PDA

View Full Version : Exercise!

Jessweeee♪
02-19-2010, 12:20 AM
Share with me your thoughts on exercise! Especially the fun thoughts!

I have ran more in these past couple of weeks than I have in the past three years! I took a jogging class D:

I am required to take two fitness classes to get my degree (This is silly! scientists do not need to be in shape!) and the title Beginner Jogging with an Emphasis on Walking caught my eye. I figure, okay, it'll probably be more than just walking around at my own leisurely pace, but it can't be any worse than high school PE, right? Wrong! The first day we really started running, I find out everyone in that class is NOT a beginner! Those cheaters! Making me feel bad about myself! So with everyone going vroom~ I feel like I should try to at least slowly jog the whole mile. At around the second lap I take a detour into the bathroom and :barf:.

At this point I'm like, "why oh why didn't I sign up for Beginner Billiards? Or Beginner Fencing? Or Beginner Scuba Diving? Scuba diving would have been badass. Whatever I am going home now, going onto the school's website, and dropping this class." On the way out of the bathroom the teacher saw me and told me to just walk it from now on and I'd be fine xD

Now every time I go it's like:
"'kay, I'm gonna jog lots!"
"I'm getting kind of tired now :( Keep going though D:"
"grhgrhghhghhghrhghrkeepgooinnnnggg"
Teacher: GO YOU CAN DO ITTTT :cheer:
"GARBLEBLARBLEPAIN"
*starts walkin'*
"Oh god I feel sick I want to die I am dropping this class when I get home. If I don't die first."
*walks some more*
"Yeeeeaaaah life is great I feel excellent~"

qwertysaur
02-19-2010, 12:24 AM
if your teacher really uses pom poms I would squee :p

cloud21zidane16
02-19-2010, 12:27 AM
Ive always enjoyed exercise and actually rejoined the gym this week only to find I was nowere near as fit as was I year ago, I was feeling exhausted after an hour of cardio and weights. And was in agony the next day from stiffness:(
Im going again tomorrow though, just gotta keep at it!

NorthernChaosGod
02-19-2010, 12:28 AM
Exercise rules, especially lifting. :cool:

I pretty much only use cardio as a warm up and to keep my heart pumping efficiently to get more blood flow to my muscles.

But that's when I specifically am working out to work out, I'll still play pick up games of basketball, football and soccer with my friends now that it's been warmer out.

Miriel
02-19-2010, 12:30 AM
"Beginner Jogging with an Emphasis on Walking"

That's an actual class? xD

I hate the beginning of exercising, but by the end of it I feel so good and happy that I did it. The worst part about exercising is getting out of bed or the couch to actually DO it. I run about 1.5 miles every morning with my dogs. Before my dogs lived with me, I would run 2.5 miles every other day on the treadmill using the interval training method.

The only exercising I've ever done in a classroom setting has been pilates (which is KILLER omg), and various dance classes (hip hop, ballet, modern, etc). I never knew you could study running/walking!

Shlup
02-19-2010, 12:33 AM
In college I took a yoga class and an online PE class. My mom took walking, and a lot of my friends took bowling.

I loved my yoga class. I still do a little yoga every day; I should do more though. I usually work out for ten to sixty minutes every day, and I'm slowly working on increasing that. I need more ways to do cardio. I sprained my ankle in September and still can't jog, so I stole my mom's bike. :D

Raistlin
02-19-2010, 01:48 AM
I enjoy exercise, but I lack the motivation nowadays to exercise just for the sake of exercise (going to the gym, running, etc.). I enjoy playing basketball and reffing high school/intramural college basketball games, which is a good amount of cardio.

NorthernChaosGod
02-19-2010, 01:53 AM
an online PE class.

wat

Bastian
02-19-2010, 02:11 AM
I love running. However, only under the follow specific restrictions:
1) it's outside
2) it's in nature

Thankfully there's a nature park in town that has miles and miles and miles of running trails through the woods and along a stream and such. Unfortunately it's been rainy lately so there are HUGE ponds of water and mud, but that doesn't stop me. My shoes get complete coated in mud every day, but oh well. :)

When I'm feeling too lazy to go all the way to the nature park (it's in a suburb on the far side of Portland) I run in place at home. Boring.

