PDA

View Full Version : OMG nooo way!?

cloud21zidane16
02-18-2010, 11:40 PM
Wow i noticed this is the first time ive been here in about 10 months:eek:back now though.

Anyway the other day I bought FFVII on the psn as my PS3 doesnt have backwards compatibility. I also like to level early and get a few characters level 2 limits for some reason. I was at reactor number 5 doing the training, only took me an hour or so. But I turned it on just now and I have 2 files that are before all the training! For the life of me im sure I remember saving it but no, I actually went to a save point but have no idea what could of distracted me from saving:mad:
I fancied a break from ps3 games but even though it only took me an hourish I just really arent in the mood to play it now.

So my question is have you ever totally forgotten or had a save file thats been corrupt after so much time spent playing? Have you ever quit a game for a reason like this?

demondude
02-18-2010, 11:45 PM
Welcome back! I always forget to save, and it kills me to make up the wasted hours.

Madame Adequate
02-19-2010, 12:00 AM
I tend not to forget to save, though it has happened occasionally. Sometimes I presume a game has more commonplace autosaves than it really does *coughmasseffectcough*.

When I got FFVIII I played through it to somewhere in disc 2, like about 24 hours in, over the weekend. Then my parents got back and I was showing my dad the first dungeon and stuff... I accidentally saved over my file :(

Bolivar
02-19-2010, 12:59 AM
Anyway the other day I bought FFVII on the psn as my PS3 doesnt have backwards compatibility.

I hate the break this to you, but all PS3 models are backwards compatible with Playstation One games... It's PS2 games that are different depending on the SKU you bought. Hey, at least it looks and plays awesome on the PSP. In any case, welcome back.

This happened a long time ago, but someone I knew stole my memory card and deleted everything that was on it to be a dick, he had real issues. The only thing of worth (to me) was my FFVII save file with like 130 hours built up on it with tons of the late-game stuff completed. Luckily, that was floating around on a couple of my friends' memory cards, so I was able to get that back.

But the real problem was my little brother's save for Mega Man 2 he had on it. He was about 6 hours in. So when he wasn't home, I started a new game and got to where he was with just about the same amount of shards. Funny thing is it only took me about 2 hours or so because of how long the cut scenes are, and I was skippin them. :cactuar:

Vermachtnis
02-19-2010, 01:15 AM
Once playing Pokemon Leafgreen I was doing some leveling to fill in the Pokedex. I went into the Pokecenter healed up and turned it off. Then I realized I forgot to save and muttered something I can't repeat and turned it back on quickly and sure enough all that work was gone.

Shoeberto
02-19-2010, 01:22 AM
My first time going through FF7 I had to start over twice, after making it to the Northern Crater, because of other people messing up my saves. In one case, it was saved over accidentally, and in the other, they corrupted my memory card. It took me an unusually long amount of time to finish that game because of stuff like that happening.

Raistlin
02-19-2010, 02:05 AM
I've heard stories like these since I was 12, so as a result I am almost OCD about saving.

Vyk
02-19-2010, 02:21 AM
My main problem is abusing/relying on auto-save too much. I don't think I've ever -forgotten- to save, and then turn off a game. Though power outs have done it for me. And I think I may have accidentally overwritten a game or two ages ago. Soul Calibur 3 and Dead or Alive 4 both had massive issues with corrupting or erasing save data that have nailed me a time or two. And yeah. It makes you want to take a break for a while

qwertysaur
02-19-2010, 04:55 AM
The worst is when you delete or overwrite the file. :(

Chloe.
02-19-2010, 09:22 PM
Stuff like that used to happen to me a lot, so now...

I am almost OCD about saving.

Jessweeee♪
02-19-2010, 09:38 PM
I tend not to forget to save, though it has happened occasionally. Sometimes I presume a game has more commonplace autosaves than it really does *coughmasseffectcough*.

