PDA

View Full Version : Nail biters express

Rye
02-18-2010, 11:21 PM
Any nail biters? Has anyone ever been able to successfully kick the habit?

I stopped for a month, once! A whole month! But then it came back. I don't do it when I have fake nails on, though, which is a relief.

Quindiana Jones
02-18-2010, 11:24 PM
I stopped for a month when I went to America without the family. That's the only time I can remember not biting my nails.

Rantz
02-18-2010, 11:32 PM
If I've ever been able to stop, it hasn't been for very long!

Rad Bromance
02-18-2010, 11:59 PM
I bit my nails from about age 7 to age 19. I decided one day I was tired of my nails looking so nasty so I forced myself to stop, and I haven't done it since.

It's an incredibly disgusting habit actually, but you don't realize it until you let your nails get long and see how much nasty stuff gets under them.

Madame Adequate
02-19-2010, 12:02 AM
I bit my nails for a year or so, then I stopped.

qwertysaur
02-19-2010, 12:14 AM
It's like a reflex sometimes :(

Rye
02-19-2010, 12:17 AM
It's like a reflex sometimes :(

That's my problem. I don't even realize when I do it. I do it when I'm scared, anxious, and especially bored. My classmates in lectures must think I'm trying to bite my fingers off.

cloud21zidane16
02-19-2010, 12:30 AM
Ive always done it since I can remember and still dont really see it as a problem:)

Jowy
02-19-2010, 12:50 AM
remember that episode of rocko's modern life where he was gnawing on the mannequin foot he found in the dumpster?

i am a chronic nailbiter.

I Took the Red Pill
02-19-2010, 12:53 AM
I do it, and I have no intention of stopping :aimsmile:

Slothy
02-19-2010, 01:21 AM
Any nail biters? Has anyone ever been able to successfully kick the habit?

I bit my nails all the way up until about the 8th grade. Then I got braces. If you want to know a good way to kick a bad habit, find a way to make it so you can't do it for two years. Not only do I not bite my nails now, I don't even really know how. I think my nails got stronger since then (either that or my teeth have dulled slightly. Maybe it's both).

rubah
02-19-2010, 01:23 AM
Mostly I only do it now when I'm very bored or apprehensive in class or watching a nail-biter movie.

Like, I think Dark Knight was a record 8-nails, for example. Harry Potter 6 was only 5.

Raistlin
02-19-2010, 01:44 AM
I bit my nails for a while in middle school, but I successfully kicked the habit.

o_O
02-19-2010, 01:52 AM
When I was 7 my parents promised to take me to <a href="http://www.rainbowsend.co.nz/">Rainbow's End</a> if I stopped biting my nails. Obviously they didn't think I'd stop because when I did they never took me to <a href="http://www.rainbowsend.co.nz/">Rainbow's End</a>.

I still wait patiently, hoping.

Namelessfengir
02-19-2010, 02:14 AM
ive started using my knife when i bend one back

scrumpleberry
02-19-2010, 02:19 AM
I did it for about a month, it had kind of an unpleasant quality though and I didn't like it very much and I hated stumpy nails so I stopped. I fiddle with my nails but I don't bite them.

Jiro
02-19-2010, 05:23 AM
I bite them when I get bored which is a lot.

Chloe.
02-19-2010, 06:07 PM
I have never bitten my nails, especially after seeing my older brother bite his. He even used to bite the skin around them and it made me feel sick. :barf: I have to say that I love my nails, they're such a nice shape and I've never even thought about biting them. :greenie:

Madonna
02-19-2010, 06:57 PM
When I was 7 my parents promised to take me to <a href="http://www.rainbowsend.co.nz/">Rainbow's End</a> if I stopped biting my nails. Obviously they didn't think I'd stop because when I did they never took me to <a href="http://www.rainbowsend.co.nz/">Rainbow's End</a>.

I still wait patiently, hoping.This is a tragic tale without end; you should perhaps remind them of their promise, o_O!

I use nail clippers; why would I need to bite my nails as well!? I guess you guys are saving money if you do not need to purchase nail clippers!

leader of mortals
02-19-2010, 09:23 PM
I bite my fingernails instead of clipping them. It isn't really a habit, it's more that II see that my nails are getting long and I bite them. I bite the skin around my nails, too.

Brennan
02-20-2010, 04:27 AM
I bite my fingernails instead of clipping them. It isn't really a habit, it's more that II see that my nails are getting long and I bite them. I bite the skin around my nails, too.

I'm just too lazy to get the nail clippers.

Shiny
02-20-2010, 04:30 AM
The thing that got me to stop nail biting aside from will power was when my Biochemistry teacher told me about all the disgusting bacterial particles living on my fingers. From then on, I decided that I would never put my fingers in my mouth ever again.

rubah
02-20-2010, 04:46 AM
I'm sure there's just as many disgusting bacteria living in your mouth :p

leader of mortals
02-20-2010, 04:49 AM
Bacteria in my mouth? No way, nothing alive likes to live in warm, wet places!

Raistlin
02-20-2010, 04:53 AM
The thing that got me to stop nail biting aside from will power was when my Biochemistry teacher told me about all the disgusting bacterial particles living on my fingers. From then on, I decided that I would never put my fingers in my mouth ever again.

If your hands are clean enough that you're comfortable touching the food you eat, then I can't imagine your fingers directly in your mouth being substantially worse. Most bad stuff ingested is killed in your stomach, anyway.

rubah: don't forget all the bacteria already in your stomach.

Rase
02-20-2010, 10:22 AM
I have an obsessive need to keep my nails short, and if I don't have any clippers nearby I'll bite them to keep them in check.

Jess
02-20-2010, 12:10 PM
I haven't bitten my nails in about a month because I have acrylics on. I haven't really missed it, plus my nails are prettier at the moment! :jess:

Rodarian
02-20-2010, 03:48 PM
All you nail biters should go straight to the loony bin! :jess:

Anyhow, if you're a nail biter...Cut your nails.. There problem solved!

Necronopticous
02-20-2010, 03:56 PM
One of my more innocent vices.

Rye
02-20-2010, 03:57 PM
One of my more innocent vices.
http://www.alpinist.com/media/web07f/ms-infinity-rope.jpg

:)