PDA

View Full Version : X-Com UFO Defense - In Defense of the Midwest!

Dignified Pauper
02-24-2010, 10:53 AM
http://www.ufopaedia.org/images/thumb/c/c7/UFO_Enemy_Unknown_opening_screen.png/480px-UFO_Enemy_Unknown_opening_screen.png

What the hell is X-Com?

X-Com is a sado-masochist game for the PC, that has sparked an entire cult of B.A.M.F.s to play one of the most challenging games and deep games, ever invented in the history of gaming.

You are the guiding hand of the organization X-Com, founded to prevent the alien invasion of earth. These aliens are hell bent on abducting individuals, swaying governments to stop funding you, and setting bases on Earth in order to enforce their take-over, all the while searching for your secret underground base of operations to kill everything you ever worked for.

Where YOU, EoFFer, come in:

This is an interactive thread. I run the game, everyone's posts here to enlist as a soldier of X-Com, and then, I screenshot the carnage that unfolds. There will be some classes that you will be vying for, and they will be VERY important to the over-all success of a mission. However, know, that if you die, or are left behind, there is no return for you. You're gone. Forever and EVER.

Do I have to download anything or do any work?

NO! That's the amazing thing. Me, the biggest failure of all, will do the work and make sure our base isn't located by aliens, make sure that we kill them all, and we have to order as few body bags as possible... really. The only thing I request is that you enlist, and if you'd like, have fun keeping a journal of events that you believe are going on with your character after I post stuff.

Now for some Promotional Campaigning!
________
Are you tired of sitting at home, waiting for the alien menace to come get you? Are you a former soldier, stricken with PTS and would like to make your lashings finally have some use? Or are you someone who has no experience in anything, but feels they would be a good meat shield for experienced snipers? If you said anything to any of these questions, then X-Com WANTS YOU! That's right! This is your time to enlist.

You'll have the opportunity to wield one of these exciting weapons!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j225/dignified_pauper/WeaponList.jpg

And you can fall into one of the following classes:

1) The Pistol Toting B.A.M.F. - More commonly referred to as a scout. In your aresenal, you'll carry a pistol, a stun gun (in order to immobilize alien menaces to bring back for testing an interrogation), and some boom-boom grenades. As a PTB, you'll be running around dodging bullets and acting as eyes for the heavy hitting riflement and snipers whose scopes just won't let them see far enough into the darkness.
2) The Longish Ranged Rifleman - Armed with a rifle, you're going to be the far-reaching sniper of the group. Pick off targets with your terrible starting accuracy for maximum damage. Stay covered, and ultimately, be one of the safest members of the team!
3) The Ultra-Heavy Cannoneer - Do you like big guns? Do you want to shoot things endlessly until you only hear the clicking of your gun that has run out of ammunition as you become surrounded by alien menaces, hoping those wimpy scouts and snipers will do their job and save your life? THEN BY ALL MEANS! SIGN UP! WE NEED MORE MEAT-HEADSPATRIOTS!
4) The Dreadedly Devestating Rocketeer - Don't like to bother with conventional weaponry? Just like to see lots of fire and smoke? Then join the Rocketeers in their quest to, not only make any menace unrecognizable, but towns too and cars too. After-all, what kind of battle doesn't look best with debris everywhere.
5) The No BS Grenadier - Don't care for guns? Do you like to know just how much ammunition you have at all times? Like big damage? Like to throw things? Then my friends, step right up. We've so many damn grenades, you won't even know how to say no. Not to mention, in desperate times, suicide bombers make great escape distractions. Think of how heroic you will be!
6) The Necessary Medic - Don't like fighting? Too bad, you're still getting a pistol, some grenades, and maybe a damn stun gun too. We here at X-Com pride ourselves in the amount of bodybags we have to make; however, recently, it's been draining our funds to buy things like armor... or ammo. Not to mention, it's bad for morale. You, the medic, will be responsible for making sure no one dies. If they do, it is YOUR head.
7) The Super Smooth Pilot - Don't like getting in the fray? Willing to leave your comrades behind to save the organization some dough to not have to buy another Skyranger? Well then, this is perfect for you. With the ability to choose either a rifle or pistol, you can pick enemies off from afar, from the safety of the Ranger's wheels, and if your squad is in trouble, then sound the alarms! You will be giving them so much time, and anyone who doesn't make it is lost forever! (Note: 1 Pilot per mission, three Pilots per base)

There you have it. The set classes and weapons they can use. If you'd like to be a medic, or a Pilot, please indicate which weapons you would prefer using. Also, please make sure that the class you select is in this color thanks. -The Mngmt-

Now, without further ado, let's get down to business.
Here is our Roster:

Last Status Update: Feb. 20th, Game Time
Name - Class Kills/Stuns/Friendly Fire/Missions/Deaths/Medic Heals

ACTIVE:

Golden Boko - Longish Ranged Rifleman 1/0/0/2/0/0 - Squaddie
Nik0tine - Dreadedly Devastating Rocketeer 2/0/0/2/0/0 - Captain
Old Manus (By Default) - The Ultra Heavy Cannoneer 0/0/0/2/0/0 - Rookie
Loony BoB - Pistol Toting B.A.M.F. (against his will) 0/0/0/2/0/0 - Rookie
Demon Dude - Longish Ranged Rifleman 2/0/0/2/0/0 - Squaddie
I'm My Own MILF - Longish Ranged Rifleman 2/0/0/2/0/0 - Seargent
Erikramza - Super Smooth Pilot 0/0/0/2/0/0 - Squaddie
Psychotic - The Super Smooth Pilot 0/0/0/2/0/0 - Rookie
Lynx - The Necessary Medic 0/0/0/2/0/0 - Rookie
IceGlow - Longish Ranged Rifleman 0/0/0/2/0/0 -Rookie
Jiro - Dreadedly Devastating Rocketeer 0/0/0/2/0/0 - Rookie
Vivi22 - No BS Grenadier 1/0/0/1/0/0 - Seargent
Sir Lancelot - The Necessary Medic 0/0/0/1/0/0 - Rookie
eternal essence - Pistol Toting B.A.M.F. 0/0/0/0/0/0 - Rookie - Training

RESERVES:

Incapacitated. In the Process of Being Cloned
Flying Mullet - No BS Grenadier 0/0/0/1/1/0 - February 6th
Dignified Pauper - Longish Ranged Rifleman 3/0/0/2/1/0 - February 26th revive

Once we get enough Recruits, we will start this off right, and we will choose a base. But that is up to YOU!

So, when you select your class, please also select where, in the world, on land, you would like our base to be. Note, this isn't Terror From The Deep, no water, ever, ever ever.... That will be next... if we ever win this battle on land. Don't know what the hell I am talking about. Pray you never will.

Without further ado:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j225/dignified_pauper/PlaceBase.jpg

3 Vote USA
-1 Vote specifically in Appallachia
1 Vote Australia
1 Vote Antarctica - Great.
2 Vote France - Figures Rube would. Blame Bladen/Shoden.
1 Vote Moscow, Russia - Rye is a Commy.
1 Vote Canada
1 Vote Nigeria

Also, while we can make our base on any landmass, including antarctica and the like... These are the nations that actually matter, and will fund our operations...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j225/dignified_pauper/FundingCountries.jpg

Edit: I took all the information from the old OP to make this new one, simply because we're going to be restarting everything from scratch. Part of the reason I quit playing the previous iteration was because taking all the screenshots, and then sizing them was so tedious. I now have a video capture program and will be doing this from a much better stand-point. I will be pruning the rank list and starting our new base. Only some active members are being put on. Anyone else who wants to join in will need to resubmit their application.

I actually had to write down your names so I wouldn't have to alt-tab everything. The first video will be uploaded in the next few hours. Also, having trouble with the video aspect - getting the kinks worked out.

edit: fixed my video issue. It's because I was using the DOS version with an XP Fix. I just out-right purchased the game for XP via steam. Video issues were resolved. Ran first battle and recorded a video, but my video capture program died. I will have to redo it, but that's okay. It was bad anyway.

Please see previous thread for reference: http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/120987-x-com-ufo-defense-enemy-unknown-interactive-warning-nsf56k.html

Need motivation, Maggots? HERE IT IS!
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~syu6/xcommotivator.jpg

YouTube - EoFF Plays X-Com - Prologue (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsSSW01u4Ew) - Prologue Post (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/130009-x-com-ufo-defense-take-ii-now-video.html#post2798720)

Chapter 1
YouTube - 01.01 EoFF X-COM: In Defense of the Midwest! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pGeEjvFP8g)
YouTube - 01.02 EoFF X-COM: In Defense of the Midwest! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdKNWCgvLMk)
YouTube - 01.03 EoFF X-COM: In Defense of the Midwest! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcBCSMtVlhE)

Chapter 2
YouTube - 02.01 EoFF X-Com: In Defense of the Midwest! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v2FiecwpBg)
YouTube - 02.02 EoFF X-Com: In Defense of the Midwest (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndpP1GHp2M0)
YouTube - 02.03 EoFF X-Com: In Defense of the Midwest (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCBlMnavUT8)

Psychotic
02-24-2010, 01:01 PM
Yes yes yes you unworthless unbastard, I was just thinking about this the other day actually.

TAKE ME TO BED OR LOSE ME FOREVER.

Dignified Pauper
02-24-2010, 01:17 PM
Gurl, in my test run, MILF killed three freaking aliens and was promoted to sergeant, but it didn't count. Further, I don't know why you're excited... You're a pilot. You just sit in the SkyRanger and wait for the first sign of trouble to take off without us... Asshole. Anyway, working on getting the first video uploaded. I'm not going through the bore of letting you all watch me change your names and get equipment set up.

Psychotic
02-24-2010, 01:43 PM
I know exactly what I am and I love my job. Also I FEEL THE NEED THE NEED FOR SPEED. (I can do this all day)

Loony BoB
02-24-2010, 02:05 PM
Oh man, I did so well last time, I hope I do well again! I am a very happy person to see this make a return.

EDIT: For anyone interested, the previous thread: http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/120987-x-com-ufo-defense-enemy-unknown-interactive-warning-nsf56k.html

Dignified Pauper
02-24-2010, 02:51 PM
I will be uploading the video later tonight. My comments are absolutely ridiculous. No spoilers about what happened though! GET PUMPED!

demondude
02-24-2010, 08:55 PM
Win. Win. Win! I missed my old X-Com self, even though I never really got to the ass kicking stage. :')

Dignified Pauper
02-24-2010, 11:22 PM
OMG! cam studio is terrible and my video is corrupted.

Found a new software to try called Gamecam

Old Manus
02-25-2010, 12:16 AM
:<3:

Madonna
02-25-2010, 12:18 AM
The Necessary Medic, Marick!

Dignified Pauper
02-25-2010, 02:32 AM
You're lucky, now someone recommend me a good screen capture software that can record video and audio through a mic, because camstudio won't allow me to take large videos.

edit:

So, I now have to use DOSBox to record the X-Com video and use audacity to record commentary and then splice them together... This is ridiculous. I hope you're happy Eyeson.

Madonna
02-25-2010, 05:42 AM
Oh yeah, make the first base in North America, preferably in Ohio so as to make the state worthwhile for once!

Dignified Pauper
02-25-2010, 06:13 AM
Well, the prologue video is finished, I'm just having extensive trouble with Window Movie Maker. It keeps giving me an error. Looks like this isn't going up today. If I have to re-record this, I'll be so angry. I have the video and audio as separate parts, but for some reason, this damned thing still keeps saying that one of them is corrupt or something...

Iceglow
02-25-2010, 07:53 AM
Psy knows me to be one of 3 roles and I'll let you failures tell me which one I am:

I would be either:

scout
sniper
pilot

Lets face it if I aint sniping in Halo then generally I'm piss taking by using two magnums. :)

Loony BoB
02-25-2010, 10:55 AM
I definitely see you as a sniper. Anything else seems wrong by comparison, for some reason.

EDIT: Some of those people in your list of 'actives' aren't even active on the forums anymore. :p

Jiro
02-25-2010, 11:08 AM
Give me a rocket and let me blow :bou::bou::bou::bou: up Marick! [only because you have too many snipers. I'm really a pussy who likes to shoot from afar, but blowing :bou::bou::bou::bou: up works too]

-edit-
Rocket-whore is what I want to be. Or if it has to be correct, then The Dreadedly Devestating Rocketeer is me

Flying Mullet
02-25-2010, 12:37 PM
This should be entertaining.

No, wait, it will be entertaining.

I'm counting on you!

Slothy
02-25-2010, 01:10 PM
I'll be The No BS Grenadier thanks. And we should totally hole up in Canada, because Canada is awesome.

Loony BoB
02-25-2010, 01:14 PM
US + Europe will almost undoubtedly be the first two bases given that we need to secure those that the money comes from first in order to assure future financing.

Jiro
02-25-2010, 01:17 PM
Oh yeah, throw another vote on the US. We need the cash. We can take over the rest of world later right? Australia can wait I'm sure

Slothy
02-25-2010, 01:32 PM
Oh yeah, throw another vote on the US. We need the cash. We can take over the rest of world later right? Australia can wait I'm sure

Chalk my Canada vote up to me never having played the game before.

And Australia can always wait.

Dignified Pauper
02-25-2010, 01:51 PM
Well, you're all in luck for being included in the first video since, for some reason, everything is not working in my video. I have all the videos together, everything works separately. When I try to join the files together, Windows Movie Maker stops at 8% and says no.

Loony BoB
02-25-2010, 01:59 PM
This is why you should just post screenshots so I can keep up with things even when at work. ;D And you just know you're gonna cut out earlier if you use videos because you'll get tired of making them all the time! Unless it's actually easier, in which case, well, I dunno!

Dignified Pauper
02-25-2010, 02:06 PM
it IS easier to make videos. WAAAAY less time consuming. Pictures I have to upload one by one. All I have to do is record video and audio simultaneously and then splice them together. For some reason, It isn't letting me get to 9%. SO, when I get home. I'm going to redo everything since my prologue only takes about 9 minutes. And do that and get us geared up toward the first battle. I think I know what went wrong, ... maybe. So, we're gonna try it and see, but I cannot be certain. Rest assured, I purchased X-Com and so that means that I'm not just going to waste my money. Besides, I will like doing this more since it is a challenge.

Psychotic
02-25-2010, 02:17 PM
EDIT: Some of those people in your list of 'actives' aren't even active on the forums anymore. :pEvery single one has been to EoFF within the last 10 days!

Jiro
02-25-2010, 02:19 PM
Well best of luck then!

Loony BoB
02-25-2010, 04:45 PM
Wow, really? I guess some of them are just quiet.

Dignified Pauper
02-25-2010, 09:53 PM
OMG! I did it! The prologue moved past 8%. It won't be long now. In fact, the prologue is VERY boring. Because I've had to do it like 8 times. I won't be doing any battles since youtube stops me at 10 minutes. Battles will probably be 2 videos at least. Be prepared. I will be uploading this after dinner tonight. Your long awaited dream has been realized!

EDIT: OMG! It stopped me at the last 10% and gave me the same damn error... WTF?! I'm so infuriated. On top of that, my vacuum I just bought isn't working correctly.

Old Manus
02-26-2010, 01:39 PM
Oh my God, not the vacuum!

Loony BoB
02-26-2010, 01:41 PM
omgmyvacuum :(

Dignified Pauper
02-26-2010, 02:18 PM
The vacuum was 179.99 and the spin brush wouldn't spin. I'm taking it back.

Dignified Pauper
02-26-2010, 02:56 PM
This merited a double-post:

YouTube - EoFF Plays X-Com - Prologue (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsSSW01u4Ew)

BTW: Those little white boxes will not be in future recordings.

Captain's Log: Jan. 4th 1999

Our soldiers have been recruited and we have ordered supplies. Our radar systems have picked up ONE alien U.F.O. but we were unable to scour the ship since we were still getting our bases operations. The United States looked at us with scorn as we did this, but never-the-less, we have started our campaign. Our bases is located a few hundred miles West of the capital, and we are setting up so that we might start large-scale operations. This group of soldiers may be the most rag-tag bunch of buffoons I've ever seen though. They are terribly worthless. I've never seen someone drop their gun as many times as that Psychotic character. He's going to be the worst for sure.

