PDA

View Full Version : Oh yippee, I'm sick

leader of mortals
02-17-2010, 11:36 AM
Yesterday, I noticed that I was getting a bunch of zits on my chest, and I thought "Eww! What the hell?", but I still went to school because I thought they were just nasty zits. Well, they have now spread to my shoulders and back, and have become more numerous on my chest. Yippee, my mom says I probably have the measles. Gotta go to the doctor later today, I think.

Topic: When was the last time you were sick, what was it, and what happened?

Jiro
02-17-2010, 11:43 AM
Oh man, the measles! Let me know if your government quarantines your school :jess:

Last time I was sick was just a fairly basic allergy to some dust particles and cat hair, nothing to worry about. Except it made playing Halo slightly harder.

Rye
02-17-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm not sure if I'm sick lately, or just depressed and in a funk. Either way, for the past week or two, I feel the life has been sucked out of me and I have a hard time feeling enthusiastic about anything. Whatever it is, I hope it goes away.

Xaven
02-17-2010, 12:12 PM
I had a small cold in September. :P Yay for H1N1 shot. I didn't get a seasonal flu vaccine, so I'm surpised I haven't gotten influenza yet, living in a dorm.

Measles measles measles measles. *picks up immunization record lying on desk* I had a Measles/Mumps/Rubella vaccine when I was 5, and another just before turning 18. Where've YOU been?

Rye
02-17-2010, 12:29 PM
lom's mom might have gotten that confused with shingles. It's possible to have shingles if you've had chicken pox. My friend got it.

qwertysaur
02-17-2010, 03:21 PM
I have a cold now actually, but it's not too bad :p

Raistlin
02-17-2010, 03:28 PM
As has been previously stated, measles is highly unlikely, unless your mom is one of those anti-vaccination nutjobs. I suppose chicken pox/shingles are a possibility, but from what I've heard you'd be in a lot of discomfort. It could just be an allergic reaction to something.

I don't get sick very often, but my allergies are bad enough to act up occasionally. I also have chronic headaches.

Breine
02-17-2010, 04:09 PM
I had a cold in the beginning or January. My body basically just reacted to all the excessive drinking and partying I'd been doing all throughout December.

leader of mortals
02-17-2010, 04:27 PM
Well, back from the doctor's. She thinks that I have a bacterial reaction, and put me on an antibiotic, but if it gets any worse or doesn't improve after a certain amount of days, then I would need to call and get a new antibiotic or something.

Rodarian
02-17-2010, 06:48 PM
Last year... i was sick as a dog! Thought I was dying :(

Jess
02-17-2010, 08:11 PM
I get migraines, really bad. I feel completely under the weather and sick when I get them, not just a sore head. If I'm at home, I take a couple of co-codamol and knock myself out for a few hours.

Along with my allergy, puffed up face - I now have achey neck and head, and a sore throat. I'll just go to sleep early and hope its gone by morning, if not I'll pop a couple of cold/flu tablets if I have to. My body has a great way of timing these things. No way I'm missing the second day at my new job!

Rye
02-17-2010, 09:03 PM
Well, back from the doctor's. She thinks that I have a bacterial reaction, and put me on an antibiotic, but if it gets any worse or doesn't improve after a certain amount of days, then I would need to call and get a new antibiotic or something.

Are you going through... little girl withdrawal? :shobon:

Seriously though, I hope you feel better. :)

Shlup
02-17-2010, 09:13 PM
Hahahahaha, lom totally has syphilis.

Zeldy
02-17-2010, 11:15 PM
I've had a really bad cold ever since Friday. Started with the sniffles, then constant sneezing and now I'm up to the headaches and really horrible sore throat stage. My voice is going, it isn't nicee!

When I got my nose pierced I jinxed myself by saying "It'll be alright" (when people said a nose piercing at the time of having a cold is really nasty and uncomfortable) "I don't get colds!" but I then had many colds in the space of having my nose pierced!

My nose stud has gone now though, but I still have a cold!

Quindiana Jones
02-17-2010, 11:57 PM
I'm not sure if I'm sick lately, or just depressed and in a funk. Either way, for the past week or two, I feel the life has been sucked out of me and I have a hard time feeling enthusiastic about anything. Whatever it is, I hope it goes away.

