PDA

View Full Version : Gimme the moneyz.

Rebellious Eagle
02-21-2010, 11:11 PM
So, I just found out that I'm legally short enough to get a handicapped sticker for my future car and that because I'm considered handicapped I can receive money from the government. Now I feel bad. I'm not handicapped and there's nothing wrong with me. ;.;
Have you ever received a piece of news that totally turned your world upside down or changed the way you thought about something?

Momiji
02-21-2010, 11:14 PM
Are you kidding? I'd be tempted to abuse such a right to park in the handicapped spots and receive money from the government!

Seriously though you're only 14-- there's still a chance that you'll have a growth spurt still...

Rye
02-21-2010, 11:14 PM
You might still grow a bit, but that's unlikely. I stopped growing in height once I turned 12 years old. I'm only 5'0". How tall are you? =O

Rebellious Eagle
02-21-2010, 11:16 PM
4'10 or 4'11. The doctor told me I shouldn't hope to reach 5 feet. D:

Raistlin
02-21-2010, 11:16 PM
Do you have to sit on something when you drive, because I totally know some girls here who can relate to that, so you're not alone.

EDIT: How the hell is 4'11" handicapped? And ahahaha that means Jojo is technically handicapped. As if it wasn't obvious enough already.

Parker
02-21-2010, 11:27 PM
While I wouldn't park in the handicapped spots, the money thing is pretty cool.#

As for news that turned my life upside-down.....there is a local drunk/bum/jerk who saved like three people from a house fire. I was scared of him....but he was a hero!!

Madame Adequate
02-22-2010, 12:46 AM
I apparently qualify as visually impaired on account of my cataract in my left eye. I don't know what good it would do me to be officially recognized as such though, unless I intended to do something twattish like suing for discrimination if I get fired or something.

Oh shocking news. My dad died when I was 20; he was 37. He was not my favorite person in the world, and believe me when I tell you this went beyond teenage angst. It was rather unexpected and I had to come to terms with the fact that when there are serious issues between you and another person, you might not get the chance to resolve them. On the other hand I don't know if it would be wise to try forcing a resolution of things. It took years before me and my dad had even been able to start thinking about trying to sort things out and I honestly doubt that an earlier attempt would have made things any better.

Bunny
02-22-2010, 01:11 AM
EDIT: How the hell is 4'11" handicapped? And ahahaha that means Jojo is technically handicapped. As if it wasn't obvious enough already.

Technically?

Raistlin
02-22-2010, 01:27 AM
I was only talking physically; her mental disabilities have been well known for years.

Bunny
02-22-2010, 01:36 AM
Fair enough.

Vermachtnis
02-22-2010, 01:43 AM
I wish I could park in handicap spots. I don't mind walking actually, it's just so annoying on crowded days where there's no spots open exist the six or so in front of the doors.

rubah
02-22-2010, 02:16 AM
I'd rather park way out than cruise the lot for five minutes trying to find the one convenient open spot xD

My mom has a handicapped plate, which I have abused a few times, but it feels weird. Before she got it though, she got a ticket for parking in a handicapped spot at a ball game, so she got a temporary tag, and then the license plate. I had a feeling that anecdote was going to be more interesting, but either it was only interesting to me because it was my mom, or I have forgotten the punchline. Damnit.

Rye
02-22-2010, 10:47 AM
Yeah, I tend to park waaay out in the middle of nowhere in a parking lot, because I hate when people park next to my car, when it's clear that I've parked far away enough that there's no need to. It's always inevitable though that I'll park and they'll be dozens of spots open, but they take the one next to me.

And they always park too close, as if they didn't realize that I have a 2-door car, and I need extra room to open the door! *furyyyyy* :irked:

Rodarian
02-22-2010, 03:52 PM
Do you have to sit on something when you drive, because I totally know some girls here who can relate to that, so you're not alone.

Hahahaha she never did grow did she..

Plus I would take advantage at the gov. generous.....Oh and make sure you properly file your tax returns too!

Breine
02-22-2010, 09:56 PM

How much is that in centimeters?

Goldenboko
02-22-2010, 09:57 PM
So, I just found out that I'm legally short enough to get a handicapped sticker for my future car and that because I'm considered handicapped I can receive money from the government. Now I feel bad. I'm not handicapped and there's nothing wrong with me. ;.;
Have you ever received a piece of news that totally turned your world upside down or changed the way you thought about something?

I was the same height at 14, I got over that "handicap" area. Hoping for another 1-2 inches, don't worry about it! 14 is young!

rubah
02-23-2010, 01:15 AM

How much is that in centimeters?

4*12+10 = 58" *2.54 = 147 cm.

Unbreakable Will
02-23-2010, 06:26 PM
I am of the opinion that even though you are technically handicapped, there's really nothing wrong with you aside from being short and that you shouldn't take advantage of the money, but hell I don't know what I'd do in that situation so go for it.

Raistlin
02-24-2010, 12:50 AM
I am of the opinion that even though you are technically handicapped, there's really nothing wrong with you aside from being short...

Really? I'm sure she's gratified to hear such a novel opinion; some people might be of the opinion that being short is indicative of all sorts of other horrible deformities, like being Canadian.

Shlup
02-24-2010, 01:02 AM
Being short makes you more susceptible to herpes.

NorthernChaosGod
02-24-2010, 07:28 AM
Being short makes you a better height for... hiding in small places. :shifty:

Unbreakable Will
02-24-2010, 07:31 AM
I am of the opinion that even though you are technically handicapped, there's really nothing wrong with you aside from being short...

Really? I'm sure she's gratified to here such a novel opinion; some people might be of the opinion that being short is indicative of all sorts of other horrible deformities, like being Canadian.
Haha I didn't mean being short is bad or anything, nothing like being Canadian, I was really just stating the obvious lol.