Old Manus
02-26-2010, 07:04 PM
Soldier's Log

I thought our captain's voice would sound camper

Dignified Pauper
02-26-2010, 07:35 PM
Soldier's Log

And why is that?

Psychotic
02-26-2010, 07:49 PM
Carl Johnson? Goldenboko gets to be god damn CJ? Goldenboko is more of a Big Smoke than CJ. :colbert: Also ha ha ha Voronin is useless? Only BoB and Dan will get why that is hilarious to me.

Good work, DP. But I have to say, you never close your eyes anymore when I kiss your lips. There's no tenderness like before in your fingertips...

Old Manus
02-26-2010, 07:59 PM
Soldier's Log

And why is that?I don't know. I guess you didn't fail this time :aimkiss:

Dignified Pauper
02-26-2010, 08:02 PM
I can't wait to get to our first battle. Probably won't happen since I am working and have some other stuff to do. Buuut, never fear, we will be ready.

Loony BoB
02-26-2010, 10:09 PM
I can't wait either!

Dignified Pauper
02-26-2010, 10:18 PM
I really can't wait to see how many of us turn into mindless zombie drones because of Chrysalids.

demondude
02-26-2010, 10:21 PM
Carl Johnson? Goldenboko gets to be god damn CJ? Goldenboko is more of a Big Smoke than CJ. :colbert: Also ha ha ha Voronin is useless? Only BoB and Dan will get why that is hilarious to me.

Good work, DP. But I have to say, you never close your eyes anymore when I kiss your lips. There's no tenderness like before in your fingertips...

Not been getting enough sleep? Boko is definitely a Ryder.

Also this is <3

EDIT: Every good crew needs a strong woman. :aimkiss:

Madonna
02-26-2010, 11:33 PM
Your voice is absolutely lovely, Marick! You should record yourself saying things like, "We need to get you out of those pants!" or the like!

Uh, not that I would want to save such a clip or anything!

Edit: I like my stats; I feel a little dangerous!

Dignified Pauper
02-27-2010, 02:10 AM
I totally forgot VIVI. I will add you in the next video.

Mullet... I apologize.. You were our first casualty. :(

Also, the audio and video tend to get out of sync toward the end... uh... oh well.

Dignified Pauper
02-27-2010, 06:55 AM
Double Post Opportunity abuse!

YouTube - 01.01 EoFF X-COM: In Defense of the Midwest! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pGeEjvFP8g)

YouTube - 01.02 EoFF X-COM: In Defense of the Midwest! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdKNWCgvLMk)

YouTube - 01.03 EoFF X-COM: In Defense of the Midwest! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcBCSMtVlhE)

Captain's Log: January 6th, 1999

These soldiers were sent out on a mission. A small alien UFO landed in rural midwest. The aliens seemed to have been conducting a routine scouting and abduction mission. X-COM operatives left from A.I.S.O.N. HQ to rendezvous with the invaders and route their studies. We lost one of our grenadiers but managed to scoop pieces of him up and put him in the cloning vat. It will take a full month before he is operational and ready to go. He will have lost all his skills, but, he will be able to fight again. It just costs so much money to clone these bastards.

Oh well. I suppose that's how it goes. That Dignified Pauper and Nik0tine were promoted to Sergeants. They will give their squad more morale and leadership opportunities. I better be careful... They might be after my job. I also gave a congratulatory badge of honor to M.I.L.F. for diving right into an enemy UFO and killing more alien scum.

Please rename the thread title to:

X-Com UFO Defense - In Defense of the Midwest!

I will probably have a new name for the thread at most MAJOR updates. Why can't we edit our own thread titles?

Loony BoB
02-27-2010, 08:15 AM
Soldier's log: No cuts for BoB. I wait and sharpen my... bullets.

Quick, quick, start the next mission! :D

Iceglow
02-27-2010, 09:08 AM
Soldiers Log: First I get orders to fire off a volley of shots instead of aiming them does the commander not know that I'm more the single shot kind of guy? Then I get orders to shoot down a wall and make sure the barn is clear. Ok shooting down walls is very satisfying but seriously I just wanna shoot some aliens, when I was in the marines we didn't have this kind of crap HOORAH!

