PDA

View Full Version : Arctic air-con

Tokimadoushi
02-22-2010, 11:40 AM
I am currently sitting in my office. It is above 35 degrees Celsius outside. The aircon is on 18 degrees. I am still sweating.
Why doesn't someone invent an aircon that can go into the negatives? Because I really need that right now. Damn this sub-tropical climate. :eep:

Rye
02-22-2010, 11:48 AM
That sounds awful! I am so bad in the summer time when it's hot, I can't take any weather above about 25 C/75 F. ;_;

rubah
02-22-2010, 02:55 PM
All of the heat and humidity that you are removing from your office is going outside! Making it slightly more hot and more humid and much more tropical!

The best thing to do is to cool your inner temp, so drink a lot of ice water and eat some popsicles.

Pheesh
02-22-2010, 02:56 PM
It gets horrible in Australia aswell, I think insulation helps (which my house doesn't have Y-Y). I've actually got a festival to go to on sunday, and the forecast is 41 c

Rodarian
02-22-2010, 03:36 PM
You have no sympathies from me.. Come to Karachi and see how you feel when there is no electricity for an hour and your office generator also conks out.....

Mo-Nercy
02-23-2010, 02:50 PM
It gets horrible in Australia aswell, I think insulation helps (which my house doesn't have Y-Y). I've actually got a festival to go to on sunday, and the forecast is 41 c
If we've learnt anything from the political topic under the spotlight this past week, it's that insulation is BAD idea right now. 4 people dead. 93 reports of fires. :(

It was 40 the day before yesterday. I seriously considered going to my car and sleeping with the AC on but I knew it would be bad for petrol. So I couldn't get to sleep at all and went to uni all sleep deprived.

edit: oh, and I don't know about subzero airconditioning. I've never experienced weather below zero before, I'm guessing I won't be able to cop it. But maybe we could do like Homer did in The Simpsons when he built a little fort in front of an open refridgerator.

Pheesh
02-23-2010, 03:03 PM
If we've learnt anything from the political topic under the spotlight this past week, it's that insulation is BAD idea right now. 4 people dead. 93 reports of fires. :(

Ohh yeah, pretty bad. Well if there's any kind of insulation that would kill you I'm not surprised that it's government funded insulation. :mad:

Tokimadoushi
02-23-2010, 03:35 PM
You have no sympathies from me.. Come to Karachi and see how you feel when there is no electricity for an hour and your office generator also conks out.....

Meanie :(

I wish I had air con in my car! Bloody Fiat unos...I tend to recluse during summer because it is just too hot to drive anywhere here. I also tend to not sleep, eat, or work. In fact I should just cyro freeze myself until autumn.

Rye
02-23-2010, 05:07 PM
Rodarian is just being silly!

My car had no air-con either; but that's because it's broken. If I turn it on, my car's fuse blows. My dad finally figured out the solution, but he said it'll cost $600, so I've just been dealing with it for the past two summers out of guilt and cheapness. :x

Unbreakable Will
02-23-2010, 07:42 PM
I run an abnormally high temp, from 98-100 degrees, all the time so I'm always hot when its summer or even spring. ;~;

Mirage
02-23-2010, 08:02 PM
You aint gonna get any sympathy from me either, as long as I've got temperatures of -20 degrees celsius and 90%+ relative humidity.

:)

The snot in my nostrils freezes to ice every time i inhale.

PuPu
02-23-2010, 08:44 PM
I will give sympathy. Hot weather is much worse than cold weather.

Rodarian
02-23-2010, 08:52 PM
Rodarian is just being silly!

My car had no air-con either; but that's because it's broken. If I turn it on, my car's fuse blows. My dad finally figured out the solution, but he said it'll cost $600, so I've just been dealing with it for the past two summers out of guilt and cheapness. :x

Not this time! :greenie:

Oh and my car aircon has been conked out for months.... Now imagine me going home in a greenhouse of a car..... Gotta take it in to the Toyota dealership soon.. but unlike Rye, I'm making sure dad fits the $$......
Its 'his' car afterall....

Jessweeee♪
02-23-2010, 10:54 PM
I caught a cold in a building with AC that was too cold, once. We had to buy sweaters from them because we were going to be there awhile. Probably part of their evil plan.

Bunny
02-23-2010, 11:27 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about terrorists on planes in the Antarctic or something.

cloud21zidane16
02-24-2010, 01:00 AM
For once I actually wont mind when im uncomfortably hot because it really has been so long such we"ve had more than 2-3 days in a row of it now.

Shlup
02-24-2010, 01:04 AM
I've never heard the term "aircon" before.

I've had the heater on all day. xP

NorthernChaosGod
02-24-2010, 07:24 AM
I thought this thread was going to be about terrorists on planes in the Antarctic or something.

That would have been a much better thread than this.

Tokimadoushi
02-25-2010, 06:16 AM

Meanie! Lol

eestlinc
02-25-2010, 06:19 AM
if I want negative air conditioning, I can just open my window.

Shlup
02-25-2010, 06:41 AM

Meanie! Lol

You tell 'im. \o/

NorthernChaosGod
02-25-2010, 10:45 PM
I'm not mean. :colbert: