PDA

View Full Version : So They Showed An English Commercial on ESPN...

Rad Bromance
02-21-2010, 03:42 PM
I wonder how well this will sell to the NBA fans... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ABsJgxZH-Q) :greenie:

Also they're advertising it like a 360 exclusive...weird.

Mirage
02-21-2010, 04:01 PM
Sony probably thinks the PS3 version will sell itself, because everyone associates final fantasy with playstation.

They might be arrogant, time will tell.

VeloZer0
02-21-2010, 04:12 PM

If I saw that add I would want nothing to do with the game. Looks like another generation* of me not identifying myself as a Final Fantasy fan to non gamers.

*console generation

Moon Rabbits
02-21-2010, 05:11 PM
Really badly done commercial imho.

I love My Hands though. *goes listens*

Psychotic
02-21-2010, 05:11 PM
Also they're advertising it like a 360 exclusive...weird.Every game that's out for both the PS3 and 360 will have either a PS3 or 360 logo at the end of it, like it's an exclusive even though it's not. It's weird.

Madame Adequate
02-21-2010, 05:51 PM
I still don't get the Leona Lewis thing. And that was quite a crap ad. But I suppose it's going to sell better among that crowd than if they hadn't advertised it at all.

Raistlin
02-21-2010, 06:38 PM
I agree with MILF; that was an awful ad. But I guess any advertising is better than no advertising.

VeloZer0
02-21-2010, 10:07 PM
Not really, if people think it is targeted at a different demographic than they are in it increases the likely hood it will be overlooked.

As I said above, if I wasn't involved in the FF series already that add would make me very dispositioned against the game, with a high likely hood of never reading a review.

Rad Bromance
02-22-2010, 03:08 AM
As I said above, if I wasn't involved in the FF series already that add would make me very dispositioned against the game, with a high likely hood of never reading a review.
That's...a very silly position to take. :roll2

I agree it's a pretty lame ad though.

VeloZer0
02-22-2010, 03:15 AM
If you see a movie that you have never heard about before and it is billed as a sappy movie and you don't like sappy movies, well you can put two and two together.

The point was that if I only knew about the game through the add, I would think it was something not worth looking at.

Madame Adequate
02-22-2010, 10:53 AM
Not really, if people think it is targeted at a different demographic than they are in it increases the likely hood it will be overlooked.

Not really. If the group is entirely unaware of it they can't be interested in it. If even one person thinks "Hey that looks fun" they've done something positive with their ad campaign.

Mirage
02-22-2010, 11:01 AM
Well, for the ad campaign to be worth it, they'd need to make more money from the extra sales than the campaign cost them :p. One extra sale isn't really gonna cut it :p

Xaven
02-22-2010, 11:25 AM
Do you think they made it look 360 orientated because an NBA crowd is more likely to own one than a PS3?

Laddy
02-22-2010, 11:52 AM
That ad isn't so much bad as it's bad for the 18-50 year old male demographic, ESPN's primary audience.

They should focus more on the action, less on the drama, and maybe use a more "manly" style.

VeloZer0
02-22-2010, 02:25 PM
Not really. If the group is entirely unaware of it they can't be interested in it. If even one person thinks "Hey that looks fun" they've done something positive with their ad campaign.
Agree, but you never get a second chance to make a first impression and,

That ad isn't so much bad as it's bad for the 18-50 year old male demographic, ESPN's primary audience.
They should focus more on the action, less on the drama, and maybe use a more "manly" style.
if they think it isn't for them they will be unreceptive to becoming further aware of the product.

Well, for the ad campaign to be worth it, they'd need to make more money from the extra sales than the campaign cost them :p.

The add could be received well by some markets, but it is in the completely wrong place.

Depression Moon
02-22-2010, 04:03 PM
I saw it on youtube as I didn't realize it was on a special kind of ESPN that I didn't have. It seemed strange to me to advertise it at the NBA playoffs or whatever it was. That crowd seems to not like JRPGs more than almost any other genre.

Also they're advertising it like a 360 exclusive...weird.Every game that's out for both the PS3 and 360 will have either a PS3 or 360 logo at the end of it, like it's an exclusive even though it's not. It's weird.

Well not every game. I see them advertised more as 360 only rather than PS3. Arkham Asylum was advertised for all it's consoles. YouTube - Batman: Arkham Asylum - TV Commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkInC6JpnKs)

Advertised as a 360 exclusive probably because M payed that extra money to show it as 360 only.

Mirage
02-22-2010, 07:41 PM
The ad never said "only for xb360"

Depression Moon
02-22-2010, 10:02 PM
I never said it did.

Rase
02-22-2010, 10:56 PM
Advertised as a 360 exclusive probably because M payed that extra money to show it as 360 only.
I see it more as just being advertised as a 360 game, but that's just me.

Agreed on the commercial sucking as a whole though.

Rad Bromance
03-07-2010, 05:06 AM
Here's a new US commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL-3hujt2ZI&feature=player_embedded)

I think it's a tad better. :)

Dreddz
03-07-2010, 10:44 AM
I think Sony would rather spend their advertising money on their own first party games than third party ones. The game will sell well on the PS3 regardless, so why bother.