(no offence marrick this is just in character)

demondude
02-27-2010, 11:21 AM
Soldier's log

First thing I saw when I left that plane was Mullet bleeding on the floor. Being the good babe I am, I picked him up and showed him something very sweet to make 'im come round. :aimkiss: Shame he died when I went a 'step too far'. Fatal wound my hot butt. :jess:

Slothy
02-27-2010, 01:00 PM
Soldiers Log

Been stuck at boot camp while everyone else is out killing some alien scum. Everyone except Mullet anyway, but I'm not surprised the old guy now has both feet in the grave instead of the usual one. Actually, as an old man and a grenadier I am surprised he has both legs to put in the grave.

They're letting me out of bootcamp soon enough though so I can reclaim the grenadier honour. Apparently these pansy instructors don't appreciate me trying to make an omelet with an HE grenade. I'd like to know how else they expect me to make eggs after they hid the C4 from me.

Psychotic
02-27-2010, 05:20 PM
Pilot's Log:
This is what I call a target-rich environment!

Old Manus
02-28-2010, 01:05 AM
Soldier's log

I like apples

Madonna
02-28-2010, 09:57 PM
Medic Log 19990106

I started a few days ago, actually, but it has taken some time to set things in order here! Here, specifically, is A.I.S.O.N. HQ, the center of all things X-COM! It is exciting to be on the team designed to interact with the extraterrestrials; being a doctor, I cannot help but want to learn all there is about our neighbors! I thought I was getting a second-string job, but I have been told there is no other medic around, so it seems I am unofficially the head of health around here! Oh ho ho; I hope this does not go to my head! In actuality, I am Skyranger-1's Medic and one of the more vital members of the squad!

Squads, by the by, are flipping huge here; I thought "squad" denoted a group of five guys or so, but we roll with thirteen on the ball, all the time! Maybe it is because we are new and still sorting out equipment, but I seem to be shafted a pistol and a few grenades! Seriously, that is not cool; I like things orderly, so I pop my kit so as to sort it to maximize efficiency and there is no flipping gun! Not a one! No pineapples either! Do you know what it contained?! A stun rod! One rod! And I mean it when I say that is all there was; I do not even possess band-aids! Medic?! Laugh riot, more like! I am going to be a rioting medic soon enough! I mean, a gun is not really necessary, but if matters do not go peaceably with the extraterrestrials, I want something for protection! Anyways, before I could hulk out with my junk out, sirens went off! Finally, a chance to interact with extraterrestrials!

Uh, I did not know X-COM stood for "Extraterrestrial Combatants"! I figured the X was about the aliens, but I thought COM was about communication; you know, bridging the gap between us! I must have missed the memo; indeed, Mission 01 was my wake-up call about how well the bulb-heads like us! To wit, they do not! Truth be told, they like abducting human beings and killing us operatives when we tell them no! I did not see combat this mission, but I got the story from the lads and from what I could peek out the Skyranger's ramp! We nailed a whole bunch of brown buggers, but we suffered an early casualty with Flying Mullet! The man initially took a shot I could have mended, had I a medic kit, but no, someone did not issue me one! So Mullet played a game called Bleed To Death alone while I'm My Own M.I.L.F. and Goldenboko snuck into the alien's ship and kicked some ass!

We ended up home, sound enough, and we got a few notifications from above! Flying Mullet is being restored in the cloning vats, and two of us made Sergeant: Dignified Pauper and Nik0tine! I would say congratulations, but it seems too sad of a time to celebrate! Maybe when Mullet comes out, we can go out for pizza or something! After shower time, when us girls were bunking down, Demon Dude confesses she gave Mullet a "wet one" before he said bon voyage! I asked her what that was; after the explanation, I could only say that could not have helped with his wound!

I want bandages and adrenaline; to ask for this cannot be too much?!

Dignified Pauper
03-01-2010, 12:16 AM
Lynx you kill me. Probably another update tonight.

Sir Lancealot
03-01-2010, 01:28 AM
I like to be The Necessary Medic.

Dignified Pauper
03-01-2010, 01:55 AM
So, because I am absolutely retarded... I pushed OK too fast and some of us were unarmed... I am also dead... more to come when I finish and upload the videos.

