PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial game rules

Iceglow
02-17-2010, 12:35 AM
Ok have any of you ever come out with a game rule set not officially played anywhere but what works at being a fun game? I've got 2 sets one of which was worked out by me and my friends at work and one of which is something I just put together tonight (though my one is actually untested so might need tweaking) they're both based on classic playground games and both are for Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 though I suppose both would work in Modern Warfare or even World At War for that matter (though with a ww2 twist)

First game mode:

Tag

What is it? Well aside from the obvious you're playing tag now this works in CoD far better than in Halo (well until reach gets here at least) because of the Sprint function. Essentially the game of playing "Tag" or "it" you've got to tag another person and then they become it and have to tag another and so on.

Rules of the game:

The person who is "it" may only use their knife and flashbangs to catch the others (you can either rule in or rule out the throwing knife on mw2, sometimes it's better to rule out the throwing knife and unlimited sprint optional perk as it makes the game more challenging and yet fair too) The people fleeing may only utilize their flashbangs no one may fire bullets or use grenades of any type other than a flashbang. Killing "it" does not serve any purpose and if "it" kills a person with any other weapons other than a knife or a flashbang they are not counted as tagged. If a flashbang is thrown and tags someone in the head it does count if the thrower was the person currently "it" if any other player (in the process of protecting the other escapees gets a kill this way it doesn't count) once "it" tags someone else he or she must now run from the tagged person.

The loser of the game is the person currently "it" at the end of the game no matter how many times they've been tagged or not.

Second game mode

British Bulldogs

Much like Tag except the one change of the rules is a tagged person doesn't replace the previous "it" they join them in the hunt therefore the "free" party gets smaller and smaller eventually it narrows down to one or two party members running from a mob of angry knife wielding loonies (they cannot use the throwing knife in this mode for good reason no one can dodge around 5 throwing knives in one go) the last person to be caught wins the game.

So have you got some others out there that you've thought of? Care to share? Spread the love of the Tag (lets give bulldogs a try, but be careful I'm not sure if it'd work well) who knows if we spread them far enough maybe like Bungie done with several halo modes the guys at infinity ward will take note and include a playlist for them :)

NorthernChaosGod
02-17-2010, 04:00 AM
So you basically translated infection game types from Halo to CoD?

Skyblade
02-17-2010, 04:38 AM

Grifball! (http://www.grifball.com/home.php)

JKTrix
02-17-2010, 07:06 AM
Cat and Mouse (unofficial PGR game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_and_Mouse_%28unofficial_PGR_game%29)

One of my greatest early online gaming experiences. So much fun. Before Xbox Live was flooded with idiots.

blackmage_nuke
02-17-2010, 08:08 AM
Navigator + Blindfolded Driver racing games are fun

NorthernChaosGod
02-17-2010, 10:58 AM

I love grifball, it's my favorite gametype. :love:

Meat Puppet
02-17-2010, 11:40 AM
In Left 4 Dead, if the enemy team is ridiculously bad, my team may initiate death race rules to spice things up a bit. Basically it’s just run as far as you can without looking back—every survivor for him or herself. You can save people if you really want to, but not if you have to move back to do so (only if the target is within range while looking back, or up ahead). That being said, if someone is particularly close to me in the race and gets pounced, I might take a bit of time off from running to wait until they’re incapped to kill the hunter, teabag them a bit, and then continue my journey.
Obviously the winner is whoever makes it the furthest.

Mo-Nercy
02-17-2010, 01:53 PM
I've seen people play 'no grabs' in Tekken in the arcades before. I think it's stupid.

With my girlfriend, I used to play 'Spoil her jump and kill her' in Little Big Planet by grabbing onto her sackboy as she tries to jump over stuff that would kill her.

Iceglow
02-17-2010, 07:05 PM

Yes and no, considering how ridiculously different the two feel to play and how the knife melee attack is an instant kill if it hits but needs quite a lot of accuracy to hit the games of Tag feel a hell of a lot different from the games of infection on halo.

Skyblade
02-17-2010, 10:45 PM

I love grifball, it's my favorite gametype. :love:

I'm just waiting for Bungie to turn the writing for the Halo single player over to the guys from Rooster Teeth. Halo: Red vs Blue would be a Halo game with a single player campaign that was actually worthwhile.

Quindiana Jones
02-17-2010, 10:49 PM
In Left 4 Dead, if the enemy team is ridiculously bad, my team may initiate death race rules to spice things up a bit. Basically it’s just run as far as you can without looking back—every survivor for him or herself. You can save people if you really want to, but not if you have to move back to do so (only if the target is within range while looking back, or up ahead). That being said, if someone is particularly close to me in the race and gets pounced, I might take a bit of time off from running to wait until they’re incapped to kill the hunter, teabag them a bit, and then continue my journey.
Obviously the winner is whoever makes it the furthest.

This sounds like so much fun. xD