PDA

View Full Version : Timesplitters

Crop
02-20-2010, 01:15 AM
I think there was a thread like this before, but it's a couple of years old now so I thought I'd make a new one.

Anyone here a fan of the series? I love TS2, it's probably my favourate FPS of all time, and I still play it to this day.
I was a little disappointed with FP, but I think that's just because I over hyped it.

There WAS a TS4 in production, but the creators (Free Radical) went bust and got bought by Crytec, who stopped production of it.
They haven't actually said it'll never be made, but that's probably just so TS fans will keep their eye on Crytec (and maybe see another game they like.

So, discuss, what was your favourate TS? And did you ever get to play TSFP online? Because I bloody didn't!

Dreddz
02-20-2010, 11:49 AM
I dont remember much from the Timesplitters series except that the Neo Tokyo stage in TS2 was very well done.

Madame Adequate
02-20-2010, 03:59 PM
TimeSplitters is an utterly amazing series. Absolutely blindingly brilliant from top to bottom.

Crytec won't ever finish TS4 because they don't want some random purchased property to shame their Cry games. Which it would, if it was done right.

Never played FP online sadly, the much easier time we'd inevitably have with TS4 was one of the biggest appeals for me.

Breine
02-20-2010, 04:44 PM
Timesplitters (especially the first one) has given me many hours of great multiplayer gaming. Seriously awesome to play in multiplayer.

Crop
02-20-2010, 06:28 PM
TimeSplitters is an utterly amazing series. Absolutely blindingly brilliant from top to bottom.

Crytec won't ever finish TS4 because they don't want some random purchased property to shame their Cry games. Which it would, if it was done right.

Never played FP online sadly, the much easier time we'd inevitably have with TS4 was one of the biggest appeals for me.

You're probably right, hell, even the word "Timesplitters" is filtered on the Crytek forums.

I know, I was looking forward to a TS game finally online. It didn't bother me much with the other games though, because the offline multiplayer was so (and still is) damn good.

demondude
02-20-2010, 06:35 PM
I loved FE local multiplayer. So fun.

Psychotic
02-20-2010, 06:45 PM
I loved FP. Was one of the few FPS games that I could do the campaign over and over again and not get tired of it.

One of my favourite things to do was go on the Arctic mp level (Dam?) set the only weapon to brick, then drive about running everyone over in the little buggy thing.

The level creator was damned tasty too. I remember making one where the new England manager, Steve McClaren, was locked in a haunted mansion by David Beckham, furious that he had been dropped from the team. Old Goldenballs had loaded his mansion with a brick-throwing freak, a flamethrower-toting Deadwina, oh, and a underground dungeon full of Cropolites. Not to mention zombies by the barrelful! The only weapon was the bat (or the brick if you took down the Freak) and it was glorious.

Crop
02-20-2010, 06:53 PM
and a underground dungeon full of Cropolites.

Yes, I remember when I featured in that map.

The Mapmaker in TS2 was amazing, in FP it was perfect. I can only imagine what they would do in TS4 if it was made.