PDA

View Full Version : Some guy's avatar on YouTube

Mercen-X
02-23-2010, 06:51 PM
Does anybody know who this is? I don't care about the YouTube guy, I want to know who the character is supposed to be.

My only guess is that he must be from some anime.

Mo-Nercy
02-24-2010, 02:35 PM
The fringe looks like Cloud's (Advent Children style) , but I don't think there's any gravity defying spikes happening. Sorry, I'm clutching at straws here.

G13
02-25-2010, 04:12 AM
Why don't you send him a message and ask him?

Mercen-X
02-25-2010, 09:49 PM
I don't know how to contact YouTubers.

Momiji
02-25-2010, 09:53 PM
Then you didn't look.

Click someone's name, and on their channel page, there is a 'send message' link under the 'Subscribe' button.

Mercen-X
03-04-2010, 05:06 PM
I don't want to have to Subscribe.

Old Manus
03-04-2010, 05:57 PM
It looks like you've got no choice. You're going to have to watch every anime in history and cross reference every androgynous spikey-haired character (ie. all of them)

Momiji
03-04-2010, 07:55 PM
I don't want to have to Subscribe.

Did you even read what I said? The link is under the Subscribe button. You don't have to subscribe to the person.

Look, I'll show you.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/righthere.png

See that link with the rectangle around it there? Click that. You'll have to sign in to your YouTube or Google account to send a message though.

It seems that this is your only choice, because let's face it-- as Manus said, you'd have to browse through countless anime shows for this particular generic spiky-headed character-- if he is from an anime at all. There's always the possibility that he's from a game or manga, or is someone's independent creation.

Mercen-X
03-04-2010, 09:33 PM
I don't even remember what video I watched anyway, much less the guy to whom the avatar belongs.
I'm screwed regardless.

G13
03-04-2010, 11:50 PM
:headdesk:

I Took the Red Pill
03-05-2010, 12:27 AM
looks like wartortle to me bro

leader of mortals
03-05-2010, 01:31 AM
I don't even remember what video I watched anyway, much less the guy to whom the avatar belongs.
I'm screwed regardless.

So you saved the picture, but you don't remember the video you saw when you saved it?

Vermachtnis
03-05-2010, 02:42 AM
Looks like Isaac from Golden Sun to me.

Vyk
03-05-2010, 04:24 AM
Look at the picture's file's info and get the date, and check your history for that date ;D hit up all the youtube links that show up

JKTrix
03-05-2010, 04:49 AM
The Vocaloid character Kagamine Len. Fan arts of characters don't necessarily stick to the same designs as the original, so you may have someone draw him like this (http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o98/sakura_natalie06/rin_art_00.jpg) (with his twin sister Rin) and then have someone else draw him like this. (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=8202377)

Vocaloid is a voice synthesizing music program. You can probably find several 'songs' created by people being sung by the Vocaloid characters, which include (most popularly) Hatsune Miku, Kagamine Len and Rin, Megurine Luka, or older versions MEIKO and KAITO. It's quite a phenomenon in Japan, and fans have created their own versions of Vocaloid characters. But so far, only those are the official ones.

Here's one of the more popular songs that feature Len's voice: Fire Flower (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myEsj-qf73A).

Really though, that avatar design is juuust generic and small enough to be anyone. I think it's most likely to be the Vocaloid dude though.

Shoeberto
03-05-2010, 04:50 AM
It looks like you've got no choice. You're going to have to watch every anime in history and cross reference every androgynous spikey-haired character (ie. all of them)
Everyone other than Manus is wrong and stupid idiots and you should just resign yourself to this personal hell which you created by saving that image. I'm sorry but it really is the only way. If only you had considered the ramifications of your decision. If it is any compensation, you will only have to watch every anime series up until the day you posted this thread and not any released afterwards unless the Youtube user was a time traveler in which case you're really screwed.

JKTrix
03-05-2010, 05:20 AM
If it is any compensation, you will only have to watch every anime series up until the day you posted this thread and not any released afterwards unless the Youtube user was a time traveler in which case you're really screwed.

Unfortunately he doesn't get off that easy, because 90% of anime made comes from books or games or manga. So there might be a game or book or manga with this character that already exists without an anime yet.

So, pretty screwed.

If Mercen-X just wanted to get sexy pictures of a blonde kid though, my recommendation is likely to get him the most results. I don't think Isaac from Golden Sun is nearly as popular as him.

Jessweeee♪
03-05-2010, 05:43 AM
Hahaha wouldn't it be funny if it were someone's "original" character featured in their DA works and perhaps the occasional fan fiction?

rubah
03-05-2010, 05:44 AM
You could always try this
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. (http://www.youtube.com/my_history)

Mercen-X
03-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Looks like Isaac from Golden Sun to me.

The Vocaloid character Kagamine Len.

Everyone other than Manus is wrong. I'm sorry but it really is the only way. If only you had considered the ramifications of your decision.

Hahaha wouldn't it be funny if it were someone's "original" character featured in their DA works and perhaps the occasional fan fiction?All are plausible within the realm of possibility...

Old Manus
03-08-2010, 04:49 PM
http://www.nd.edu/~sgordeye/thinker.gif

Mercen-X
03-08-2010, 06:49 PM
I've given up. I officially declare the pic to be of Isaac as a Vocaloid... PS... I've started to appreciate Vocaloid. Somebody execute this thread.