I also love the gym for weights. But I'm not so keen on doing cardio there anymore now that I have my nature park.

scrumpleberry
02-19-2010, 02:21 AM
I really enjoy working out but motivation to actually get up and begin is awful I'm just like EHHH I'LL DO IT TOMORROW and then I probably don't

Cuchulainn
02-19-2010, 02:42 AM
I cannot jog without my ipod. It's a mental thing. I left my ipod in work over the weekend once3 & I never trained at all. Sat in my underwear eatin crisps & drinking beer & watching Match of the Day.

True Story.

Jessweeee♪
02-19-2010, 02:47 AM
Aaggh I'm the opposite. I take my iPod everywhere because I have to have music constantly, but I don't like having things on me when I go xD

Rye
02-19-2010, 05:26 AM
I love to walk around everywhere.

Jogging and running I like less, because I sweat easily and get red like a tomato, and I look horrible. But the after feeling of exercise is great. I'm excited to join a gym again when I go home.

Zeldy
02-19-2010, 09:08 PM
I walk ALOTT, not for the exercise purpose but simply because I have no choice in the matter. Tomorrow for example, I'm walking to work as I have no lift and it's a good hour walk! I enjoy the walk on the sly though, and I've started walking to-and-from college which takes me about half an hour each way, it's fun getting exercise even if it's only walking~

I used to love doing fitness in PE at highschool, I miss that. I miss running aswell.

Shlup
02-19-2010, 09:10 PM
an online PE class.

wat

Yes, I am srs. I don't even remember what we did... I mean, I know we talked about something related to physical education.

I also took Intro to the Internet online. Lesson one: "Hi, this is your professor, hit 'reply' to email me back." I got an A. Lawl.

Rebellious Eagle
02-19-2010, 09:40 PM
Yeah, running may seem easy, but trust me, it's not. I hate all those pros who join the beginner class. It makes me feel awkward.
I don't really like vigorous exercise but I love taekwondo class. It's really fun and you get to spar people. And break wood. >:D

leader of mortals
02-19-2010, 09:46 PM
I like going for a walk. A nice 45 minute walk a day makes me feel good. I don't like to run though, it makes me feel like an idiot, and it makes me too tired. Actually, I normally walk at night, after it's dark, so I probably look pretty creepy, but whatever, I prefer the quiet.

NorthernChaosGod
02-19-2010, 11:59 PM
an online PE class.

wat

Yes, I am srs. I don't even remember what we did... I mean, I know we talked about something related to physical education.

I also took Intro to the Internet online. Lesson one: "Hi, this is your professor, hit 'reply' to email me back." I got an A. Lawl.

Way to take all the easy classes, Shlup. :P

Doomie
02-20-2010, 03:29 AM
Being a super fatty when I was younger makes me incredibly inclined to work out now. I usually go five or six times a week, for anywhere between two-and-a-half and three hours. Lots of cardio, weight-training, and hypertrophy. Doing something called escalating density training now, and it's the single hardest thing I've ever done.

NorthernChaosGod
02-20-2010, 07:52 AM
Being a super fatty when I was younger makes me incredibly inclined to work out now. I usually go five or six times a week, for anywhere between two-and-a-half and three hours. Lots of cardio, weight-training, and hypertrophy. Doing something called escalating density training now, and it's the single hardest thing I've ever done.

This sounds like the perfect way to over-train. And lots of of cardio and hypertrophy is contradictory, if you're going for muscle mass you want to do as little cardio as possible.

Loony BoB
02-20-2010, 08:07 AM
I don't exercise much. I'm naturally thin, so the only reason I'd do it would be to increase my strength. I have too little fat as it is and as for bulking up, that just doesn't happen with me - I'd have to go on a protein diet or something similar. Normally it's just my strength that increases, nothing visual, when I 'work out' regularly. I say 'work out', but usually it's more 'work' that just happens to involve a lot of manual labour. I mean, if you want to burn fat or build up muscle, why not just look for a little contracting in the manual labour industry? Get paid instead of paying.

Mirage
02-20-2010, 10:05 AM
I take karate lessons on mondays and wednesdays, and I also try to make sure I do some resistance exercises on fridays or saturdays. In addition to that, I use my bike to get around almost no matter where I go (except right now cause it's broken :(). On the days that I don't do karate or resistance, I try to remember using my indoor exercise bike thing. Idk what you americans and englishmen call them.

I don't run as a form of exercise, because my weight would have a pretty negative impact on my ankles and knees.

-edit-
Oh yeah, I also take CLA.

Doomie
02-20-2010, 03:25 PM
This sounds like the perfect way to over-train. And lots of of cardio and hypertrophy is contradictory, if you're going for muscle mass you want to do as little cardio as possible.

