PDA

View Full Version : before u came my love was broke then it fixed

Mogi
02-19-2010, 10:06 PM
Sorry if this offends anyone. I think it's hilarious.

Today on my friend's bus, a folded piece of notebook paper fell from a black kid's pocket onto the ground. My friend picked it up and unfolded it, finding then that it was a love poem to the kid's girlfriend. It was horrible. I know that the content of the poem was serious because my friend read it aloud to the rest of the bus and the kid who wrote it was very, very embarrassed. I don't condone the reading. I just think the content of the poem is funny as hell.

The entire thing was written in lower-case half-English. I can't remember all of it, but there were a few key parts that stuck out:

"before u came my love was broke
then it fixed"

"u got a nice head
cuz its all curly"

And my favourite:

"if a fuck nigga wit u
a fuck nigga get gon kill"

I really wish I could remember more. Discuss this poem and other examples of horrible poetry.

Kgo

Jessweeee♪
02-19-2010, 10:08 PM
AHHAAAAAHAHAAAHAHAH xDD

Super bonus points for anyone who reads their bad poetry finds aloud!

Rebellious Eagle
02-19-2010, 10:12 PM
Ha, that's hilarious! Poor kid. At least it was thoughtful?

demondude
02-19-2010, 10:15 PM
Yeah, bad poetry sucks!

:cry:

NorthernChaosGod
02-19-2010, 11:57 PM
What. The. Fuck.

Those quotes make brain hurt my. :(

qwertysaur
02-20-2010, 08:46 PM
Yeah, bad poetry sucks!

I'll be nice today :p

Shlup
02-20-2010, 09:22 PM
The "u got a nice head, cuz its all curly" line is the most romantic thing I've ever heard.

Poor illiterate kid, that's so embarrassing that your friend read it out loud. I hope it doesn't discourage him from trying to be romantic in the future.

Rodarian
02-20-2010, 09:23 PM
.... I have no words to describe my amusement...

Do you suppose that this phrase 'first friendship then sex' ever came up in the poem as well..

Don't ask me why cause I'll have to explain then and I really don't want to.

NorthernChaosGod
02-20-2010, 10:57 PM

Do you suppose that this phrase 'first friendship then sex' ever came up in the poem as well..

Explain.

I Don't Need A Name
02-21-2010, 12:12 AM
Yeah, bad poetry sucks!

I'll be nice today :p

I won't (http://forums.eyesonff.com/writers-corner/112703-p-my-mates-poem.html)

Shoeberto
02-21-2010, 12:19 AM
Bad poetry: Oh noetry

Rye
02-21-2010, 12:34 AM
Bad poetry: Oh noetry

xD

Mogi
02-21-2010, 04:31 AM
Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if it was "u got a nice head" or "u got a pretty head," but I seem to think nice.

God, I wish I could remember more of it.
;_;

Moon Rabbits
02-21-2010, 06:06 AM
Go look at anything I ever posted in the Writer's Corner ;}

Pheesh
02-21-2010, 06:32 AM
That guy has the most amazing haiku in him, just waiting to burst out.

Madonna
02-21-2010, 07:01 AM
I think this is a stunning example of cruelty and racial bigotry; way to be friends with a douche who invades other people's privacy and flaunts it, and way to go with mentioning the color of his skin as if it had bearing on the story! Poor writers can be of any color or creed, and I am more interested in how juvenile your peer seems to be; are you not coming out of high school?! I am all for mocking bad poetry, but if the writer is not sharing it, why the hell is anyone doing reading it?!

I will read something later in an attempt to play nice, but I, for one, am offended!

Moon Rabbits
02-21-2010, 07:06 AM
I think this is a stunning example of cruelty and racial bigotry; way to be friends with a douche who invades other people's privacy and flaunts it, and way to go with mentioning the color of his skin as if it had bearing on the story! Poor writers can be of any color or creed, and I am more interested in how juvenile your peer seems to be; are you not coming out of high school?! I am all for mocking bad poetry, but if the writer is not sharing it, why the hell is anyone doing reading it?!

I will read something later in an attempt to play nice, but I, for one, am offended!

I hope this isn't sarcasm but I thought the same thing ... I just didn't say anything because I bitch about everything and didn't feel like it this time. >_>

Mogi
02-21-2010, 07:15 AM
Gah, that's not what this is about! I said that I didn't condone his reading of the poem, and mentioning the colour of his skin did have an impact on the story; it could have been assumed by the use of slang, but I wanted to be absolutely clear that no one would have to do that.

