PDA

View Full Version : EoFF Plays Pokémon: First Generation!

Pages : [1] 2

Momiji
02-16-2010, 06:12 PM
Yup. Red/Blue/Yellow/Green only-- no FireRed/LeafGreen. Post screenshots and pictures of your progress here, as well as anything else you might find interesting.

For those of you unfamiliar with EoFF Plays, basically we all play a game together, and either just play it to beat it, play it just to have fun, or play while attempting certain challenges that will be posted below. For those who already know how EoFF Plays work, this should be nothing new to you~

Anyway, here are the challenges!
Poké Ball Challenges are pretty simple, even for newcomers to the game.
Master Ball Challenges take a lot more time and effort, and are recommended to those who have no life are very experienced with the game.
Special Challenges are challenges require you to know the game inside and out, and some require some amount of permitted cheating to achieve them (or actual copies of the game and link cables!).

All challenges require screenshot/picture proof to be counted!

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/Bag_PokC3A9_Ball_Sprite.pngPoké Ball Challengeshttp://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/Bag_PokC3A9_Ball_Sprite.png

Complete the game (Collect all badges and beat the Elite Four)
Capture Mewtwo, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, and both Snorlax
Capture Kangaskhan, Chansey, Dratini, Tauros and Scyther/Pinsir from the Safari Zone
Obtain a Porygon from the Game Corner
Beat the Elite Four using unevolved Pokemon (this also includes Pokémon that never evolve)
Complete the game using only one type of Pokemon throughout (This means you can not use any other type aside from your starter's type-- though hybrid types are permitted (For example, if you picked Squirtle, you can still use Tentacruel, since they both are Water type, even if Tentacruel is Water/Poison.)
Complete the game without using any Psychic-type Pokemon
Construct a party that can use a move of every type in the game
Get one Pokémon to lv. 100 (NO RARE CANDY GLITCH)
Pokerap Team. (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Kanto_Pokerap) Assemble a team of 6 Pokemon in sequence from the Pokerap, and beat the Elite Four with it.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/Bag_Master_Ball_Sprite.pngMaster Ball Challengeshttp://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/Bag_Master_Ball_Sprite.png

Capture all possible Pokemon from whichever version you're playing (which means you must capture and evolve everything possible except for the two Eevee evolutions you didn't choose, whichever fossil you didn't choose, and Trade-only Pokemon evolutions (Golem, Machamp, Gengar, Alakazam).
Get your entire party to lv. 100 (NO RARE CANDY GLITCH)
Beat the Elite Four with only 1 Pokemon in your party (does not have to be the first time)
Beat the Elite Four with only unevolved Pokemon (Only this time, you can't use Pokémon that don't evolve either!)
Complete the game using only your Starter Pokemon. You may not have any other Pokémon in your party at any time. (NOTE: You're going to need a Pokémon or two for HM slaves, but you cannot train them.)
Catch Mewtwo with any ball that is not the Master Ball.
Complete the game without using healing/recovery items. No Potions, Ethers, Status Recovery items, or Revives.
Beat the Elite Four using only Bug and Ghost attacks. (In addition, fixed-damage moves such as Sonicboom, Seismic Toss and Dragon Rage are allowed.) Video proof is required!
Complete the game without ever going to a Pokémon Center (of course, being taken to one when all of your Pokemon have fainted does not count)

Special Challenges

Collect all 150 Pokémon
Find and capture Missingno.
Beat the Elite Four with only Missingno.
Find the hidden truck
Find 'Glitch City'
Successfully perform the Mew glitch, and capture it
Capture all 151 Pokémon, plus Missingno. (Combination of a few challenges.)
Beat the Elite Four using ONLY One-Hit KO attacks. Video proof is required!
Beat the Elite Four with only Poison status damage (Poison Sting is allowed due to being the weakest Poison direct damage attack, Toxic, Poisonpowder, etc.) Video proof is required!

"Hi, my name is qwertysaur and I have way too much time on my hands and no life!" Challenge

Beat the Elite Four using ONLY a Magikarp

Let's go!

Goldenboko
02-16-2010, 06:29 PM
I might do this. :) But at the same time I know it takes me forever to finish these pokemon games because I get distracted/busy.

Ouch!
02-16-2010, 06:33 PM
I would never let my pokemon remain unevolved. Stat growth is more important than bragging rights!

Sephiroth
02-16-2010, 06:40 PM
If I do the Pokéball Challenges for example, does that mean I have to do all the Pokéball Challenges during the same playthrough?

By the way, I already did most of these challenges. But I cannot screenshot with my GameBoy/Color/Advance/DS. So unfortunately I won't do one of these things, because I don't want to use emule.

PuPu
02-16-2010, 06:41 PM
capture Missingno

uhhhhhh

Jessweeee♪
02-16-2010, 06:44 PM
I may do this. I've been wanting to replay Red and Blue for some time to play around with all of the fun glitches. Until recently I thought the whole old guy/Missingno thing was the only one!

Sephiroth
02-16-2010, 06:47 PM
Until recently I thought the whole old guy/Missingno thing was the only one!

The Sunny Town glitch is as funny as the MissingNo. glitch. But I have never used the Mew glitch.

Goldenboko
02-16-2010, 06:52 PM
capture Missingno

uhhhhhh

If you use an emulated version you won't have you worry about your cartridge dying after capturing him :jess:

EDIT: Btw, fuck it, totally participating.

Momiji
02-16-2010, 06:54 PM
If I do the Pokéball Challenges for example, does that mean I have to do all the Pokéball Challenges during the same playthrough?

By the way, I already did most of these challenges. But I cannot screenshot with my GameBoy/Color/Advance/DS. So unfortunately I won't do one of these things, because I don't want to use emule.

You don't have to do any challenges at all, they're just for fun.

capture Missingno

uhhhhhh

Yeaaaah do that after doing any other challenges, or use a special savestate if you're emulating.

Sephiroth
02-16-2010, 06:56 PM
You don't have to do any challenges at all, they're just for fun.

I know. I mean when I want to do (some of) the challenges.

Jessweeee♪
02-16-2010, 06:59 PM
I've been lucky enough to never have anything but my Hall of Fame mucked up after playing around with Missingno xD

Sephiroth
02-16-2010, 07:02 PM
I've been lucky enough to never have anything but my Hall of Fame mucked up after playing around with Missingno xD

Yeah, or your character picture where you can see your badges and pokédollar, for example. That's a weird glitch.

Momiji
02-16-2010, 07:04 PM
Doesn't really matter. All of the Poké Ball challenges can be done in one run if you start with the 'complete game with starter type only', and the other Elite Four challenge can be done at any time (you can challenge them an unlimited number of times, after all).

As for the whole Missingno. glitch stuff, it's actually pretty safe to use without causing damage to the game. It'll glitch things up, but I don't think it will ruin the game as long as you're doing this as your last challenge (after everything else is already done) if you're using a cartridge. If you're emulating, simply use a separate savestate for it. If you're still squeamish about losing stuff, no one said you had to take the challenge. Move along in that case and ignore it.

Sephiroth
02-16-2010, 07:09 PM
Doesn't really matter. All of the Poké Ball challenges can be done in one run if you start with the 'complete game with starter type only', and the other Elite Four challenge can be done at any time (you can challenge them an unlimited number of times, after all).

Yes, but I just wanted to know if have to do it during one playthrough when I do the challenges for this thread. I know it is possible. The "starter only" thing is easy with Bulbasaur, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, et cetera, for example.

As for the whole Missingno. glitch stuff, it's actually pretty safe to use without causing damage to the game. It'll glitch things up, but it won't kill your game. M', however, will, IIRC.

Yes, my game was never deleted by MissingNo..

Momiji
02-16-2010, 07:10 PM
No, you do not have to. All you need is a screenshot or picture for proof that you did it.

Goldenboko
02-16-2010, 07:10 PM
Question, how does one go about getting all the pokemon if they emulate to get screenshots?

EDIT: Totally doing Pokemon RED by the way :cool:

qwertysaur
02-16-2010, 07:19 PM
VBAdvance Link. Roms of both red and blue, along with files.

Cetra1 gets a :cookie: for saying what everyone knows, that Bulbasaur is the best starter :choc:

Momiji
02-16-2010, 07:19 PM
You can capture all of the Pokémon possible in one version, which is a Master Ball Challenge. Capturing all 150/151 requires 2 actual copies of the games, plus the Mew glitch and capturing Missingno. for the latter. Do note that you have to use a camera to take pictures if you're playing the actual game.

If you really want to try for all 150/151 while emulating, you can perform the Mew Glitch for all of the ones you're missing. It's going to be a real pain in the ass though...

QwertyNinja: I didn't know about VBAdvance Link. Is it possible to do online battles that way? That would be awesome!

Goldenboko
02-16-2010, 07:21 PM
By the way! I'll be taking member's names for my Pokemon! Line up for a spot :)

Momiji
02-16-2010, 07:22 PM
@Boko: I'm in. I wanna be a grass or psychic type!

Oh, and I'm playing a moonrunes version of Pokémon Green, just because.

qwertysaur
02-16-2010, 07:22 PM
Wait I forgot to suggest a challenge in the EC thread.

Super special challenge. Beat the Elite 4 using only a Magikarp :bigsmile:

Edit: I wanna be a bulbasaur Boko! :p

Momiji
02-16-2010, 07:23 PM
It has to be at least remotely possible, qwert :P

Goldenboko
02-16-2010, 07:25 PM

Too bad! I'm picking Charmander. Charmander-Char! bitches.

qwertysaur
02-16-2010, 07:27 PM
it is, magikarp does have tackle. If you use x items and get lucky it is possible :p

Sephiroth
02-16-2010, 07:27 PM
Cetra1 gets a :cookie: for saying what everyone knows, that Bulbasaur is the best starter :choc:

Lol^^

It's obvious. Venusaur's a beast.

By the way in Final Fantasy XIII there is a monster which looks like a giant Bulbasaur. Well, not really, but it has the same seed on its back.

I want to be a...yeah, well - something which really is in your team and not only Bill's PC.

Goldenboko
02-16-2010, 07:30 PM

Lol^^

It's obvious. Venusaur's a beast.

By the way in Final Fantasy XIII there is a monster which looks like a giant Bulbasaur. Well, not really, but it has the same seed on its back.

I want to be a...yeah, well - something which really is in your team and not only Bill's PC.

You will be my Pidgey then because Pidgeot is a beast. Or maybe Pikachu! Gah! I'm bad at deciding!

qwertysaur
02-16-2010, 07:30 PM

Play pokemon yellow, you get all three starters :p

Sephiroth
02-16-2010, 07:31 PM
You will be my Pidgey then because Pidgeot is a beast. Or maybe Pikachu! Gah! I'm bad at deciding!

I wanna be a Pikachu! Let's see how you catch me without using a ball. Or a bug net.