Stats were all updated. Don't worry, some of you who aren't receiving action. On our first terror mission, I expect we will have medi-kits, AND we will all either see action or die. Videos are being uploaded. Will be linked to once they are ready.

Video Updates

YouTube - 02.01 EoFF X-Com: In Defense of the Midwest! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v2FiecwpBg)
YouTube - 02.02 EoFF X-Com: In Defense of the Midwest (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndpP1GHp2M0)
YouTube - 02.03 EoFF X-Com: In Defense of the Midwest (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCBlMnavUT8)

Jiro
03-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Soldier's Log 01

Our first mission. I was left on the plane with Psychotic, the pilot and Genius Lynx, the medic-with-no-medkits. I figured I was sitting this one out, since my fellow rocketeer Nik0tine was already outside.

It wasn't until Golden Boko spotted an enemy that the commander realised I was still on the ship. As I headed out, I could hear the riflemen shooting at the enemy, but their aim was so bad they probably wouldn't have been able to hit the side of our ship (except for IceGlow, who actually hit the ship).

Apparently Mullet was shot as he stepped off the plane. I was too busy playing rubix cube in the back. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to concentrate with the clattering of boots on the metal.

Anyway, I scouted a bit during the mission. Didn't find anything. Old Manus gave me one of the apples he picked on the flight back. We toasted to Mullet, the first casualty in our defence of Earth. He'll be back once the egg heads are done cloning him.

Soldier's Log 02

We've had some heavy rain here on the base, and it's affecting my video logs. I don't know why, but I'm no tech. I just blow :bou::bou::bou::bou: up. My second log will be recorded at another point in time, once someone fixes the leaks in the base. Goddammit, who the hell is in charge of maintaining this scrap heap? I'm going to introduce them to the hot end of my rocket launcher. TBC

Slothy
03-01-2010, 02:10 PM
Soldier's Log

Dignified Pauper bought it climbing off the ship. Can't say I'm surprised or overly bothered, except that his lifeless body was still yelling at us despite us leaving it in a field. Yes, I picked some apples. I wanted something to throw in case I ran out of grenades, and even with an apple I'd be more effective than Flying Mullet. And I'll run into an alien ship on a suicide mission when I damn well please Mr. Corpse Face!

But of course, after this bunch of pansy's wasted a bunch of ammo firing at nothing and Jiro was too afraid of blowing himself up to be useful it fell on me to man up and show these babies how it's done. Luckily I had a nice new chrome grenade primed and polished so the last thing those grey butted bastards saw was their own wide eyes as they kissed their butts goodbye.

Luckily my heroics aren't lost on the top brass since they promoted me to Sergeant. If it were up to our fearless corpsified leader I'd have held onto that damn grenade and be in the ground with him.

Dignified Pauper
03-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Soldiers Log:

Oh great. I was shot. They scooped some of me up and put me in a cloning vat besides flying mullet. Why did they makes these tubes clear. Seriously, that guy's eye is just floating around staring at me. It's creeping me out.

They managed to attach certain censors to my tube so I could produce logs, but still, this is absolutely absurd. I wonder if they understand how strange being in this tube forming from a gelatinous pile of goo and bits and pieces of my body used for the cloning process? I just feel so uncomfortable.

Anyway, they told me Nik0tine was promoted to Captain and that I'd be put back as a Rookie since I'll have to be retrained. Ugh. Someday, I'll meet the commander of this damn operations and give him a piece of my mind.

Pheesh
03-01-2010, 04:29 PM
Assuming there is a strict 'don't ask, don't tell' policy in place, then I'd like to join as a Pistol Toting B.A.M.F.

Iceglow
03-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Soldiers log:

I hate it when Nik calls me rookie he's so smug with his new insignia I just often feel like seeing if he can see bullets comming at him from behind at times. I'd bet he couldn't. Aside from covering our advance the mission bored me silly I mean I signed up to shoot stuff, not walk around and let Boko have all the damn fun. Still at least I shot the side of the Skyranger last mission and the barn wall to boot, though Psychotic is still miffed about the Ranger getting hit I told him it was ok, that Betsy looked better with a hole between her legs (why oh why did they let him paint a pin up girl on the side of the chopper? and more to the point why did they let that pinup girl be based on MILF she's not even pretty! I don't get his attraction there at all.) it'd make a difference from what I suspect his inspiration has between her legs at least. Oh well time to go practise shooting Nik Aliens in the back again.

