PDA

View Full Version : Knots

Rye
02-24-2010, 07:10 PM
As in muscle knots. Do you get them often? How severe.

I need deep muscle massages every day from someone. =x

Xaven
02-25-2010, 05:18 AM
I thought of Knott's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knott%27s_Berry_Farm). D:

I never really get muscle pains, let alone severe knots. I feel bad for those who do though. I'm not a very good masseuse, but I try to help with what I can. D:

Rye
02-25-2010, 08:39 AM
I'm a really good masseuse, but I don't like to massage people because I'm lazy. I just like getting massages. :shobon:

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-25-2010, 08:46 AM
Not too often, but I do give myself a good enough rub down if the case arises, sometimes I get my friends to, but only certain ones. Some people just can't massage.

More often than not, I am the one giving massages out. I haven't had a complaint save for being a bit too hard. I am used to my friends who want a deep massage, so I use more pressure. I tend to forget that not all my friends are that tough, so I end up hurting them. Now I am a lot better at gauging what they can take and I will ask before I go deeper.

TheAbominatrix
02-25-2010, 09:04 AM
I thought of Knott's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knott%27s_Berry_Farm). D:

Me too!

I don't so much get knots as general tightness in my back and legs. I have woken up many nights writhing in pain from a charlie horse in my calf or the arch of my foot suddenly locking up. Usually whatever noise I make or my movement wakes up the future husbandy dude and he massages the spasm til it goes away.

Now I need to go get one of my massage therapist friends to rub my back.. it sounds so good.

Jiro
02-25-2010, 09:39 AM
I thought of knots in a rope. Anyway.

Fortunately I don't get muscle problems nearly as often as I probably should. Usually if I get damaged, it's joint pain. But on occasion I've needed to loosen up knots in my muscles. One time in particular, my spine kind of collapsed and so my muscles had to hold me up. They were fucked and kept spasming and I couldn't move without severe pain. Good ol' chiro fixed that one up.

Breine
02-25-2010, 12:15 PM
My neck could use a good rubbing.

I sometimes beg my dad to give me a massage, mainly because my mom sucks at it. However, when he agrees to do it, it usually ends with me screaming and squirming because he's tormenting me with his massive hands.. and he just thinks it's funny ;_;

Psychotic
02-25-2010, 02:23 PM
I thought of knots in a rope.As did I.

My back is a mess and has been for years. Should probably get it looked at but cba.

Mo-Nercy
02-25-2010, 03:36 PM
I don't know about knots, but I get really sore feet every now and again. I have flat arches and I make it worse by wearing thongs a lot (they encourage your feet to fall inwards with each step).

qwertysaur
02-25-2010, 04:37 PM
One occasions I get them. I strongly dislike them.

Raistlin
02-25-2010, 05:12 PM
The only muscle problems I have is shin splints, which was terrible during high school soccer. I would take my shin guards off after a game or heavy practice and not be able to walk for a few minutes.

But when I'm not heavy running every day, I just have to stretch before exercising and I'm all good.

NorthernChaosGod
02-25-2010, 10:48 PM
I don't really get knots, just some muscle tightness now and then. Usually my muscles are pretty loose though.

I'm a really good masseuse, but I don't like to massage people because I'm lazy. I just like getting massages. :shobon:
How selfish, Rye. :colbert:

I thought of knots in a rope. Anyway.

Make that three, I thought the thread might be a little kinky.

G13
02-26-2010, 11:41 AM
I don't get knots but I get cramps or kinks quite often. I get them in my feet while I'm stretching and a few times I've gotten one in my neck right below my jaw while yawning. That one hurt like a bitch.

Rodarian
02-26-2010, 05:00 PM
I get knots on my shoulders, but no ones gives me any neck rubs....:cry:

Loony BoB
03-04-2010, 11:16 AM
Translation: "I'm a typical demanding girlfriend who doesn't like to give back." Tut tut!

I give a good massage but it takes a lot of energy out of you. Danielle is just like Rye, too. To be fair, she sometimes offers to give massages back, but I think my bones need more thelp than my muscles, so I need to visit a chiropractor someday.

Rye
03-04-2010, 12:09 PM
It's not just with Huxley; it's with everyone who gives my back massages! Nothing is worse than getting a massage, and then having to give one back after. Ruins the relaxation. :(

Loony BoB
03-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Fair enough, but you don't have to return the favour immediately. But if that is insisted to be the case, give them one first, problem solved. :D

Fujiko
03-09-2010, 02:59 AM
My neck could use a good rubbing.

I sometimes beg my dad to give me a massage, mainly because my mom sucks at it. However, when he agrees to do it, it usually ends with me screaming and squirming because he's tormenting me with his massive hands.. and he just thinks it's funny ;_;

Lol xD Poor Breine~
I never say no to getting a massage, unless the person doesn't know how to, and ends up hurting me~ I don't mind giving a massage if I'm not too lazy, and apparently I'm pretty good at it. I wish I had my own masseur though, that would be so awesome~ <3