PDA

View Full Version : So I have a dumb question

PuPu
02-24-2010, 04:20 AM
I know that when guys are hit between the legs, it hurts a lot more than getting hit in any other part of the body. But when a girl gets hit in between the legs, does it hurt significantly more than getting hit on another part of the body? I mean, obviously getting hit anywhere on the body hurts, but does it hurt more when getting hit in between the legs for girls too?

Bunny
02-24-2010, 04:23 AM
I have accidentally hit my girlfriend between her legs and she just about cried. It wasn't even very hard, just an accidental knee to the crouch. She doesn't let me forget it either. I asked her afterwards if she felt like throwing up (like most guys tell me they feel like afterwards) and she said "yes, but only for a quick second".

I've checked several times and she doesn't have a secret penis.

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-24-2010, 04:27 AM
I hear that a good punch to the boob hurts quite a bit.

Shlup
02-24-2010, 04:29 AM
I seriously doubt it hurts as much as a guy getting hit, but it does hurt a lot. A lot of is has to do with the flesh being up against bone, not like getting hit in the stomach where there's just those unimportant organs.

Sensitive flesh up against bone... yup, definite potential for pain.

ETA: Yeah, a punch to the boob will hurt. A nice firm finger-stab to the boob will hurt a lot too.

Bunny
02-24-2010, 04:30 AM
ETA: Yeah, a punch to the boob will hurt. A nice firm finger-stab to the boob will hurt a lot too.

Just gonna leave this here.

Edit: Cheater!

Yeargdribble
02-24-2010, 06:32 AM
Obviously I seem quite biased, but I doubt there is any equivalent pain on a woman to a man getting nut-kicked. Sure a good poke to the boob is quite painful according to my wife, but it takes an very small amount of pressure to a testicle to cause discomfort. Anything beyond very slight pressure is gut wrenching and being kicked there will incapacitate you for an extended period of time as the pain reaches up through your stomach almost pulling at your lungs.

There's simply nothing else like it. I'm sure there's a solid evolutionary reason for this considering from the evolutionary perspective nothing is more important than passing on those genes.

Shiny
02-24-2010, 07:08 AM
I've been kicked in the crotch. I've also had a large rock fall on my crotch by accident...long story. Neither of these things hurt significantly though I did have a boo boo.

Goldenboko
02-24-2010, 11:57 AM
I've been kicked in the crotch. I've also had a large rock fall on my crotch by accident...long story.

I have time.

Flying Mullet
02-24-2010, 12:16 PM
I've been kicked in the crotch. I've also had a large rock fall on my crotch by accident...long story.

I have time.
So do I.

Jiro
02-24-2010, 12:23 PM
I think we all have time enough for this one.

Slothy
02-24-2010, 01:19 PM
There's simply nothing else like it. I'm sure there's a solid evolutionary reason for this considering from the evolutionary perspective nothing is more important than passing on those genes.

I'm pretty sure the evolutionary reason is that our dangly bits are on the outside so we need incentive to not mash them with a rock. :D

A friend of mine whipped a tennis ball at me from a few feet away once and hit me square in the nads. I couldn't even get up for the first five-ten minutes, and I couldn't even walk without excrutiating pain for about an hour.

I have to agree, I don't think there's anything comparable on a woman's body. I know there are some sensitive parts like the breasts (among others), but I've never seen a woman completely incapacitated because someone elbowed her in the boob.

qwertysaur
02-24-2010, 02:44 PM
The more nerves in an area, the more sensitive it is :p

rubah
02-24-2010, 02:57 PM
One of my nephews hasn't really grasped the idea of anatomy, so when I'm chasing or tickling him, he'll try to punch me in the nads. I mean, it hurts, but not like he expects it to 8) so I pretend it didn't at all.

Cuchulainn
02-24-2010, 03:53 PM
One of my nephews hasn't really grasped the idea of anatomy, so when I'm chasing or tickling him, he'll try to punch me in the nads. I mean, it hurts, but not like he expects it to 8) so I pretend it didn't at all.

you do know nads means bollocks right?

Bunny
02-24-2010, 04:06 PM

Clearly he is doing something far more nefarious under the guise of child-like innocence.

Jessweeee♪
02-24-2010, 04:21 PM
Yeah, it hurts a lot but it looks so much more painful for men. I think all we can do to top that is having a limb severed or give birth. And yeah, boob punching hurts too. Especially during that time ;_;

rubah
02-24-2010, 06:48 PM

Um, yes, I do know that. My nephew tries to punch me in the testicles because he knows that works well on his brothers. It does not work well on me because I do not have testicles. He does not understand that girls do not have testicles. That is why he tries to hit me in them.