Momiji
02-16-2010, 07:33 PM

Remind me how that's possible :|

Goldenboko
02-16-2010, 07:33 PM

Fuck yellow. Red is the best and always will be. Besides, I've given up on all 151 far before I started that challenge.

qwertysaur
02-16-2010, 07:37 PM

Remind me how that's possible :|
During the game, you get each starter as a gift from NPC's. An officer Jenny gives Squirtle in Vermilion.

Also
VBALink With A Router - Link over internet (http://www.vbalink.info/vbalink-with-a-router.htm)

Momiji
02-16-2010, 07:37 PM
There, I'll humor your challenge, qwert :p

Depression Moon
02-16-2010, 07:41 PM
Damn Damn Damn, I regret selling my GBC so many years ago.

capture Missingno.

You want us to commit suicide!?

Momiji
02-16-2010, 07:42 PM
As do I. :|

qwertysaur
02-16-2010, 07:43 PM
:aimkiss:

It begins

Goldenboko
02-16-2010, 07:45 PM
Ready to go:

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy49/ttidle/Eyeson%20plays%20red%20and%20blue/choosename.jpg

I figured my name would be proper.

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy49/ttidle/Eyeson%20plays%20red%20and%20blue/rival.jpg

Now of course, to make it like EoFF, I had to pick a suitable rival. To keep it consistant with the show, I picked Psychotic, as I will easily can fill the shoes of nerdy annoying one of EoFF and he can assume the chick-magnet asshole, that doesn't actually consider me a rival, but I will one day sneak up on and defeat at the end of the Ciddies by smacking him with a lead pipe when he isn't looking, and then steal his girlfriend! Okay, maybe without that last part.

Sir Lancealot
02-16-2010, 08:22 PM
Can Missingno be found in Yellow version?

Momiji
02-16-2010, 08:22 PM
Yes, as far as I remember.

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-16-2010, 08:32 PM
But I just started playing Emerald. :( T_T

Momiji
02-16-2010, 08:32 PM
No rule against throttling your way through RBYG in an emulator in your free time :D It's not recommended at all, but some of us are busy people :|

PuPu
02-16-2010, 08:33 PM
http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad96/jokename/names.jpg

Doing it on Yellow. If anyone can figure out why I picked out those names, cookie.

Sephiroth
02-16-2010, 08:36 PM
Yes, as far as I remember.

No, this MissingNo. Glitch was removed in yellow.

Momiji
02-16-2010, 08:39 PM
I know for sure there's a Missingno. glitch of some sort in Yellow. I remember doing it 10 years or so ago! :p

qwertysaur
02-16-2010, 08:42 PM
:cool:
I had some bugs with VBadvance and the trading, so I had to restart and use a different emulator. No harm done, and I have 2/3 starters already set!

Sephiroth
02-16-2010, 08:43 PM
I know for sure there's a Missingno. glitch of some sort in Yellow. I remember doing it 10 years or so ago! :p

Look at the "this" in my last post.

It means it is not the same Glitch at Cinnabar Island.

Momiji
02-16-2010, 08:45 PM
I'm very well aware of that. I'm just saying I know that there's still a way to get it in Yellow :p

EDIT: It's pretty cool that while we talk about glitch Pokémon, some music from the Giygas battle in EarthBound started playing in Winamp :D It feels so strangely appropriate.

Sephiroth
02-16-2010, 08:50 PM
EDIT: It's pretty cool that while we talk about glitch Pokémon, some music from the Giygas battle in EarthBound started playing in Winamp :D It feels so strangely appropriate.

Yeah, I am hearing in on youtube right know.

By the way, do you have one of the newer editions? I want to do an online match against someone.

qwertysaur
02-16-2010, 09:00 PM
I have Platinum and Diamond, but I have to go through my very messy room and find the box with my DS games in it. :p

Goldenboko
02-16-2010, 09:00 PM
http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy49/ttidle/Eyeson%20plays%20red%20and%20blue/squirtle.jpg
I ended up picking Squirtle, because Psychotic said he'd murder me in my sleep if I didn't let him have Bulbasaur.

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy49/ttidle/Eyeson%20plays%20red%20and%20blue/Quin.jpg
Meet Quin! He's an energenic little rascal who's gonna go beat up Psychotic's Bulbafail!

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy49/ttidle/Eyeson%20plays%20red%20and%20blue/1stpsyfight.jpg
No sweat! Didn't even have to break out the Potion :cool:

Momiji
02-16-2010, 09:08 PM
capture Missingno.

You want us to commit suicide!?

It's not suicide if you're doing it right :P

PuPu
02-16-2010, 09:11 PM
Mankey and Female Nidoran have been caught. I wonder if either will help me against Brock.

qwertysaur
02-16-2010, 09:14 PM
Psychotic is a smart man, Bulbasaur is the best starter :p

no screenshot right now, but I went on a catching spree, and qwertysaur and Rantzien have some new friends. Guardian (the XIII doesn't fit) the Nidoran♂, Mullet the Spearow, Shiny the caterpie, and GoBo the Pidgey. Off to catch a few more friends, then breeze through the Viridian forest with Mullets peck, a very strong early game move :p

Edit: Mankey is death to brock once it gets some fighting type attacks. :p

leader of mortals
02-16-2010, 09:14 PM
I am definitely doing this.

I'll take screen shots along the way...

Anyone want to ask to be something? I need a name for the Rival and my starter(probably Charmander)

Sephiroth
02-16-2010, 09:17 PM
Edit: Mankey is death to brock once it gets some fighting type attacks. :p

You don't need to use Mankey. Nidoran is enough with its Double Kick attack.

EDIT: Lol, okay forget that. Level 43 in Pokémon Red, Blue and Yellow for Double Kick.

Quindiana Jones
02-16-2010, 09:17 PM
I've yet to use emulators and stuff, but I totally want in on this (screw university!). Anyone got any advice and links and stuff? Feel free to send money too.

leader of mortals
02-16-2010, 09:20 PM
I've yet to use emulators and stuff, but I totally want in on this (screw university!). Anyone got any advice and links and stuff? Feel free to send money too.

Since it's against the rules to talk about it, I'll PM it to you because then the mods will never know!

Momiji
02-16-2010, 09:20 PM
I told Vusasaki to play along, he should be posting some screenshots eventually. He's going for the Starter-only challenge, and it's come to my attention that the game cannot be completed as such. Bulbasaur and Charmander (and their evolutions) can't use Surf, Bulbasaur can't learn Strength, and Squirtle can't use Cut. Therefore, I have amended the challenge so you can capture dummy Pokémon to use as HM slaves. However, you cannot train them.

Psychotic
02-16-2010, 09:22 PM
You chose wisely, Goldenboko. Very wisely indeed.

Quindiana Jones
02-16-2010, 09:24 PM
I am definitely doing this.

I'll take screen shots along the way...

Anyone want to ask to be something? I need a name for the Rival and my starter(probably Charmander)

You've gotta call your rival Harle. ;)

Goldenboko
02-16-2010, 09:24 PM
You chose wisely, Goldenboko. Very wisely indeed.

I just wanna be loved :(

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy49/ttidle/Eyeson%20plays%20red%20and%20blue/rattata.jpg

Hurrah! I caught my first companion for Quin!

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy49/ttidle/Eyeson%20plays%20red%20and%20blue/baloki.jpg

Too bad it just turned out to be a stinky furry! :mad2:

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy49/ttidle/Eyeson%20plays%20red%20and%20blue/cetrathepidgey.jpg

My second attempt at catching a worthy companion for Quin was much more fruitful!

Sephiroth
02-16-2010, 09:30 PM
Cool, Boko.

But you haven't caught a Pikachu?

qwertysaur, does that mean you don't want an online battle?

Momiji
02-16-2010, 09:34 PM
All right, I started now.

My name!
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_01.png
Rival's name!
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_02.png
Bonus points if you get the reference.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_03.png
Superior.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_04.png
Nickname~

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_05.png
Told you so. :colbert: just kidding, I used a potion

PuPu
02-16-2010, 09:52 PM
So, I was just wondering about comparing Pokemon (including their evolved forms)...

For Pidgey vs. Spearow, I have a feeling that Spearow is better because Fearow can do Drill Peck, probable the best Flying type move in the game.

For Nidoran Male vs. Nidoran Female, I don't believe either is better than the other.

For Caterpie vs. Weedle, I think Caterpie is better because Butterfree can use Confusion and Psybeam, two powerful psychic attacks.

I dunno about their stats, so I'm just comparing movesets. Does this seem right?

Goldenboko
02-16-2010, 09:53 PM
smurf.

Note to everyone emulating. Don't save while in Throttle Mode, it smurfs up everything, my sound and picture is off and glitchy, gonna have to redo 10-20 minutes of crap.

EDIT: To PuPu, Ferrow sucks, I had one in my FireRed version, wished it was a Pidgoet, it's stats become quickly inferior.

Sephiroth
02-16-2010, 09:59 PM
For Caterpie vs. Weedle, I think Caterpie is better because Butterfree can use Confusion and Psybeam, two powerful psychic attacks.

Don't forget Sleep Powder and Stun Spore.

The only good Spearow I know is Jack Spearow...wait, there's something wrong.

Goldenboko
02-16-2010, 10:05 PM
smurf! And appearently the reset button is quite literal. Data deleted. Woo-hoo, restarting time!

Note to self, never use throttle ever again! Cheating isn't cool!

PuPu
02-16-2010, 10:07 PM
Huh, something must be wrong with my game.

When Pidgey used Gust against my Mankey, it didn't say "It's super effective!"

Bah, I'm sticking with Spearow since I already trained it. If I remembered correctly, Pidgey's best flying type move was Wing Attack, and Drill Peck is better than that.

Goldenboko
02-16-2010, 10:08 PM

Bah, I'm sticking with Spearow since I already trained it. If I remembered correctly, Pidgey's best flying type move was Wing Attack, and Drill Peck is better than that.

But Fly is better than both of those xD

Got my Quin back!

Looking for a better version of Red. If that's not possible a better version of Yellow. This one stinks apparently. :(
Just you wait Quin! I'll get you back!

Sephiroth
02-16-2010, 10:13 PM

That's because Fighting type pokémon have Flying type weakness. Didn't you know?

Of course you know now.

EDIT: Ah, it didn't say! Yes, that's weird.

PuPu
02-16-2010, 10:16 PM
...oh.

Well, I guess I'll just have to deal with the lesser stats then. Anyways, caught Caterpie, I think my 5 Pokemon team is good for now. I'll leave the 6th slot for when something else comes. I don't plan on using Legendary Birds or Snorlax either.

Time to beat Gary near Victory Road. I think it'll be easier to just refer to the rival as Gary from now on.

qwertysaur
02-16-2010, 10:17 PM
In Generation I gust is a normal attack. So Spearow is better initially until Pidgey gets an actually flying type attack

I'll battle online eventually :p

Sephiroth
02-16-2010, 10:18 PM
I don't plan on using Legendary Birds or Snorlax either.

That's too bad.

