PDA

View Full Version : Dead by Sunrise - the side project of Linkin Park's Chester Bennington

SuperMillionaire
02-17-2010, 03:28 PM
YouTube - Dead By Sunrise - Crawl Back In (video) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PQYwENwIuw)

I've just listened to "Crawl Back In," the debut single of Dead by Sunrise, the side project of Linkin Park's lead singer Chester Bennington. It was released off their debut album Out of Ashes, which is now available in stores. It's a pretty great song off of a pretty good album, which is stylistically different from that of Linkin Park.

Goldenboko
02-17-2010, 04:03 PM
Brother loves the band, I've yet to really listen to it, its probably good though.

Madame Adequate
02-17-2010, 04:34 PM
Rye will be absolutely overjoyed :bigsmile:

Inferno
02-17-2010, 04:49 PM
"This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds. "

:(

SuperMillionaire
02-17-2010, 05:16 PM
What? Why can't you see the video?

Jessweeee♪
02-17-2010, 09:09 PM
Not bad! The lyrics are about the same, but I enjoyed it. Which is nice, because after I had ways of listening to music other than playing the same three LP albums over and over in my little CD player, I didn't quite like them as much.

Inferno
02-17-2010, 09:19 PM
What? Why can't you see the video?
It seems like they blocked Canada !

SuperMillionaire
02-17-2010, 09:19 PM
The subject matter was closer to the first two Linkin Park albums. The style is different though.

And Inferno, after searching for "Crawl Back In" in YouTube, try viewing another video with the same song. I still don't get why they blocked your country from seeing that particular video.

Shiny
02-19-2010, 03:03 AM
All his songs are about dying, or wanting to die, or being sad, or feeling down. He needs Prozac or new gimmick. Fort Minor > Dead by Sunrise

Captain Maxx Power
02-19-2010, 12:36 PM
Sounds like everything else. Boring.

Rye
02-19-2010, 01:01 PM
Rye will be absolutely overjoyed :bigsmile:

:stare:

Shattered Dreamer
02-19-2010, 03:48 PM
Fort Minor > Dead by Sunrise

I quite like Out Of Ashes its a decent enough album & I like most of the songs. My only criticism of it as a record is that its pretty self indulgent ie I'm Chester Bennington & look what I can do. Mike Shinoda's side project Fort Minor was just pure awesome in musical form it shows he is the true song writing force behind Linkin Park when you put Dead By Sunrise & Fort Minor side by side.

PuPu
02-19-2010, 04:28 PM
"HURR I'm Chester Bennington, a thirty year old millionaire trying to sound like an emo teen"

SuperMillionaire
02-20-2010, 05:24 AM
Indeed, it is stylistically different from Linkin Park; Dead by Sunrise and Fort Minor are a split of Linkin Park, with the former embodying the rock/metal elements and the latter embodying the hip-hop element.

And also indeed, Dead by Sunrise is definitely more "emo" than Linkin Park.