Alternatively, no, I do not know that. Your queer UK slang is foreign to me. Nads means gonads means genitalia. Bollocks might be some sort of cattle. idk

Rye
02-24-2010, 06:49 PM
Hurts much more to get a boobie punch. :kaocry:

Raistlin
02-24-2010, 07:33 PM
I'm sure there's a solid evolutionary reason for this considering from the evolutionary perspective nothing is more important than passing on those genes.

Male testes dropped to be kept at room temperature, because better insulated, internal reproductive organs would be at 98.6. I'm not entirely sure about precisely why that's beneficial, but I am pretty sure that's the main reason it happened.

Rye
02-24-2010, 07:37 PM
Too hot = sterility, apparently. I think that's why chicken pox are dangerous for an adult man to catch; the fever it brings is severe and lasts for a while, which can result in inflammation and sterility. Or so I've read!

02-24-2010, 07:45 PM
I'm sure there's a solid evolutionary reason for this considering from the evolutionary perspective nothing is more important than passing on those genes.

Male testes dropped to be kept at room temperature, because better insulated, internal reproductive organs would be at 98.6. I'm not entirely sure about precisely why that's beneficial, but I am pretty sure that's the main reason it happened.

Because to make proper, viable non-deformed sperm, your testes have to be at the right temperature. Slight change either way will make them turn out deformed. If I recall correctly, nearly half of male sperm are deformed, however it serves a reproductive utility. The deformed sperm acts like a buffer in the acidic environment of the vagina, thus protecting the viable sperm from being destroyed, giving it more of a chance to successfully create a zygote.

Raistlin
02-24-2010, 07:57 PM
Well duh, our system requires room temperature; I just said that. :p What I meant was that reproductive organs used to be entirely internal, so there is likely some beneficial reason for sperm to have evolved that way, to require room temperature, to begin with. Which is what I don't know.

EDIT: Actually, TSoL, that might be the answer: this evolution would allow for having a system which produces both viable sperm and the deformed "buffer" sperm, which would (presumably) increase the likelihood of fertilization.

02-24-2010, 08:03 PM
Yeah, I figured you knew the previous part, but I'm just long-winded and sometimes like to give a preamble to what I say. Sorry if it came off the wrong way. :s

My point was more of the buffer-thing. :D

Cuchulainn
02-24-2010, 08:38 PM
Um, yes, I do know that. My nephew tries to punch me in the testicles because he knows that works well on his brothers. It does not work well on me because I do not have testicles. He does not understand that girls do not have testicles. That is why he tries to hit me in them.

Alternatively, no, I do not know that. Your queer UK slang is foreign to me. Nads means gonads means genitalia. Bollocks might be some sort of cattle. idk

I Get You now Alie!

bollocks is an old word for them, older than testicles.

The word has a long and distinguished history, with the Oxford English Dictionary (OED) giving examples of its usage dating back to the 13th century. One of the early references is John Wycliffe's Bible (1382), Leviticus xxii, 24: "Al beeste, that ... kitt and taken a wey the ballokes is, ye shulen not offre to the Lord..." (any beast that is cut and taken away the bollocks, you shall not offer to the Lord, i.e. castrated animals are not suitable as religious sacrifices).

The OED states (with abbreviations expanded): "Probably a derivative of Teutonic ball-, of which the Old English representative would be inferred as beall-u, -a, or -e".

The Teutonic ball- in turn probably derives from the Proto-Indo-European base *bhel-, to inflate or swell. This base also forms the root of many other words, including "phallus".

From the seventeenth to the nineteenth century, bollocks or ballocks was allegedly used as a slang term for a clergyman, although this meaning is not mentioned by the OED's 1989 edition. For example, in 1864, the Commanding Officer of the Straits Fleet regularly referred to his chaplain as "Ballocks". It has been suggested that bollocks came to have its modern meaning of "nonsense" because clergymen were notorious for talking nonsense during their sermons.

In 1977, Professor James Kingsley, a famous linguistics professor at the University of Nottingham, had accredited the word to be used in the early eighteenth century with the Roman Catholic Church priests. His studies show that the actual word "bollocks" means either a 'priest', or 'rubbish spoken by the priest'. Often, there were priests in the early eighteenth century who generally spoke rubbish, which is how the term "bollocks" became associated with verbal diarrhoea. The conviction came from the fact that Professor James Kingsley himself was a reverend and had been doing linguistic history research all his life

NorthernChaosGod
02-24-2010, 09:15 PM
Because to make proper, viable non-deformed sperm, your testes have to be at the right temperature. Slight change either way will make them turn out deformed. If I recall correctly, nearly half of male sperm are deformed, however it serves a reproductive utility. The deformed sperm acts like a buffer in the acidic environment of the vagina, thus protecting the viable sperm from being destroyed, giving it more of a chance to successfully create a zygote.

I learned something new today, kudos.

Bunny
02-25-2010, 12:06 AM
The word has a long and distinguished history, with the Oxford English Dictionary (OED) giving examples of its usage dating back to the 13th century. One of the early references is John Wycliffe's Bible (1382), Leviticus xxii, 24: "Al beeste, that ... kitt and taken a wey the ballokes is, ye shulen not offre to the Lord..." (any beast that is cut and taken away the bollocks, you shall not offer to the Lord, i.e. castrated animals are not suitable as religious sacrifices).

The OED states (with abbreviations expanded): "Probably a derivative of Teutonic ball-, of which the Old English representative would be inferred as beall-u, -a, or -e".

The Teutonic ball- in turn probably derives from the Proto-Indo-European base *bhel-, to inflate or swell. This base also forms the root of many other words, including "phallus".

From the seventeenth to the nineteenth century, bollocks or ballocks was allegedly used as a slang term for a clergyman, although this meaning is not mentioned by the OED's 1989 edition. For example, in 1864, the Commanding Officer of the Straits Fleet regularly referred to his chaplain as "Ballocks". It has been suggested that bollocks came to have its modern meaning of "nonsense" because clergymen were notorious for talking nonsense during their sermons.

In 1977, Professor James Kingsley, a famous linguistics professor at the University of Nottingham, had accredited the word to be used in the early eighteenth century with the Roman Catholic Church priests. His studies show that the actual word "bollocks" means either a 'priest', or 'rubbish spoken by the priest'. Often, there were priests in the early eighteenth century who generally spoke rubbish, which is how the term "bollocks" became associated with verbal diarrhoea. The conviction came from the fact that Professor James Kingsley himself was a reverend and had been doing linguistic history research all his life

Unfortunately, all of this is bunk because they're Brits.

BG-57
02-27-2010, 03:01 PM
I wonder if it has to do with mammals being warm blooded. Reptiles use internal fertilization but have a much lower body temperature. It doesn't explain about birds, unless it's an evolutionary divergance.

I would imagine a knee to the groin would be painful to either sex, considering how many nerve endings are there. The diagram on the right details the proportion of brain tissue that processes sensory information from each body part. This also explains why a paper cut is so painful, since you damage a lot of nerve endings that are close together.

Rebellious Eagle
02-27-2010, 06:10 PM
Doesn't hurt for me unless I'm sparring in taekwondo and someone just really feels like beating me up for no reason. Then it hurts, obviously.

Rodarian
02-27-2010, 08:45 PM
I think we all have time enough for this one.

Start talking Shiny....

Reminds me of MK where u try that crotch move to Sonya and she's not even affected even a lil bit...

Of course ripping her heart out from her breast is not so nice!:eep:

rubah
02-28-2010, 05:55 AM
That's an interesting diagram, BG-57. Is there a link to go along with it?

blackmage_nuke
02-28-2010, 06:38 AM

I thought nads was short for gonads which is a scientific term refering to both testicles and ovaries.

Meat Puppet
02-28-2010, 07:14 AM
In my personal experience, I’ll take a smack in the balls rather than a blow to the head any day. Maybe it’s just me, but the latter seems to hurt a lot more. *shrug*

NorthernChaosGod
02-28-2010, 07:24 AM

I thought nads was short for gonads which is a scientific term refering to both testicles and ovaries.

It is.

BG-57
02-28-2010, 05:33 PM
That's an interesting diagram, BG-57. Is there a link to go along with it?

It's a scan from an antomy textbook I use in my classes. I can look up the title if you like.

It is.

Yeah gonads start out as the same mass of undifferentiated tissue and then depending on hormone levels they become testes or ovaries. Testes start out in the same general position as ovaries then descend into the scrotum later.

BardTard
02-28-2010, 08:29 PM
I hear it does, but luckily I've never been hit there, so I wouldn't know how much it hurts.

Madame Adequate
02-28-2010, 11:39 PM
In my personal experience, I’ll take a smack in the balls rather than a blow to the head any day. Maybe it’s just me, but the latter seems to hurt a lot more. *shrug*

I'd also go with this, though not because of the pain. I think being smacked in the goolies is worse by far, but I have an absolutely deathly fear of getting my skull cracked. Something about the concept of that injury scares the absolute bejeezus out of me.

I don't presume to speak for any women here but from what little I've witnessed, a solid knee in the vajayjay is going to incapacitate a woman about as well as it will a guy, but she'll recover a good deal faster. We, on the other hand, will probably feel breathless, nauseous, and have a hell of a lot of kidney pain to go along with it. Boobie punches seem to hurt a hell of a lot lot as well but they don't seem to have that incapacitating power that gynies do. Again, just speaking anecdotally from my limited data pool.

NorthernChaosGod
02-28-2010, 11:58 PM
I would definitely take a shot to the head rather than the nuts, I'd rather get a head injury than a burst testicle or something. :onoes:

Madame Adequate
03-01-2010, 12:47 AM
Brains can invent replacement knackers or clone you or something. Gulbenes can't make replacement brains that you can actually use for your own purposes.

Medi
03-01-2010, 02:43 AM
That same diagram is in my own Anatomy & Physiology textbook. So I don't think it's a matter of the amount of nerve endings, but more so the general structure of the testicle.

Let's put it this way. You know how it is to be poked in the eye? Imagine your eyeballs are hanging in a sack and get punched and crushed against themselves. But perhaps more painful.

NorthernChaosGod
03-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Brains can invent replacement knackers or clone you or something. Gulbenes can't make replacement brains that you can actually use for your own purposes.

But they're not my balls.

black orb
03-06-2010, 07:14 PM
>>> Obviously you have never been kicked in the balls..:luca:

rubah
03-06-2010, 07:50 PM
I'm glad you guys got all that pedantry out of your systems :heart:

the point remains, Aiden isn't very good at fighting girls.

Shoeberto
03-06-2010, 07:55 PM
I'm glad you guys got all that pedantry out of your systems :heart:

the point remains, Aiden isn't very good at fighting girls.
His style primarily relies on getting up on furniture and jumping on people. I don't think he's really that great at fighting anyone. He'd make a great WWE wrestler, though.

rubah
03-06-2010, 07:57 PM
You are not allowed to breathe that idea to anyone until he's graduated college thanks to the lottery scholarship.

Moon Rabbits
03-06-2010, 08:08 PM
That same diagram is in my own Anatomy & Physiology textbook. So I don't think it's a matter of the amount of nerve endings, but more so the general structure of the testicle.

Let's put it this way. You know how it is to be poked in the eye? Imagine your eyeballs are hanging in a sack and get punched and crushed against themselves. But perhaps more painful.

this this methink. i think if female genitalia were uh ... arranged a bit differently it would hurt just as well.

i have the same diagram in my psychology textbook :jess:

Quindiana Jones
03-06-2010, 08:15 PM

I have time.
So do I.

In my head, she's getting People's Elbowed by The Rock.

vinnie's mini's
03-06-2010, 11:33 PM
From my expirence it hurts a lot more to get hit between the legs during my period - I don't know if this is just me or whether its like it for other girls too.

I really have to agree with boobie punching (or anything else for that matter) being painful :(

NorthernChaosGod
03-06-2010, 11:52 PM

I have time.
So do I.

In my head, she's getting People's Elbowed by The Rock.

Now I see it, and it's awesome.

Meat Puppet
03-07-2010, 12:51 AM
I’ve probably had more kicks to the balls than you’ve had hot dinners. I’d say it’s a fair bet that I’m sterile.

black orb
03-07-2010, 01:07 AM
I’ve probably had more kicks to the balls than you’ve had hot dinners. I’d say it’s a fair bet that I’m sterile.
>>> Then you have never took a blow to the head..:luca:
About being sterile, see the bright side you wont have to pay for a vasectomy..

Vyk
03-07-2010, 01:18 AM
I remember a comedian talking about this on a morning talk show on the radio. One of the memorable comments he made was that if a guy puts his underwear on too fast, that's a sick day :P A little exaggerated, but unfortunately not by much. Even the slightest tap sucks so much. You get used to it with age and can learn to ignore the minor stuff. But they're still sensitive as hell. It sucks

Quindiana Jones
03-07-2010, 01:20 AM
Hey I'm gonna throw one out here. I've been kicked in the balls a good few times, and only a handful of them have been paralysing. Mostly I can shrug it off with a grunt. :smug:

NorthernChaosGod
03-07-2010, 02:04 AM
Man, I got a damn love tap on my happy sack yesterday and I was floored for like five minutes. Ugh, I hate when the pain radiates upwards and then I feel sick.

It was awful.

Bunny
03-07-2010, 06:16 AM
I have a question that may rival the stupidity of the original question.

How exactly does one get kicked, punch, or otherwise hit in the nuts? It has never happened to me and I'm wondering what you people do to make it happen to you.

Tavrobel
03-07-2010, 06:20 AM
Be an asshole. How else?

rubah
03-07-2010, 06:23 AM
The most vivid example I remember was in fifth grade. The dudes were playing football, and one guy got caught in the groin.

"Mrs. Fryar, I got hit... down there..."

*all the girls titter wildly*

Bunny
03-07-2010, 06:24 AM
Titter.

X-Rated Twitter?

NorthernChaosGod
03-07-2010, 07:13 AM
I have a question that may rival the stupidity of the original question.

How exactly does one get kicked, punch, or otherwise hit in the nuts? It has never happened to me and I'm wondering what you people do to make it happen to you.

Two words: cup check. :cry:

BG-57
03-07-2010, 02:16 PM
Titter.

X-Rated Twitter?

It means to giggle.

Mirage
03-07-2010, 04:37 PM
Getting hit in the balls sure does hurt, but don't count on it to stop a guy that's trying to attack you. Chances are he's gonna recover pretty fast and then he'll be totally fucking pissed off at you.

Pheesh
03-07-2010, 04:40 PM
You could always just kick him in the balls again. I'm pretty sure he'd be slow to his feet that time.

Raistlin
03-07-2010, 05:01 PM
I got hit accidentally while playing soccer once in high school; that was the worst time, as I had to sit out for a few minutes. Otherwise it's never happened to me before.

It seems like for a lot of guys it happens to them by being retarded and having retarded friends who think of it as some sort of game.

Rantz
03-07-2010, 05:04 PM
Kicking me in the crotch will only serve to give you a fractured leg. :smug:

Tavrobel
03-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Balls of steel?

Or are you assuming that whoever kicks you will have a pre-existing bone density complication?

Raistlin
03-07-2010, 05:13 PM
Maybe he has a big brother who will fracture their legs in response while he's collapsed on the ground.

Rantz
03-07-2010, 05:49 PM
I was referring to the ironlike solidity of my nether regions thankyouverymuch :nonono:

Bunny
03-07-2010, 08:19 PM
Titter.

X-Rated Twitter?

It means to giggle.

Yes, I know.

Zeldy
03-07-2010, 10:33 PM
I have never been hit there or poked in the boob. what's wrong with you people. I saw a lad get absolutely ko-ed though, he was hit so hard in the crotch a nurse had to come and wheel him away!

NeoCracker
03-07-2010, 10:47 PM
Me and my buddys use to play 'squirrel tag'. Twas a game that happened any time, any where outside of public locations. The goal was to unexpectedly hit the other mans crotch.

My favorite point was doing it to my buddy while on the phone with the girl he had a crush on. As he writhed in pain on my floor, I took the phone and talked to her until he recovered. XD

Zeldy
03-07-2010, 10:51 PM
My favorite point was doing it to my buddy while on the phone with the girl he had a crush on. As he writhed in pain on my floor, I took the phone and talked to her until he recovered. XD

That's just mean. :colbert:

NeoCracker
03-07-2010, 10:52 PM

That's just mean. :colbert:

I know, isn't it great? :love:

Besides, he would have done it to me to. ;P

Tavrobel
03-08-2010, 12:01 AM

I think your friend needs to invest in a better friend.

rubah
03-08-2010, 01:51 AM
I probably would've played baseball forever with the boys instead of changing to softball, if they hadn't all started about cups around third grade, and teasing me for not wearing one. wtf third graders >:[

Raistlin
03-08-2010, 03:05 AM
It seems like for a lot of guys it happens to them by being retarded and having retarded friends who think of it as some sort of game.

Me and my buddys use to play 'squirrel tag'. Twas a game that happened any time, any where outside of public locations. The goal was to unexpectedly hit the other mans crotch.

Case in point.

PuPu
03-08-2010, 03:18 AM
I was referring to the ironlike solidity of my nether regions thankyouverymuch :nonono:

And here I thought you were referring to something like this. (http://www.rollerhockeymonkey.com/shockdoctor-protective-cup-titan-adult.html)

You have a very loose definition of the word friend.

NorthernChaosGod
03-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Getting hit in the balls sure does hurt, but don't count on it to stop a guy that's trying to attack you. Chances are he's gonna recover pretty fast and then he'll be totally smurfing pissed off at you.
Well, if a guy's attacking you he probably has some adrenaline going. That kind of changes things.

Lulz.