Psychotic
03-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Pilot's Log

You shoot aliens long enough, something like this happens. My squadron, we lost 8 of 18 aircraft. 10 men. First one dies, you die too. But there will be others. You can count on that. You gotta let him go. You gotta let him go.

Madonna
03-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Medic Log 19990121

Two weeks since our last mission; that was a mini-vacation! In that time, I read three novels, beat a game, and went on a date! The books were Agatha Christie mysteries, which explains the speed, the game was Persona 4 and I was already have through it, which explains the speed, and my date was Psychotic, which explains why we ended up in the General Stores! But since it has only been a week since I got the hots for our pilot, I only let him under the shirt, not the bra, and his tongue only explored my mouth! I might let him nibble my ear if he would shut up about dogfights!

Job-wise, I am hit up with fury every time I am inexplicably left in the Skyranger! Though I have been learning how to fire off a gun (thanks Psy!), I still have yet to be re-issued one and I am only toting the Stun Rod! Yeah, you heard me: no flipping Medkits yet! For a medic! "Oh we have to develop them!" "Oh we have to manufacture them!" All I hear are excuses; next mission, I am practicing with this Rod on anyone unlucky enough to be stuck in the plane with me (sorry Psy!)!

Struck up a pen pal called Martin, seems like an interesting fellow! A little forward, asking where I live and how many operatives work with me, but we talk about work and our lives in our respective places! He tells me he does some work as a biologist and geneticist, while I tell him how I apply medicine in the midst of combat! It is technically a lie, since I do no such thing right now, but a little white lie is not going to harm this friendship, right?! He says he lives in the Southwest or something, since all of his descriptions include red sand! I told him I live in the mountains, but have been coy about what mountains! Maybe I will tell him next letter exchange!

demondude
03-02-2010, 04:39 PM
Soldier's log 2/3/10

Apparently my little prank to switch everyone's guns did not go down so well! Never mind, because this lil' thing killed two aliens and is still a squaddie. With Pauper dead, I can't even 'convince' him to promote me. It really sucks beca - oh, wait ... do I see Nikotine? Better hope he tightened his seatbelt, because I'm about to give him a rough ride. :aimkiss:

Loony BoB
03-02-2010, 08:19 PM
Soldier's Log: I cut the grass. A little. With a smoke grenade. Grrrr. I demand satisfaction. I want to cuuuuuuuuuuuut.

Psychotic
03-04-2010, 03:52 PM
I downloaded this game all because of Marick and it's fucking crazy. My second mission was some Terror mission in Russia where a fuckton of flying purple dudes and dinosaur things were generally raping the world. Lost 6 good operatives that day...one of them to friendly fire with a rocket launcher.

Loony BoB
03-04-2010, 03:57 PM
It's been a long time since I played X-COM - actually, well, about as long as it's been since the last X-COM thread we had, not-so-coincidentially. I think I'll play again, although then again there are a lot of games I have lined up so maybe not right away. It is thoroughly addictive, though.

Psychotic
03-04-2010, 03:59 PM
You were one of the operatives who got eaten by a dinosaur, incidentally! (Not to worry, I got killed too!)

Kenshin IV
03-05-2010, 01:17 AM
X-Com was one of the greatest PC games ever made. A must look for any strategy fans.

Loony BoB
03-09-2010, 08:45 AM
Don't you Marick on us!

Dignified Pauper
03-10-2010, 03:39 PM
FFXIII has me right now, and it's my birth-week. Consider updates to happen like Schlup's Sim's game does. Infrequently. But now that I have video ability, it's much easier and way less time consuming, and easier to just pick up where I left off by watching the last video. :D

Madonna
03-10-2010, 07:05 PM
None of this makes sense: birth week?! FFXIII!? Schlup?! Easier to do but now will not do!?

I am totally making a Record of Marick website, this now I promise with fury and vengeance!

Dignified Pauper
03-11-2010, 02:58 PM
You'll marick on this website, just like I marick everything.