Articuno and Zapdos are enough for the Elite Four and Green. Well, for Green you should at least train your starter Pokémon, but they are enough.

qwertysaur, PM?

Quindiana Jones
02-16-2010, 10:22 PM
In First Gen. games, Gust is a Normal type move so isn't special effective against Fighting Pokémon. :D

Anyway. Here's my story so far.

First things first:

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/7104/pcerotica.png
I...I have that effect on electrical devices. Magnemites love me. :blush:

Then I go out into the big, wide world.
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/6537/womenhavenorights.png
I just let my mum live there. My dad left it to ME, damnit.

So, stuff happens. I try to play around, but in The Lost World style, Oak cries "DON'T GO INTO THE LONG GRASS!", and I end up being given this dude.
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/5/gobo.png
He's pro, but doesn't think much of me.
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/1033/notimpressed.png

But, whatever. He'll grow to love me. Anyway, my rival, named Breine for the awesome hair and the fact that Breine is IRL the only rival my hand has, gets all up in my face and like innit blud.
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3325/breinecanbringit.png
Yeah, Breine can bring it.

I own him, but you'll have to take my word for it. Boko: 13/19 health. Eevee: dead.

I then go into Viridian City, fondle Oak's package, then catch me some more Pokémon before calling it a day. Ladies and gents, please welcome NidoRantz and Balokey.

NidoRantz:
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/8538/nidorantz.png
I understand that Rantz is actually a man, but Nidoqueen (ah man, NidoQuin...d'oh!) is so much better than Nidoking. So whatever.

Balokey:
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/1298/balokey.png
I figured it was appropriate because it's just a pun on names Baloki uses Leer. Mostly at young children. And animals.

We end with Bokochu having a nervous twitch in his ear (which you can't see....). He knows about the upcoming buttrape.
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/8274/happier.png

Momiji
02-16-2010, 10:33 PM
smurf! And appearently the reset button is quite literal. Data deleted. Woo-hoo, restarting time!

Note to self, never use throttle ever again! Cheating isn't cool!

Throttling isn't cheating in my book. It takes the fun out of the game, though. I'm throttling through the beginning stuff 'cause it's boring, but once I get to Cerulean City I'll probably stop. Also, it shouldn't cause any issues with your save data...

Anyway, new pics. I figured out how to tweak the emulator so they're in color!

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_02-1.png
I caught me a Pikachu.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_04-1.png
The only appropriate name, which will be changed to the next most appropriate name when I get a Thunder Stone.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_06.png
Yawn.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_07.png
Side note: In the Japanese version, 'Lass' is named 'Miniskirt'.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_08.png
Oh? Who's this?
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_09.png
...what should I name it... I know!
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_10.png
Heh. /smug

My party before Mt. Moon:
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_12.png
Peegee/ Pikachu Lv. 13 -- Thundershock, Growl, Thunder Wave

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_13.png
Hazuki /Ivysaur Lv. 20 -- Tackle, Growl, Leech Seed, Vine Whip

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_14.png
Paul /Jigglypuff Lv. 5 -- Sing

Skyblade
02-16-2010, 10:33 PM
Wow, I totally wasn't expecting an Eyes on Plays for Pokemon. But I think the battery is dead on my Red (I know it is for Blue). Yellow might still work though, I'll go give it a shot.

Could we get translations of your name and your rival's name, Momiji?

Momiji
02-16-2010, 10:35 PM
My name is Matsuri; my rival's name is Miu. Of course, that loses some of the 'can you spot the reference?' fun. :<

Quindiana Jones
02-16-2010, 10:36 PM
I wonder what Momiji's Raichu will be called....;)

Momiji
02-16-2010, 10:39 PM
'The next most appropriate name'!

Goldenboko
02-16-2010, 10:39 PM
Okay, so Quin wins super hard and he provided me with a Yellow version that doesn't skip incessantly. I'll restart after my concert!

Quindiana Jones
02-16-2010, 10:43 PM
For the record, lom actually did everything. In that all this secret illegal emulator crap is all his fault so ban him. :shifty:

qwertysaur
02-16-2010, 10:49 PM
:cool:

Quindiana Jones
02-16-2010, 10:51 PM
BLUE? Oh, you bitch. Now my Yellow achievements will be so unimpressive.

qwertysaur
02-16-2010, 10:57 PM
That's right, BLUE! I WILL be getting the entire pokedex. I'm only playing in this plays with my Blue file, but I also have a Red file to get all the version exclusives. Also the other 2 Eeveeloutions :p

My charmander is named Jiro and Shiny is almost ready to Evolve. She just help catch Cetra the pikachu. Also Berry (Scrumpleberry wont fit) the Nidoran♀ has joined in the fun, but she is not in the mood for battles right now, so she is having a nap in storage for now. Later she will destroy some stuff though :p

Sephiroth
02-16-2010, 11:01 PM
She just help catch Cetra the pikachu.

That's worthy enough being part of my signature.

PuPu
02-16-2010, 11:05 PM
If only this were GSC/Heart Gold/Soul Silver.

Those will always be the best. Getting to fight through Johto AND Kanto.

qwertysaur
02-16-2010, 11:08 PM
Shiny evolved, and leaned Harden. :p

Quindiana Jones
02-16-2010, 11:09 PM
That's right, BLUE! I WILL be getting the entire pokedex. I'm only playing in this plays with my Blue file, but I also have a Red file to get all the version exclusives. Also the other 2 Eeveeloutions :p

My charmander is named Jiro and Shiny is almost ready to Evolve. She just help catch Cetra the pikachu. Also Berry (Scrumpleberry wont fit) the Nidoran♀ has joined in the fun, but she is not in the mood for battles right now, so she is having a nap in storage for now. Later she will destroy some stuff though :p

I can't wait to see your updates. :excited:

leader of mortals
02-16-2010, 11:21 PM
Ok well, I started with Red and went to get Mankey on route 22 I think, didn't find him, looked it up, and realized that Mankey can't be found there on Red.

Now I am doing Yellow.

Marshall Banana
02-16-2010, 11:57 PM
I hate Gary.

qwertysaur
02-17-2010, 12:02 AM
Rantzien leaned bubble!

Momiji
02-17-2010, 12:11 AM

I'm thinking of having that next month or in April... then again, I'm picking SoulSilver up the day it comes out!

qwertysaur
02-17-2010, 12:29 AM

I'm thinking of having that next month or in April... then again, I'm picking SoulSilver up the day it comes out!
I was going to make the thread the day before the release. HeartGold! :D

Momiji
02-17-2010, 12:33 AM
Oh, if you're gonna run that one, it's cool. I wanna focus on playing anyway, since I won't be able to throttle through that one :P

PuPu
02-17-2010, 12:44 AM
Brock defeated, thank you Mankey + Low Kick.

Couldn't help but notice that:

Brock sounds like Barack (Obama). The TM he gives you teaches Bide, which sounds like Joe Biden.

qwertysaur
02-17-2010, 12:52 AM
Comments on the pictures :p
I love that trainer in his gym...
Go Rantzien go!
Lets fight Brock!
Shiny has defeated all foes!
Shiny evolves to Butterfree!

I defeated Brock without taking more than 5 net damage. Leech Seed + a lot of Growls kept Geodude and Onix from doing too much damage with their tackles, and since I never directly attacked, Bide was useless. When Onix connected with screech I switched to Shiny, then Onix died. :p

Sir Lancealot
02-17-2010, 12:57 AM
Why is Brock half naked?:(

leader of mortals
02-17-2010, 02:52 AM
Here are my comments...

1. Yeah, I'm Boring
2. Quin's suggestion
3. Someone everyone loves!
4. Haha, beat him
5. Didn't use my Potion either :colbert:

qwertysaur
02-17-2010, 02:52 AM
Because his shirt is light years away!
This kid will grow up one day to very important things. His words are those of true wisdom. And I beat up his pokemon :p

Also I found demondude and it's mondatime!:ichigo: I gave Monda watergun because Jiro and Rantzien are having a melodramatic phase and sometimes wont listen to me. :p

PuPu
02-17-2010, 02:59 AM
So guys.

Omanyte/Omastar or Kabuto/Kabutops?

Marshall Banana
02-17-2010, 03:01 AM
it's mondatime!:ichigo:

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/jigglypuff.jpg

PuPu
02-17-2010, 03:28 AM
After careful consideration and realizing that Omastar and Kabutops are practically equally good, I chose the Dome Fossil because Kabutops looks cooler.

Also, brats for the win. Take that Jesse and James.

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad96/jokename/bratsftw.jpg
http://s925.photobucket.com/albums/ad96/jokename/

I also caught Clefairy, now on to Cerulean City.

Sir Lancealot
02-17-2010, 11:44 AM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/[IMG]http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/Sir-Lancealot/EoFF%20Plays%20Pokemon/YesmynameisRamza.pnghttp://forums.eyesonff.com/[IMG]http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/Sir-Lancealot/EoFF%20Plays%20Pokemon/YesmynameisRamza.pnghttp://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/Sir-Lancealot/EoFF%20Plays%20Pokemon/YesmynameisRamza.png

Yes, yes it is. No need to get get excited.

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/Sir-Lancealot/EoFF%20Plays%20Pokemon/PokemonYellow_01-1.png

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/Sir-Lancealot/EoFF%20Plays%20Pokemon/PokemonYellow_01.png

You don't know the name of your Grandson?

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/Sir-Lancealot/EoFF%20Plays%20Pokemon/PokemonYellow_02.png

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/Sir-Lancealot/EoFF%20Plays%20Pokemon/HisnameisMoNercy.png

Odd name. No wonder he keeps forgetting it.

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/Sir-Lancealot/EoFF%20Plays%20Pokemon/PlayingwiththeSNES.png

Still cant beat Ridley. Also cant figure why there is a palm tree in my room.

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/Sir-Lancealot/EoFF%20Plays%20Pokemon/PokemonYellow_01-3.png

Why is there a potion in my items box? Aren't they meant to heal a Pokemon?
Maybe Mom's given me one today.:bigsmile:

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/Sir-Lancealot/EoFF%20Plays%20Pokemon/Dontgoout.png

Why cant that loud man leave me alone?

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/Sir-Lancealot/EoFF%20Plays%20Pokemon/PokemonliveintallGrass.png

The grass doesn't look that long.

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/Sir-Lancealot/EoFF%20Plays%20Pokemon/PokemonYellow_01-2.png

Oh.

So anyway. Mr Shouting decides I need a Pokemon, and takes me to his Lab while whistling a nice marching tune. There he tells me to take the Poke-ball sitting on his desk. Unfortunately, his Grandson, who's also there, snatches it.

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/Sir-Lancealot/EoFF%20Plays%20Pokemon/MoNercyisajerk.png

:(

Thankfully, Oak caught that Pikachu that attacked us earlier, and gave that to me instead.

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/Sir-Lancealot/EoFF%20Plays%20Pokemon/IgotsaPikachu.png

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/Sir-Lancealot/EoFF%20Plays%20Pokemon/Jiro.png

My first Pokemon. I ended up calling him Jiro.No reason, just like the name.

MoNercy decided to challenge me to Pokemon battle to see who had the better Pokemon. Turns out I did.

YouTube - Battle against MoNercy - Oaks Lab (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsovLR2LG2s)

leader of mortals
02-17-2010, 11:52 AM
Here are my comments

1. He's sad :(
2. Only the true pros know about this
3. I named mankey the only thing that is logical :colbert:
4. Why does Mankey look like a tentacle monster?
5. :3

Sir Lancealot
02-17-2010, 11:57 AM
4. Why does Mankey look like a tentacle monster?

XD.

Jiro
02-17-2010, 12:28 PM
So I'm both a Charmander and a Pikachu hey? Yeah bitches, watch out for my FIRE FULL OF ELECTRICITY. That's how goddamn badass I am.

But how did this get to three pages before I noticed it?!?! :(

Sir Lancealot
02-17-2010, 12:45 PM
Because you're using 50 posts a page?

The Shoeless Hobo
02-17-2010, 01:02 PM
Just recieved my first badge. Playing at 5x speed. ^^

qwertysaur
02-17-2010, 03:07 PM
No screenshots right now, but I backtracked to grab the town map because I felt like it and caught Roadrian the Weedle. He has since evolved to Beedrill, and now I'm looking for a Clefairy because they are awesome. :vivi:

Anybody that has trouble with Brock, grind in the Viridian forest, Metapod and Kakuna give very nice exp and they can't hurt you, so if you throttle a bit it goes by very quickly. It got Roadrian from level 3 to 10 in about 15 minutes. :p

Also that is one hidden potion I know about lom, can you find the hidden one in Viridian Forest though? :bigsmile:

Edit: Also everyone needs to remember that there is a very big mistake in the code from all generation 1 games. The psychic type is IMMUNE to Ghost type attacks instead of weak to them. Nobody is even near Sabrina yet but forgetting this will likely cause you a lot of pain when battling them, especially since Gastly is part poison so it has a weakness to Psychic as well. :p

Momiji
02-17-2010, 04:04 PM
That's why there's a challenge to not use any Psychic type Pokémon!

Goldenboko
02-17-2010, 04:20 PM
Quin is currently destroying hordes of pidgey on throttle (I've given up on caring if the game's music sounds write turns out its just my crappy computer xD). I'm going to go for catch all for your version, but leave "Capture 151" as that would be such a pain to emulate or cheat xD

EDIT: Other than that I'll go for things like "Complete the game without using any Psychic-type Pokemon", maybe "Complete the game without using healing/recovery items. No Potions, Ethers, Status Recovery items, or Revives.", and probably things like "Beat the Elite Four with only 1 Pokemon in your party (does not have to be the first time)" and "Get your entire party to lv. 100 (NO RARE CANDY GLITCH)" with proper throttling.

Quindiana Jones
02-17-2010, 04:29 PM
So I'm both a Charmander and a Pikachu hey? Yeah bitches, watch out for my FIRE FULL OF ELECTRICITY. That's how goddamn badass I am.

But how did this get to three pages before I noticed it?!?! :(

Oh, I have a suprise for you....:D

Momiji
02-17-2010, 04:50 PM
For the record, here's what I'm going for.

NOTE: I forgot to add the 'get one Pokémon to lv. 100' Poké Ball Challenge to this thread; so I added it in. It was in the Event Committee thread, I must have accidentally skipped over it. Sorry!

Poké Ball Challenges
Capture Kangaskhan, Chansey, Dratini, Tauros and Scyther/Pinsir from the Safari Zone
Beat the Elite Four using unevolved Pokemon (this also includes Pokemon that never evolve)
Construct a party that can use a move of every type in the game
Get one Pokemon to lv. 100 (NO RARE CANDY GLITCH)
Pokerap Team. Assemble a team of 6 Pokemon in sequence from the Pokerap, and beat the Elite Four with it.

Master Ball Challenges
Beat the Elite Four with only 1 Pokemon in your party (does not have to be the first time)

Special Challenges
Find and capture Missingno.
Beat the Elite Four with only Missingno.
Find 'Glitch City'

PuPu
02-17-2010, 05:00 PM
Let's see:

I've just beaten Lt. Surge. Boy was that Raichu of his hard with its Mega Punch and Mega Kick. It's also fast, like all Electric types are.

I've gotten Mr. Mime, though I'm not using him due to "No Psychics". And I've gotten all the RBY starters.

I plan on using Pikachu through the entire game as well, and not evolve him into Raichu.

Momiji
02-17-2010, 05:02 PM
If you're playing Yellow version, you can't evolve Pikachu, anyway. It won't let you.

qwertysaur
02-17-2010, 05:05 PM
The Safari zone challenge is missing Tauros! :p

Momiji
02-17-2010, 05:06 PM
No one cares about Tauros! Fiiiiiine I'll add it

qwertysaur
02-17-2010, 05:16 PM
Also if you are playing Yellow it is possible to get Machamp even if you don't have the patience to do what I am and have an emulator that lets me trade. There is a trainer that will trade you his Machoke for a Cubone. :p

Quindiana Jones
02-17-2010, 05:25 PM
Oh balls. Pikachu just forgot Thundershock for Quick Attack. Stupid arrow keys. Now my electric Pokémon has NO ELECTRICITY. :(

Sephiroth
02-17-2010, 05:32 PM
I've just beaten Lt. Surge. Boy was that Raichu of his hard with its Mega Punch and Mega Kick.

You can beat the whole gym with just a Dugtrio.

leader of mortals
02-17-2010, 05:38 PM
More comments

1. Super :3
2. He's sleeping :3
3. I win :p
4. I don't like Mt. Moon too much...
5. A pokemon that is adored for its cuteness and playfulness? Only 1 name makes sense! By the way, I will Evolve her at 18, after Doubleslap.

Sephiroth
02-17-2010, 05:51 PM

How do you beat Gengar and Haunter with Tackle/Struggle?

PuPu
02-17-2010, 05:53 PM

Used a level 20 Diglett at full health, got OHKO'd by Mega Punch.

Sephiroth
02-17-2010, 05:55 PM

Used a level 20 Diglett at full health, got OHKO'd by Mega Punch.

Diglett is too weak. Dugtrio is extremely fast, level 28-31 and has its Dig attack (I think it is called "Dig", I do not know the english name of the move).

leader of mortals
02-17-2010, 06:25 PM
1. He's Waving! :3
2. :bounce: :3
3. He knows Mega Punch! :3
4. Only True Pros know about this.
5. Slash beats Spike Cannon, Kabutops beats Omastar

I'm doing the pictures as I go, and I'm posting the pictures every time I have 5, so the last picture will always be where I am, unless I say otherwise.

And I did get the Ether that only Pros know about.

Goldenboko
02-17-2010, 06:33 PM
How do you get picture proof of something like this?

"Complete the game without using healing/recovery items. No Potions, Ethers, Status Recovery items, or Revives." lol?

EDIT: Also does the Mew glitch work in Yellow?

Momiji
02-17-2010, 06:49 PM

Ask qwerty, it was his idea. :p

How do you get picture proof of something like this?

"Complete the game without using healing/recovery items. No Potions, Ethers, Status Recovery items, or Revives." lol?

EDIT: Also does the Mew glitch work in Yellow?

I guess you can't. Honor system, I suppose.

As for the Mew glitch, I have no idea. Google it.

leader of mortals
02-17-2010, 06:49 PM
1. There's a Great Ball here, which only pros know about
2. Rye learned to slap boys that flirt with her!
3. And now I can Evolve her. Here are her stats before...
4. Ryefable?
5. And here are her stats now

Edit: And the Mew Glitch can be done in Yellow, I did it when I owned the actual game a long time ago

leader of mortals
02-17-2010, 07:06 PM
Sorry for the double post guys, but I made too many screenshots, and I just want them gone. Damn that 5 file upload limit! :p

1. Only pros know about this Rare Candy
2. Cerulean Gym, eh? Whatever will I do? :roll2
3. Wait, Starmie killed Pikachu! NOOOO!
4. :colbert: avenged poor Pikachu
5. Beat him easily. Gary sucks in Yellow. I even forgot to revive Pikachu.

Momiji
02-17-2010, 07:12 PM
lom: use Photobucket or something. It's faster anyway :P

Also I must be a pro, I knew about all those items :D

qwertysaur
02-17-2010, 07:24 PM

struggle is typeless so it can hit Ghosts.

Sephiroth
02-17-2010, 07:34 PM
struggle is typeless so it can hit Ghosts.

Struggle is nothing but a joke. Not to mention you get damage from it as well. And even a Level 100 Magikarp wouldn't survive the Elite Four. No matter how many Maximum Recovery, X Attack, X Defense, et cetera you have. It would be no wonder if you can't even use X Attack because you have to heal Magikarp after every single turn.

I know it is just a joke, but I don't believe a Magikarp only run really works. You would have to reset your save game every time the opponent's pokémon uses an attack which ruins your plan of increasing your strength and defense.

So do you mean 1 Magikarp and no other pokémon, not even in your team so you have an extra turn to heal your Magikarp or only Magikarps so you can use 6 of them?

Momiji
02-17-2010, 07:37 PM
You better not. Savestates are cheating :p

Quindiana Jones
02-17-2010, 07:58 PM
Anyway. Time for a long update. I keep forgetting to screenshot my new Pokémon when I get them, so I'll just bunch them up at the end of this.

Anywho, I carry along through the Viridian Forest. Catch a Caterpie (see end), pwn some newbs and take some nam- oh wait, they don't have names. :(

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/5421/4uqwerty.png
Oh, and I picked this up for you, qwerty. ;)

Then I head into Pewter City and drop in at the Pokémon Centre. Heal up, chaps! We've got a Gym to dominate.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2258/thebuttsex.png
Also, this is where the surprise buttsecks Bokochu was worried about happens. :mwahaha:

Satisfied, I head to the Gym. Brock starts on all his smack talk, but we eventually get down to business.

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/996/brockcanbringit.png
Yeah, you can bring it too, Brock. A plague on people whose names begin with Br. I'm an Ar fan (Halo reference? Anyone?).

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/9079/lolnoob.png
Five and a half double-kicks later, and this happens. What a rookie. :smug:

Now I head on my merry way to explore dark places. At this point, I wish I'd taken screenshots of the Lass who accuses me of touching her. Oh well. Anyway, I carry onto the nearby Centre, and meet this dude:

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/2282/curiousf.png
HELL YEAH I'M INTERESTED.

The nice man sells me a super cool Pokémon for super cheap. It's like...a cool pirahna thing or something.

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/305/swell.png
Isn't he swell?!

So, I head into the wild to train him up a little and test him out! A Nidoran appears.

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/6219/ohko.png
OHKO, right? HE'S GOING FOR IT!

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/9308/ohballs.png
Oh, bugger. He went for it...

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/9392/poorpsy.png
Oh, Psy. One day you'll be big and strong!