Laugh and be merry, Lynxie! The author of the poem was not in bad spirits after he recovered from his temporary embarrassment, and the relationship between him and my friend is absolutely fine. Also, tell us about mocking bad poetry!

Jessweeee♪
02-21-2010, 07:17 AM

Eh, some people feel like race affects the context of "nigga."

Shiny
02-21-2010, 07:43 AM
This only proves that your school needs a better English department.

and mentioning the colour of his skin did have an impact on the story; it could have been assumed by the use of slang
Really now...how do you figure that? :greenie:

smittenkitten
02-21-2010, 11:15 AM
Why Mogi your friend sounds like a real jerk for reading something that wasn't his to read and even out loud! I feel sorry for the kid who wrote the poem and maybe that is romantic, sometimes it doesn't need to be perfect as long as his girlfriend appreciates the time he put in it.

Thy trout slaps
Mogi in thee face
Since good sir
you have been a disgrace!
Take that poetry! Mwahaha... :trout:

Loony BoB
02-21-2010, 11:19 AM
If you don't condone the reading, why are you posting it into here and wishing you could remember more? :p

I think bad poetry with good intentions such as this is sweet and romantic more than most poetry out there is. It has far more meaning behind most stuff out there, and I hope the girl liked it.

Rye
02-21-2010, 11:24 AM
I thought the curly hair line was really cute.

Old Manus
02-21-2010, 04:24 PM
>Implying that there exists good poetry

I love how it starts off romantic, but turns into a battle rap

Mogi
02-21-2010, 05:37 PM
My school needs a new everything. They're tearing it down soon. Not even kidding.

and mentioning the colour of his skin did have an impact on the story; it could have been assumed by the use of slang
Really now...how do you figure that? :greenie:
Well, it could be taken completely differently context if one had assumed that he was white or asian!

Why Mogi your friend sounds like a real jerk for reading something that wasn't his to read and even out loud! I feel sorry for the kid who wrote the poem and maybe that is romantic, sometimes it doesn't need to be perfect as long as his girlfriend appreciates the time he put in it.
He really is a jerk, but everyone at my school loves him anyway. I'm not quite sure how that works out.

Thy trout slaps
Mogi in thee face
Since good sir
you have been a disgrace!
Take that poetry! Mwahaha... :trout:
Why such violence ;_;

If you don't condone the reading, why are you posting it into here and wishing you could remember more? :p
No one else here knows the kid who wrote it, so I think that it's not nearly the same.

I think bad poetry with good intentions such as this is sweet and romantic more than most poetry out there is. It has far more meaning behind most stuff out there, and I hope the girl liked it
I agree with you completely. Also, he didn't give it to her. A few people on his bus are helping him rewrite it.

I thought the curly hair line was really cute.And this is why I wish I could remember more. There was a lot of other content like this. There were sunsets and moonsets, but I can't remember how they were written in.

Most of it had that romantic undertone to it; the more violent lines came out of nowhere here and there.

Loony BoB
02-21-2010, 11:06 PM
Rewrite it? Help? Urgh, takes away the romance and personal feeling! Should've just given it to her as is. Means more that way. :D

Mogi
02-22-2010, 01:12 AM
I agree with you, but regardless of what happened or will happen, the content of the original poem was hilarious.

Rodarian
02-22-2010, 03:49 PM

Explain.

:eep:
Basically that phrase amounts rendezvous at motels

Agree

Shiny
02-23-2010, 07:50 AM

Hahaha, yeah. Wtf is up with that. xD

I feel bad for laughing at it, but it is funny. I feel mostly bad for the kid because the reading it aloud to everyone in the bus was not cool either way.

blackmage_nuke
02-23-2010, 10:18 AM
For all we know it couldve been a draft or a stream of conciousness brain storm. And now youve secretly ruined a kid's desire to express himself. Sure he wont say thats what happened aloud, BUT THATS WHAT YOUVE DONE.

Mo-Nercy
02-23-2010, 10:19 AM
Curly hair is hawt.
That poem was not.

Cuchulainn
02-23-2010, 01:34 PM
Was awful but he's still a long way to go to match the mighty William McGonagall.

Unbreakable Will
02-23-2010, 05:25 PM
Curly hair is hawt.
That poem was not.
xD
I don't condone the reading aloud but Mogi is right that the poem is epic in its hilarity.