick, most of PEI, St John's (Nfld), Quebec City, Toronto, Stratford (Ontario) and a bit of Maine. Not much, I really want to travel more. My next trip is this May to Toronto~

Quindiana Jones
02-18-2010, 12:03 AM
I love travelling. My friends and I are doing a little Europe tour this summer. 18 towns. 26 days. France, Germany, Belgium, Austria, Italy, Spain. Is there another place? I forget. Whatever: road trip woop woop.

Although I love trains, so I'm looking around at cheap train alternatives.

To date, I've been to British Columbia (Canada), Alberta (Canada), Montana, Washington, Idaho, Oregon, California, France, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Tunisia....and I know there's more but for the life of me I always forget them after Tunisia.