After this catastrophe, I decide to just head to the cave and end my adventure for the day. Has Boko warmed to me at all? Personally, I'm not too sure.

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/6994/happyjump1.png
First he rapes me in the face...

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/8369/happyjump2.png
...then pulls this crap and acts like nothing just happened. I sigh, wipe my mouth and save the game.

Oh, here are the new additions to my Pokédex.

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/3417/jearow.png
Surprise Jiro! Another Pokémon named after you!

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/1003/25092755.png
This one is, perhaps, an obvious one. But whatever. He's cool.

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/4050/metapuppet.png
Unforunately, ButterPoncho wouldn't fit in, but MetaPuppet does the job! Thanks go to Rantz. ;)

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/9489/dd55.png
And finally. The rock that's in love with the frog. Welcome Demondude. :D

leader of mortals
02-17-2010, 07:59 PM
lom: use Photobucket or something. It's faster anyway :P

Also I must be a pro, I knew about all those items :D

It's actuallly faster to do it this way, but I guess I could do photobucket. I didn't at first because I didn't want 100 useless images on my photobucket. I guess I'll just suffer through it:p

Momiji
02-17-2010, 08:05 PM
well, it would end that whole doubleposting problem >_>

demondude
02-17-2010, 11:21 PM
I'm a Geodude and some creepy insect that I forgot the name of. Sweet! :D

Sephiroth
02-17-2010, 11:37 PM
You mean Paras which is not that bad because of its sleeping move. Of course its stun spore is good as well.

demondude
02-17-2010, 11:41 PM
I see now. My sleeping moves have killed many people, though my psychiatrists insist it's what I do before - BS if you ask me.

Quindiana Jones
02-17-2010, 11:41 PM
I work with a guy named Paras.

Not even kidding.

leader of mortals
02-18-2010, 12:00 AM
I work with a guy named Paras.

Not even kidding.

If I get a Paras, I'm naming it Guy, so I can be all

"Well I work with a Paras named Guy"

Goldenboko
02-18-2010, 12:53 AM
1000x speed is awesome. Awesome.

Quindiana Jones
02-18-2010, 12:59 AM
I've had mine up to 4000x. If I get it over 9000x, I'll die. http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/6207/coolup.gif

leader of mortals
02-18-2010, 01:12 AM
Oh my god, this is bull:bou::bou::bou::bou:

I just edited my last post with all my pictures, and it didn't show up. Fuck it, I'll just tell you all what happened.

I now have a charmeleon named Psychotic, a Paras named Guy, I got an abra, but didn't use him, and boxed him immediately, I got a squirtle named Del Murder, a Bulbasaur named Jiro, and a Dugtrio named Levian. My mankey Evolved and Pikachu made awesome faces and now knows thunderbolt. I am right outside the Rock Tunnel.

Sir Lancealot
02-18-2010, 02:16 AM
I left Pallet Town, going north into the wider world.

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/Sir-Lancealot/EoFF%20Plays%20Pokemon/ItsGreen.png

Turns out it really is greener on the other side.

I take a few steps into the grass, looking around, when suddenly a strong looking Pidgey swoops down, and tries to eat my Pikachu.

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/Sir-Lancealot/EoFF%20Plays%20Pokemon/FirstwildPokemon.png

Half an hour later, we made it to
http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/Sir-Lancealot/EoFF%20Plays%20Pokemon/ViridianCity.png

After healing Jiro, I had a look around. One of the buildings was some sort of school.

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/Sir-Lancealot/EoFF%20Plays%20Pokemon/LazyBuggers.png

If no one else was here I'd change it so that that it says 'Use AWAKENING to wake those lazy buggers up'.

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/Sir-Lancealot/EoFF%20Plays%20Pokemon/PotionTree.png

Exiting, I see a potion in a near bye tree. Don't know what it's doing there, but why question a free item.

Further north, some old guy was blocking the way. His granddaughter said he need some coffee, but he smelled drunk.

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/Sir-Lancealot/EoFF%20Plays%20Pokemon/Doesntsmelllikecoffee.png

Going back south, I went to buy some Pokeballs, but the storekeeper gave me a parcel to take to Oak, and wouldn't sell me anything.

After giving Oak the Parcel, I got a PokeDex, and was told I had to fill it up. His granddaughter gave me a town map

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/Sir-Lancealot/EoFF%20Plays%20Pokemon/Thisisntatownmap.png

that looks more like a world map.

PuPu
02-18-2010, 03:02 AM
http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad96/jokename/mew.jpg

Of course I caught it, but I'm not going to use it. Currently have 4 badges.

Momiji
02-18-2010, 03:30 AM
Haven't had a chance to play today. Sucks.

But yeah, I'm gonna go for the Mew glitch as soon as possible so I can raise and use it ;D

Sir Lancealot
02-18-2010, 03:36 AM
How do you do it in Yellow version?

leader of mortals
02-18-2010, 03:40 AM
How do you do it in Yellow version?

Same as other versions, I think.

PuPu
02-18-2010, 03:52 AM
Yeah. Go up to trainer, open menu, Fly to Cerulean City, (!), beat guy with Slowpoke, you know.

OMFG FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 10 YEARS

edit:lol @ "minimize"
edit2: Chansey was caught too
http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad96/jokename/tauros.jpg

Momiji
02-18-2010, 04:21 AM
I just caught a Clefairy. Who should I name it after? Hurry.

PuPu
02-18-2010, 04:27 AM
Jessweeee

edit:

WHAT NOW

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad96/jokename/kanga.jpg

Goldenboko
02-18-2010, 04:27 AM
Making good progress despite 6 hours of physics packets today, too lazy to post pics though, I have a few. Also have lost the will to continually rename to members, besides no one is worthy to get my Charmander's name :colbert:

Momiji
02-18-2010, 04:30 AM
Done and done.

Goldenboko
02-18-2010, 04:36 AM
Baloki is now a Raticate, now I never have to look at his ass again.

Momiji
02-18-2010, 05:15 AM
So I haven't had much time to play today. It's cool I guess, it's not like this EoFF Plays has a time limit. *shrug*

So we left off last time at Mt. Moon! Pretty straightforward, just flew on through~

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_01-2.png
Who's that Pokémon?
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_02-2.png
It's Jessweeee♪! I forgot to get a nickname shot, but I will say it's very, very wrong due to a 5-kana limitation. :|

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_03-2.png
I think this is the Helix Fossil. Kabuto's overrated.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_04-2.png
Caught me an Abra outside of Cerulean City. Didn't bother giving it a nickname, as I really have no intention of using it in battle or raising it. It does have one special function though....

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_05-2.png
'sup.
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_06-1.png
Mew Glitch challenge complete. Missed the nickname screenshot again, but I named it Momiji. Had to get a shameless self-insert in somewhere. *shrug*

That's it for tonight. Current lineup:
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_07-1.png
Peegee /Pikachu Lv.22 -- Thundershock, Growl, Thunder Wave, Quick Attack

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_08-1.png
Hazuki /Ivysaur Lv.23 -- Tackle, Poisonpowder, Leech Seed, Vine Whip

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_09-1.png
Paul /Jigglypuff Lv.5 -- Sing
I might make use of you sometime. Maybe.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_10-1.png
Jessweeee /Clefairy Lv.8 -- Pound, Growl

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_11-1.png
Abra Lv.10 -- Teleport

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_12-1.png
Momiji /Mew Lv.7 -- Pound

That's it for tonight.

The Shoeless Hobo
02-18-2010, 11:22 AM
Just caught Mew. And also, someone game me their Squirtle.

Rantz
02-18-2010, 12:43 PM
Shiny evolved, and leaned Harden. :p
Yeah, she does that :erm:

Rantzien leaned bubble!
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/729269/Images/rantz.gif

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/9489/dd55.png
And finally. The rock that's in love with the frog. Welcome Demondude. :D
xD

Goldenboko
02-18-2010, 03:23 PM
Won't be able to play the next few days after today, be out of town, oh well!

leader of mortals
02-18-2010, 03:52 PM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/729269/Images/rantz.gif

Oooooo :mymelslap:

Quindiana Jones
02-18-2010, 05:45 PM
So, I enter Mt. Moon, and on my way through I meet capture this little thing.

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/7012/clefairye.png
ClefaiRye knows Pound. HEY-O!

On my way out, some I grab a Dome and some noobs challenge me to a battle. I beat them, but it's a close call.

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/7273/pgsabrat.png
PeeGee is a brat. He was so insulted that he evolved in his fury shortly after this.

I make it safely into Cerulean City and as I head to get me some crispy golden Nuggets, Briene returns.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8899/samasochist.png
Read "to have his ass handed to him again".

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/7072/smybitch.png
See? Boy can't even defeat a walnut. :smug:

After the bridge, some emo dude hands over his Pokémon. If only all Pokémon were this easy.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/461/charshlup.png
Two jokes. 1: This Pokémon was easy. Get it? Like Shlup. Easy. 2: It was either ChAmanda or ChaRetard. They mean the same, but I figure I'll go for the more obvious one. ;)

Although, it turns out ChAmanda isn't such ChaRetard (I am on fire today!), as she helps me get hold of this dude.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5636/preemptivenaming.png
Yeah, it's a pre-emptive name for when he evolves.

Before heading to see Bill, I decide to pop into the local Gym to check me some fine bootay.

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/6583/brockdisagrees.png
I'm not gonna argue, but Brock's never really thought so. OOOH, BURN.

Pikachu does the majority of the work, but eventually drowns. I decide to play it badass and see if a quick wit and ultimate put-down skills can win it for me.

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/8900/withacharmelion.png
Yup. And she didn't even touch the sides.

After this, my PokéPenis grows to such a size that people start throwing their beloved Pokémon at me. Unfortunately, I end up with PokéAIDS when some bitch gives me an injured Pokémon.

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/2026/qwertygetsadifferentpok.png
Looks fine to me. Damn fine. :jokey:

I decide to call it a day and nap before finally checking Bills Pokédex. Bokochu is still face raping me whenever I look at him. :(

demondude
02-18-2010, 05:48 PM
A pimply ballsack maybe, but not a walnut.

Quindiana Jones
02-18-2010, 05:56 PM
You'd prefer to be called a pimply ballsack?

demondude
02-18-2010, 06:03 PM
As long as I am Geodude, that is preferable.

Quindiana Jones
02-18-2010, 06:07 PM
PM and Administrator, and they'll happily change it for you. ;)

demondude
02-18-2010, 06:08 PM
If only ... :(

PuPu
02-18-2010, 07:35 PM
http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad96/jokename/scyther.jpg

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad96/jokename/dratini.jpg

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad96/jokename/pinsir.jpg

And that's the challenge of catching all the super hard to catch Pokemon in the Safari Zone done. Zapdos was caught too, though that's not that interesting.

Momiji
02-18-2010, 08:23 PM
Played a bit more in between classes today.

On to Kasumi Misty's Gym!

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_01-3.png
Jr. Trainer♀ = Girlscout! That's so much simpler, you know.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_02-3.png
*yawn* This is too easy.
Let's have some fun.
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_03-3.png
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_04-3.png
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_05-3.png
Bubblebeam ain't so useful to you anymore now, is it? Ahahaha.
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_07-2.png
:smug:

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_08-2.png
I win~

After the battle, I decided to catch another Pokémon of interest.
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_09-2.png
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_10-2.png
Meet smitkit.

Oh, look, the daycare center!
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_11-2.png
Who will I ditch here for the rest of the game, and come back to much much later?
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_12-2.png
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_13-1.png
Sorry Jessweeee♪.

Just outside of Vermilion City:
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_14-1.png
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_15.png
No name needed.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_16.png
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_18.png
ShlupQuack.
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_19.png
Nah, just kidding. You can't rename traded Pokémon. Lame.

Oh yeah, another thing of notice:
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_20.png
It seems that all of the cities change to the colors in their name when you play in color.
Vermilion City is vermilion. Cerulean City is cerulean.

SwordFighter_Dago
02-18-2010, 09:10 PM
This thread really came at the right time. I was recently thinking about playing a Pokémon game again. Hopefully I'll finish this one.

Well then, I'll play with Red, since it's my favourite, and I'm still deciding about wether to get a Squirtle or a Charmander as my starter. BTW, does anyone know a good rival name?

Quindiana Jones
02-18-2010, 09:25 PM
Quin. Quin is a good rival name.

Also, Charmander ftw.

leader of mortals
02-18-2010, 09:40 PM
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll297/enderof1337/OnlyTruePros.png
Only True Pros know about this

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll297/enderof1337/Onlytrueprospt2.png
And this

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll297/enderof1337/Onlytrueprospt3.png
and this

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll297/enderof1337/Onlytrueprospt3.png
Unfortunately, I don't think any girls in here are underage...

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll297/enderof1337/Charizard.png
Hehehehehe

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll297/enderof1337/OnlyTrueProspt4.png
Only true pros...

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll297/enderof1337/Mew.png
Hehehehehe

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll297/enderof1337/RivalAgain.png
Still too damn easy...

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll297/enderof1337/SorryRye.png
Sorry Rye, but Lapras can learn Surf, and you can't

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll297/enderof1337/SabrinaWin.png
Pwnts

So now I have 6 badges(I forgot to get a pic of Koga), and I will soon get Articuno. Boy, I sure do hate Seafoam...

SwordFighter_Dago
02-18-2010, 11:20 PM
Sorry Quin, I already begun playing before you replied. :(

Alright, so I defaulted my rival's name to Blue, and decided to take a Squirtle for two reasons: 1) The beginning of the game is a tad easier with less training, and 2) Charizard is a dual Fire/Flying type, which means more weaknesses. Blastoise on the other hand is pure water. Plus, it's got very high defense.

I've already beaten Brock (forgot to take a snapshot, though) and am on my way to Cerulean City. Oh, and my Squirtle has evolved!

Goldenboko
02-19-2010, 12:02 AM
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll297/enderof1337/Mew.png
Hehehehehe

I approve :thumb:

Aerith's Knight
02-19-2010, 01:02 AM
Started playing. Not for the trophies, but you guys reminded me how much I liked the first series.

Play yellow, just got my second badge and I have my standard team:

Pikachu (or Squirtle in blue/red)
Nodrino (male rabbit thingie with horn)
Pidgey
Butterfree (raised from caterpie)
Ratata (with water gun)

Gets you through everything and available from the beginning in any of the three versions.

PuPu
02-19-2010, 01:50 AM
It's all over

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad96/jokename/champ.jpg

56 hours in 2 days? lolnolife

The Pokemon team that I used was:
(Actually this is an inaccurate list since I think they all gained a level during the battles)

Dugtrio
Level: 44

Scratch
Slash
Dig
Sand Attack

Nidoqueen
Level: 45

Earthquake
Strength
Reflect
Double Kick

Lapras
Level: 45

Confuse Ray
Body Slam
Surf
Ice Beam

Fearow
Level: 46

Drill Peck
Mirror Move
Fly
Fury Attack

Charizard
Level: 46

Fire Blast
Slash
Flamethrower
Rage

Pikachu
Level: 51

Thunderbolt
Light Screen
Thunder
Slam

(Reflect, Earthquake, and Fire Blast from those movesets were taught with TMs)

leader of mortals
02-19-2010, 02:03 AM
Well, I only have 5 pictures, so I can just upload them, I guess.

1. Only true pros know about this:p
2. Got him with an Ultra Ball
3. Gonna replace Guy, because Cut isn't needed anymore
4. I win!
5. Lol, I may have abused throttle just a little.

So the challenges I won are...

Pokeball

Masterball
None yet :(

Special

I'll keep playing for other challenges

Edit: Oh right, my current team...

Lapras lvl 54
Confuse Ray
Body Slam
Surf
Ice Beam

Dugtrio lvl 46 (lol, 1 level away from earthquake)
Slash
Growl
Dig
Sand-Attack

Pikachu lvl 50
Thunderbolt
Thunder
Double Team
Mega Punch

Charizard lvl 51
Slash
Strength
Flamethrower
Fly

Primape lvl 49
Strength
Body Slam
Screech
Thrash

Aerodactyl lvl 30
Wing Attack
Agility

Lapras was probably used most. I used him when Pikachu died in the first battle, I used him for Bruno, I used him when Dugtrio died against Agatha, I used him for Lance, and I used him for the final battle.

I used Levian pretty much only for Agatha.

I used Quina for the first battle, of course. I used him to kill Gyarados as well.

I used Charizard for any time when I needed someone to finish off a pokemon and the pokemon out fainted, like Dragonite

I used Primape really just for healing. I didn't find any spot where he was useful, but he soaked damage for a few good rounds.

I used Aerodactyl for the same reason as Primape, and for some reason, he did much, much better.

Tavrobel
02-19-2010, 02:06 AM

More like, not possible.

PuPu
02-19-2010, 02:19 AM
Oh wait I think I understand now.

It must have been that "speed everything up" feature of VBA that caused the game to think that I played that long.

Huh, I didn't think I used it that much.

leader of mortals
02-19-2010, 02:25 AM
When it increases to about 60 times faster than normal, it doesn't take much for a huge difference.

Also, my current plan is to get many different pokemon and evolve them so I can get an Exp share, then I will be doing the same even faster. To train, I plan on spending all of my money, getting out just my Pikachu and whoever I want to train, and do the first battle of the Elite Four over and over again, if I can.

Aerith's Knight
02-19-2010, 02:35 AM

More like, not possible.

Maybe he lives on a different planet.

Momiji
02-19-2010, 02:36 AM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/attachments/general-gaming-discussion/31150d1266544454-eoff-plays-pokemon-first-generation-aerodactyl.png

hell yeah i'm a motherfucking aerodactyl

leader of mortals
02-19-2010, 02:44 AM
Ok, my Pikachu wasn't quite strong enough to do that strategy I said before, so I've been training my Pikachu. Since my last post about 20 minutes ago, I've played for 8 hours and I have leveled Pikachu to level 66.

PuPu
02-19-2010, 02:54 AM
http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad96/jokename/mewtwo.jpg

The yellow circle underneath "exit" is supposed to be where Mewtwo is. I didn't know any other way I could prove this.

Anyways, here's all the challenges I've done: (also, first)

Poke ball Challenges:

Complete the game

Master ball Challenges:

Special Challenges:

pretty chill

leader of mortals
02-19-2010, 03:04 AM
Just to let you all know where I'm at, from my last post Pikachu grew to 83, I added 6 hours to my game clock, and I taught Pikachu Submission, so he could go farther in the Elite Four alone.

Edit: Now Pikachu is level 88, and I am fighting my rival. I'll tell you how it goes :D

Edit2: Sandslash killed me in one hit, I think with Earthquake...

Edit3: Pikachu is now level 100, and I have uploaded the picture.

Edit4: I beat the Elite four with a Level 100 Pikachu and what started as a level 25 Rhyhorn(exp Share), and I didn't even use Rhyhorn, so I am now trying again to beat the Elite Four with only Pikachu.

Edit5: I won! I beat the Elite four with only Pikachu, who is unevolved, but has a possible evolution. Actually, does it still count to use Pikachu, because he can't evolve in Yellow.

Edit6: I guess I could give some actual proof. In this game, the only way to get that much xp from exp share is to be alone, so there, now you know I'm not lying :D

Tavrobel
02-19-2010, 04:58 AM
So, the Great Mighty Poo has joined in on the fray. I would have kind of hoped that you all could be as awesome as me, but alas, it is untrue. Let us begin. Also, instead of using Imageshack, I used OMGMG. I am so awesome. I know.

So, the Great Mighty Poo decided to defeat his rival in grand slam fashion, owing naught but grand thanks to his mighty Charmander.

http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn_02.png

Catching Pikachu.

http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn_03.png

Defeating my rival for the second time.

http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn_04.png

About to challenge Brock.

http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn_05.png

lol rival

http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn_09.png

Mew!
http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn_10.png
http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn_11.png

Goldenboko
02-19-2010, 05:05 AM
Oh wait I think I understand now.

It must have been that "speed everything up" feature of VBA that caused the game to think that I played that long.

Huh, I didn't think I used it that much.

Yeah according to my game I've been playing for much longer than I have, seeing as every second = 10 seconds.

With that said, this vacation has sucked so I've only just beat Misty. Stupid life getting in the way of Pokemon :jess:

leader of mortals
02-19-2010, 05:13 AM
By the way everyone...

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll297/enderof1337/Lolthrottlept2.png

Lol, Win.

Edit: I got Mewtwo without a Master Ball, and got both Snorlax, and the legendary birds.

my currently won challenges are...

Poke Ball
Beat the Elite Four using unevolved Pokemon (this also includes Pokémon that never evolve)
Get one Pokémon to lv. 100 (NO RARE CANDY GLITCH)

Master Ball
Beat the Elite Four with only unevolved Pokemon (Only this time, you can't use Pokémon that don't evolve either!)?

Special Challenges

Sir Lancealot
02-19-2010, 07:08 AM
I decide that Jiro needed a friend. Search around, I found this fine specimen of a Pidgey.

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/Sir-Lancealot/EoFF%20Plays%20Pokemon/PityaforgottogetPokeballs.png

Of course, I'd forgotten to buy some Pokeballs.

I eventually found another one. While not as impressive, under my leadership, it shall become impressive.

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/Sir-Lancealot/EoFF%20Plays%20Pokemon/Pidgey.png

After teaching Gobo to blow sand into Pokemon's eyes,

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/Sir-Lancealot/EoFF%20Plays%20Pokemon/SandAttack.png

I left for

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/Sir-Lancealot/EoFF%20Plays%20Pokemon/Route22.png

to see what I could find. Or what could find me. Rustling around, a monkey stole my hat. It was promptly paralyzed by Jiro, after Gobo blew the hat away.