When I got FFVIII I played through it to somewhere in disc 2, like about 24 hours in, over the weekend. Then my parents got back and I was showing my dad the first dungeon and stuff... I accidentally saved over my file :(

Oh my god I did something like that too xD

I finally got my own copy of FFVIII when I was 13 or so, and a couple of weeks later it was time for wasting my entire spring break on it! I was stuck on the end of Disc Two because I couldn't finish off Edea, and I was getting bored of fighting her over and over again only to lose. Instead of doing something else like a normal person I started a new file and played through the beginning again and SAVED OVER MY IMPORTANT ONE D:

But I'm like, "okay, whatever, it didn't take me that long, I can just take this new one and go with it ;_;" so I go through all that again. Towards the end of the break I'm fighting Fujin and Raijin at the end of disc 3 and I'm stuck again. My little brother decides he wants to play and I'm like, "sure I should take a break anyway." After awhile he has to go do something, so he tells me he's done and asks me to save it for him. So I overwrote the previous save with this new one like always.

Neither of us switched out my memory card for his, so I overwrote my own file again.

KentaRawr!
02-19-2010, 09:52 PM
I'm backwards. This used to never happen to me, because I was paranoid about losing data. It happens more often now.

Brennan
02-20-2010, 03:47 AM
I always forget to save, and it kills me to make up the wasted hours.
qft, I do this a lot.

Raven Nox
02-20-2010, 04:11 AM
Not really the same, but I remember getting towards the end of Star Ocean 3, on a file where I had grinded quite a lot in, and while I was saving I had to leave really quickly but tripped over the power cord while it was saving, corrupting the file... I was not happy. xD

Oh, and I remember saving over my mom's FF9 file once, on accident. xD I don't think she was much farther than I was though.

I'm normally very compulsive about saving though. I do remember a few times where I forgot to for too long and then ended up dying or something so I lost progress, but I don't think I ever simply forgot to save before turning the power off.

Though now that I've said that I'll probably do it in the near future. =/

Mirage
02-20-2010, 05:35 AM
I always keep reasonably up-to-date save files on two different memory cards, and I even take backups of my PS3 saves to an USB flashdrive.

Crop
02-20-2010, 07:26 PM
A few months ago I was playing my SNES, and I was on A Link to the Past, then my dog walked in to greet me and kicked the console as he jumped up onto me. It turned the console off and I hadn't saved it. I gave him an unfair shouting at, so I took him for a walk 5 minutes later to make up for it.

cloud21zidane16
02-21-2010, 11:30 PM
Anyway the other day I bought FFVII on the psn as my PS3 doesnt have backwards compatibility.

I hate the break this to you, but all PS3 models are backwards compatible with Playstation One games... It's PS2 games that are different depending on the SKU you bought. Hey, at least it looks and plays awesome on the PSP. In any case, welcome back.

Really? I always thought it was both:eep:Oh well I play it on psp pretty often and probably would of rebought it even if I didnt:)Ive been out all weekend so I think im ready to reload that save and go back to it now.

Pheesh
02-22-2010, 05:31 AM
I'm pretty good with saving now (although I've been caught out by the lack of autosave in Dragon Age a few times), but the amount of times that people used to save over my game on the old gameboy pokemon games was ridiculous. You'd let a friend play it for a bit if they were over your house and then they'd save their new game and I'd be left in a crying heap on the floor.

Vermachtnis
02-22-2010, 05:47 AM
I'm pretty good with saving now (although I've been caught out by the lack of autosave in Dragon Age a few times), but the amount of times that people used to save over my game on the old gameboy pokemon games was ridiculous. You'd let a friend play it for a bit if they were over your house and then they'd save their new game and I'd be left in a crying heap on the floor.

Happened to me a few times too. So glad they fixed that, so now if they overwrite your file at least you know your friend did it on purpose.

Jiro
02-22-2010, 09:48 AM
I rarely forget to save, usually I end up saving and realising I've missed something or screwed up :/

Mo-Nercy
02-23-2010, 12:08 PM
I am deliberately avoiding playing new games/replaying old games at the moment in anticipation of FFXIII.

I expect you to do the same because I'm awesomesauce (and I can't multi-game)

Loony BoB
02-23-2010, 12:10 PM
Start from the beginning! You can't leave games that long and then start halfway. :p

cloud21zidane16
02-24-2010, 01:03 AM
I am deliberately avoiding playing new games/replaying old games at the moment in anticipation of FFXIII.

I expect you to do the same because I'm awesomesauce (and I can't multi-game)

Kind of agree now, Ive just been way to busy the last few days to play properly. It doesnt seem far at all untill XIII is out so I think I might just put this off for a while:D