PDA

View Full Version : AoE...1!

Araciel
02-24-2010, 06:47 PM
So a friend and I have recently reinstalled and are playing Age of Empires. We have LAN battles nightly almost and it's amazingly fun. It's kind of hilarious that we're playing that game when our machines can run Bioshock 2 full bore..

Anyway, does anyone else play any super old games on their PC that are still fun as heck?.. I have the desire to get more but not sure where to start.

demondude
02-24-2010, 08:53 PM
The oldest game I have currently working is AoE 2. It still beats most of my other games though, so I guess age isn't everything!

Tavrobel
02-24-2010, 09:07 PM
I still play Age of Empires I.

I'm the kind of guy who likes archer civs, like the Hitties and Assyrians.

Goldenboko
02-24-2010, 10:19 PM

Agreed, this is why Briton's where the best in AoEII. Long-bowmen? Hawt.

Tavrobel
02-24-2010, 10:31 PM
I see your Britons, and I'll raise you a Chinese/Goths.

Enjoy your dead :bou::bou::bou::bou:.

Aerith's Knight
02-24-2010, 11:10 PM
Heroes of might and magic 2 ftw

And just to pwn all you "oldboys"... The Lost Vikings 1 and 2, and Indiana jones point and click games.

And this on a machine that runs Crysis, Bioshock 2, ME2 and everything else on max without problems.

Mo-Nercy
02-25-2010, 04:55 PM
I still play Age of Empires II: The Conquerors when I'm hankering for a history lesson. Mongols, Chinese or Teutons plz.

I also have GTA2 and SimCity 3000 on hand. Great fun xD

Raistlin
02-25-2010, 07:26 PM
I haven't played AoE I in... forever. I remember playing it after AoE II came out and being annoyed at the 50 unit limit for armies, which is closer to a typical villager total in a good AoE III game.

They're badass in AoE III, too.

Lightening
02-25-2010, 07:29 PM
I play lots of point and click games too, but i end up stuck and annoyed pretty fast. Yes, it makes perfect sense that I have to stick my hand down a cat's throat to find a map. :|

Ultima Shadow
02-26-2010, 02:55 PM
Heroes of might and magic 2 ftw
Bah! Ever heared of King's Bounty, son? That's what REAL men play!

(ps: I love the Heroes of Might and Magic series. 3 was the best though.)

Also... AoE 1 is still my fav title in the AoE series. Hoplites ftw! It should be played with the Rise of Rome expansion though.

demondude
02-26-2010, 10:58 PM

Britons are the best because they are Britons. :mad2:

Tavrobel
02-26-2010, 11:10 PM
I haven't played AoE I in... forever. I remember playing it after AoE II came out and being annoyed at the 50 unit limit for armies, which is closer to a typical villager total in a good AoE III game.

If you play using the multiplayer, one of the ways to play will give you an option of increasing your population max.

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6995/aoe1200.png

Aerith's Knight
02-27-2010, 12:54 AM
Canadian bear pwns all.