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/Sir-Lancealot/EoFF%20Plays%20Pokemon/Monkey.png

asukaevaunit02
02-19-2010, 01:06 PM
Ok, I'm going to give this a try. Its been a few years since I last played some pokemon.

Red Version - My name is RED
http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af240/asukaevaunit02/PokemonRed.png

Party to defeat Brock
http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af240/asukaevaunit02/PokemonRed2.png
Defeated Brock
http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af240/asukaevaunit02/PokemonRed3.png

Party used to defeat Misty
http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af240/asukaevaunit02/PokemonRed4.png

Party to defeat Lt. Surge
http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af240/asukaevaunit02/PokemonRed5.png

Might go for a all grass party...
Thats all for now :)

edit: Reached Celedon City - time for bed
http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af240/asukaevaunit02/PokemonRed6.png

Aerith's Knight
02-19-2010, 05:30 PM
I defeated misty with a lvl 16 butterfree.

Because I'm awesome.

PuPu
02-19-2010, 05:48 PM
For those of you playing Yellow version, I bet that most of you will end up causing Gary's Eevee to evolve in Flareon, and that none of you will end up causing Gary's Eevee to evolve into Vaporeon.

I ended up having to face Jolteon, which I'm sure none of you will have to do, cause I'm even more awesome that you all wish you were :jess:

Momiji
02-19-2010, 05:54 PM
You make it sound as if Gary is actually difficult at any point of the game. >_>

leader of mortals
02-19-2010, 06:19 PM
Gary had Flareon for me, because I forgot to fight Gary early in the game.

PuPu
02-19-2010, 06:24 PM
because I forgot to fight Gary early in the game.

I was referring to that

leader of mortals
02-19-2010, 06:52 PM

I was referring to that

I know

Anyway...

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll297/enderof1337/DratiniCatch.png

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll297/enderof1337/ChanseyCatch.png

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll297/enderof1337/ScytherCatch.png

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll297/enderof1337/TaurosCatch.png

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll297/enderof1337/PinsirCatch.png

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll297/enderof1337/Kangaskhan.png

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll297/enderof1337/TangelaCatch.png

Yup, I won the safari zone challenge too, I even got the rarest fricken pokemon, Tangela. He is only found in area 3 of the safari zone in yellow, and has a 1% chance of showing. After about 25 trips to the safari zone, I finally decided to use Repels to bump the odds in my favor.

Goldenboko
02-19-2010, 06:56 PM

What kind of newb forgets to kick Gary's ass beginning of the game? I make a habit of handing his ass on to him as much as possible. :cool:

PuPu
02-19-2010, 07:26 PM
Huh? I thought Tangela also shows up in the patch of grass under Pallet Town.

Oh well, I caught him in the Safari Zone as well and I could post a pic of him in my box too.

Sephiroth
02-19-2010, 07:37 PM

Indeed. Under Pallet Down it is the only Pokémon you will find in the grass.

SwordFighter_Dago
02-19-2010, 07:38 PM
FINALLY got an Abra. Those buggers keep teleporting away from me. And now I've been able to do this:

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/1855/pokemon4p.png

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/9572/pokemon5.png

Progress goes slow, but steady. My team so far:

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/9725/pokemon7.png

I defeated misty with a lvl 16 butterfree.

Because I'm awesome.

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/4491/pokemon6.png

I defeated Misty with a Lv17 Paras. Am I awesome yet? :cool:

Aerith's Knight
02-19-2010, 07:58 PM
Yours is a level higher. So you're one level less awesome.

Tavrobel
02-19-2010, 08:11 PM
Technically, he's more than one level less awesome, because Paras is part Grass, so it gets a defensive bonus against Water Gun and Bubblebeam. Butterfree has no such protection.

Sephiroth
02-19-2010, 08:16 PM
Technically, he's more than one level less awesome, because Paras is part Grass, so it gets a defensive bonus against Water Gun and Bubblebeam. Butterfree has no such protection.

Plus Paras has (weak) offensive Bug attacks (actually just one at LV 20) and Starmie is a Psychic pokémon. But Butterfree Level 16 itself is stronger than Paras Level 17.

leader of mortals
02-19-2010, 08:22 PM

Indeed. Under Pallet Down it is the only Pokémon you will find in the grass.

I'm talking about Yellow Version

SwordFighter_Dago
02-19-2010, 08:49 PM

Plus Paras has (weak) offensive Bug attacks (actually just one at LV 20) and Starmie is a Psychic pokémon. But Butterfree Level 16 itself is stronger than Paras Level 17.

Actually, Starmie only used Tackle during the entire fight, and my Paras only knows Scratch and Stun Powder. So no elemental advantages/disadvantages here. And Sephiroth is right, a Butterfree is MUCH stronger than a Paras (twice evolved vs basic).

Who was more awesome again? :D

leader of mortals
02-19-2010, 08:54 PM
Actually, according to Bulbapedia, Paras has much more attack and a little more defense than Butterfree, while Butterfree has much more HP, speed, and special.

Sephiroth
02-19-2010, 08:58 PM
Actually, according to Bulbapedia, Paras has much more attack and a little more defense than Butterfree, while Butterfree has much more HP, speed, and special.

With "stronger" nobody is talking about the "Attack" status, but all 6 - HP, attack, defense, special, special defense, speed - together.

leader of mortals
02-19-2010, 09:01 PM
I know, when did I say attack was the only thing to be considered?

Sephiroth
02-19-2010, 09:02 PM
You sentence about "much more attack and a bit more defense" sounds like that. That's why I've replied.

PuPu
02-19-2010, 09:05 PM
Sp. Atk and Sp. Def is just "Special" status in RBY. They didn't split the two until GSC.

leader of mortals
02-19-2010, 09:12 PM
Sp. Atk and Sp. Def is just "Special" status in RBY. They didn't split the two until GSC.

Yep. This balanced psychics pretty well, didn't it?

Momiji
02-19-2010, 09:58 PM
I think the addition of the Dark and Steel types, along with moves of the same nerfed them even more.

Nice
02-19-2010, 10:22 PM
This is so cool.

Tavrobel
02-19-2010, 10:29 PM
I have a glorious update for you all. Right from the very hands of Yume, Pokemon trainer!

Party before Misty.

http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn__02_01.png

Defeating Misty.

http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn__02_02.png

Part before Erika. I forgot to record myself beating Surge, but suffice it to say, Mew cleaned up quite nicely.

http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn__02_03.png

Farfetch'ds with Fly and Cut are great HM slaves. Defeating Erika.

http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn__02_04.png

Challenging the Fighting type, unofficial Gym in Saffron City.

http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn__02_05.png

Ohh, sorry, rival, but your eggs are about to get cooked. And then eaten, after I pour some soy sauce all over them, because salt and eggs are delicious concoction.

http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn__02_06.png

Snorlax number one, on Silence Bridge from Lavender Town to Fuschia City for the first time.

http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn__02_07.png
http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn__02_08.png

Entering the Safari Zone, and obtaining Surf. It was glorious, because now my Gyarados knows a Water attack, the first one I've had since the beginning of the game.

http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn__02_09.png
http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn__02_10.png

Challenging Koga. What a fine party.

http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn__02_11.png

Defeating Koga.

http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn__02_12.png

lol Softboiled. Looks like Mew isn't going to faint anymore.

http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn__02_13.png

Second Snorlax, on the way to Fuschia City from Celadon, using the bike road.

http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn__02_14.png
http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn__02_15.png

Aerith's Knight
02-20-2010, 12:23 AM
My emulator just crashed. I lost an hour of work.

Even though I played more than 10 hours, that hour I lost makes me both want to kill myself and stop playing. I think I'll pick the last one.

leader of mortals
02-20-2010, 02:18 AM

Even though I played more than 10 hours, that hour I lost makes me both want to kill myself and stop playing. I think I'll pick the last one.

Aww dude, I'm sorry to hear that...

Goldenboko
02-20-2010, 02:33 AM

I always save often when using Emulators!

EDIT: Lt. Surge is done, be going through the Tunnel soon enough, be gone for the weekend, start back up Monday!

EDIT2: Mew is caught! Man, if I knew about this back in the day, regardless, my first ever EoFF Plays Challenge completed. Go me. xD btw, thanks for the help Monda ;)

Tavrobel
02-20-2010, 06:00 AM
This is the beginning of part 3. Shortly after obtaining Surf, I decided to be evil, just because I can. I now have everything in my arsenal that is necessary to bring this game from messed up into the land of retarded.

Trading away my male Nidoran for the game's internally traded female one. It was level 3. Max stats? Maybe!

http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn__03_01.png
http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn__03_02.png

I see a flaw in this picture. I hate it when Pokemon skip levels and don't learn moves.

http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn__03_03.png

I make it rain. I make Pokemon evolve on command.

http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn__03_04.png

Abusing MissingNo. And you're about to see why.

http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn__03_05.png
http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn__03_06.png
http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn__03_09.png

Hubris meets Hubris in the Silph HQ battle.

http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn__03_08.png

Before Sabrina.

http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn__03_10.png

Do you see a pattern here?

http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn__03_11.png
http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn__03_12.png
http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn__03_14.png

Catching the glitch.

http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn__03_15.png

Buying Porygon.

http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn__03_16.png
http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn__03_17.png

asukaevaunit02
02-20-2010, 09:04 AM
An update, didn't play too much today:

Party to defeat Erica
http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af240/asukaevaunit02/PokemonRed7.png
http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af240/asukaevaunit02/PokemonRed8.png

Got me 1 Snorelax
http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af240/asukaevaunit02/PokemonRed9.png

Party to defeat Koga
http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af240/asukaevaunit02/PokemonRed10.png

Thats all for now, off to get the marsh badge next

Aerith's Knight
02-20-2010, 11:53 AM

I always save often when using Emulators!

I thought I'd just push through, you know. Get it over with, turns out it wasn't 1 hour, but three. I hate myself. How could I not save after that smurfing dark cave!

edit: pushed through anyway. Finally got further. Got my third badge and now in Rocket town.

Caught 1st Snorlax, and have FLY now. That'll make things easier.

SwordFighter_Dago
02-20-2010, 06:51 PM
Seems like I'm the slowest player here, I just emerged from Rock Tunnel. Anyway, I've obtained my third gym badge:

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9484/pokemon9.png

Yes, I'm using an old-school Gameboy color palette. Much more nostalgic. Oh, and every Pokémon on my team has evolved:

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/9854/pokemon8.png
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/4200/pokemon11.png
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/1230/pokemon12.png

The next gym should be around the corner from here.
My current team:

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/461/pokemon13wn.png

Momiji
02-20-2010, 07:06 PM
Seems like I'm the slowest player here, I just emerged from Rock Tunnel.

Nah. I haven't even got on the S.S. Anne yet. But in my defense, I've been really busy with IRL stuff these past few days. :|

Rye
02-20-2010, 07:14 PM
Surfing Pikachu!