You could have an iron deficiency. Fatigue and lack...zoom is a common sign. Anemia represent!

NorthernChaosGod
02-18-2010, 12:04 AM

Lulz.

I haven't had anything other than a cold for years, but the last time I was sick was probably around a month ago or so.

Rye
02-18-2010, 12:24 AM

You could have an iron deficiency. Fatigue and lack...zoom is a common sign. Anemia represent!

Yeah, I've had anemia for a while, but this is like anemia x 2. ;/

Quindiana Jones
02-18-2010, 12:25 AM
Iron pills x2!

Either that or drunktank someone. I hear that's a miracle cure.

Shlup
02-18-2010, 12:27 AM

Yeah, I've had anemia for a while, but this is like anemia x 2. ;/

Welcome to the EoFF staff!

Rye
02-18-2010, 12:32 AM
Oh, that's what it must be. I must have snorted on some Yamaneko germs somewhere. This is why I feel so dour! :shobon:

Madame Adequate
02-18-2010, 12:33 AM
I will give Rye all the suppositories she needs :smug:

Shlup
02-18-2010, 12:36 AM
:onoes:

Rye
02-18-2010, 12:37 AM
My butt ain't maaaaaaaade for that.

Madame Adequate
02-18-2010, 12:38 AM
"But I poop from there!"
"Not right now you don't. :smug:"

Rye
02-18-2010, 12:40 AM
Oh god. EoFF isn't ready for the Wisconsin Twirler. Hush now, leprechaun.

Madame Adequate
02-18-2010, 12:41 AM
:stare:

Shlup
02-18-2010, 12:50 AM
You more than deserved it that time.

Quindiana Jones
02-18-2010, 01:11 AM

:onoes:
My butt ain't maaaaaaaade for that.

"But I poop from there!"

Oh god. EoFF isn't ready for the Wisconsin Twirler. Hush now, leprechaun.

:stare:

You more than deserved it that time.

Sorry for the pyramid. But I had to get all that in one post. It's a work of art. :up:

leader of mortals
02-18-2010, 01:22 AM

Yup, because I am totally always having sex.

Also, it is possible that I could have an alergic reaction to the medicine I am taking for the mild rash, which will probably make me break out into a horrible, horrible rash with itchy, burning hives, thanks to my alergy to penicillin.

Raistlin
02-18-2010, 04:20 AM
Wait, you're allergic to penicillin and your doctor gave you penicillin?

leader of mortals
02-18-2010, 04:32 AM

Keflex. It's like penicillin, and there is a chance for me to have an alergic reation to it like penecillin, but it is rare, and my doctor says she has never seen it before.

Edit: I should learn how to spell "allergic", shouldn't I?

Unbreakable Will
02-18-2010, 03:43 PM
This thread is out of control. MILF and his anal rape. :Oo:

leader of mortals
02-18-2010, 04:00 PM
Well, affter just 1 day of being on the antibiotic, the welts are going away with no sign of an allergic reaction. Hooray!

Madame Adequate
02-18-2010, 04:05 PM
Well, glad you're getting better dude! :D And glad that no allergic catastrophe has taken place too.

Robostar
02-18-2010, 04:06 PM
I had a bad case of chicken pox a few years back. It was terrible. I was 14 yrs old lol and I did receive the stupid vaccine. BTW I'm happy u r doing better yo.

Rebellious Eagle
02-18-2010, 10:15 PM

Keflex. It's like penicillin, and there is a chance for me to have an alergic reation to it like penecillin, but it is rare, and my doctor says she has never seen it before.

Edit: I should learn how to spell "allergic", shouldn't I?

Ohh, I'm allergic to Keflex, also! I had strep throat once and they give it to me. Every day I took it I would have bad insomnia. -_-

The last time I was actually sick was in 8th grade. The week before Christmas, I got a horrible stomach flu and it lasted for a whole freaking week. It was awful.

NorthernChaosGod
02-18-2010, 10:41 PM

"But I poop from there!"
Best. Posts. Ever.

leader of mortals
02-19-2010, 09:26 PM
Before this, the last time I was sick I had Swine Flu. I was dizzy every day, my entire body ached, and I rested all day. My doctor wouldn't let me come in, though, so I just had to wait it out.