No no, I don't mean that consecutively :). My workouts usually change every four or five weeks, depending on what I want to achieve. And my two hours are filled with plenty of recovery time. Example, if I decided that I wanted to pack on mass, I'd do German volume for about a month. If I'm back to weight loss, I'll probably do a super circuit. But incidentally, I've looked through the Bruce Lee circuit, and he incorporated heavy weight training with his cardio. I mean clean and jerks WITH running WITH plyometrics. Then again, he was Bruce Lee. And when I tried it, I was inches away from collapsing. I also fell of the bench trying a dragon flag. Eh.

NorthernChaosGod
02-20-2010, 11:00 PM
I mean, if you want to burn fat or build up muscle, why not just look for a little contracting in the manual labour industry? Get paid instead of paying.
A proper lifting regime will be vastly superior in both gains and symmetry and isn't as bad for your body.

No no, I don't mean that consecutively :). My workouts usually change every four or five weeks, depending on what I want to achieve. And my two hours are filled with plenty of recovery time. Example, if I decided that I wanted to pack on mass, I'd do German volume for about a month. If I'm back to weight loss, I'll probably do a super circuit. But incidentally, I've looked through the Bruce Lee circuit, and he incorporated heavy weight training with his cardio. I mean clean and jerks WITH running WITH plyometrics. Then again, he was Bruce Lee. And when I tried it, I was inches away from collapsing. I also fell of the bench trying a dragon flag. Eh.

Oh, well that makes much more sense.

Also, lol @ falling

demondude
02-20-2010, 11:16 PM
I am in glorious shape.

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/8473/whatno.gif

leader of mortals
02-20-2010, 11:47 PM
Horny Gay Faith Healer?

Hey guys, pants that were too tight for me to fit into about 2 months ago are now a perfect fit for me! *end bragging*

Crop
02-20-2010, 11:52 PM
Sat in my underwear eatin crisps & drinking beer & watching Match of the Day.

That's what I do all the time anyway.
I very very very rarely exercise. I'm naturally skinny no matter how much I eat (a lot). The only time I'd ever exercise would be to lose weight.

Although lately I have been actually feeling unfit, which has never happened to me before...I should probably go to the gym or something.

Mo-Nercy
02-21-2010, 01:59 PM
It took all my willpower to click on this thread before "Bacon is awesome".

I don't do a whole lot of exercise, though I probably should. I'm as big as I've ever been, but I've lost weight before, so I know how to go about it, I'm just too time-strapped to do it at the moment. It was a long time ago that I had successfully embarked on an attempt to slim down though, before I was driving, before I had a girlfriend and before I was smoking as much as I do now.

NorthernChaosGod
02-22-2010, 10:14 AM
Sat in my underwear eatin crisps & drinking beer & watching Match of the Day.

That's what I do all the time anyway.
I very very very rarely exercise. I'm naturally skinny no matter how much I eat (a lot). The only time I'd ever exercise would be to lose weight.

Although lately I have been actually feeling unfit, which has never happened to me before...I should probably go to the gym or something.

Thin != healthy, just FYI.

Jiro
02-22-2010, 10:32 AM
I love to run.

Rye
02-22-2010, 10:33 AM
Huxley and I walked around 15 miles in the past weekend! It was a particularly healthy weekend, lots of going out to town, walking by the canal and visiting the ducks and swans, etc.

Xaven
02-22-2010, 10:54 AM
Gosh, you guys like to run. And bicycle! I like neither. :p

Pushing through an hour on an elliptical machine with heavy resistance is my favorite workout ever! :love: I aim for 11 cal/min total, so that puts me at 660 calories for an hour's worth of work. It's so easy to just space out, think things over, watch TV, or watch videos on my phone during that time. When I was at 24 Hour Fitness, I'd follow this with machine weights. For strength, not for bulk. :p But the people in the weight room at the Rec Center here at school is too intimidating, so I stay out.

However! I haven't been to the gym since November. Halp guys, I'ma so fat nows. ;__; School ate my will power last quarter with the finals rush.. and it never gave it back.

