PDA

View Full Version : The dancing old couple in Reading

demondude
02-17-2010, 01:48 PM
Not many people know about this, but I think it's really cool. In Reading there is an old couple who dance together in the town center, without a care in the world about how silly they look or how out of place they are. The man sadly has bone cancer, and wants to make the most of his life whilst he can. I've had the fortune of seeing them, but I didn't realise what it was all about at the time!

Are there any similar instances you have ever witnessed? Nice meaning in completely random things like this make me so happy. :D

Rye
02-17-2010, 03:07 PM
Not many people know about this, but I think it's really cool. In Reading there is an old couple who dance together in the town center, without a care in the world about how silly they look or how out of place they are. The man sadly has bone cancer, and wants to make the most of his life whilst he can. I've had the fortune of seeing them, but I didn't realise what it was all about at the time!

Are there any similar instances you have ever witnessed? Nice meaning in completely random things like this make me so happy. :D

I'M IN READING RIGHT NOW WHERE IS THIS OLD COUPLE I WANT TO SAY HI TO THEM OH MY GOD.

I've never seen them! I'm in town centre almost every day! I'm going in an hour, maybe I'll see them! That story is cute!

EDIT: Do you live in Reading? Wanna... meet up? :shobon:

qwertysaur
02-17-2010, 03:09 PM
My Grandma helps out with rescued Pelicans in Clearwater, Florida. She names them all, and kisses them goodbye when they are well enough to fly off to return to the wild. Also she calls them all sweethearts and it's really cute :p

demondude
02-17-2010, 03:16 PM
I live down in Devon. :( I used to be in Oxford so I'd shop in Reading often because it has better shops, and I saw them outside House of Fraser. This is the facebook group. (http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-dancing-old-couple-in-Reading/258989796265)

Hope you find them!

EDIT: Somewhere in the Oracle is the most likely place to find them.

Psychotic
02-17-2010, 04:00 PM
My Grandma helps out with rescued Pelicans in Clearwater, Florida. She names them all, and kisses them goodbye when they are well enough to fly off to return to the wild. Also she calls them all sweethearts and it's really cute :pYour Grandma is the best.