PDA

View Full Version : zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

BarelySeeAtAll
02-19-2010, 11:53 AM
Okay, I'm in serious need of getting bright-eyed and cheery for the day. Meant to be doing some schoolwork but my eyes are closing :eep: just like that.

THE question I pose to you: What do you do to keep yourself awake [be clean :roll2] esp. at silly hours of the morning when you are STILL messing about on here?

I CAN'T WAKE UP...

:greenie:

Cuchulainn
02-19-2010, 12:25 PM
Dont, just sleep :)

Mo-Nercy
02-19-2010, 12:26 PM
I usually listen to my the latest episode of my favourite podcast (The Hamish and Andy show). It keeps me laughing and therefore, awake.

If I'm doing uni work or something and I need something non-distracting, I go for good ol' fashioned caffeine. Despite all the caffeine I take every day, my body doesn't seem to have become accustomed to it and it still works an absolute treat.

BardTard
02-19-2010, 03:36 PM
Slap myself with items straight from the freezer.

Faris
02-19-2010, 04:06 PM
Walk around the house, keep moving, and get day stuff out to start working on... Also, I find that first trip to the bathroom in the morning tends to do the trick on the waking up part.

Raistlin
02-19-2010, 04:13 PM
Eating and drinking helps keep me awake, if need be, especially if I'm drinking something with a strong taste (like soda, though the caffeine doesn't affect me). Also occasionally getting up and walking around.

Peegee
02-19-2010, 04:16 PM
I have the reverse problem where I love to sleep but stay up very late naturally. Yay fridays - stay up late and wake up at 10pm screaming WTF go back to bed. Conversely if I do sleep in I wake up at 4pm screaming WTF the day is gone!

Anyway, enough griping - if you want to stay up, try going to places where you aren't allowed to go to sleep, like a coffee shop or somewhere else out in public.

leader of mortals
02-19-2010, 04:34 PM
For some reason, I stop feeling tired after I stay up too late. It's not that I'm not tired, because when I reach this point I can fall asleep almost immediately if I lay down, but if I am sitting or standing, I don't really get tired. Also, I find doing a task that doesn't require much thinking, like mindlessly playing video games, helps me wake up. It must be because my brain falls asleep while doing this, or something.

PuPu
02-19-2010, 04:36 PM
Listening to some Brutal Death Metal. Yes, that is an actual subgenre of death metal.

Staying up to 2-3AM is nothing for me.

Zeldy
02-19-2010, 07:36 PM
At that stage, I just give in and sleep and either get up early and do the work or face the consequences.

Raistlin
02-19-2010, 08:42 PM
Staying up to 2-3AM is nothing for me.

You make that sound like some sort of accomplishment. I often have difficulty forcing myself to go to bed before 2 AM.

PuPu
02-19-2010, 10:44 PM
But the question is, what time can you wake up?

Weekdays I stay up that late and wake up at ~6:30AM.
Weekends I don't bother until about ~10:30.

If you want accomplishments, one time I stayed awake from 6:30 AM to 11:30 PM of the next day. That's 41 hours, I believe. :eep: