PDA

View Full Version : I'm my own MILF?!?!?!?!?

Rad Bromance
02-24-2010, 04:36 AM
I've seen some usernames here on EoFF, and I've been curious as to how the were thought up!

Tell us the story behind your handle! :D

Mine? Well, it should be fairly obvious. I like Lady Gaga, and I like anagrams, and I like Bromances! So Bad Romance becomes Rad Bromance. :greenie:

PuPu
02-24-2010, 04:37 AM
Me and Goldenboko had a joke going on with the blue alien from FF8 at the time.

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-24-2010, 04:38 AM
I love summoners and my favourite summon is Leviathan. :D

Bunny
02-24-2010, 04:38 AM
Bunny (http://bunny-comic.com/).

G13
02-24-2010, 04:54 AM
X was the first FF I ever played and I liked what Guardians represented. That and Guardians of the Flame was my favorite book series at the time. XIII came from a fascination with roman numerals, brought on from playing FF, and 13 being my favorite number.

Shlup
02-24-2010, 04:56 AM
I... don't really know. I just wanted something that was like never taken anywhere that didn't resort to numbers. This is just how my mind works.

Vermachtnis
02-24-2010, 05:16 AM
Way way long ago I was Omni Legacy. Then I got bored of the name and changed it Vermachtnis, which is German for Legacy. Plus it has a V and V is the coolest letter.

eestlinc
02-24-2010, 05:20 AM
I... don't really know. I just wanted something that was like never taken anywhere that didn't resort to numbers. This is just how my mind works.
That was a big part of my motivation as well.

Momiji
02-24-2010, 05:21 AM
Autumn is my favorite season, and I'm fascinated with Japanese stuff. ('momiji' = maple or autumn colors)

*shrug*

Xaven
02-24-2010, 05:26 AM
I was 13, and put some letters together. One of them was an X. And yes, Vs are neato, Vermachtnis.

I've said this before, but I happen to share the user name with a not-so-prevalent furry artist. He likes wolves.

Jessweeee♪
02-24-2010, 05:44 AM
I'd been using Jesse1 since I was eleven years old, so I made a thread here some time ago like, "'kay you guys pick my name go!" and someone suggested Jessweeee. I tacked a note on the end to make it pretty :3

KentaRawr!
02-24-2010, 06:00 AM
Kentarou was the name I gave to my FOmar in PSO on the Gamecube! I saw the name in the FFX manual.

Meat Puppet
02-24-2010, 06:04 AM
I love penises.

Yeargdribble
02-24-2010, 06:08 AM
Nuklear Power » Archive » Episode 181: Monsters Are Weird Lookin’ (http://www.nuklearpower.com/2002/08/06/episode-181-monsters-are-weird-lookin/)

A friend and I in college used to find this particular bit of onomatopoeia quite humorous and say it here and there. Eventually I stole it and basically use it everywhere. I used to use different names, but this one finally ended up perfect. You wanna find me on Steam, XBox Live, PSN, in an MMO, any forum, etc.... this is the name to look for. Occasionally it's too long and I can just use Yearg, but I've yet to have found this name taken or had to add numbers to it.

NOTE: Those with a good memory may recall when I had the matching avatar.

Marshall Banana
02-24-2010, 06:10 AM
YouTube - Cowboy Bebop - Session 23 - Brain Scratch PT2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-dVDtrY26g)

Cowboy Bebop is the first anime I ever completed. :kaoplain:

Pheesh
02-24-2010, 06:16 AM
It sounded flashy and mysterious at the time. But this is really the only forum where I still use this handle.

Raistlin
02-24-2010, 06:20 AM
Raistlin is a character from the DragonLance fantasy series, and one of my favorite fictional characters ever. I was trying to think up a screen name for another message board over 10 years ago and I had just finished reading a DL book, so the name "Raistlin" just happened to come to mind. It just stuck.

Xaven
02-24-2010, 06:35 AM
YouTube - Cowboy Bebop - Session 23 - Brain Scratch PT2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-dVDtrY26g)
Daaata, daaata, booogus daaata~!

I like your name's origin. I am quite jealous, even.

Rase
02-24-2010, 06:36 AM
Ryan + Chase.

Exciting, no?

Shoeberto
02-24-2010, 06:38 AM
Years ago, I changed my name to Hsu from Zell 007.
Agent Proto PMed me saying he would start calling me Shoe, like Dan 'Shoe' Hsu of EGM, and it stuck in my head.
In early high school, my friends and I messed around with each other's names constantly, coming up with interesting derivatives.
I'm not sure if "Franz Shoebert" or "Shoeberto Ramirez" came first, but regardless, Shoeberto has been my handle almost everywhere since about 2004. I only just recently had it changed here. I like it because it's very rare for it to ever be taken anywhere.

I Took the Red Pill
02-24-2010, 06:55 AM
huh, interesting thread. learned a lot of stuff I never really stopped to think about. as for me, I don't really remember, I think I just wanted to pick something that sounded kewl. although it is hard to get much cooler than Braska's Final Aeon. 8-)

NorthernChaosGod
02-24-2010, 07:02 AM
I was really into black metal at the time I came up with this nick, I got the idea from throwing together different ideas from a couple different songs.

You're a strange one, Shlup.

Unbreakable Will
02-24-2010, 07:09 AM
It was horribly cliche, yet spoke of greatness. What more could you ask for?

Cuchulainn
02-24-2010, 11:38 AM
I'm Irish and from Ulaidh, Cú Cuchulainn is a legendary hero here with his killing of dogs, bulls & half brothers Setanta was the warrior of warriors. He's been my hero from childhood & I've him tattooed on my arm.

....all this was well before FF XII decided to piss all over his good name & call a fat summon Cuchulainn, I still don't get how they chose that name.

Psychotic
02-24-2010, 12:57 PM
Because the name "Reno" was taken. I would've been such a badass Turk motherfucker otherwise. Now I'm just the forum gimp, Psychotic. Oh, what could've been. :(

Slothy
02-24-2010, 01:12 PM
Wanted Vivi on another forum but it was taken. In a flash of inspiration I decided to slap a number after it. 22 was easy to remember. Now I've just been using it so long that it's kind of stuck now and I use it everywhere. Though I did recently change my name on Steam and dropped the 22 (pretty sure my Steam ID is still Vivi22 though).

Jiro
02-24-2010, 01:15 PM
Wanted to try something a little more original and it just popped into my head. But apparently it's not quite as original as I'd've liked - there are still plenty of places with Jiros. Also there are quite a few relatively famous people with Jiro as either their first or surname.

Mo-Nercy
02-24-2010, 01:18 PM
With my classic handle of Al Bhed³ way back in 2002, I blew everyone's mind. My ³ was pretty much 8 years ahead of Avatar.

I can't remember now where Mo-Nercy came from, but when I changed the name the first time, I kept the ³ (Mo-Nercy³). I remember someone said it was stupid (think it was Del :() so I ditched the ³.

Since then Mo-Nercy and derivatives of it have become my nick/handle/login for just about everything.

Breine
02-24-2010, 02:27 PM
It's a former real-life nickname derived from my middle name, which is Breinholt.

I have since found out that it means "blessed" in Yiddish :breine:

EDIT: Apparently it's also a boys name in some parts of the world. huh.

qwertysaur
02-24-2010, 02:42 PM
qwerty + ivysaur = qwertysaur. It's super effective!

Chloe.
02-24-2010, 05:36 PM
It's my name, and I thought it would look better with a . at the end. :kaodrop:

rubah
02-24-2010, 06:45 PM
This thread has some cute stories ^_~

When I first got into harry potter, I had a character named Rubella Lagreglo Lapiz. (I was 11 :D). When I RPed, I just went by Ruby Lapiz, but I gave everyone nicknames that ended in "-ah", so eventually someone did the obvious and gave me one. rubah is never capitalized because that diminishes its cuteness. Rubah Lapah can be capitalized, because it's a throwback to Ruby Lapiz (which explains my old IRC nick and aim sn)

and yes, i know about the red pencil :(

and the rubbers

and the boobahs

and rhubarb

:mad2:

Jess
02-24-2010, 06:46 PM
My name is Jessica.

Exciting, no?

Rye
02-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Fun Fact: Did you know that I'm My Own MILF originally wasn't going to name himself I'm My Own MILF, but Richard Milhous Nixon?

I'm so glad he went with MILF.

http://mymedialife.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/milhouse_denkt_1.jpg

Rantz
02-24-2010, 07:18 PM
It's... it's part of my name! Nothing more to it.

I Don't Need A Name
02-24-2010, 07:28 PM
I was final-andy when I was a noob, then decided to upgrade to the cool name group.

It was actually Christmas who came up with it, say that 'I dun need a name'.

Unbreakable Will
02-25-2010, 12:25 AM
It's... it's part of my name! Nothing more to it.
Do tell Rantz, as your friend I wish to know.

Gossack
02-26-2010, 12:49 PM
I got my name from a character in The Legend of Zelda: TheWind Waker.​

Rebellious Eagle
02-26-2010, 12:54 PM
^I like how you two have the same avatar.
Well, let's see...I love the Philadelphia Eagles and I always saw myself as an independent and somewhat rebellious thinker at times...and because I always joked about starting revolts against the teachers who gave us too much homework. Thus I came up with my username. :P

Quindiana Jones
02-26-2010, 01:08 PM
Haha, oh the story of my name. This could take a while. xD

Rebellious Eagle
02-26-2010, 01:09 PM
Quin, do tell. ;/

Jiro
02-26-2010, 01:27 PM
It really would take a while.

Goldenboko
02-26-2010, 03:49 PM
One paragraph does not constitute, "A while." :mad2:

I don't remember why I chose Goldenboco, other than Chocobos being the :bou::bou::bou::bou:. I changed my name because I had originally intended to spell it 'oko' and when I was playing FFV and I saw 'Boko' I was like, 'That does look better than oco.'

Rodarian
02-26-2010, 04:21 PM
The name appear in my head....

Ro....darian..... Rodarian....

Quindiana Jones
02-26-2010, 04:30 PM
Well, Quin was the eventually decided name after the Del Murder situation. I was going for my....fourth (?) name change, from Harle-Quin to what I wanted to be Flambard D'Quinceteth - a private joke. However, Del and Leeza couldn't pronounce this, so refused the change. Del and I had a little fight, which resulted in my creation of an e-petition! It worked, and Del agreed to change my name. However, by this point, I couldn't be arsed with D'Quin, so just went with "Quin", the common denominator in all my names.

Harle-Quin was simply a pun using the name Quin. It has no meaning other than that. I suppose you could put in some mention of my being something of a clown, though the connection was unintentional. Before Harle-Quin was the originator of the pun phase: Quin 'n' Tonic. No reason other than "heh. Quin rhymes with gin". My original name in coming here was Pure Quin14.

Pure Quin14 was the name of my RuneScape (lol!) account, made in August 2004. It was created after some DICK hacked my previous account "Quintonir" and changed EVERYTHING. I couldn't even recover the password. Son of a bitch! But yeah, I made a new character. Quin, because it's the shortname of Quintonir. Pure, because I was the real Quin but Pure sounded cooler at the time http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/6207/coolup.gif. 14, because that was (roughly) my age at the time of creation.

One paragraph my ass. ;)

bipper
02-26-2010, 04:37 PM
Quin, a friend -0- mine actually named his daughter Harley Quin. She is a doll.

I was named Bipper by my older sister. She was 1 and a half and my parents let her name me. The name was denied by the hospital and Wisconsin, so I was named after my father, but I have been called bipper by everyone I know ever since.

the GOES part of bipperGOES is a regional joke.

Pheesh
02-26-2010, 04:41 PM
His gigantic description will destroy us all!!

Quindiana Jones
02-26-2010, 04:45 PM
Wait. The name was denied by the hospital? And the state?! I didn't realise they had the power of veto.

I'm totally becoming a doctor/politician and forcing people to name all their children Quin puns.

Rodarian
02-26-2010, 04:57 PM
Quin I thought you took that name after that Doctor Quin: Medicine Woman!!!

Rebellious Eagle
02-26-2010, 07:17 PM
They rejected the name Bipper yet there's a lady out there who named her kid Abcd? Well, I'd go with Bipper any day. :<

Parker
02-26-2010, 08:35 PM
Parker is my name (my parents are d-bagz)/

I wish my name was bipper :(

Eaglegun
02-26-2010, 11:09 PM
I always thought the minor bosses were the most interesting ones, because they didn't have to be stressed over like the main villains. So likely a guy designing characters just did whatever he wanted without it being nitpicked over. I chose Eagle Gun because Lost Number had been taken by a troll on another site.

Rostum
02-26-2010, 11:55 PM
Well... With the release of FFXI in the near future I had to make a character name! So I went to a fantasy name generator, and Omecle stood out the most to me. So I started using that everywhere.

Sephiroth
02-27-2010, 12:22 AM
Way way long ago I was Omni Legacy. Then I got bored of the name and changed it Vermachtnis, which is German for Legacy. Plus it has a V and V is the coolest letter.

It is "Vermächtnis" or "Vermaechtnis". "ä" = "ae", "ö" = "oe", "ü" = "ue" in german.

Well..."Sephiroth" is obvious. The name most people know me with is "Cetra", because the Cetra are the opposite of JENOVA in Final Fantasy VII and at the beginning of his villain career Sephiroth thought he would be a descendant of the Cetra because of Doctor Gast's false documents.

Vermachtnis
02-27-2010, 01:05 AM
Vermächtnis, my keyboard doesn't have an umlaut key so I left it off xD

Drift
02-27-2010, 02:21 AM
how i see me living my life currently, drifting along~

VexNet
02-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Vex was the code name of one of my characters a long time ago.
As years passed, I found the character had developed a personality far different to that of one I had originally wanted him to have, to the point that he didn't even seem like the same character anymore so the name sort of became redundent since my character started going just by his real name when I realised his code name wasn't even being used anymore.

The character originally was a DBZ fan-character with an idealised sense of what I wanted to be, I was only 13. Back then it was the coolest thing I could think of, but nowadays it just sounds ridiculous.

Not wanting to just throw away the name Vex, I combined it with my surname and started using it for myself. I have no need to idealise what I want to be anymore.

VexNet.

Mo-Nercy
02-27-2010, 02:23 PM
Vermächtnis, my keyboard doesn't have an umlaut key so I left it off xD
If I could put a ³ in my name, you could have umlauts on ALL your vowels, lazy.

But even after studying German for four years, I still had a tough time with umlauts, pronouncing them and remembering when to use them. So good riddance for simplicity. :D

BG-57
02-27-2010, 02:41 PM
Back in high school I created a story that involved an idealistic society called Concordia that embraced all kinds of clans and races, even monsters. One of the guardians of the city was a robotic centaur with blue armor, hence Blue Golem #57, or BG-57 for short. He eventually acquires more human traits including a proper name, Cobalt Blue.

My original avatar was the summon Golem from FFVI, but I decided that mashing Zero Wing with FF was funnier.

I thought I picked the number fifty seven because I like how it looks and sounds, but now I guess I was thinking of Heinz.

I Took the Red Pill
02-27-2010, 06:20 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/attachments/general-chat/31224d1267281603t-im-my-own-milf-cobaltblue.jpg

I think if you can prove you created that in high school you should file a multi-million dollar suit against James Cameron for stealing your idea.

BG-57
02-28-2010, 12:24 AM
I think Frank Herbert would have a much better case, considering how much Avatar rips off Dune. But in any event, my character was meant to be robotic, not organic.

It's funny though I knew of a writer who read about the Navy's work with oxygenated liquid scuba tanks and wrote in into a story. He lost count of the people that thought he got the idea from the Abyss, even though he wrote it before the movie came out.

theundeadhero
02-28-2010, 01:12 AM
Copious amounts of alcohol and other things.

Madame Adequate
02-28-2010, 11:25 PM
At the time of my naming I had probably watched that Futurama episode recently, so the phrase "I'm my own grandpa" was in my head. I also like MILFs because Helen Mirren. I happened to combine the two when I was jibbing with Rye and here we are :jess:

I do wonder what life would be like if I had invented the finglongner been Richard Milhous Nixon, though. A man can dream, a man can dream.

Necronopticous
02-28-2010, 11:53 PM
"Necronopticous" is a souvenir from the pretense and stupidity of my adolescence.

Captain Maxx Power
03-01-2010, 12:00 AM
"Necronopticous" is a souvenir from the pretense and stupidity of my adolescence.

Just do what I do and start calling yourself "Necrocopter". It sounds like something you'd find on a badass metal album cover or something.

My name is something of an accident. When I first joined the forum I was straight up Maxx Power. That name of course is lifted directly from The Simpsons before it became rubbish, with an added x. The captain bit came about via the regular elections we've had. I led a disastrously inept party called "The Pirate Red Mage party" (I had this running joke about combining the two most awesome things ever; Pirates and Red Mages. No one found it funny in the least and probably got sick of it). Since I was the leader I declared myself Captain and subsequently assigned relevant titles to my "crew". At the time I asked the staff to change the user names of everyone in the party so that it matched their position. Something interesting and different to do for our party, and we had fun with it. After it was all over my name never got changed back, and I liked it so I stuck with it.

Damn I've been on this site far too long.

Tavrobel
03-01-2010, 03:42 AM
Dude, those elections were like, four years ago.

My name comes from old Tolkien poem drafts. I dare you to find out where without using Google/Wikipedia.

Wolf Kanno
03-01-2010, 05:20 AM
Most know about my name's origin. I'm a huge fan of Yoko Kanno and I decided to take part of her name, Yoko was kind of out of the question cause I don't need Yoko Ono jokes. :mad2:

Despite what most people think, Wolf is not a reference to Wolf's Rain but is my actual nickname from my grandmother which was usually used in a derogatory connotation but I like it. I was originally going to be Wolf Hibiki which is a combination of two of my nicknames but decided to do something new or it was already taken, I can't remember.

I'm pretty happy with my name tbh.

G13
03-01-2010, 06:25 AM
My name comes from old Tolkien poem drafts. I dare you to find out where without using Google/Wikipedia.

Lost Tales?

BG-57
03-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Most know about my name's origin. I'm a huge fan of Yoko Kanno and I decided to take part of her name, Yoko was kind of out of the question cause I don't need Yoko Ono jokes. :mad2:

Despite what most people think, Wolf is not a reference to Wolf's Rain but is my actual nickname from my grandmother which was usually used in a derogatory connotation but I like it. I was originally going to be Wolf Hibiki which is a combination of two of my nicknames but decided to do something new or it was already taken, I can't remember.

I'm pretty happy with my name tbh.

You have great taste in music. :)

bipper
03-01-2010, 05:25 PM
They rejected the name Bipper yet there's a lady out there who named her kid Abcd? Well, I'd go with Bipper any day. :<

Yeah, this was 27 years ago. A lot has changed. The name was legal, but they just didn't like it.

Parker is a fine name. Ever look up bipper on the Urban Dictionary?

Madonna
03-02-2010, 05:51 PM
I may as well come clean! When I was a child, we got this big old binder from National Geographic where every month or so, we would get a new little packet of information on an animal, from their habitat, diet, where they are found in the world, et cetera! It was a by-mail updated animal encyclopedia, really, and it was one of my favorite items in all the world up until age of ten when I discovered girls!

Anyways, my favorite animal of all the creatures in the binder was the lynx! I was a runt back then, so a cat small when compared to lions and tigers, identified with me pretty easily, and I felt I resonated with attributes normally associated with the feline! I was and am pretty big into mythology too, where lynxes play a small, but powerful, role! Combining all of this with what I thought a massive intelligence of mine, I felt I was more of a Genius than a genus of lynx!

And while I was typing this up, I found the thing which made me a Lynx: Wildlife Explorer (http://offers.imponline.com/wildlife-explorer/)! Not National Geographic, but I was close!

Rocket Edge
03-02-2010, 07:25 PM
Name of a drawing I did when I was 7 I think. It consisted of spaceships xD.

Tavrobel
03-02-2010, 11:29 PM
Lost Tales?

Books 1 and 2, yes.

Araciel
03-03-2010, 04:02 AM
Araciel was a name I thought I made up for a RP character I made many moons ago.. Turns out it was the name of an angel already and I suck.

Captain Maxx Power
03-03-2010, 10:08 AM
Dude, those elections were like, four years ago.

Don't you think I know that? It's like I said; I've been on this site far too long.

Brunettepudding
03-03-2010, 02:42 PM
Brunettepudding...

Eh, it was an inside joke between an old friend on my first forum and myself. I was involved in an RPG back when I was 12, hundreds of years ago, and my character and hers did some really off the wall things, which led to the birth of my name. <3

Polnareff
03-03-2010, 03:52 PM
My first EoFF name was Chibi Chocobo which I just picked for the alliteration.

My second one was Bakuretsu Hakkei I think which was the name of a special attack from Aggressors of Dark Kombat.

This name now is from my former manga character Astron + my username on another forum, Astro Knight.

Brennan
03-04-2010, 02:38 AM
Uh, try and guess my first name.
My former name, One Winged God, was made after beating FF7.

Mercen-X
03-04-2010, 05:04 PM
character created for secret RPG in development. Real identity: serial killer's sister, terrorist's sister; Hair color: blonde hidden under helmet

Name: Mercenary "X" becomes "Mercen-X"

Unbreakable Will
03-04-2010, 09:19 PM
Copious amounts of alcohol and other things.
Didn't see that coming. xD

Caraliz
03-04-2010, 11:21 PM
Caralee Mcelroy -> Elizabeth -> Caraliz.

Bolivar
03-05-2010, 09:55 PM
History's "The Liberator", or "The George Washington of Latin America".

I've used it as my handle in online games before (it's my steam ID btw!), and I'm Colombian, you could say he's Venezuelan, but I would say good for you!

BarelySeeAtAll
03-06-2010, 10:22 AM
Purple Pikachus :)

Christmas
08-03-2022, 05:25 AM
I am a nice merry little girl that gives out love and care to the world. Thus, I feel this name suits me best. :)