I'm excited to play this. Time to get my copy of Pokemon out. :)

EDIT: And so it begins...

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/ryechuuu/poke1.jpg
http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/ryechuuu/yodaddy.jpg

Quindiana Jones
02-20-2010, 08:29 PM
LEPRCHN. xD

Also, I have yet to meet Bill. http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/6207/coolup.gif

Momiji
02-20-2010, 08:59 PM
All right, played a little bit more.

First of all...
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_01-4.png
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_02-4.png
Later, pal. You did your job well.
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_03-4.png
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_04-4.png
Hello 'Baribari'.

On to the S.S. Anne, with a bit of a twist.
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_05-4.png
The captain is sick. Rubbing his back makes him instantly better. Right.

There's one person I didn't fight on the S.S. Anne. Let's fight her.
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_06-2.png
You may be wondering why I had Mew transform into Rattata and let it get its ass kicked.
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_07-3.png
heh.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_08-3.png
This is why. The ship has not sailed, and I have HM01. I do believe lom would say 'only true pros know about this'. You'll find out why later.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_09-3.png
On to the third gym.
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_10-3.png
Well. That was an easy puzzle. I never left the first row.
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_11-3.png
I still fight everyone anyway.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_12-3.png
Time to fight!
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_13-2.png
'Matis', huh?
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_14-2.png
Rye makes a cameo.
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_15-1.png
A really short one.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_16-1.png
Ohhhh Noooooooo! (Note: Lt. Surge speaks a lot of Engrish in the Japanese version, as he, according to Bulbapedia, is an American who moved to Vermilion City or some weird :bou::bou::bou::bou: like that). Still...
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_17.png
ummmm... 'Full up(?) your rucksack'?
Oh, my bag was full. Thanks for the tip, I guess.
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_18-1.png
I taught Smitkit Water Gun.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_19-1.png
Since Jessweeee♪ is in the daycare and I decided I wasn't going to use Paul, I'm putting the moon stones away as well. Maybe they'll be used again...

Onward!

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_20-1.png
Should I go get HM05 Flash?
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_21.png
Nah. Only newbies need Flash for Rock Tunnel. :smug:

On to Rock Tunnel! But first...
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_22.png
Let's check up on Jessweeee♪.
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_23.png
Not bad.

Eh, actually, I'm done for now. My party:
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_24.png
Momiji /Mew Lv. 33 - Mega Punch, Transform, Metronome, Bubblebeam

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_25.png
Peegee /Pikachu Lv. 23 - Thundershock, Mega Punch, Thunder Wave, Quick Attack

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_26.png
Smitkit /Meowth Lv. 14 - Scratch, Growl, Bite, Water Gun

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_27.png
Hazuki /Ivysaur Lv. 24 - Tackle, Poisonpowder, Leech Seed, Vine Whip

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_28.png
Baribari /Mr. Mime Lv. 10 - Confusion, Barrier

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_29.png
ShlupQuack (unofficial nickname) /Farfetch'd Lv. 15 - Peck, Cut, Leer, Fury Attack

Rye
02-20-2010, 09:08 PM
Wow, Mr. Mime and Farfetch'd! How did you get those so early. I forget if they're in there or not. You're playing yellow, right? I hardly remember. :(

I'm currently trying for ages trying to get Pikachu in Veridian Forest. I've gotten the other 5% chances like caterpie and metapod so many times it's not even funny...

Sephiroth
02-20-2010, 09:09 PM
This is why. The ship has not sailed, and I have HM01. I do believe lom would say 'only true pros know about this'. You'll find out why later.

Easy one. Get HM 01 and then loose a battle. You'll be in the pokémon centre and the ship hasn't left yet because there was no scene of it leaving. Or you get a pokémon with HM 01 cut via trade option (and I don't) so you don't need the ship. So you've lost a battle to see the legendary truck later.

Momiji
02-20-2010, 09:21 PM
Um. I did kind of point that out with the images.

Sephiroth
02-20-2010, 09:22 PM
Of course you have. But you have said "You'll find out later.", so I've just replied to mention the hidden truck thing.

Momiji
02-20-2010, 09:31 PM
Wow, Mr. Mime and Farfetch'd! How did you get those so early. I forget if they're in there or not. You're playing yellow, right? I hardly remember. :(

I'm currently trying for ages trying to get Pikachu in Veridian Forest. I've gotten the other 5% chances like caterpie and metapod so many times it's not even funny...

Japanese Green Version = our Blue version, basically. You can get Farfetch'd by trading a Spearow to a man in Vermilion City, and you can get Mr. Mime by trading an Abra to a person outside of Diglett's Cave (Pewter City side).

Of course you have. But you have said "You'll find out later.", so I've just replied to mention the hidden truck thing.

I was kind of hoping to keep it, I dunno, a surprise to those who didn't know about it. (;´_ヽ`)

Rye
02-20-2010, 09:42 PM
Oooh, I remember that now! I hope I can do that in Red.

Momiji
02-20-2010, 10:30 PM
Yep. Both of them.

Rye
02-20-2010, 10:47 PM
So far, I've got every pokemon line (ie: I didn't catch metapod, but I have a caterpie) that the game offers, no matter how rare! And for once, I actually have them all leveled to about the same level, instead of going nuts on two pokemon and neglecting the rest! :jess:

Aerith's Knight
02-21-2010, 12:20 AM
On to the S.S. Anne, with a bit of a twist.
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/green_05-4.png
The captain is sick. Rubbing his back makes him instantly better. Right.

Maybe it's not his back he was rubbing. :bigsmile:

Tavrobel
02-21-2010, 05:14 AM
A short update. Only played, like 15 minutes.

Catching 2 of the legendary birds Winged Mirages.

http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn__04_01.png
http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn__04_02.png

Before Blaine.

http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn__04_03.png

Before Giovanni.

http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn__04_04.png

OBEY

http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn__04_05.png

C'mon, man, are you really qualified to be the future Pokemon Champion?

http://www.omgmygame.com/content/u12/pkmn__04_06.png

Aerith's Knight
02-21-2010, 02:53 PM
My stats after defeating Silph Co.

Little under-leveled, but I made it fine.

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/4029/74138754.png (http://img521.imageshack.us/i/74138754.png/)

Rebellious Eagle
02-21-2010, 03:30 PM
Oh! I would so play this but sadly I sold my Gameboy Color a few years ago when I got a shiny new DS. D:
I remember hacking Rare Candies with the Missingno trick and then screwing over the Elie 4. Good times.

Tavrobel
02-21-2010, 05:49 PM
sold my Gameboy Color

Quityerbitchin' and get an emulator.

Goldenboko
02-22-2010, 02:22 AM
Just caught me my first snorlax. :) Also, I've yet to use a single item on that list! :) Also 50 out of x amount of pokemon in Yellow.

EDIT: To Momiji attached picture numbah 2

Rye
02-22-2010, 04:32 PM
Just got to Cerulean City since I didn't play last night; my current line up:

WATERSPORT (Wartortle)
BEEDRILL
BUTTERFREE (Kind of redundant since Beedrill is better at the moment - may switch him for a better pokemon soon.)
PIKACHU (My second most powerful pokemon!)
PIDGEY (I think he's about to evolve)
ODDISH

My accomplishment is that they're all pretty evenly leveled in the high teens, instead of me having some super Wartortle and weakling other pokemon. So far, I've not used Wartortle that much, I've been trying to play with status effects more. Between Pikachu's THUNDER WAVE and Pidgey's SAND-ATTACK, most of my battles have been cake.

Momiji
02-22-2010, 05:49 PM
EDIT: To Momiji attached picture numbah 2

:colbert:

Tavrobel
02-22-2010, 10:41 PM
BUTTERFREE (Kind of redundant since Beedrill is better at the moment - may switch him for a better pokemon soon.)

lol, Butterfree, the Pokemon with the "ignore target defense" attacks?

Shiny
02-23-2010, 08:22 AM
I've actually beaten Pokemon Red with my starter Pokemon because I was too lazy to level up any of my other Pokemon. Blastoise pwned ALL. I had all of my old generation games in a container along with my old Zelda games, etc. but my sister decided it would be cool to loose most of them. So chyeah, now I'm gonna have to try to see if I can find my yellow, red, or blue cuz I definitely wanna participate in this.

scrumpleberry
02-23-2010, 10:33 PM

YOU MADE ME A NIDORAN OMG are you psychic words cannot express how much i love that family of pokemon

nidorino is my all time favourite those guys kick so much ass wow qwert you have magic mind powers

Also i'm playing through fire red atm and i'm too lazy to restart on one of the originals. Just let it be known that red > blue.

Goldenboko
02-23-2010, 10:47 PM
Beat Koga and got half of the Safari Pokemon, pics will be up once I get the rest, don't expect it to be today as I have to do work now! :)

~*~Celes~*~
02-23-2010, 11:53 PM
This thread inspired me to download and play Red. :D

Sir Lancealot
02-24-2010, 12:29 AM
Walking around, I met this guy again.

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/Sir-Lancealot/EoFF%20Plays%20Pokemon/Notagain.png

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/Sir-Lancealot/EoFF%20Plays%20Pokemon/Jirofainted.png

I beat him again. Sadly, Jiro fainted.

Little bugger told me to get a badge at Pewter City. The creepy
http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/Sir-Lancealot/EoFF%20Plays%20Pokemon/ViridianForest.png
was in my way.

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/Sir-Lancealot/EoFF%20Plays%20Pokemon/Rye.png

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/Sir-Lancealot/EoFF%20Plays%20Pokemon/Metapod.png
The forest started to bug me.

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/Sir-Lancealot/EoFF%20Plays%20Pokemon/PewterCity.png

Why did the League have to put a Gym in this ugly place?

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/Sir-Lancealot/EoFF%20Plays%20Pokemon/Blindman.png
:colbert: to you to.

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/Sir-Lancealot/EoFF%20Plays%20Pokemon/BadgeWon.png
:D I got a badge.

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/Sir-Lancealot/EoFF%20Plays%20Pokemon/OneBadge.png

Goldenboko
02-24-2010, 02:46 AM
Got my second challenge! All the rare Safari Zone Pokemon!

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy49/ttidle/dratini.png

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy49/ttidle/chancey.png

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy49/ttidle/Tauros.png

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy49/ttidle/tangela.png

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy49/ttidle/scyther.png

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy49/ttidle/pinsir.png

EDIT: http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy49/ttidle/khan.png

PuPu
02-24-2010, 02:48 AM
^
missing Kangaskhan

Momiji
02-24-2010, 02:50 AM
^
beat me to it :p

Goldenboko
02-24-2010, 02:56 AM
Whoops, my picture album is becoming clutter'd *edit*

EDIT: Second Snorlax has been captured.

Goldenboko
03-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Bump, laptop has a virus, I have to reinstall the operating system, lose all my files, etc. So sad. Guess I'll be settling with the two challenges I got. Poor Lappy. :(