Jojee
02-22-2010, 07:45 PM
I usually go to the gym 1-2 times a week nowadays. It's supposed to be 3, but that never really happens. :p

I'm signed up for a BalletFit class, but I rarely go xD;

I like exercising when you're not really there to exercise more. Like recreational biking in the summer, or skating, or whatever. Summer's a lot better. ^^

Fujiko
03-09-2010, 03:11 AM
Underestimating the treadmill (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77WKmF3747s)

I jog every other day in the morning and do some light weight-lifting at home. I also like long walks and hiking. I used to practice tennis, volleyball and karate, but when I got into uni I didn't have much time to practice in the tennis or volleyball clubs anymore. Now I only play tennis and volleyball on my spare time. But I didn't practice the sports to get an exercise; but because it was interesting, fun and challenging~ ;)

Captain Maxx Power
03-09-2010, 04:57 PM
I regularly attend the gym three times a week, doing heavy lifting and some cardio. I'm one of those people who knows that the only reason I bother with the gym is because I'm utterly unfulfilled emotionally and thus have to fill the void by convincing myself that if I make myself an adonis someone will love me, ignoring the fact that most of the people I know who have partners are usually utterly out-of-shape and that the root of my problem probably lies in my fundamental unlikability. But dammit, at least I have biceps I can be proud of!

Rye
03-09-2010, 05:01 PM
We've been walking so much lately. I've lost quite a bit of weight; we've both noticed that my legs have toned up quite a lot. You don't notice it so much on my calves, since those are pretty muscular, but on my thighs.

NorthernChaosGod
03-09-2010, 09:04 PM
I regularly attend the gym three times a week, doing heavy lifting and some cardio. I'm one of those people who knows that the only reason I bother with the gym is because I'm utterly unfulfilled emotionally and thus have to fill the void by convincing myself that if I make myself an adonis someone will love me, ignoring the fact that most of the people I know who have partners are usually utterly out-of-shape and that the root of my problem probably lies in my fundamental unlikability. But dammit, at least I have biceps I can be proud of!

Chat up girls at the gym, bro. Chances are you'll find at least one just like yourself and you can both wallow in it. :P

Captain Maxx Power
03-09-2010, 11:03 PM
Chat up girls at the gym, bro. Chances are you'll find at least one just like yourself and you can both wallow in it. :P

Heh, women at the gym, what a delightful thought. In all seriousness though the gym is primarily a guy-filled the zone. The women who do go there are either in their late-50s (I assume spinsters desperately trying to make themselves attractive to men) or about 300 pounds through. Besides which it's kind of hard to appear suave when you're panting and sweating as you run through the corridors...lifting weights.

NorthernChaosGod
03-10-2010, 12:31 AM
Wtf kind of :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty gym do you go to? Almost every gym I've ever tried out has always had mostly good-looking people working out. The chicks are usually damn fine.

I guess I just live in a better area. :smug:

rubah
03-10-2010, 12:40 AM
The people who go to gyms are out of shape. The people who return are in shape.

Captain Maxx Power
03-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Wtf kind of :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty gym do you go to? Almost every gym I've ever tried out has always had mostly good-looking people working out. The chicks are usually damn fine.

I guess I just live in a better area. :smug:

Dude, I live in the North East of England. The average weight for most females is 250 pounds and it's not uncommon for one to mistake females for males from a distance. To say that the overall attractiveness of women in my part of the UK is low is an understatement.

I also wish to add a third category to the list; jailbait.

NorthernChaosGod
03-10-2010, 09:01 PM
Dude, I live in the North East of England. The average weight for most females is 250 pounds and it's not uncommon for one to mistake females for males from a distance. To say that the overall attractiveness of women in my part of the UK is low is an understatement.

I also wish to add a third category to the list; jailbait.

Lol, sorry then. What about jailbait though? o_O

Captain Maxx Power
03-10-2010, 09:46 PM
Lol, sorry then. What about jailbait though? o_O

We got swarmed by young girls from a local comprehensive school today. All over the place they were.

NorthernChaosGod
03-11-2010, 01:35 AM
That sounds like paradise.

VexNet
03-11-2010, 03:24 PM
I used to work out by myself every other day, doing sit ups, push ups and crunches. Then at some point I gave up.

I also took a Bushido class for about a year, that was good fun, Wish I had the funds to keep doing it, I'm all out of practice now.

I would like to take up another class sometime soon.

black orb
03-11-2010, 04:00 PM
>>> I dont have a car so I walk a lot..:luca:

KentaRawr!
03-11-2010, 04:15 PM
an online PE class.

wat

You just learn about physical health. :(

Captain Maxx Power
03-11-2010, 06:25 PM
That sounds like paradise.

I've already informed the authorities.