PDA

View Full Version : Murayama possibly hinting to return to Konami.

Wolf Kanno
02-23-2010, 10:18 AM
Link (http://www.bm.ai/modules/wordpress/index.php?p=65)

Here's a link to a translation. (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=386087)

Now some of you are probably wondering who the hell this guy is and why you should care. Murayama is the creator of Suikoden and left Konami (on good terms apparently) shorty before Suikoden III was released. To put this into perspective for you, it would be like Squenix asking Sakeguchi to come back.

Course this is all speculation cause Murayama doesn't name the company in question but apparently the words he used in his blog narrow the possibilities. Is it possible we may see a Suikoden VI and it will return to the story left off in Suikoden III? Ponder and speculate...

Jiro
02-23-2010, 12:19 PM
Isn't the second Suikoden supposedly the best in the series? If so, then this would be fantastic news.

Wolf Kanno
02-23-2010, 06:36 PM
I feel most of the Suikoden games are pretty good. My issue with the series is that its been making prequels since Murayama left. I want to go to Harmonia dammit :mad2:

Bunny
02-23-2010, 06:58 PM
Isn't the second Suikoden supposedly the best in the series? If so, then this would be fantastic news.

Suikoden II is generally considered to be the pinnacle of awesome gaming. Suikoden V was supposed to be the closest return to form since.

I hope he does return to Konami and more Suikoden games are made. I need more Viki in my life.

Bolivar
02-23-2010, 08:25 PM
I really gotta get into Suikoden. But 108 characters, damn...

Vermachtnis
02-23-2010, 08:37 PM
I just got into Suikoden relatively recently, but this is great news. I'd like a Suikoden VI and I'm grasping at straws here, but if a Suikoden VI does get announced they may release Suikoden I+II PSP over here.

Jiro
02-24-2010, 02:41 PM
I landed myself a copy of Suikoden V (however long ago it was) and I enjoyed it thoroughly so I'd be more than happy to see another instalment. The release of I & II on PSP would give me a chance to actually play them, which would be neat.

Wolf Kanno
02-25-2010, 04:06 AM
Have either game showed up on PSN yet? I'm still annoyed I have all the games except Suikoden II, even more annoying is that I have a friend who owns it and as far as I know still hasn't played it... I need to go to his apartment tonight and "acquire" his copy. :shifty:

Really, its an excellent series, one of the best series to emerge out of the PS1 era and one of the few RPG series really geared towards older players.

Kyros
02-25-2010, 06:23 PM
The first two Suikoden games were awesome. I never played III, and I thought IV was pretty terrible since I didnt even realize I was fighting the last boss till the game's ending sequence after the fight since it was so easy and had nothing at all to hint it was a climactic moment. I didn't have my weapons near maxed out and didn't do half of the sidequest stuff but screw going back to it and it's slow boring pace with you taking 20 mins to sail to the next location.

Alucard von Elru
03-02-2010, 01:37 AM
Have either game showed up on PSN yet?

Both, in Japan! :/ The first game is available on the U.S. PSN, at least. If the second finally gets over here, then maybe it can finally quit commanding such exceedingly high prices on ebay. Or at least, we'll have a reason to not care about them. I'm hopeful that we'll see it, though. We finally got Grandia on PSN now! More PS1 RPGs, please.

Also, this would be awesome. I've been aching for a, you know, progression since Suikoden III. Not that prequels are "regressive" per se, but I think enough is enough.

Raistlin
03-02-2010, 02:08 AM
That would be awesome news. Suikoden II is still my favorite video game ever. However, the series (except for Suikoden IV) really was not hurt too much by his absence; Suikoden III and V are both really good games. As far as I'm concerned, the series has maintained its status as the best RPG series.

I would absolutely love to see Suikoden VI.

Wolf Kanno
03-02-2010, 05:34 AM
Have either game showed up on PSN yet?

Both, in Japan! :/ The first game is available on the U.S. PSN, at least. If the second finally gets over here, then maybe it can finally quit commanding such exceedingly high prices on ebay. Or at least, we'll have a reason to not care about them. I'm hopeful that we'll see it, though. We finally got Grandia on PSN now! More PS1 RPGs, please.

Also, this would be awesome. I've been aching for a, you know, progression since Suikoden III. Not that prequels are "regressive" per se, but I think enough is enough.

Damn, I own Suikoden I already...

Also, HOLY CRAP YOU'RE BACK!!! Nice to see you again. :cool:

Madame Adequate
03-02-2010, 09:15 AM
That would be awesome news. Suikoden II is still my favorite video game ever. However, the series (except for Suikoden IV) really was not hurt too much by his absence; Suikoden III and V are both really good games. As far as I'm concerned, the series has maintained its status as the best RPG series.

I would absolutely love to see Suikoden VI.

Agreed completely.

On the prequel issue, V wasn't a big problem for me because it was relatively close to the start of I so some characters could return. But I do want to see what happens after the events of III!

Alucard von Elru
03-02-2010, 05:44 PM
Also, HOLY CRAP YOU'RE BACK!!! Nice to see you again. :cool:

Nice to see you remember me! XD Life had gotten the wrong kind of interesting. It's great to be back! :)